What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Chanting Growers Group

Status
Not open for further replies.

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
"Even a feeble person will not stumble if those supporting him are strong, but a person of considerable strength, when alone, may fall down on an uneven path."

(Three Tripitaka Masters Pray for Rain - The Writings of Nichiren Daishonin, Vol.1, page 598) Selection source: "Kyo no Hosshin", Seikyo Shimbun, June 17th, 2011

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Let's always start everything off with daimoku!
When times are difficult it's important that we chant first.
When times are good it's important that we chant first.
It is faith like running water that ensures us of absolute victory.*

Daisaku Ikeda

*"Today there are people who have faith in the Lotus Sutra. The belief of some is like fire while that of others is like water. When the former listen to the teachings, their passion flares up like fire, but as time goes on, they tend to discard their faith. To have faith like water means to believe continuously without ever regressing." - "The Two Kinds of Faith", WND-I, page 899

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
"Life is an arduous struggle to win over the onslaughts of karma. Do we allow ourselves to be swept away by the winds of fate, or do we courageously stand firm and come through victorious? Faith in the Law of Nam-myoho-renge-kyo, the essence of the Lotus Sutra, enables us to triumph over all obstacles."

SGI Newsletter No. 8238, "Strengthen Your Faith Day by Day and Month after Month," from the June 2011 issue of the Daibyakurenge, translated May 20th, 2011

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
"More valuable than treasures in a storehouse are the treasures of the body, and the treasures of the heart are the most valuable of all. From the time you read this letter on, strive to accumulate the treasures of the heart!"

(The Three Kinds of Treasure - The Writings of Nichiren Daishonin, Vol.1, page 851) Selection source: "Kyo no Hosshin", Seikyo Shimbun, May 21st, 2011

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
"My mentor, second Soka Gakkai president Josei Toda, once said:

"'The brothers Pure Storehouse and Pure Eye convinced their father to embrace faith in the correct teaching by demonstrating the power of the Mystic Law in their own lives. Likewise, there's no need for you to rush in and start lecturing your family members on the principles of Buddhism. Even if it takes time, first strive to become a fine person and put your parents' minds at ease. I want you to become people who really care for, respect, and appreciate their parents.'

"Mr. Toda's guideline of 'faith for a harmonious family' articulates one of our crucial goals as practitioners of the Daishonin's Buddhism. Mr. Toda also said that we mustn't allow our Buddhist practice to become a source of contention or conflict in our family. Sincerity is of prime importance. We must always be sincere and respectful in our dealings with others. We must take the lead by being positive, cheerful, and optimistic ourselves, and have the wisdom and compassion to warmly support and embrace those around us. Our continued efforts to cultivate such harmonious relations in our environment are the key to victory
in faith, and they shine with the wisdom of Buddhism.

"When our individual human revolutions and family revolutions as practitioners of the Mystic Law in the Latter Day give fresh prominence to the Lotus Sutra's teaching that all of us are Buddhas and deserving of the highest respect, it will be possible to realise a fundamental change in the karma of our strife-ridden times. Eventually, this hope-filled philosophy, restoring a warm current of compassion to this evil latter age, will spread throughout society and the world."

SGI Newsletter No. 8247, LEARNING FROM THE WRITINGS OF NICHIREN DAISHONIN: THE TEACHINGS FOR VICTORY, [27] 'A Father Takes Faith,' Unity and Human Revolution Are the Keys to Victory in Our Efforts for Kosen-rufu, from the April 2011 issue of the Daibyakurenge, translated June 6th, 2011.

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
"Myo means to revive, that is, to return to life."

(The Daimoku of the Lotus Sutra - The Writings of Nichiren Daishonin, Vol.1, page 149)
Selection source: Gosho for June, Seikyo Online, June, 2011

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Let's always enthusiastically sally forth to the very forefront of kosen-rufu activities. With such a challenging spirit our lives will constantly brim with genuine true happiness and boundless strong life force. Let's put forth our very best and fulfill our noble missions in this lifetime.

Daisaku Ikeda

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
"Suffer what there is to suffer, enjoy what there is to enjoy. Regard both suffering and joy as facts of life, and continue chanting Nam-myoho-renge-kyo. no matter what happens."

(Happiness in This World - The Writings of Nichiren Daishonin, Vol.1, page 681) Selection source: "Kyo no Hosshin", Seikyo Shimbun, July 4th, 2011

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Growing In The World :) I like that.

Welcome Home Payaso We Missed Ya
Wags

I would like to propose that PassTheDoobie does post 15,000 please. To me and I and remember when this thread was brought up when we talked about not allowing religion and politics. It was Babba that spoke up and said "politics and religion... no The Chanting Growers Group is simply a way of life that's all."

To me that's it in a nutshell. Trying to be the better person,make that your contest for the day and wanted to ensure I posted that in open Forum and to say ty for allowing me to pop in from time to time to say hey.

:wave:Thanks Wags! Yes this is our way of life! Let's all continue!

Deepest love and respect to all!

Thomas :thank you:

(I'll be out of the country for a few days! See you all next week!!!):tiphat:

easyDaimoku

Veteran
Happy 1000+ pages! Next month I will achieve my 6th year having a Gohonzon in my home and chanting daimoku.

Thanks to my good friends here supporting me I will be achieving 6 years with the SGI and 6 years with the Gohonzon in my home. Best 6 years of my life by far.

I'm proud to continue doing kosen-rufu everyday and salute all the chanting growers. To anyone reading this thread, please give this Nichiren Daishonin's Buddhism a chance and practice as prescribed in these writings... By giving it a chance you will unlock potential within yourself unlike any other!

Its time for you to start your human revolution and for me to continue!

YAY Happy 1000+ and BEYOND!

mrwags

********* Female Seeds
ICMag Donor
Veteran
"Suffer what there is to suffer, enjoy what there is to enjoy. Regard both suffering and joy as facts of life, and continue chanting Nam-myoho-renge-kyo. no matter what happens."

(Happiness in This World - The Writings of Nichiren Daishonin, Vol.1, page 681) Selection source: "Kyo no Hosshin", Seikyo Shimbun, July 4th, 2011

I knew you would make it special and is why I asked for it :)

That's it to me, gotta have good with the bad and no matter what smile and keep keepin on.:ying:

TY Again
Wags

Bonzo

Veteran
:D ONE THOUSAND PAGES AND GROWING! :D

:) NAM MYOHO RENGE KYO :)

I am honored to be a part of this and honored to be in such awesome company :) thank you Chanting Growers for being you and being here! :)

peace love and prosperity my brothers and sisters! :)

Babbabud

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Nam myoho renge kyo :)
watching some doors close and, Im sure, open here :)

Nam myoho renge kyo
Nam myoho renge kyo
Nam myoho renge kyo

Payaso

Original Editor of ICMagazine
Veteran
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo!

That's quite a celebration burst from Thomas! Thank you!

Nam Myoho Renge Kyo!

15,000 + posts and growing . . . totally wonderful!

Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

easyDaimoku

Veteran
To My Friends
Sunday, February 12, 2012
One young woman of stalwart faith can radiate and spread a light of hope to others. Embrace the hearts of friends who are suffering, with a spring breeze of inspiration and encouragement.

Go to Archive
Words of the Week
Week of February 6, 2012
The "Soka youth" introductory seminars are forums of hope that call forth springtime. Just as the Daishonin encouraged us to "chant Nam-myoho-renge-kyo and urge others to do the same,"(*) let's exuberantly share experiences of practicing Nichiren Buddhism and advance for the sake of the happiness of oneself and others. (*)"Questions and Answers about Embracing the Lotus Sutra," WND I, p. 64

Go to Archive
Above is a translation of "To My Friends" that is based on President Ikeda's recent guidance, published in the Seikyo Shimbun.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts