What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Chanting Growers Group

Status
Not open for further replies.

Payaso

Original Editor of ICMagazine
Veteran
Here we go again, another week chanting and growing in the world.

Nam Myoho Renge Kyo!

I hope it is wonderful for everyone.

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
"Single-mindedly chant Nam-myoho-renge-kyo and urge others to do the same; that will remain as the only memory of your present life in this human world."

(Questions and Answers about Embracing the Lotus Sutra - The Writings of Nichiren Daishonin, Vol.1, page 64) Selection source: SGI President Ikeda's guidance, Seikyo Shimbun, February 5th, 2012

easyDaimoku

Veteran
Congrats Bonz! I know how that feels!

Keep keeping on with me homie! We're going all the way maintaining this faith because its all we really got.

Great seeing everyone post! We're almost at a 1000 pages and I'm super thrilled that my next Gohonzon bday is almost here!

Going to ride the wave of good fortune - Nam-myoho-renge-kyo!

:surfsup:

easyDaimoku

Veteran
President Ikeda's Daily Encouragement has been helping me so much lately

President Ikeda's Daily Encouragement has been helping me so much lately

To My Friends
Monday, February 6, 2012
In a life lived for kosen-rufu, every day is a fresh start. Reciting morning gongyo and chanting daimoku are the driving force for victory. With our lives brimming with joyful optimism, let's advance!

February 2, 2012

The Daishonin states,
"One's thoughts are expressed
in one's voice."(*)
Let's continue to earnestly pray
for the happiness of our friends.
Our "voice" of sincere concern
will strike a chord in our
friend's heart without fail.

(*) "Opening the Eyes of Wooden and Painted Images," WND I. p. 86

http://www.sgi-usa.org/encouragement/tmf.php?m=2&d=01&y=2012

Bonzo

Veteran
Congrats Bonz! I know how that feels!

Keep keeping on with me homie! We're going all the way maintaining this faith because its all we really got.

Great seeing everyone post! We're almost at a 1000 pages and I'm super thrilled that my next Gohonzon bday is almost here!

Going to ride the wave of good fortune - Nam-myoho-renge-kyo!

:surfsup:
yessir easy! :) woo hoo! :D

Nam Myoho Renge Kyo! :)

mrwags

********* Female Seeds
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Here we go again, another week chanting and growing in the world.

Nam Myoho Renge Kyo!

I hope it is wonderful for everyone.

Growing In The World :) I like that.

Welcome Home Payaso We Missed Ya
Wags

I would like to propose that PassTheDoobie does post 15,000 please. To me and I and remember when this thread was brought up when we talked about not allowing religion and politics. It was Babba that spoke up and said "politics and religion... no The Chanting Growers Group is simply a way of life that's all."

To me that's it in a nutshell. Trying to be the better person,make that your contest for the day and wanted to ensure I posted that in open Forum and to say ty for allowing me to pop in from time to time to say hey.

Last edited:

Payaso

Original Editor of ICMagazine
Veteran
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo!

The rain dance worked, more than 1 inch last night. Cat is angry, no sunshine today. He thinks I am responsible for the rain, well I was dancing wasn't I?

Nam Myoho Renge Kyo!

Well the cat is now outside, in the rain, he had to go so out he went. Hope he's having a nice dance...:)

Nam Myoho Renge Kyo!

"Single-mindedly chant Nam-myoho-renge-kyo and urge others to do the same; that will remain as the only memory of your present life in this human world."

(Questions and Answers about Embracing the Lotus Sutra - The Writings of Nichiren Daishonin, Vol.1, page 64)
~ Thank you Thomas!

easyDaimoku

Veteran
This is why we are who we are...

This is why we are who we are...

From the Writings of Nichiren Daishonin
Wednesday, February 8, 2012:
"Not even the wisdom of the Buddha can fathom the blessings that one will obtain by giving alms to Nichiren and by becoming his disciple and lay supporter."

The Writings of Nichiren Daishonin, page 384
The True Aspect of All Phenomena
Written to Sairen-bo Nichijo on May 17, 1273

Wisdom for Modern Life by Daisaku Ikeda
Wednesday, February 8, 2012:
Josei Toda often compared death to sleep. When we have been awake for a long time, we tire and go to sleep. And when we wake up after a sound sleep, our vitality is restored. After we have been alive for a long time, we grow weary and die. And then we set out on a new life with a fresh spirit. Death is a period of "recharging" for our next existence.

To My Friends

February 8, 2012

The philosophy of Nichiren Buddhism
enables us to triumph in the
present moment and open up
future possibilities.
Let's challenge ourselves to take
one step forward on the stage of
our mission, and play out a drama
of our personal human revolution!

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
"Therefore, I say to you, my disciples, try practising as the Lotus Sutra teaches, exerting yourselves without begrudging your lives! Test the truth of Buddhism now!"

(The Selection of the Time - The Writings of Nichiren Daishonin, Vol.1, page 583) Selection source: Kyo no Hosshin, Feb 8th, 2012

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
"Please keep taking on each new challenge with a determination firm enough to penetrate stone. Times of tribulation, in particular, are crucial opportunities. Nichiren Daishonin writes: ‘Only by defeating a powerful enemy can one prove one’s real strength’ (WND-1, 302). Once you’ve overcome that obstacle, you’ll demonstrate the greatness of Buddhism and kosen-rufu will advance in a major way."

SGI Newsletter No. 8433, The New Human Revolution––Vol. 25: Chap. 1, Light of Happiness 56, translated Jan. 20th, 2012

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Buddhism is a philosophy that shows us the way
to win in the here and "now" and opens up a great future.
Come, let's challenge ourselves to take one step forwards
on the stage of our respective missions!
Let's each live out a great "drama" of our human revolution!

Daisaku Ikeda

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Here we are! Almost eight years an a thousand pages later! THANK YOU!!!!!!

Bump the thread if you read it!!!!!

Bowing in humble obeisance,

Thomas

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
In a life based on striving to achieve kosen-rufu, everyday is a fresh new beginning. Our morning gongyo and daimoku is therefore the very driving force for winning in all the challenges of the day. Let's always advance full of energy and good cheer!

Daisaku Ikeda

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
"Fortune comes from one's heart and makes one worthy of respect."

(New Year's Gosho - The Writings of Nichiren Daishonin, Vol.1, page 1137) Selection source: Kyo no Hosshin, Seikyo Shimbun, February 4th, 2012

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
"We are in a struggle against time, and each moment must be used efficiently. People who can make the best use of their time are victorious.”

SGI Newsletter No. 8441, The New Human Revolution––Vol. 25: Chap. 2, Shared Struggle 2, translated Jan. 31st, 2012

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
"Chinese author Ba Jin (1904–2005) said: 'The future has endless possibilities, and can be shaped in innumerable ways through one’s own efforts.... Hope is produced through effort.'[1]

SGI Newsletter No. 8393, Cultivating a Great Forest of Capable People, translated Dec. 5th, 2011 from the May 27th, 2011, issue of the Seikyo Shimbun

[1] Translated from Chinese. Ba Jin, Ba Jin jingxuanji (Selected Works of Ba Jin) (Beijing: Beijing Yanshan Publishing House, 2006), p. 279.

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
"Kosen-rufu is a struggle between the forces of the Buddha and devilish functions. As long as we maintain the unity of 'many in body, one in mind,' we can defeat all devilish functions and promote the spread of the Mystic Law. Unity is an eternal theme of kosen-rufu. The Daishonin took great pains to ensure that his followers could work together harmoniously.

"To be 'one in mind' as practitioners of the Daishonin's Buddhism means to share the spirit or commitment to energetically advance kosen-rufu. This describes the heart of people uniting together in the grand objective of realising the Buddha's wish of the widespread propagation of the Mystic Law. Being 'one in mind' essentially means for each of us to make the heart or intent of the Buddha our own, which gives rise to true unity.

"Negative forces unite together to oppose the Lotus Sutra and its practitioners, but their partnership is invariably fragile and fleeting because their aim is not enduring or universal. When the forces of good that champion the eternal Mystic Law are strong, such negative alliances always disintegrate in the end.

"By bringing forth our Buddha nature through chanting Nam-myoho-renge-kyo and awakening to our vow for kosen-rufu from the remote past, we who uphold the Mystic Law can demonstrate the true unity of Bodhisattvas of the Earth."

SGI Newsletter No. 8247, LEARNING FROM THE WRITINGS OF NICHIREN DAISHONIN: THE TEACHINGS FOR VICTORY, [27] 'A Father Takes Faith,' Unity and Human Revolution Are the Keys to Victory in Our Efforts for Kosen-rufu, from the April 2011 issue of the Daibyakurenge, translated June 6th, 2011.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts