What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Chanting Growers Group

Status
Not open for further replies.

easyDaimoku

Veteran
I started chanting again more consistently (day and night) for the past few days and let me tell you today I cashed in! So I ended the year losing my youngest pet (kitten with an enlarged heart died at 5 months old), all my plants had the worst case of spidermites ever and i couldn't clone anything, seeds weren't germinating, tons of family problems, money has been in the negative for too long, and then work was going haywire! Suffice to say, I kept my faith through the dark moments, and used my daimoku to build up my courage and advance in my personal life.

I'm so serious about chanting that even when my life is teetering on the edge, I chant daimoku! Today I got a bonus from work for busting my ass, and I'm starting up some (kush) bagseed to celebrate! Buddhism is everyday life and hope more people come read this thread and learn how to make their lives better with Buddhism. Buddhism is reason and Nichiren Daishonin's Buddhism is the only thing working without fail in this world! Its a fact and if you know me, my life is proof. The Gohonzon protects you, and your faith continues to grow as you progress in your daily practice. In about a month I'll celebrate yaer 6 with the Gohonzon in my life, and Babba will also celebrate year 7! We joined the SGI as a result of PTD setting this thread in motion, and through the years I've seen people read the thread and ignore it. Those who ignored it continue to suffer.

In fact, one dude that I know chanted Nam-myoho-renge-kyo as a result of this thread's participants is selling moldy bud these days (perhaps unwittingly but not good karma nonetheless)! They never wanted to go to an SGI meeting and didn't even want to continue chanting as far as I know. But we helped this person see the Gohonzon and chant daimoku. I know they can turn things around... Sometimes you just need to chant for specific things and then see the results. I only condone chanting and thats it. Chant - Nam-myoho-renge-kyo and you're good to go!

Of course there is more to our practice than just chanting everyday (study and participating in constructive dialogue with others), but also remember even though we aren't children on this thread there are thousands and millions of children in this practice throughout the world. Chant to continue to support this practice for the youth, and re-experience the youthfulness within you. Some people who don't chant because they don't like to embrace other people who chant need to learn to get over that. End of the cycle of social anxiety and embrace the lifestyle of a Bodhisattva of the Earth! Its as simple as saying your first Nam-myoho-renge-kyo.

Some people support me and my chanting, but don't chant. I respect them, but wish they chanted. Some people ask me to chant for them, but won't chant for themselves. When they do chant, I hope for them to continue. Rarely have I met a person that continues to consistently chant. I'm never going to stop chanting, but it hurts to see people not chanting, and not trying to use this practice to improve their lives! WHY CONTINUE TO SUFFER EVERYDAY? WHY ARE SOME OF YOU JUST WASTING YOUR LIFE AND NOT TRYING TO CHANGE? WHY ARE SOME OF YOU TYPING NAM-MYOHO-RENGE-KYO and not chanting it? Its because we're in this world, Mappo, and the negativity in this world is a big deal. We gotta overcome that negativity every moment, then you'll see advancement. Its sad to me how weed depresses some people. Good meds elevate my life condition, but nothing raises my spirits like a good strong chanting session. The more we chant, the more we increase in faith, wisdom, fearlessness, and hope!

I'm chanting daimoku and hope that you do too! Let's do it!

easyDaimoku

Veteran
Thanks Bud! We're going the distance for sure!

Thanks Bud! We're going the distance for sure!

A translation of President Ikeda's "To My Friends" published in the Seikyo Shimbun and more.

Thursday, February 23rd, 2012
-- TO MY FRIENDS --
Let's be very careful about imbalances in our eating habits and lack of sleep.
By following a good heathy rhythm and lifestyle
let's find creative ways to prevent fatigue from accumulating.
Let's endeavour to live every day of our lives healthily
and subsequently victoriously!

Thursday, February 23rd, 2012
--- DAILY GOSHO ---
"It must be ties of karma from the distant past that have destined you to become my disciple at a time like this. Shakyamuni and Many Treasures certainly realised this truth. The sutra's statement, 'Those persons who had heard the Law dwelled here and there in various Buddha lands, constantly reborn in company with their teachers,' cannot be false in any way."

(The Heritage of the Ultimate Law of Life - The Writings of Nichiren Daishonin, Vol. 1, page 217)
Selection source: Kyo no Hosshin, Feb 23rd, 2012

Friday, February 24th, 2012
---- DAILY ENCOURAGEMENT ----
"Surmounting every challenge with confidence and dignity, no matter how difficult the way forward, imparting courage to all, and forging onward together to savour the joy of victory—that is the way of true champions of kosen-rufu.

"In a letter to the Ikegami brothers who were battling obstacles that had arisen on the path of faith, Nichiren Daishonin writes: “Put into flames, a rock simply turns to ashes, but gold becomes pure gold” (WND-1, 497). Overcoming hardships that test both body and spirit is what forges genuine character. Enduring arduous trials in life, including crises at work and serious illness, enables one to become a golden pillar of strength."

SGI Newsletter No. 8456, Men’s Division, Safeguard the Citadel of Soka!, from the March 2012 issue of Daibyakurenge, translated Feb. 22nd, 2012.

* The Japanese kanji for To My Friends is available by clicking on Seikyo Shimbun's web-site address at
http://www.seikyoonline.jp/news/index.html

--- WAGATOMO NI OKURU ---
SHOKUSEIKATSU NO MIDARE YA
SUIMIN BUZOKU NI CHUI!
SEIKATSU NO "RHYTHM" TADASHIKU
TSUKARE O TAMENAI KUFU O.
HIBI KENKO O KACHITORE!

-- KYO NO GOSHO --
KAKO NO SHUKUEN OIKITATTE KONDO NICHIREN GA DESHI TO NARI TAMAUKA SHAKA TAHO KOSO GOZONJI SORORAME "ZAIZAI SHOBUTSUDO JOYO SHIGUSHO" YOMO SORAGOTO SORAWAJI
(Gosho Zenshu, page 1338)

------------------------------------

If you have a friend(s) who would like to get To My Friends directly get them to send an E-mail to the following address and just simply write - "subscribe"
: SGI-ToMyFriends-Wagatomo-subscribe@yahoogroups.co.uk

from there on it is all automatic!

ALSO if you want to introduce a friend to the SGI but just don't know where to start, share with them the following address and they can read and watch some very well put together explanations about the SGI. Check it out yourself!

http://www.sgi.org/

Payaso

Original Editor of ICMagazine
Veteran
Chanting like Easy does!

Nam Myoho Renge Kyo!

It works for sure.

Nam Myoho Renge Kyo!

Just look around you for evidence...

Nam Myoho Renge Kyo!

Payaso

Veteran
"If Nichiren’s compassion is truly great and encompassing, Nam-myoho-renge-kyo will spread for ten thousand years and more, for all eternity, for it has the beneficial power to open the blind eyes of every living being in the country of Japan, and it blocks off the road that leads to the hell of incessant suffering."

(On Repaying Debts of Gratitude - The Writings of Nichiren Daishonin, Vol. 1, page 736) Selection source: Buddhist study for new members, Seikyo Shimbun, Feb 13th, 2012

Thomas, this seems to be very true indeed.

Nam Myoho Renge Kyo~

Desiderata

Bodhisattva of the Earth
Veteran
Payaso, yes you sir have been a floating soap bubble popping positively on folks since your return! It sure is good to witness!

desi

Payaso

Veteran
I always smile when I see Desi's inward/outward spiraling eye-catching avatar. It is a good thing indeed.

Last edited:

Bonzo

Veteran
Payaso, yes you sir have been a floating soap bubble popping positively on folks since your return! It sure is good to witness!

desi

a "floating soap bubble" :D :D :D

that brought a smile to my face indeed! :)

Nam Myoho Renge Kyo :)

peace and love :)

easyDaimoku

Veteran
We're not 'Spring Chickens', but we're "Youthful Bodhisattvas of the Earth"!

We're not 'Spring Chickens', but we're "Youthful Bodhisattvas of the Earth"!

From the Writings of Nichiren Daishonin
Sunday, February 26, 2012:
The Great Teacher Tz'u-en wrote a work in ten volumes entitled Praising the Profundity of the Lotus Sutra in which he praised the Lotus Sutra, but the Great Teacher Dengyo criticized it, saying, "Though he praises the Lotus Sutra, he destroys its heart." If we consider these examples carefully, we will realize that, among those who read the Lotus Sutra and sing its praises, there are many who are destined for the hell of incessant suffering.
The Writings of Nichiren Daishonin, page 718
On Repaying Debts of Gratitude
Written to Joken-bo and Gijo-bo on July 21, 1276

February 26, 2012

--TO MY FRIENDS--
The mission of youth is
to create history--
to initiate action.
Today, let's advance vibrantly
along the path of dialogue!

Translation of "To My Friends" published in the Seikyo Shimbun, based on President Ikeda's recent guidance, with universal value and application.

--わが友に贈る--
青年の使命とは
 歴史を創ることだ。
行動を起こすことだ。
さあ今日も生き生きと
対話の道を進もう!

--WAGA TOMO NI OKURU--
SEINEN NO SHIMEI TO WA
REKISHI O TSUKURU KOTO DA.
KODO O OKOSU KOTO DA.
SA KYO MO IKIIKI TO
TAIWA NO MICHI O SUSUMO!

Desiderata

Bodhisattva of the Earth
Veteran
Good morning Easy and Chanting Growers!

Right,... we can sing the song all day, but if we don't live it in practice and take it's truth to heart, we are just barley scratching the surface of wisdom, when we could be merrily(full of high spirits) having a full day that is truly appreciated.

Negativety is abound,
Positivity is all around ,
We just have to grab it and hold on for the ride.

Nam Myoho Renge Kyo!!!

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I started chanting again more consistently (day and night) for the past few days and let me tell you today I cashed in! So I ended the year losing my youngest pet (kitten with an enlarged heart died at 5 months old), all my plants had the worst case of spidermites ever and i couldn't clone anything, seeds weren't germinating, tons of family problems, money has been in the negative for too long, and then work was going haywire! Suffice to say, I kept my faith through the dark moments, and used my daimoku to build up my courage and advance in my personal life.

I'm so serious about chanting that even when my life is teetering on the edge, I chant daimoku! Today I got a bonus from work for busting my ass, and I'm starting up some (kush) bagseed to celebrate! Buddhism is everyday life and hope more people come read this thread and learn how to make their lives better with Buddhism. Buddhism is reason and Nichiren Daishonin's Buddhism is the only thing working without fail in this world! Its a fact and if you know me, my life is proof. The Gohonzon protects you, and your faith continues to grow as you progress in your daily practice. In about a month I'll celebrate yaer 6 with the Gohonzon in my life, and Babba will also celebrate year 7! We joined the SGI as a result of PTD setting this thread in motion, and through the years I've seen people read the thread and ignore it. Those who ignored it continue to suffer.

In fact, one dude that I know chanted Nam-myoho-renge-kyo as a result of this thread's participants is selling moldy bud these days (perhaps unwittingly but not good karma nonetheless)! They never wanted to go to an SGI meeting and didn't even want to continue chanting as far as I know. But we helped this person see the Gohonzon and chant daimoku. I know they can turn things around... Sometimes you just need to chant for specific things and then see the results. I only condone chanting and thats it. Chant - Nam-myoho-renge-kyo and you're good to go!

Of course there is more to our practice than just chanting everyday (study and participating in constructive dialogue with others), but also remember even though we aren't children on this thread there are thousands and millions of children in this practice throughout the world. Chant to continue to support this practice for the youth, and re-experience the youthfulness within you. Some people who don't chant because they don't like to embrace other people who chant need to learn to get over that. End of the cycle of social anxiety and embrace the lifestyle of a Bodhisattva of the Earth! Its as simple as saying your first Nam-myoho-renge-kyo.

Some people support me and my chanting, but don't chant. I respect them, but wish they chanted. Some people ask me to chant for them, but won't chant for themselves. When they do chant, I hope for them to continue. Rarely have I met a person that continues to consistently chant. I'm never going to stop chanting, but it hurts to see people not chanting, and not trying to use this practice to improve their lives! WHY CONTINUE TO SUFFER EVERYDAY? WHY ARE SOME OF YOU JUST WASTING YOUR LIFE AND NOT TRYING TO CHANGE? WHY ARE SOME OF YOU TYPING NAM-MYOHO-RENGE-KYO and not chanting it? Its because we're in this world, Mappo, and the negativity in this world is a big deal. We gotta overcome that negativity every moment, then you'll see advancement. Its sad to me how weed depresses some people. Good meds elevate my life condition, but nothing raises my spirits like a good strong chanting session. The more we chant, the more we increase in faith, wisdom, fearlessness, and hope!

I'm chanting daimoku and hope that you do too! Let's do it!

:wave: Like Bud said, "Great post Easy!!!"

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
"The “Bodhisattva Never Disparaging” (20th) chapter of the Lotus Sutra teaches that in the distant past after the death of Buddha Awesome Sound King, in the Middle Day of the Law, a bodhisattva named Never Disparaging appeared. Whenever he encountered someone, Bodhisattva Never Disparaging preached the “24-character Lotus Sutra,” bowing respectfully and praising them: “I have profound reverence for you, I would never dare treat you with disparagement or arrogance. Why? Because you will all practise the bodhisattva way and will then be able to attain Buddhahood.” (LSOC20, 308)

"Bodhisattva Never Disparaging believed that all living beings possess the Buddha nature, and so saying, he knelt placing his hands together in a gesture of reverence.

"But people reacted to his words with anger and hatred. Disbelieving what Bodhisattva Never Disparaging said, they defamed and cursed him, set upon him with sticks and staves, and threw roof tiles and stones at him.

"Still, Bodhisattva Never Disparaging said, “I have profound reverence for you,” and continued to show respect for his attackers. He never stopped bowing to them.

"The sutra teaches that those who disrespected and attacked Bodhisattva Never Disparaging at that time spent a thousand kalpas in the hell of incessant suffering, but in the end, because of the connection that they had made from hearing the True Law from Bodhisattva Never Disparaging, they were able to attain Buddhahood."

SGI Newsletter No. 8458, The New Human Revolution––Vol. 25: Chap. 2, Shared Struggle 16, translated Feb. 23rd, 2012.

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I'm coming to my mom and dad's in two weeks! I hope to see you guys soon! Until then, we've been pretty busy! So forgive my absence, but you guys always post more when I don't, anyway!!! THANK YOU!!!

Bowing in humble obeisance,

Thomas

Bonzo

Veteran
I'm coming to my mom and dad's in two weeks! I hope to see you guys soon! Until then, we've been pretty busy! So forgive my absence, but you guys always post more when I don't, anyway!!! THANK YOU!!!

Thomas

howdy dude! :)

Desiderata

Bodhisattva of the Earth
Veteran
This is your second home!

This is your second home!

Thomas

You've been on my mind for the last two,three weeks brother. It's great to hear from you. Your excitement is catching bro!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts