What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Chanting Growers Group

Status
Not open for further replies.

easyDaimoku

Veteran
Happy May 3rd!

Happy May 3rd!

Nam-myoho-renge-kyo!

President Ikeda's To My Friends
Thursday, May 3, 2012
Thank you so much for our great victory on this "Soka Gakkai Day." The time to engage in momentous construction is upon us. Let's encourage one another and advance together toward our great vow of kosen-rufu.

Hurrah for May 3rd, the day of great victory! Hurrah for Soka Gakkai Mothers' Day! Together with our sun-like "mothers," let's vibrantly engage in dialogue and advance, sharing words of hope that shine a light upon our friends.

May 2, 2012

Let's pray for the happiness
of our friends and engage
in sincere and earnest dialogue.
One-to-one dialogue is the driving force
for peace that links hearts.

May 1, 2012

The month for refreshing our "great vow"
has arrived.
Taking to heart the Daishonin's words,
"This is my vow, and I
will never forsake it!"(*)
let's courageously open the way
toward victory for kosen-rufu
and victory in our lives.

(*)"Opening of the Eyes, Part Two," WND I p. 281

April 30, 2012

Let's express our deep appreciation
to family members who are
supporting our SGI activities.
The path to a harmonious family
lies in our own behavior and actions.

easyDaimoku

Veteran
Puffing the World Peace Pipe, Nam-myoho-reneg-kyo is absolute! Daimoku everyday folks! Daimoku is chanting this: "Nam-myoho-reneg-kyo!"

:thank you:

easyDaimoku

Veteran
I'm smoking Marijuana and look like a Dude & Grateful model citizen today! #BuddharificBuds

mmmmmmmmm, nothing like some afternoon daimoku!

Nam-myoho-renge-kyo!
Nam-myoho-renge-kyo!
Nam-myoho-renge-kyo!

easyDaimoku

Veteran
I feel like grateful, happy person today! Daimoku everyday is the way I maintain!

I feel like grateful, happy person today! Daimoku everyday is the way I maintain!

From the Writings of Nichiren Daishonin
Friday, May 11, 2012:
The moon appears in the west and sheds its light eastward, but the sun rises in the east and casts its rays to the west. The same is true of Buddhism. It spread from west to east in the Former and Middle Days of the Law, but will travel from east to west in the Latter Day.
The Writings of Nichiren Daishonin, page 401
On the Buddha's Prophecy
Written to all disciples and lay supporters on May 11, 1273

Daily Encouragement by Daisaku Ikeda
Friday, May 11, 2012:
The Daishonin urges us to earnestly chant Nam-myoho-renge-kyo, even just once or twice, stressing that if we do so we will definitely attain enlightenment. Now some might immediately think, "All right! I'll just put faith aside and take it easy, then embrace faith seriously a year before I die." But the Daishonin's words in this instance are meant to spur his followers to devote greater efforts to their Buddhist practice, emphasizing the beneficial power of chanting even a single daimoku. The correct way to read the Gosho is to always interpret the Daishonin's words from the standpoint of strengthening our faith.

Payaso

Original Editor of ICMagazine
Veteran
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo to all!

And especially to any chanting growing mothers! Happy Mother's Day!

Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

easyDaimoku

Veteran
Mother, the most righteous figure of the family, bringer of Buddhas!

Mother, the most righteous figure of the family, bringer of Buddhas!

Dear Mommas,
We all appreciate you!
Always,
MyohoDisco

"There are a few in this province of Kai who have expressed their desire to take faith. Yet I make it a rule not to permit them to join us unless they remain steadfast in their resolve. Some people, despite their shallow understanding, pretend staunch faith and speak contemptuously to their fellow believers, thus often disrupting the faith of others."
The Writings of Nichiren Daishonin, page 800
The Workings of Brahma and Shakra
Written to Nanjo Tokimitsu on May 15, 1277

Payaso

Original Editor of ICMagazine
Veteran
Nice to see you here Hammerhead!

Nam Myoho Renge Kyo~

I am so happy this thread is still alive after all these years. It is nice to have some continuity in life.

Nam Myoho Renge Kyo~

Without chanting I would not have the courage to roar and do new things I would never have considered in the past... so with a roar I chant:

Nam Myoho Renge Kyo!

And send best wishes and respect to all~!

easyDaimoku

Veteran
Ups and downs seem to matter in the moment. When I look at the last 6 years of chanting with the Gohonzon, on this thread, and compare that to the first few dozen - I can easily see the greatness of this practice. There are so many gimmicks and tricks in society, that fuck people up big time before they get to this thread like I did. However, if you're courageous enough to tap into your Buddhahood by chanting daimoku then you'll know what I'm talking about.

Some people come here and have started, or friends in my personal life, but their karma fucks their practice up and they dont continue. That's really unfortunate, especially when you meet someone with tons of potential to become happier in their lives! Yet even recently, I poured my heart out to a person that was scared to even go to a chanting meeting, said this individual started chanting, then eventually went back to the streets to sling molly to kids. Come on human, that's some more serious karma ontop of a life of serious karma. Make some good causes and realize your true and full potential.

Essentially, chanting "Nam-myoho-renge-kyo" will lift that veil of bullshit and lies that your EGO and lesser self develops throughout your life. You'll see the truth within, you'll advance, and you'll be able to measure that advance. I'm advancing, whether I like it or not! That's because I stay chanting no matter what happens.

Which reminds me, YO T CHECK IN HOMIE! I hope you're feeling better. Easy to Socal, come in Socal! Miss you both big time! TheBabbabud- bud the Legend looks so righteous homie, thanks for the encouragement. Mrs.BuddhaBabbaBud - waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaazzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzup sister! Every joint reminds me of your finger sized joints, we're advancing brother. I'm always here for my people.

DAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWG!
I CHANT for Buddhas, I CHANT FOR Buddhas. We grow plants with our Buddhas dawg!

Keep it green and keep it growing!

Love you long time (like infinity),
MyohoDisco

P.S. - CHRIS! BIG HUG TO YOU HOMIE! Bonzo, much love to you playa!

easyDaimoku

Veteran
May 19, 2012

--TO MY FRIENDS--
Young people of Soka,
the busier you are, the more
you should make time to study.
Develop yourself into a first rate,
capable individual of culture
and noble character.

Translation of "To My Friends" published in the Seikyo Shimbun, based on President Ikeda's recent guidance, with universal value and application.

--わが友に贈る--
創価の青年よ
忙しい時ほど
学びの時間を創れ!
教養と人格光る
一流の人材に育て!

--WAGA TOMO NI OKURU--
SOKA NO SEINEN YO
ISOGASHII TOKI HODO
MANABI NO JIKAN O TSUKURE!
KYOYO TO JINKAKU HIKARU
ICHIRYU NO JNZAI NI SODATE!

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo
Chris thanks for the welcome.

I Have chanted for years but never participated in this thread. Now that i'm here I send out a load ROAR ....
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo! :)

easyDaimoku

Veteran
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo
Chris thanks for the welcome.

I Have chanted for years but never participated in this thread. Now that i'm here I send out a load ROAR ....
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo! :)

Aye Hammy,

That's so awesome! I was writing an essay on leadership for my MBA applications and wrote about President Ikeda, President Toda, and President Makiguichi. This is the type of leadership that inspired Tony Matsuoka, Ted Osaki, PassTheDoobie, then Babbabud, then Mrs.Babba, then ME! Our filial pieity is something I hold close to my heart because although we span many different cultures, generations, and influences we are united under the common goal of kosen-rufu. In fact, I'm going to a chanting meeting in a little while and feel so great about it!

I've encouraged many of my friends to chant, and many of them do. We live a happier life these days because of our faith in the Gohonzon. I'm not rich, but I'm doing very well because of my faith. I'm only in my 6th year and expect huge improvements over the next year of faith, practice, and study!

I've enjoyed your messages, and hope to hear more from you going forward!

All my best to all my friends and family throughout icmag!

Big hugs all around,
MyohoDisco!!!

Babbabud

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Been working out of town a few hours from home. Excuse my absence please :) But know that im chanting
Nam myoho renge kyo !
Nam myoho renge kyo
Nam myoho renge kyo

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
"The old fox never forgets the hillock where he was born; the white turtle repaid the kindness he had received from Mao Pao. If even lowly creatures know enough to do this, then how much more should human beings!"

(On Repaying Debts of Gratitude - The Writings of Nichiren Daishonin, Vol.1, page 690)
Selection source: Kyo no Hosshin, Seikyo Shimbun, May 19th, 2012

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
"The Soka Gakkai brings together mentor and disciple, fellow members, and people’s hearts in the effort to attain kosen-rufu. The Soka Gakkai is a humanistic organszation that must always put people ahead of bureaucracy. That’s what makes the Soka Gakkai strong."

SGI Newsletter No. 8517, The New Human Revolution––Vol. 25: Chap. 2, Shared Struggle 58, translated May 16th, 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.