What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Chanting Growers Group

Status
Not open for further replies.

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
"Your family’s most precious treasure is your warm smile. It gives courage to your family members. It imparts hope to them. None of us can know what suffering life has in store for us. Those who can smile through their troubles are truly strong."

SGI Newsletter No. 8431, The New Human Revolution––Vol. 25: Chap. 1, Light of Happiness 53, translated Jan. 19th, 2012.

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
"Suffer what there is to suffer, enjoy what there is to enjoy. Regard both suffering and joy as facts of life, and continue chanting Nam-myoho-renge-kyo. no matter what happens."

(Happiness in This World - The Writings of Nichiren Daishonin, Vol. 1, page 681) Selection source: Kyo no Hosshin, Jan 20th, 2012

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
"But your faith alone will determine all these things. A sword is useless in the hands of a coward. The mighty sword of the Lotus Sutra must be wielded by one courageous in faith. Then one will be as strong as a demon armed with an iron staff."

(Reply to Kyo’o - The Writings of Nichiren Daishonin, Vol. 1, page 412) Selection source: Kyo no Hosshin, Jan 21st, 2012

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The strength to overcome life's sufferings lies within ourselves. Chanting daimoku with unshakable conviction is what enables our own Buddhahood to be revealed. My dear friends, live true to yourselves!

Daisaku Ikeda

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
"To look on birth and death with repulsion and try to escape from them is termed delusion, or a viewpoint of acquired enlightenment. Seeing and understanding the originally inherent nature of birth and death is termed awakening, or original enlightenment."

(Ongu kuden - Gosho Zenshu, page 754, The Record of the Orally Transmitted Teachings, page 127) Selection source: Buddhist study, Seikyo Shimbun, Jan 22nd, 2012

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
"This is your moment of truth. It’s the time to demonstrate the true value of your faith. Make daimoku your top priority, turn this challenge into a springboard towards the future, and win without fail. This is the kind of faith that can change poison into medicine. Practitioners who uphold the Gohonzon have a profound mission and are certain to succeed."

SGI Newsletter No. 8428, The New Human Revolution––Vol. 25: Chap. 1, Light of Happiness 49, translated Jan. 18th, 2012

Payaso

Original Editor of ICMagazine
Veteran
"Suffer what there is to suffer, enjoy what there is to enjoy. Regard both suffering and joy as facts of life, and continue chanting Nam-myoho-renge-kyo. no matter what happens."
Thank you for this wisdom Thomas! And a very Happy New Year to you as well, I hope you celebrated happily!

Nam Myoho Renge Kyo!

Last edited:

Bonzo

Veteran
good morning my friends :) its 40 degrees here and im off to do community service, Boo Hoo! :) 3 mile bike ride, and we have to wait for an hour to get to work, Boo Hoo! :) i really do not want to go but in some wierd way im gratefull i have 2 legs to peddle and 2 eyes to see my way and that my trusty beach criuser has air in the tires, WOO HOO!! :) half empty or half full? the choice is ours :)

:) have a magicall day my friends! :)

:) nam myoho renge kyo :)

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
good morning my friends :) its 40 degrees here and im off to do community service, Boo Hoo! :) 3 mile bike ride, and we have to wait for an hour to get to work, Boo Hoo! :) i really do not want to go but in some wierd way im gratefull i have 2 legs to peddle and 2 eyes to see my way and that my trusty beach criuser has air in the tires, WOO HOO!! :) half empty or half full? the choice is ours :)

:) have a magicall day my friends! :)

:) nam myoho renge kyo :)

That my friends, is a Buddha talking! :tiphat:

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
"In The Record of the Orally Transmitted Teachings, the Daishonin is recorded as saying: ‘And now the place where Nichiren and his followers chant Nam-myoho-renge-kyo, 'whether . . . in mountain valleys or the wide wilderness' [LSOC21, 316], these places are all the Land of Eternally Tranquil Light. This is what is meant by 'the place of practise [for the attainment of Buddhahood]' (OTT, 192).

"Since that’s the case, we need to work for kosen-rufu wherever we are, expand a network of trust and friendship, and demonstrate actual proof of happiness and victory. Wherever our life takes us, we should think of ourselves as having been sent there by the Buddha to carry out kosen-rufu."

SGI Newsletter No. 8428, The New Human Revolution––Vol. 25: Chap. 1, Light of Happiness 49, translated Jan. 18th, 2012

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
"When great evil occurs, great good follows."

(Great Evil and Great Good - The Writings of Nichiren Daishonin, Vol.1, page) Selection source: Teachings of Buddhism, Jan 24th, 2012

Babbabud

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Good day friends :) Much love and respect from the Babba clan

Nam myoho renge kyo
Nam myooh renge kyo
Nam myoho renge kyo

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The Daishonin state,
"Without practice and study, there can be no Buddhism."*
It is in the midst of taking action that we truly grow and develop.
It is through working together to achieve our mutual goals
that capable individuals are raised.
Let's all strive together to sow the "seeds of peace" far and wide!

Daisaku Ikeda

*"The True Aspect of All Phenomena" - WND-I, page 386

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
"When the bodhisattva Never Disparaging makes his bow of obeisance to the four kinds of believers, the Buddha nature inherent in the four kinds of believers of overbearing arrogance is bowing in obeisance to the bodhisattva Never Disparaging. It is like the situation when one faces a mirror and makes a bow of obeisance: the image in the mirror likewise makes a bow of obeisance to oneself."

(Ongi kuden - Gosho Zenshu, page 769, The Record of the Orally Transmitted Teachings, page 165) Selection source: Kyo no Hosshin, Seikyo Shimbun, January 23rd, 2012

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
"'With the appearance of this teaching [the great Law of Nam-myoho-renge-kyo], all the teachings advocated by the scholars and teachers of Buddhism during the Former and Middle Days of the Law will be like stars after sunrise, or an awkward apprentice beside a skilled craftsman. It is stated that, once this teaching is revealed in this era [of the Latter Day of the Law], the Buddha images as well as the priests of the temples built in the Former and Middle Days will all lose their power to benefit people, and only this great teaching will spread throughout the entire land of Jambudvipa [the entire world]. Since all of you have a bond with this teaching, you should feel reassured.' - From “Letter to Misawa” (WND-1, 896).

"Nichiren Daishonin’s Buddhism is the Buddhism of the sun that will illuminate the entire world into the eternal future. It is a teaching of limitless hope that enables us to surmount the challenges of any time or age.

"We were born with a profound mission and a deep karmic connection to this great Buddhism. Let’s walk the path of victory with confidence and joy, together with our fellow members around the world, holding high the banner of the Mystic Law."

SGI Newsletter No. 8438, Living the Gosho: Words of Encouragement from SGI President Ikeda, (65) The Buddhism of the Sun Shines over All Humanity, from the Jan. 19th, 2012, issue of the Seikyo Shimbun, the Soka Gakkai daily newspaper, translated Jan. 25th, 2012.

Status
Not open for further replies.