Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"It might be nice to live an ordinary life, or spend our days enjoying ourselves as we please. But our moods and emotions change from moment to moment. We also have to
    deal with the effects of our karma and the troubled times in which we live. Unless we develop inner strength and richness, we can end up leading lives that, while they may appear free and easy on the surface, are actually the very opposite.

"Where can we find life's true glory and victory? Their brilliance shines in dedicating ourselves to the welfare of society and the world and to the cause of peace. Without a solid central pillar of a greater purpose such as the happiness and solidarity of the human family, we will end up alone, leading an aimless life without any profound meaning or direction. When we take action to carry out our noble mission of kosen-rufu--working to help others become happy and spreading the Mystic Law--the drama of our own human revolution begins."

SGI Newsletter No. 7939, 37th SOKA GAKKAI HEADQUARTERS LEADERS' MEETING--PART 1 [OF 2], Walking the Path of Absolute Happiness, from the February 15, 2010, issue of the
    Seikyo Shimbun, translated Feb. 23rd, 2010
    Nam-myoho-renge-kyo!

Comment

"Likewise, without tribulation there would be no votary of the Lotus Sutra."

(A Ship to Cross the Sea of Suffering - The Writings of Nichiren Daishonin, Vol.1, page 33) Selection source: "Suntetsu", Seikyo Shimbun, February 28th, 2010
      Last edited by PassTheDoobie; 03-01-2010, 18:19.
      Nam-myoho-renge-kyo!

Comment

"The Daishonin writes: 'Even one seed, when planted, multiplies' (WND-2, 602). Seeds cannot sprout if they aren't sown. We need to sow one seed of the Mystic Law after another, sparing no effort. It is through such continuous, tireless actions that kosen-rufu will advance."

SGI Newsletter No. 7940, OUR BRILLIANT PATH TO VICTORY, Our Warm Soka Family--Part 1 [of 2], translated Feb. 24th, 2010
        Nam-myoho-renge-kyo!

Comment

"Therefore a person who upholds the Lotus Sutra is repaying the debt of gratitude owed to father and mother."

(The Four Virtues and the Four Debts of Gratitude - The Writings of Nichiren Daishonin, Vol.2, page 638) Selection source: "Kyo no Hosshin", Seikyo Shimbun, February 26th, 2010
          Nam-myoho-renge-kyo!

Comment

Those who never give in, no matter how hard the situation might be, are true victors. To not be defeated is what true happiness is all about. My dear friends, be strong, stand fast!

Daisaku Ikeda
            Nam-myoho-renge-kyo!

Comment

"Of course, you're free to live your lives how you like, but don't forget the fundamental path of life.

"The Soka Gakkai teaches us this fundamental path--a path for accumulating good fortune, helping others, and working for peace. That's why we now have so many members around the world, and why our numbers continue to grow steadily. Support and praise for our movement promoting peace, culture, and education is spreading across the globe, transcending all boundaries and divisions.

"Nichiren Daishonin expounded his teaching for the eternal future. There's no need for us to rush or hurry. All the pieces are in place. The tide of history is moving in the direction of humanism. With profound conviction in this truth, please advance with a calm, relaxed, and broad-minded attitude."

SGI Newsletter No. 7939, 37th SOKA GAKKAI HEADQUARTERS LEADERS' MEETING--PART 1 [OF 2], Walking the Path of Absolute Happiness, from the February 15, 2010, issue of the Seikyo Shimbun, translated Feb. 23rd, 2010
              Nam-myoho-renge-kyo!

Comment

It's a shame how someone will be foolish enough to prescribe to Mr.Hooky-whatever-sect is attempting to perpetrate. To impede the good, myoho, clear, concise, mellowing, electrifying and awe inspiring (and for me delectable nature) of practitioners of Nichiren Daishonin's Buddhism only leads to banishment into the avichi hell. I've been reading it for four years, I've discussed it so much, I even asked about this wacko a while back and realized that I just need to focus on this thread and the Chanting Growers. I do shakubuku here too with everyone else.

I read the news and don't watch scary movies, I like my coffee dark and sugarless and my pot strong and bold. I like my Buddhism to go like this "Nam-myoho-renge-kyo!Nam-myoho-renge-kyo!Nam-myoho-renge-kyo!" I like the people who respectfully post on this thread and I love all the Bodhisattva of the Earth and The Buddhas of the Ten Directions. I'm Nichiren's #1 Fan for life and a good friend to all.

I don't like people who post crap about my icmag screen name and don't really care to know me. I don't like people obstructing or attempting to obstruct the Buddhanature of others. I don't like zealots in any organization, but I do understand that all these people I don't like have a Buddhanature. From the bottom of my heart I'll continue to live like Bodhisattva Never Disparaging and I will see the Buddhanature within everyone. I just need to take this lil post and apply it to my non-existant relationship with my mum and the best is yet to come!

Thanks for the huge post Tom. I think that (EXPLOSION) was a great way to stop giving some obstructionist more fuel to continue his losing battle. Even after a nuclear strike its unfortunate, but even cockroach may be seen running from shadow to shadow. I think that Battling erroneous teachings/teachers is our mandate and correcting the misinformation/misinformed is a requirement in our practice. Thanks for the post, I got lots of studying to do and I got a good laugh out of tonight's Buddhist study.

Comment

"Arouse deep faith, and diligently polish your mirror day and night. How should you polish it? Only by chanting Nam-myoho-renge-kyo."

(On Attaining Buddhahood in This Lifetime - The Writings of Nichiren Daishonin, Vol.1, page 4) Selection source: "Kyo no Hosshin", Seikyo Shimbun, March 1st, 2010
                  Nam-myoho-renge-kyo!

Comment

Another name for "Buddha" is "hero of the world." To be victorious in the realities of daily life is what Buddhism is all about. To find ways to overcome any and all kinds of difficulties is what our faith and practice is there for! Let's confront all challenges with an absolutely indomitable spirit!

Daisaku Ikeda

*The Hero of the World is another name for the Buddha, so called because he valiantly confronts all sufferings and leads all people to enlightenment. The “Parable of the Phantom City” chapter of the Lotus Sutra reads, “World hero without peer, you who adorn yourself with a hundred blessings, you have attained unsurpassed wisdom. ” - "The Hero of the World", WND-I, page 835-841
                    Nam-myoho-renge-kyo!

Comment

"The mind is like a skilled painter, who creates various forms made up of the five components. Thus of all the phenomena throughout the entire world, there is not a single one that is not created by the mind."

(The Unanimous Declaration by the Buddhas of the Three Existences regarding the Classification of the Teachings and Which Are to Be Abandoned and Which Upheld - The Writings of Nichiren Daishonin, Vol.2, page 844) Selection source: "Myoji no Gen", Seikyo Shimbun, March 2nd, 2010
                      Nam-myoho-renge-kyo!

Comment

The courageous actions of wise and sensible women is the very driving force that will change the world for the better. Let's all strive together to establish a new era in which all mothers and children can have wonderful radiant smiles!

DAisaku Ikeda
                        Nam-myoho-renge-kyo!

Comment

"Employ the strategy of the Lotus Sutra before any other. 'All others who bear you enmity or malice will likewise be wiped out.' These golden words will never prove false."

(The Strategy of the Lotus Sutra - The Writings of Nichiren Daishonin, Vol.1, page 1001) Selection source: "Kyo no Hosshin", Seikyo Shimbun, March 3rd, 2010
                          Nam-myoho-renge-kyo!

Comment

"Life itself is a learning process, and learning as long as we live is the way to lead a fully human life."

SGI Newsletter No. 7946, The New Human RevolutionVolume 23: Chapter 2, Light of Learning 2, translated March 2nd, 2010
                            Nam-myoho-renge-kyo!

Comment

Lets keep painting the lanscapes we will one day live in.
                              Let's write today's thoughts and relish their majesty tomorrow.
                              If everything we do is for kosen-rufu then we're of the same mind.
                              Come on with it!

Comment

kosen-rufu
                                [広宣流布] ( Jpn)

Wide propagation, or wide proclamation and propagation. A term from the Lotus Sutra that literally means to declare and spread widely. The "Medicine King" (twenty-third) chapter of the Lotus Sutra reads, "After I [Shakyamuni Buddha] have passed into extinction, in the last five-hundred-year period you must spread it abroad widely (kosen-rufu) throughout Jambudvipa and never allow it to be cut off." Nichiren (1222-1282), identifying himself as the votary of the Lotus Sutra, made it his lifelong mission to fulfill the above injunction of the Buddha, that is, kosen-rufu. He saw widely propagating his teaching of Nam-myoho-renge-kyo, which he identified as the essence of the sutra, as the fulfillment of that mission. Nichiren wrote in his Selection of the Time, "Can there be any doubt that, after this period described in the Great Collection Sutra when 'the pure Law will become obscured and lost,' the great pure Law of the Lotus Sutra will be spread far and wide (kosen-rufu) throughout Japan and all the other countries of Jambudvipa?" (WND/550). In The True Aspect of All Phenomena, he also wrote, "At the time when the Law has spread far and wide (kosen-rufu), the entire Japanese nation will chant Nam-myoho-renge-kyo, as surely as an arrow aimed at the earth cannot miss the target" (WND/385). In On Practicing the Buddha's Teachings, he wrote: "The time will come when all people will abandon the various kinds of vehicles and take up the single vehicle of Buddhahood, and the Mystic Law alone will flourish throughout the land. When the people all chant Nam-myoho-renge-kyo, the wind will no longer buffet the branches, and the rain will no longer break the clods of soil. The world will become as it was in the ages of Fu Hsi and Shen Nung" (WND/392). He meant that the spread of the Mystic Law would bring about peace in society and nature.
                                Nam-myoho-renge-kyo!

Comment

Working...
                                X