What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Chanting Growers Group

Status
Not open for further replies.

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
"Hence the character myo means to open. If there is a storehouse full of treasures but no key, then it cannot be opened, and if it cannot be opened, then the treasures inside cannot be seen."

(The Daimoku of the Lotus Sutra - The Writings of Nichiren Daishonin, Vol.1, page 145) Selection source: Teachings of Buddhism, Jan 26th, 2012

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Let's wholeheartedly encourage and support our dear friends
who are in the midst of job hunting.
What ultimately decides victory or defeat
is the courage to never give up
and the drive to constantly keep at it!

Daisaku Ikeda

AfroSheep

I am who I am coz I is who I is.
Hey doobie, that last one their rings a bell for me,

Currently searching for another job(again)!!!
On part time hours now which sucks, and planning on hopefully getting trained in my bus license then getting into truck driving.

Nam-myoho-renge-kyo!

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hey doobie, that last one their rings a bell for me,

Currently searching for another job(again)!!! ,,,

Nam-myoho-renge-kyo!

You certainly are not the only one!!! Let's all support one another and chant that those that want work find it! Remember each other when you chant! To chant for another person to overcome their problems is the same as chanting to resolve your own!

Much love and deepest respect,

Thomas :thank you:

Babbabud

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Over a year ago I spent a couple days in San Francisco. While there we went to the Soka Gakkai Community Center. While we were there we were given these visiting packs. Inside was a couple different items. Pen , a sticker , a few little trinkets that are fun to have. Also in that package was one of these wrist bands that a lot of people wear these days. It is in the Soka Gakkai colors and says "for the sake of peace" then the sgi website. Has anyone else seen these bracelets in your area ? Ive asked if there are others when we have been there recently but no one else seems to remember them. I still have one on and havent removed it since i got it .. would love to have another.

Nam myoho renge kyo
Nam myoho renge kyo
Nam myoho renge kyo

Payaso

Original Editor of ICMagazine
Veteran
Let's wholeheartedly encourage and support our dear friends
who are in the midst of job hunting.
What ultimately decides victory or defeat
is the courage to never give up
and the drive to constantly keep at it!

Daisaku Ikeda
I am chanting for everyone who needs a job, a purpose in life, and / or some direction. Now if I could just remember to call everyone on the phone and do the same...that would mean my memory is improving.

Nam Myoho Renge Kyo!

Thanks to you Thomas, and everyone else that reads this thread for participating in this incredible experience.

Nam Myoho Renge Kyo!

I am SO grateful for all the friends I have here on this site that give me daily encouragement and support to do better work every day. I really mean that!

Nam Myoho Renge Kyo!

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The only limitations that exist in our lives are the ones we ourselves create! When we determine to change our way of thinking, then there is absolutely no obstacle that we canot overcome. Today again, let's take one courageous step forwards (and break those seemingly impossible limits we have set!)

Daisaku Ikeda

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
"Work and employment serve as a form of proof that one is necessary to society. Even if it does not bring particular recognition or fame, work can be a source of fulfillment and pride, realised through the steady pursuit of the role that is ours and ours alone to play. For people who have lost their homes and possessions in a disaster and are dealing with the strains of life as evacuees, the loss of work not only represents a severing of the economic lifeline but can further undermine the spiritual grounding necessary to move forwards.

"For this reason I believe that we all share the responsibility to support people in rebuilding their lives, enabling them to regain a sense of hope, and in particular, for those who have been compelled to change their place of residence or work, to rediscover places where they can feel a sense of belonging."

SGI Newsletter No. 8440, SGI President Ikeda’s Peace Proposal 2012, Human Security and Sustainability: Sharing Reverence for the Dignity of Life, translated Jan. 27th, 2012

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
"The good fortune and benefit that accompany a life dedicated to kosen-rufu are boundless and immeasurable. Nichiren Daishonin writes: 'Be firmly convinced that [your benefit] will extend to your parents, your grandparents, nay, even to countless living beings' (WND-1, 533). As long as you remain steadfast in faith, you can shine as a bright sun of hope, illuminating all around you."

SGI Newsletter No. 8439, Brief Words of Encouragement from SGI President Ikeda, from the Jan. 23rd, 2012, issue of Seikyo Shimbun, translated Jan. 26th, 2012

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
"How could giving up a body that will decay uselessly for the sake of the Lotus Sutra not be exchanging rocks for gold? None of you should lament for me."

(Banishment to Sado - The Writings of Nichiren Daishonin, Vol.1, page 202) Selection source: Kyo no Hosshin, Seikyo Shimbun, Jan 28th, 2012

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
"Kosen-rufu is not like a 10,000 metre race, with a goal at the end, and the race will be over when one reaches the goal. It’s like the flow of the race itself."

SGI Newsletter No. 8436, The New Human Revolution––Vol. 25: Chap. 1, Light of Happiness 57, translated Jan. 24th, 2012

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
"And yet, though one might point at the earth and miss it, though one might bind up the sky, though the tides might cease to ebb and flow and the sun rise in the west, it could never come about that the prayers of the practitioner of the Lotus Sutra would go unanswered."

(On Prayer - The Writings of Nichiren Daishonin, page 345) Selection source: Teachings of Buddhism, Jan 25th, 2012

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
"There is definitely something extraordinary in the ebb and flow of the tide, the rising and setting of the moon, and the way in which summer, autumn, winter, and spring give way to each other. Something uncommon also occurs when an ordinary person attains Buddhahood. At such a time, the three obstacles and four devils will invariably appear, and the wise will rejoice while the foolish will retreat."

(The Three Obstacles and Four Devils - The Writings of Nichiren Daishonin, page 637) Selection source: Teachings of Buddhism, Jan 18th, 2012

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
"Hardships enable us to grow. The imperfections and impurities of our lives are purified through faith. Buddhism teaches that 'earthly desires lead to enlightenment.'"

SGI Newsletter No. 8427, from SGI President Ikeda’s speech at the 4th Soka Gakkai Headquarters Leaders Meeting in Tokyo, on Feb. 8th, 2007, which was shown during the 55th Soka Gakkai Headquarters Leaders Meeting in Tokyo, on Jan. 7th, 2012. The excerpted text appeared in the Jan. 17th, 2012, issue of the Seikyo Shimbun, the Soka Gakkai daily newspaper. Translated Jan. 17th, 2012.

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
To all of our precious youth,
do your utmost to shine in society.
Make every effort to contribute to your local communities.
And for the sake of the happiness of all your friends,
exert yourselves in sending out a voice of hope.

Daisaku Ikeda

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
"The Chinese characters for 'adult' can also be read as 'great person,' meaning an individual of outstanding virtue and integrity.

"As an old Chinese saying goes, 'The great man is selfless.' The kind of leaders who win people’s respect and admiration are those who give their all not to the pursuit of their own selfish gain and profit, but to contributing to the welfare of others and society."

SGI Newsletter No. 8437, To My Young Friends—Leaders of a New Age, Becoming an Adult—Part 3 [of 3], from the Jan. 11th, 2012, issue of the Seikyo Shimbun, translated Jan. 25th, 2012

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
"What sickness can therefore be an obstacle?"

(Reply to Kyo’o - The Writings of Nichiren Daishonin, Vol.1, page 412) Selection source: SGI President Ikeda's guidance, Seikyo Shimbun, Jan 29th, 2012

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The most important things needed for the expansion of kosen-rufu are to chant daimoku with strong determination, to have perfect unity with each other based on the spirit of "many in body but one in mind" and to take courageous action with a firm resolve. Let's all stand up and take action now, and be victorious!

Daisaku Ikeda

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
"Great events never have minor omens. When great evil occurs, great good follows."

(Great Evil and Great Good - The Writings of Nichiren Daishoni, Vol. 1, page1119) Selection source: Kyo no Hosshin, Seikyo Shimbun, January 30th, 2012

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
"...there’s no need to be anxious and question one’s self-worth, making negative comparisons with others. Of course, there are also bound to be times when things don’t work out as one had hoped, or when one’s self-confidence falters.... the Mystic Law, which has the power to 'change poison into medicine,' can transform any suffering into joy."

SGI Newsletter No. 8432, The Joyful Springtime of the Ikeda Kayo-kai, from the February 2012 issue of Daibyakurenge, translated Jan. 20th, 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.