What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Chanting Growers Group

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

TrichyTrichy

Nam Myoho Renge Kyo!
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo!
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo!

Chanting for my friend.

Bonzo

Veteran
Buddhism is a philosophy that shows us the way
to win in the here and "now" and opens up a great future.
Come, let's challenge ourselves to take one step forwards
on the stage of our respective mNamissions!
Let's each live out a great "drama" of our human revolution!

Daisaku Ikeda

Nam Myoho Renge Kyo :)

have a great day my friends! :D

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
"If Nichiren’s compassion is truly great and encompassing, Nam-myoho-renge-kyo will spread for ten thousand years and more, for all eternity, for it has the beneficial power to open the blind eyes of every living being in the country of Japan, and it blocks off the road that leads to the hell of incessant suffering."

(On Repaying Debts of Gratitude - The Writings of Nichiren Daishonin, Vol. 1, page 736) Selection source: Buddhist study for new members, Seikyo Shimbun, Feb 13th, 2012

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
"The struggle really starts from now. When we overcome one obstacle, without wasting a moment we should move on to the next. That is the spirit of the Daishonin’s Buddhism of True Cause.”

SGI Newsletter No. 8448, Our Brilliant Path to Victory, from the Jan. 16th, 2012, issue of the Seikyo Shimbun, translated Feb. 9th, 2012

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
"Nevertheless, even though you chant and believe in Myoho-renge-kyo, if you think the Law is outside yourself, you are embracing not the Mystic Law but an inferior teaching."

(On Attaining Buddhahood in This Lifetime - The Writings of Nichiren Daishonin, Vol. 1, page 3) Selection source: Kyo no Hosshin, Seikyo Shimbun, Feb 11th, 2012

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
"(... thus the Buddha’s mind found expression as the written words of the Lotus Sutra. These written words are the Buddha’s mind in a different form."

(Opening the Eyes of Wooden and Painted Images - The Writings of Nichiren Daishonin, Vol. 1, page 86) Selection source: SGI President Ikeda's guidance, Seikyo Shimbun, Feb 12th, 2012

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
"My greatest wish is that you will all continue in the correct rhythm of putting your Buddhist faith into practice in your everyday lives so that you may become healthier and happier and lead long lives filled with great good fortune.

“...It’s also my wish that you all strive, exert yourselves, and fight in the same spirit as me for the sake of those who follow after us, so that they can all say they are happy and glad that they practice this Buddhism. That’s the duty of leaders as well as the key to your happiness as senior members in faith. Please engrave this deeply in your hearts.”

SGI Newsletter No. 8449, The New Human Revolution––Vol. 25: Chap. 2, Shared Struggle 5, translated Feb. 9th, 2012

easyDaimoku

Veteran
Happy Valentine's Day you Sweetheart Buddhas!

Happy Valentine's Day you Sweetheart Buddhas!

From the Writings of Nichiren Daishonin
Tuesday, February 14, 2012:
Whether you chant the Buddha's name, recite the sutra, or merely offer flowers and incense, all your virtuous acts will implant benefits and roots of goodness in your life. With this conviction you should strive in faith.
The Writings of Nichiren Daishonin, page 4
On Attaining Buddhahood in This Lifetime
Written to Toki Jonin in 1255

Daily Encouragement by Daisaku Ikeda
Tuesday, February 14, 2012:
Strength is happiness. Strength is itself victory. In weakness and cowardice there is no happiness. When you wage a struggle, you might win or you might lose. But regardless of the short-term outcome, the very fact of your continuing to struggle is proof of your victory as a human being. A strong spirit, strong faith and strong prayer—developing these is victory and the world of Buddhahood.

easyDaimoku

Veteran
Thursday, February 16, 2012:
According to the Buddhist teachings, prior to Shakyamuni slanderous monks would have incurred the death penalty. But since the time of Shakyamuni, the One Who Can Endure, the giving of alms to slanderous monks is forbidden in the sutra teachings.
The Writings of Nichiren Daishonin, page 23
On Establishing the Correct Teaching for the Peace of the Land
Submitted to Hojo Tokiyori on July 16, 1260

easyDaimoku

Veteran
Thursday, February 16, 2012:
I hope you will always live in unity with Nichiren Daishonin pursuing faith as disciples who are "of the same mind as Nichiren." Unfazed by the petty jealousies of others, please move forward boldly with joy and laughter.
Events

1222: Nichiren Daishonin is born.

easyDaimoku

Veteran
Finally got a bean to sprout

Finally got a bean to sprout

Happy New Year! 2012 is finally in full effect for us!

Don't be Afraid. Don't be Defeated. Faith! Victory of Gold!!!!!

:jump:Nam-myoho-renge-kyo! (it sounds better than typing it)

easyDaimoku

Veteran
"Courage gives rise to renewed resolve, and deep prayer infused with fresh resolve is the first, hope-filled step toward great victory."

(Daisaku Ikeda, February 10, 2012 World Tribune 1st Page)

Bonzo

Veteran
"Courage gives rise to renewed resolve, and deep prayer infused with fresh resolve is the first, hope-filled step toward great victory."

(Daisaku Ikeda, February 10, 2012 World Tribune 1st Page)

this was perfect this morning! :) thanks easy! :D

easyDaimoku

Veteran
Tuesday, February 21, 2012:
Friendship is strong. Friendship, camaraderie and unity in faith lie at the heart of the SGI. They come before the organization. We must never make the mistake of thinking that it is the other way around. The organization serves as a means for deepening friendship, comradeship and faith. To confuse the means and the end is a terrible mistake.

Wisdom for Modern Life by Daisaku Ikeda
There is no way of life more desolate or more pitiful than one of ignorance of the fundamental joy that issues from the struggle to generate and regenerate one's own life from within. To be human is much more than the mere biological facts of standing erect and exercising reason and intelligence. The full and genuine meaning of our humanity is found in tapping the creative fonts of life itself.

"Nam-myoho-renge-kyo will be your staff to take you safely over the mountains of death. The Buddhas Shakyamuni and Many Treasures, as well as the four bodhisattvas headed by Superior Practices, will lead you by the hand on your journey. If I, Nichiren, precede you in death, I will come to meet you at your last moment. If you should precede me, I will be sure to tell King Yama all about you. Everything that I tell you is true. According to the Lotus Sutra, Nichiren is the guide who knows the passes and gorges along the way."

The Writings of Nichiren Daishonin, page 451
The Swords of Good and Evil
Written to Hojo Yagenta on February 21, 1274

Status
Not open for further replies.