Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Congrats Wilson! I'm a chapter leader and support an area while living in another county. The struggle we undertake to support kosen-rufu in America makes me happy. You and pumpkin man plus me over here protecting the members is very important for kosen-rufu. We have an extra special responsibility as chanting growers in SGI leadership to really pave the way for other chanting growers to assume their natural role as leaders of worldwide kosen-rufu.

I have three people I'm working on shakubuku right now. It is sooooooo hard to keep your friends, new introduced acquaintances and others chanting and focusing on their practice. I have enough trouble making sure I chant and taking on the burden of helping others chant then helping them continue their practice is a lifelong commitment that spells out our mission as we go forward. Let's keep protecting the members and supporting those meetings.

I need all the chanting growers to be the most vibrant rocks of faith in their respective meetings and to keep reporting their great progress to all of us continuously. This thread can also be a tool for chanting growers in SGI leadership to share their mission and their work for kosen-rufu as it already has been...

Chanting Growers, I am very proud of each of you. Let's keep doing this thing called Nichiren Daishonin's Buddhism correctly for the rest of this life and the next!

PEACE!

Comment

Thanks Chanting Growers for Lola

I am happy to report that thru the prayers of many, especially my daughter, Lisa, who made this experience a huge breakthru in her buddhist practice, that Lola is home after a grueling week of life or death. She is progressing well and I would like to share some of Lisa's experience with you shortly. She gave her experience last Saturday at her SGI district meeting. It really blew me away and I got a little teary eyed. She just would not lose her little baby girl Lola.

Thanks so much to everyone here! Another amazing actual proof experience from practicing to this great Gohonzon. I appreciate the Gohonzon, Nichiren Daishonin and everyone so much!

Nam Myoho Renge Kyo
      SoCal

Comment

A hundred years of practice in the Land of Perfect Bliss cannot compare to the
        benefit gained from one day's practice in the impure world. Two thousand years
        of propagating Buddhism during the Former and Middle Days of the Law are
        inferior to an hour of propagation in the Latter Day of the Law. This is in no
        way because of Nichiren's wisdom, but simply because the time makes it so. In
        spring the blossoms open, in autumn the fruit appears. Summer is hot, winter is
        cold. The season makes it so, does it not?

(WND, 736)
        On Repaying Debts of Gratitude
        Written to Joken-bo and Gijo-bo on July 21, 1276
        SoCal

Comment

Hi everyone. Just joined the group! Glad to be here. If any of you have yahoo, add me. My screen name is chanting_buddha

Nam Myoho Renge Kyo
          Jonathan

Comment

Welcome chantingbuddha, welcome to ICMag and the Chanting Grower's Group...

Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

Comment

Nam myoho renge kyo
              Sorry for my absence. Been doing battle with the weather and my work. Hope everyone is doing well and happiness is abundant.
              Nam myoho renge kyo
              (Medical Patient In Compliance)

Nam myoho renge kyo !! Mugi wasshin
              your bud
              babba

Peace/ Be here now

Babba's Farm L.L.C.

The political views, or conspiracy theories, of icmag ownership, do not reflect my own views and are sole property of the participants

Comment

Welcome chantingbuddha!

Congratulations to Wilson! Many thanks to you too Brother! Lead them to Eagle Peak!

SoCal! I am so happy to hear about LOLA! I did definitely send her Daimoku and to your daughter and you as well! This is the way this one had to go down! I think it's called:

VICTORY OF GOLD!

Hello to DG, and Chris and Bud and Sleepy!

Easy remember it is never easy and just when you think you deserve reward the karmic influence of your fundamental darkness will give rise to win-or-lose situation after win-or-lose situation. Never give up! Never lament! Just win. It's a day to day, week to week, month to month, year to year, decade to decade process. It's referred to as "throughout your life!"

I find myself in the midst of another one of those out-of-the-blue catastophic challenges! I have been chanting rather than posting! Seven hours yesterday! I'm laughing now! This shit never ends and I will summarily kick some stinking fucking devil ass once again!

I am so grateful to chant abundant Daimoku! But a funny thing happened! When I was chanting and feeling fear at first, as I continued it occured to me how many, many, people there must be in the world also filled with fear. How many of them were cold or hungry or fearing for their lives or the lives of their children and loved ones?

I wondered what would it be like to deal with my challenge without the merciful hope from past experiences of victory that comes with chanting Daimoku and practicing the Daishonin's Buddhism? How sad and scary would that be? I felt so bad --I mean really emotionally moved--for the suffering of all the people going through shit right now. I felt their pain and I chanted really hard for the happiness of everyone--even those who slander me. For hours!

I am proud to prove the validity of my faith one more time and will do that without fail!

Oh well!!! Hellos to Scegy and Hit, and Caille and Lapides, and SD--and to all the MANY Chanting Growers out there that I am not mentioning by name! My deepest respect and gratitude to all!

Bowing in humble obeisance,

Thomas
                Last edited by PassTheDoobie; 01-26-2010, 22:28.
                Nam-myoho-renge-kyo!

Comment

Good Morning Thomas,

I think fear is the greatest detractor from leading a fulfilling life. And it seems many would have the masses living in a state of constant fear.

Throw off those chains, chant Nam Myoho Renge Kyo and feel the strength flow!

Comment

"Even one seed, when planted, multiplies."

(Cloth for a Robe and an Unlined Robe - The Writings of Nichiren Daishonin, Vol.2, page 602) Selection source: Editorial, Seikyo Shimbun, January 25th, 2010
                    Nam-myoho-renge-kyo!

Comment

"The sun, moon, and myriad stars are found in one's life."

(The Mongol Envoys - The Writings of Nichiren Daishonin, Vol.1, page 629) Selection source: SGI President Ikeda's speech, Seikyo Shimbun, January 24th, 2010
                      Nam-myoho-renge-kyo!

Comment

"But my life from the beginning has been based upon firm conviction. I have no intention now of reversing my course, nor will I ever reproach [those who persecuted me]."

(Why No Protection from the Heavenly Gods? - The Writings of Nichiren Daishonin, Vol.2, page 432) Selection source: "Kyo no Hosshin", Seikyo Shimbun, Jan 20th, 2010
                        Nam-myoho-renge-kyo!

Comment

"In a scene from one of Goethe's novels that highlights the hidden potential that people possess, one of the characters refers to a woman who, though at first glance had seemed to be 'the most useless creature in the world,' actually had a unique talent, which she was able to brilliantly reveal, develop, and put to use by working together with others. The character remarks: 'That shows what can become of people.'

"The potential for limitless self-improvement--this is none other than the path of human revolution, the focus of both Buddhism and Goethe.

"Carrying out ongoing human revolution is very important. Always keeping the inner sun shining in your hearts, please spread the light of joy with unflagging resilience, optimism, and good cheer."

SGI Newsletter No. 7914, 35th SOKA GAKKAI HEADQUARTERS LEADERS MEETING--PART 2 [OF 2] Tapping Our Limitless Potential for Self-improvement, from the Dec. 22nd, 2009, issue of the Seikyo Shimbun, translated Jan. 18th, 2010
                          Nam-myoho-renge-kyo!

Comment

"And yet, though one might point at the earth and miss it, though one might bind up the sky, though the tides might cease to ebb and flow and the sun rise in the west, it could never come about that the prayers of the practitioner of the Lotus Sutra would go unanswered."

(On Prayer - The Writings of Nichiren Daishonin, Vol.1, page 345) Selection source: "Kyo no Hosshin", Seikyo Shimbun, Jan. 21st, 2010
                            Nam-myoho-renge-kyo!

Comment

"Nichiren Daishonin writes: 'The varied sufferings that all living beings undergo--all these are Nichiren's own sufferings' (OTT, 138). All living beings in this troubled saha world have sufferings. Everyone has different kinds of problems--problems that are truly varied and diverse in nature.

"But we can definitely overcome life's sufferings and problems, no matter how serious or deep-seated they may be. This is the purpose of faith in the Mystic Law. The essence of Buddhist dialogue is meeting and interacting with our friends in the compassionate and empathetic spirit of the Daishonin.

"In other words, as the Daishonin's emissaries, we wholeheartedly encourage others, assuring them with unshakable conviction that they will definitely become happy. And we also strive with them to bring forth wisdom and courage so that we can triumph together over our problems and sufferings. There is no more noble work of the Buddha than this.

SGI Newsletter No. 7915, Creating a Precious Record of Our Life in This World, from the February 2010 issue of Daibyakurenge, translated Jan. 19th, 2010
                              Nam-myoho-renge-kyo!

Comment

Buddhism teaches that, when the Buddha nature manifests itself from within, it
                                will receive protection from without. This is one of its fundamental principles.

(WND, 848)
                                The Three Kinds of Treasures
                                Written to Shijo Kingo on September 11, 1277
                                SoCal

Comment

Working...
                                X