What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Chanting Growers Group

Status
Not open for further replies.

Payaso

Original Editor of ICMagazine
Veteran
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo !

Life is still rolling along and here we still are chanting along...

Nam Myoho Renge Kyo!

Payaso

Veteran
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo !

Life is still rolling along and here we still are chanting along...

Nam Myoho Renge Kyo!

easyDaimoku

Veteran
From the Writings of Nichiren Daishonin
Friday, June 8, 2012:
Be resolved to summon forth the great power of faith, and chant Nam-myoho-renge-kyo with the prayer that your faith will be steadfast and correct at the moment of death. Never seek any other way to inherit the ultimate Law of life and death, and manifest it in your life.
The Writings of Nichiren Daishonin, page 218
The Heritage of the Ultimate Law of Life
Written to Sairen-bo Nichijo on February 11, 1272

easyDaimoku

Veteran
Its time to Chant: Nam-myoho-renge-kyo!!!!

Its time to Chant: Nam-myoho-renge-kyo!!!!

"When it comes to studying the teachings of Buddhism, one must first learn to understand the time."
The Writings of Nichiren Daishonin, page 538
The Selection of the Time
Written to Yui in 1275

June 10, 2012

--WORDS OF THE WEEK--
The momentum we create in our discussion
meetings spreads joy and benefit.
Let's all brim with the Gakkai spirit
and cultivate our districts--castles of
capable people--into places abuzz
with joy and laughter.

--TO MY FRIENDS--
Let's ensure that our solidarity
abounds with heartwarming encouragement.
We are all "comrades" of kosen-rufu.
Discussions that generate understanding
and conviction will increase our
strength by twofold!

Translations of "Words of the Week" and "To My Friends" published in the Seikyo Shimbun, based on President Ikeda's recent guidance, with universal value and application.

--今週の言葉--
 座談会の勢いが
 歓喜と功徳を広げる。

easyDaimoku

Veteran
From the Writings of Nichiren Daishonin
Wednesday, June 13, 2012:
"When an evil ruler in consort with priests of erroneous teachings tries to destroy the correct teaching and do away with a man of wisdom, those with the heart of a lion king are sure to attain Buddhahood. Like Nichiren, for example. I say this not out of arrogance but because I am deeply committed to the correct teaching."
The Writings of Nichiren Daishonin, page 302
Letter to Sado
Written to Toki Jonin on March 20, 1272

easyDaimoku

Veteran
Keep spreading the words: Nam-myoho-renge-kyo! = Shakubuku

6/12/2012

To my friends by

Daisaku Ikeda

The keys to good health are:
"vibrant, rhythmical gongyo and daimoku,"
"a balanced diet" and
"action dedicated to others."
Together, let's spend every day of our
lives creating value.

Daily Encouragement by Daisaku Ikeda
It all comes down to hope. If we SGI members advance with hope and buoyant spirits, then we have nothing to fear in either the present or the future. The Law will continue to spread as long as those who uphold it remain vigorous and well.

Wisdom for Modern Life by Daisaku Ikeda
No one can escape death. Precisely because of this, when people resolve to live at each instant with all their might, to make the present moment shine by living true to themselves and leading truly humane existences, they can summon forth immense strength. At the same time, they can manifest a considerate spirit toward others. Herein lies the Middle Way. Buddhism is the philosophy that teaches this essential way of life.

easyDaimoku

Veteran
Let's unite through our daimomku! We deserve each other's strength when we unite on this world wide mission for kosen-rufu. So let's keep spreading hope, good causes (with good intentions), and a warm welcome to everyone at our local gatherings for the sake of our practice. Let's keep chanting with our friends and encouraging others to chant vigorously too. Its a winning recipe in my book!

Friends, keep advancing! Develop the courage when you chant each day to absolutely attain each and everyone of your goals and keep helping others do the same! This is a sincere wish I carry for myself and hope that others are also chanting Nam-myoho-renge-kyo with faith that they will continue to be the driving cause for kosen-rufu right where we find ourselves today and tomorrow.

My daimoku is flowing ceaselessly, our future is bright!

Payaso

Veteran
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo!

Made an old friend say it the other day, stumbled it, then began shouting it out as in the old daze... Good stuff.

Nam Myoho Renge Kyo!

easyDaimoku

Veteran
Ohh Chris that's so great! We're capable of so much compassion, let's keep saving the world one person at a time.

Sending you a big hug brother Chris! :hug:

easyDaimoku

Veteran
"Furthermore, human beings have two heavenly gods who always accompany them, just as a shadow follows the body. One is named Same Birth and the other Same Name. Perched on one's left and right shoulders, they protect one [by reporting all of one's deeds to heaven]. Therefore, heaven never punishes those who have committed no error, let alone people of merit. That is why the Great Teacher Miao-lo stated, "The stronger one's faith, the greater the protection of the gods." So long as one maintains firm faith, one is certain to receive the great protection of the gods."
The Writings of Nichiren Daishonin, page 614
The Supremacy of the Law
Written to Oto and her mother, Nichimyo, on August 4, 1275

easyDaimoku

Veteran
Daily Encouragement by Daisaku Ikeda
Friday, June 15, 2012:

The Daishonin teaches the meaning of true happiness and the true purpose of life. Fame and momentary glories are no more than illusions. True happiness lies in cultivating the great state of Buddhahood within one's life. This is life's true purpose. By chanting daimoku, we can change all of our sufferings into the ingredients for attaining a Buddha's lofty state of life.

easyDaimoku

Veteran
Wisdom for Modern Life by Daisaku Ikeda
Friday, June 15, 2012:

The joy of heaven is ephemeral like a mirage or a dream. A life spent in pursuit of a mirage is itself a mirage. The purpose of Buddhist practice is to establish an eternally indestructible state of happiness; not a fleeting happiness that perishes like a flower but an internal palace of happiness that will last throughout all time.

easyDaimoku

Veteran
Sensei Toda always told President Ikeda: "Daisaku, never leave anything to chance."

Sensei Toda always told President Ikeda: "Daisaku, never leave anything to chance."

June 16, 2012

--TO MY FRIENDS--
Carelessness is our greatest enemy.
Take precautions to prevent traffic accidents
and fires from occurring, and beware of
of scam artists and purse-snatchers.
Let's remind each other to be vigilant
so that we can thwart accidents before
they happen.

Translation of "To My Friends" published in the Seikyo Shimbun, based on President Ikeda's recent guidance, with universal value and application.

--わが友に贈る--
 油断は大敵だ。
 交通事故、火災、詐欺
 ひったくりにも用心を!
 皆で注意を呼びかけ
 事故を未然に防げ!

--WAGA TOMO NI OKURU--
YUDAN WA TAITEKI DA.
KOTSUJIKO, KASAI, SAGI
HITTAKURI NI MO YOJIN O!
MINA DE CHUI O YOBIKAKE
JIKO O MIZEN NI FUSEGE!

Skip

Veteran
I was surprised to learn that Steve Jobs used the same mantra I do...

I kinda doubt he has freed himself from the cycle of rebirth cause I think he still has a lot he wants to do...

Gate, Gate, Paragate, Parasamgate, bodhi svaha.

easyDaimoku

Veteran
Hey Skip you're almost there! Let's start chanting Nam-myoho-renge-kyo together and ...

"IF you wish to free yourself from the sufferings of birth and death you have endured since time without beginning and to attain without fail unsurpassed enlightenment in this lifetime, you must perceive the mystic truth that is originally inherent in all living beings. This truth is Myoho-renge-kyo. Chanting Myoho-renge-kyo will therefore enable you to grasp the mystic truth innate in all life."
(The Writings of Nichiren Daishonin, Page 3, On Attaining Buddhahood in this Lifetime)

Here is the link to the full context of this quote: http://www.sgilibrary.org/view.php?page=3

Nam-myoho-renge-kyo!!!

The Writings of Nichiren Daishonin, page 614
The Supremacy of the Law
Written to Oto and her mother, Nichimyo, on August 4, 1275 06-13-2012 09:07 PM

Payaso

Veteran
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo!

Nice to see you here Babbabud, and Easy! Wonderful lessons you are sharing with us. Many thanks...

Nam Myoho Renge Kyo!

easyDaimoku

Veteran
Blowing that LIME BREEEEEEEEZE! Come on down to daimoku town:

Nam-myoho-renge-kyo!!!
Nam-myoho-renge-kyo!!!
Nam-myoho-renge-kyo!!!
Nam-myoho-renge-kyo!!!
Nam-myoho-renge-kyo!!!
Nam-myoho-renge-kyo!!!
Nam-myoho-renge-kyo!!!

Status