What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Chanting Growers Group

Status
Not open for further replies.

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
"'Joy' means that oneself and others together experience joy."

(Ongi kuden - Gosho Zenshu, page 761, The Record of the Orally Transmitted Teachings, page 146) Selection source: Myoji no Gen, Jan 30th, 2012

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Let's pour all our energy and effort
into challenging and realising the goals that we have set for ourselves!
The Gosho encourages us that "Winter always turns to spring".*
Continual and unceasing effort is the very wellspring
that wil help us realise every single victory!

Daisaku Ikeda

*Gosho, Winter Always Turns to Spring - WND-1, page 536, "Those who believe in the Lotus Sutra are as if in winter, but winter always turns to spring."

easyDaimoku

Veteran
To my most beloved members of the SGI-USA Gajokai Academy! I sincerely congratulate all of you on holding your brilliant commencement ceremony. I express my utmost gratitude as you thoroughly and proudly protect our noble organization on the very frontlines of our movement. You are my heroic “jeweled swords” to refute erroneous teachings and reveal the truth with undaunted courage.

To my dear first class members! You have been exerting yourselves for kosen-rufu with all of your might, engaged in many dialogues and fighting in excellent spirits. All of you are majestic victors. Thank you so very much!

To my dear second-class members! The significant time has come for you to create your own magnificent, victorious history. I ask you to wholeheartedly do your best while seeking from your great seniors in faith.

The SGI has also entered an extremely crucial time. This year and next year will prove to be a mountain of challenges for all of you as youth and as the protagonists of the future of our youthful SGI. If you can overcome and win in all of these challenges, you will absolutely open the way to the great expansion of our movement into the eternal future. You are the most honorable pioneers in this challenge!

Nichiren Daishonin implores his disciple who was battling against strong enemies, “From now on too, no matter what may happen, you must not slacken in the least. You must raise your voice all the more and admonish [those who slander]” (The Writings of Nichiren Daishonin, vol. 2, p. 597). You must not retreat even a single step as you fight on the stage of your mission. You must bring forth the essential spirit of Nichiren’s disciples, which is to never be defeated. This is the exact spirit of the Gajokai!

I further ask you to resolutely win at work, in your communities, and in the battles of kosen-rufu with the shakubuku spirit, and display the unmatched life condition of my disciples for all to witness! Let us never forget that the protection of Buddhist gods will absolutely emerge for the courageous warriors who decisively fight to spread the Mystic Law.

You are my most precious, cherished disciples. You are the utmost treasures of all my treasures. I want you to spend every single day with no accidents and in excellent health. I am earnestly sending daimoku to you each and every day. I am wholeheartedly praying and waiting for each and every one of your victories.

Hurrah to my glorious academy members!
Hurrah to your victorious youthful days as members of the Gajokai!
Let us win with strength and joy no matter what!

In this year of 2012
I dedicate this message to my most beloved disciples.
Daisaku Ikeda
Sensei, thanks for this great message! This was just sent to us from Sensei for supporting the behind the scenes movements during all meetings and in our lives with our faith and action. I've chanting so much daimoku for the success of this Gajokai (and Soka-han) movement. It's critical that we continue to foster new capable youthful spirited people to support the causes related to kosen-rufu. A traveler for world peace like Sensei has really paved the way for young people and mature people like us to unite and practice our faith together in solidarity without barriers.How fortunate are we of Nichiren Daishonin's advent in this world?! The benefit we reap from our Bodhisattva practices in this lifetime will be immeasurable. :)

PTD, my brother 10 days of struggles out the wazoo, just dealt with some fucked up drama, but here I am. I finally had the courage to do an hour of daimoku. First time in a few days, few too many days! Your encouragement kept me going, thanks for making the time to post! I sincerely appreciate the effort because I come here everyday and just read and the good new posts are totally appreciated.

Babba, brother I'm chanting for you everyday and for momma and your kids and grandkids too. I got that morning gongyo down, even in the worst of the worst, but its that night gongyo that I need to hammer down. Man I send you a big hug brother. You've always been there for me and helped me come far and thats a reason why I don't despair, shoten zenjin is a real friend like you (and momma).

Desi, Bonz, Chris, and all yah chanting growers - let's keep at it. Waddo you say?! I say we just keep going - faith, practice and study. I gotta keep going. The tide is hopefully turning. Thanks for everything friends!:felt good to put out this post:

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
PTD, my brother 10 days of struggles out the wazoo, just dealt with some fucked up drama, but here I am. I finally had the courage to do an hour of daimoku. First time in a few days, few too many days! Your encouragement kept me going, thanks for making the time to post! I sincerely appreciate the effort because I come here everyday and just read and the good new posts are totally appreciated.

... I say we just keep going - faith, practice and study. I gotta keep going. The tide is hopefully turning. Thanks for everything friends!: felt good to put out this post:

Thanks! The victory is in keeping our movement going forward. The past is the past. The question is, what are we doing right now? Please know that you aren't going through anything that anyone who determines to have faith for their whole life doesn't go through!!!.

Just never give up and never give in and keep chanting no matter what. If you do that, it is impossible for you to lose. Keep going!!!

Bowing in humble obeisance,

T

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The power to break through the walls that obstruct us
lies in having courage and perseverance.
Let's make every single day a day of accomplishment,
where we can proudly declare:
"I have won!"

Daisaku Ikeda

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
"My mentor, second Soka Gakkai president, Josei Toda said: 'Everyone has problems or worries of some kind. We should turn problems into opportunities for chanting daimoku, the fundamental means by which anyone can move their lives in the direction of good and happiness. Chanting leads to victory.'"

SGI Newsletter No. 8432, The Joyful Springtime of the Ikeda Kayo-kai, from the February 2012 issue of Daibyakurenge, translated Jan. 20th, 2012.

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
"This word 'belief' is a sharp sword that cuts off fundamental darkness or ignorance."

(Ongi kuden - Gosho Zenshu, page 725, The Record of the Orally Transmitted Teachings, page 54) Selection source: Kyo no Hosshin, Feb 1st, 2012

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
"Thus one's thoughts are expressed in one's voice."* It is vital that we pray wholeheartedly for the sake of our friends' happiness! The voice of sincere concern that comes from the depths of our beings never fails to reverberate and move our friends' hearts.

Daisaku Ikeda

* Gosho, (Opening the Eyes of Wooden and Painted Images - WND-1, pg 86) "On the other, it is to voice what one truly has in mind. Thus one's thoughts are expressed in one's voice. The mind represents the spiritual aspect, and the voice, the physical aspect. The spiritual aspect manifests itself in the physical."

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
"All disciples and lay supporters of Nichiren should chant Nam-myoho-renge-kyo with the spirit of many in body but one in mind, transcending all differences among themselves to become as inseparable as fish and the water in which they swim. This spiritual bond is the basis for the universal transmission of the ultimate Law of life and death."

(The Heritage of the Ultimate Law of Life - The Writings of Nichiren Daishonin, Vol.1, page 217) Selection source: Kyo no Hosshin, Feb 2nd, 2012

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
"The first courageous step is what matters. The important thing is to start with what we can do right now in our immediate environment, challenging ourselves steadily, day after day. This is how we can bring forth the infinite power of the Buddha that no trial or adversity can stop or hold back. Through such continued efforts, we can build the foundation for lifelong happiness."

SGI Newsletter No. 8432, The Joyful Springtime of the Ikeda Kayo-kai, from the February 2012 issue of Daibyakurenge, translated Jan. 20th, 2012.

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
"As the French historian Jules Michelet (1798–1874) once wrote: 'History is a record of actions.'[1]

"The more you walk, the more you create a path. The more you talk, the more you plant seeds of hope. We mustn’t allow ourselves to be hindered by difficulties. Our tireless efforts will all become sparkling gems of good fortune. A good life is a shining accumulation of dedicated actions for the sake of others.

"Our sun has risen in the eastern sky and proclaimed the arrival of a new dawn. Let us begin to confidently take action. It is time to set forth dynamically towards a bright future."

SGI Newsletter No. 8441, The New Human Revolution––Vol. 25: Chap. 2, Shared Struggle 1, translated Jan. 31st, 2012

[1] Translated from French. Jules Michelet, Introduction à l’histoire universelle (An Introduction to World History) (Paris: Libraire Classique de L. Hachette, 1843), p. 80.

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
"At that time, those who stand in the vanguard will win benefit as great as though they had given offerings to the Buddhas of the three existences and the ten directions."

(Condolences on a Deceased Husband - The Writings of Nichiren Daishonin, Vol.2, page 775) Selection source: Kyo no Hosshin, Seikyo Shimbun, February 3rd, 2012

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
At home, work or wherever we might be, let's the words, "thank you," constantly ring out! Where there are people who have a heart of appreciation, joy and good fortune breeds and everyone's life shines with even more brilliance.

Daisaku Ikeda

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
"This life is like a dream. One cannot be sure that one will live until tomorrow. However wretched a beggar you might become, never disgrace the Lotus Sutra."

(A Warning against Begrudging One's Fief - The Writings of Nichiren Daishonin, Vol.1, page 824) Selection source: "Kyo no Hosshin", Seikyo Shimbun, May 30th, 2011

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
"Although I and my disciples may encounter various difficulties, if we do not harbour doubts in our hearts, we will as a matter of course attain Buddhahood. Do not have doubts simply because heaven does not lend you protection. Do not be discouraged because you do not enjoy an easy and secure existence in this life."

(The Opening of the Eyes - The Writings of Nichiren Daishonin, Vol.1, page 283) Selection source: "Kyo no Hosshin", May 25th, 2011

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
It's words of encouragement that unleash the inner strength and potential of both ourselves and others, ten thousand fold. Let us always try to encourage people with words that give them courage and conviction. Let's become leaders of great sincerity who always chant with and take action with our fellow members.

Daisaku Ikeda

easyDaimoku

Veteran
i am determined to make this new week the best yet for me in 2012. I'm going to begin focusing on my graduate school applications, I will do well at work, I will try to pay off as much of my bills as possible, and most important - I will chant abundant daimoku each day this week!

Today, I stand firm in my resolve to advance my faith and practice of Nichiren Daishonin's Buddhism. Everyone who's with me knows whats up... I'm becoming a good human everyday and will be a better human today than yesterday.

easyDaimoku

Veteran
Thank you so much T! Your words inspire me and remind me of my life long vow. Making friends like you and Babba has become a priceless treasure for me. Appreciating the Chanting Growers is something I do everday, not matter how rough shit gets. I keep appreciating and telling everyone to keep chanting no matter what happens!

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
... I keep appreciating and telling everyone to keep chanting no matter what happens!

If you are consistently doing that and chanting Daimoku every day, how can you fail? Have supreme confidence in that truth! But also know that it is ultimately up to you! Do what ya say, and then say what ya do! That's the life of a Bodhisattva of the Earth!

Bowing in humble obeisance!

Thomas :tiphat:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts