Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Suffer what is there to suffer, enjoy what there is to enjoy. Regard both suffering and joy as facts of life, and continue chanting Nam-myoho-renge-kyo, no matter what happens."

(Happiness in This World - The Writings of Nichiren Daishonin, Vol.1, page 681) Selection source: "Kyo no Hosshin", Seikyo Shimbun, June 27th, 2009
    Nam-myoho-renge-kyo!

Comment

"Blue dye is bluer than indigo itself, and ice is colder than water."

(Offering in the Snow - The Writings of Nichiren Daishonin, Vol.2, page 809) Selection source: "Kyo no Hosshin", Seikyo Shimbun, Jan. 18th, 2010
      Nam-myoho-renge-kyo!

Comment

"It is through the use of words and letters that the Buddha saves living beings."

(Letter to Renjo - The Writings of Nichiren Daishonin, Vol.2, page 6) Selection source: "Myoji no Gen", Seikyo Shimbun, June 30th, 2009
        Nam-myoho-renge-kyo!

Comment

"It has been twenty or more years now since I found myself in that situation and began the great battle. Not once have I thought of retreat."

(The Great Battle - The Writings of Nichiren Daishonin, Vol.2, page 465) Selection source: SGI President Ikeda's lecture series, Seikyo Shimbun, July 2nd, 2009
          Nam-myoho-renge-kyo!

Comment

T, it is so wonderful that you place these readings here for us all, my deepest gratitude for everything you do to keep me yearning to learn more.

Often I find these writings to bring such inner feelings forth, and I especially like this one.

Originally posted by PassTheDoobie View Post
            "The Daishonin writes: 'Iron, when heated in the flames and pounded, becomes a fine sword. Worthies and sages are tested by abuse' (WND-1, 303). Iron is tempered by fire to become steel, which can then be forged into a magnificent sword. The same is true of people. It is actually to our advantage to undergo hardship and struggles in life."

SGI Newsletter No. 7803, 30TH SOKA GAKKAI HEADQUARTERS LEADERS MEETING--PART 1 [OF 2] Maintain a Youthful Spirit, from the June 21st, 2009, issue of the Seikyo Shimbun, translated June 25th, 2009
            Much love to you all!

Nam Myoho Renge Kyo!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

this thread is def my favorite thread here. dang near 1000pages!!!! Namaste
              Best Link: http://www.angelfire.com/cantina/fourtwenty/yor/yor.htm

**All correspondence from Matanuskan Flo is purely hypothetical & typed under extreme intoxification.**

Comment

Welcome Matanuskan Flo,

You have come to a place that is a favorite of many and please enjoy the read. Not sure how you can go thru 1000 pgs but I know any pgs you peruse will fill you with great life experiences that show the proof of this Buddhism. Please stick around and see what you can gain from the wisdom of this thread.

Again, Welcome

Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

Rob
                SoCal

Comment

Help me with daimoku towards my Nichiren Shu friend! I am helping him and another non-practicing SGI friend come to a huge meeting this weekend. I have another friend almost ready to recieve Gohonzon! New school is school and tougher. Work is hard and I'm gonna have to work weekends to keep up.

I'm here always in spirit reading up and keeping the faith polished. I just have to keep chanting. Nam-myoho-renge-kyo is what I chant!

Comment

Originally posted by Matanuskan Flo View Post
                    this thread is def my favorite thread here. dang near 1000pages!!!! Namaste
                    Use the search function and enjoy posts that include incredible Josei Toda material! You will learn that we practice Nichiren Daishonin's Buddhism and it's great. One rule: Just chant Nam-myoho-renge-kyo! enjoy!

All my best to all the new chanting growers! wWwwWHOA!

Comment

It is certain that, even if there were an age when the sun rises in the west, or
                      a time were to come when the moon emerges from the ground, the Buddha's words
                      would never prove false. Judging from this, there cannot be the least doubt that
                      your late father is now in the presence of Shakyamuni Buddha, the lord of
                      teachings, and that you will receive great blessings in your present existence.
                      How wonderful, how splendid!

(WND, 655)
                      Good Fortune in This Life
                      Written to Nanjo Tokimitsu on January 19, 1276
                      SoCal

Comment

Strengthen your resolve more than ever. Ice is made of water, but it is colder
                        than water. Blue dye comes from indigo, but when something is repeatedly dyed in
                        it, the color is better than that of the indigo plant. The Lotus Sutra remains
                        the same, but if our repeatedly strengthen your resolve, our color will be
                        receive more blessings than they do.

(WND, 615)
                        The Supremacy of the Law
                        Written to Oto and her mother, Nichimyo, on August 4, 1275
                        SoCal

Comment

Humanity today lacks hope and vision for the future. It is for precisely this
                          reason that the Bodhisattvas of the Earth have appeared. Without your presence,
                          the future of humanity would be bleak and spiritual declines its destination.
                          That is why you have been born in this age and are now playing an active role in
                          society. This is the meaning of jiyu, or "emerging from the earth."
                          Consequently, each of you will definitely become happy. Please be confident that
                          you will lead lives overflowing with good fortune throughout the three
                          existences of past, present, and future.

D. Ikeda
                          SoCal

Comment

"If one lights a fire for others, one will brighten one's own way."

(On the Three Virtues of Food - The Writings of Nichiren Daishonin, Vol.2, page 1060)Selection source: "Myoji no Gen", Seikyo Shimbun, Jan. 19th, 2010
                            Nam-myoho-renge-kyo!

Comment

"The renowned Indonesian author Pramoedya Ananta Toer (1925-2006), a man of high principles, wrote: 'Friends with you in times of trouble are friends in everything. Never belittle friendship. Its magnificence is greater than the fire of enmity.' Nothing--not power or authority, self-interest or gain--is stronger than friendship built on sincerity and integrity."

SGI Newsletter No. 7914, 35th SOKA GAKKAI HEADQUARTERS LEADERS MEETING--PART 2 [OF 2] Tapping Our Limitless Potential for Self-improvement, from the Dec. 22nd, 2009, issue of the Seikyo Shimbun, translated Jan. 18th, 2010
                              Nam-myoho-renge-kyo!

Comment

Originally posted by PassTheDoobie View Post
                                "If one lights a fire for others, one will brighten one's own way."

(On the Three Virtues of Food - The Writings of Nichiren Daishonin, Vol.2, page 1060)Selection source: "Myoji no Gen", Seikyo Shimbun, Jan. 19th, 2010
                                This applies to me. Last night I became a "Made Man". Yup the MD district ldr. Here comes the human revolution.

Thanks PTD!
                                Wilson!
                                Nam myoho renge kyo

Comment

Working...
                                X