Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"In light of this, it is clear that those who now believe in the Lotus Sutra will gather fortune from ten thousand miles away."

(New Year's Gosho - The Writings of Nichiren Daishonin, Vol.1, page 1137) Selection source: Discussion: "Towards a meaningful new year", Page 4, Seikyo Shimbun, Dec. 28th, 2009
    Nam-myoho-renge-kyo!

Comment

"This is indeed wondrous. This is precisely what is meant by the statement that unseen virtue brings about visible reward."

(The Farther the Source, the Longer the Stream - The Writings of Nichiren Daishonin, Vol.1, page 940) Selection source: Editorial, Seikyo Shimbun, December 28th, 2009
      Nam-myoho-renge-kyo!

Comment

"As the Brazilian poet Francisco Otaviano (1825-89) once noted: 'A man who spends his life without exertion. This is not a true man. It's the hollow image of a man. He has passed through life, but he hasn't lived it.'...

"Having a dream provides a sense of hope."

SGI Newsletter No. 7904, The New Human Revolution--Vol. 23: Chap. 1, The Future 12, translated Dec. 28th, 2009
        Nam-myoho-renge-kyo!

Comment

The following was the theme of my day (or the last 24 hours) as we foisted off yet another attack by the evil forces that be on this planet...successfully diverted thru much chanting.

Originally posted by PassTheDoobie View Post
          "Trials and tribulations are an inescapable part of life. What matters is how we deal with the challenges we encounter. It is our struggles to overcome them that become our greatest treasures in life and make us shine as people."

SGI Newsletter No. 7904, The New Human Revolution--Vol. 23: Chap. 1, The Future 12, translated Dec. 28th, 2009
          Thank you Thomas for posting these words of wisdom for me, and everyone else!

I would like to thank you for your friendship this last year (and forever) and all your teachings, insights and free offers of kindness...truly inspiring and much appreciated!

As I put this last seemingly arbitrary timeframe behind me called 2009 I am also puting the 'Naughties and all the bad vibes, trials (corporal, judicial and psychic), tribulations, heartache, broken promises, wars, poverty and more aside ~ and concentrate on building a beautiful future for all.

Last edited by Payaso; 01-01-2010, 05:26. Reason: spelllllling

Comment

Happy New Years to you All !!
            Was forturnate enough to get to spend some time with Easy and his Wife for New Years !!
            Had a great timel. Were also lucky enough to see the best Further show of the year !! Hope you all had a great time and Welcome to 2010 !!!
            Nam myoho renge kyo !!
            (Medical Patient In Compliance)

Nam myoho renge kyo !! Mugi wasshin
            your bud
            babba

Peace/ Be here now

Babba's Farm L.L.C.

The political views, or conspiracy theories, of icmag ownership, do not reflect my own views and are sole property of the participants

Comment

Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

Comment

Wow Asita! What an eye-opener. Now I finally get it. For anyone coming in through google, this is probably a must read:

http://web.archive.org/web/200503061...eshu/index.htm

Thank you for leading me to the reaffirmation of what I believe in!
                Nam-myoho-renge-kyo!

Comment

"No matter how sincerely one believes in the Lotus Sutra, if one is guilty of failing to rebuke slander of the Law, one will surely fall into hell, just as a single crab leg will ruin a thousand pots of lacquer. This is the meaning of the passage in the sutra, 'Because the poison has penetrated deeply and their minds no longer function as before.'"

(The Essentials for Attaining Buddhahood - The Writings of Nichiren Daishonin, Vol.1, page 747) Selection source: "Kyo no Hosshin", Seikyo Shimbun, January 1st, 2010
                  Nam-myoho-renge-kyo!

Comment

*"Strengthen your faith day by day and month after month. Should you slacken in your resolve even a bit, devils will take advantage." - "On Persecutions Befalling the Sage", WND-I, page 997
                    Nam-myoho-renge-kyo!

Comment

"The host, smiling, restrained his guest and said: Insects that live on smartweed forget how bitter it tastes; those who stay long in privies forget how foul the smell is. Here you listen to my good words and think them wicked, point to a slanderer of the Law and call him a sage, mistrust a correct teacher and take him for an evil priest. Your confusion is great indeed, and your offence anything but light. Listen to my explanation of how this confusion arose, and let us discuss the matter in detail."

(On Establishing the Correct Teaching for the Peace of the Land - The Writings of Nichiren Daishonin, Vol.1, page 16) Selection source: Learning from "On Establishing the Correct Teaching for the Peace of the Land", Seikyo Shimbun, June 5th, 2009
                      Nam-myoho-renge-kyo!

Comment

"The concept of 'not begrudging one's life' appears in the 'Encouraging Devotion' (13th) chapter of the Lotus Sutra, when the bodhisattvas make a vow to selflessly spread the Mystic Law after the Buddha's passing (cf. LS13, 191). In 'The Selection of the Time,' the Daishonin elucidates the path of shared commitment of mentor and disciple, the path of refuting the erroneous and revealing the true, the path of attaining enlightenment in this lifetime--at the heart of which lies the path of 'not begrudging one's life.' If we give our all unstintingly to our Buddhist practice, proof of victory will be forthcoming--this is the unshakable conviction with which the Daishonin urges his disciples to 'try practising' (WND-1, 583)."

SGI Newsletter No. 7787, THE WRITINGS OF NICHIREN DAISHONIN AND THE MENTOR-DISCIPLE RELATIONSHIP, [7] The Meaning of "Practicing without Begrudging One's Life" Today, from the Feb. 19th, 2009, issue of the Seikyo Shimbun, translated June 3rd, 2009
                        Nam-myoho-renge-kyo!

Comment

Sometimes when we're malcontents, we begrudge ourselves

For what we don't have instead of looking at what we do have and can ultimately achieve if we believe- I promise I will not begrudge my life nowhere have I seen such a nice tree for next x-mas! I missed all of this.

I'm going to look at all the blessing I have worked for and achieved - oh well for now with what I don't have.

It will give me something to chant towards-
                          Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

In Search of Earth's finest nuggets.

Comment

Nam myoho renge kyo !!
                            (Medical Patient In Compliance)

Nam myoho renge kyo !! Mugi wasshin
                            your bud
                            babba

Peace/ Be here now

Babba's Farm L.L.C.

The political views, or conspiracy theories, of icmag ownership, do not reflect my own views and are sole property of the participants

Comment

"Nichiren is like the plant, and my teacher, the earth."

(Flowering and Bearing Grain - The Writings of Nichiren Daishonin, Vol.1, page 909) Selection source: SGI President Ikeda's new essay series, Seikyo Shimbun, Jan. 1st, 2010
                              Nam-myoho-renge-kyo!

Comment

"A mind now clouded by the illusions of the innate darkness of life is like a tarnished mirror, but when polished, it is sure to become like a clear mirror, reflecting the essential nature of phenomena and the true aspect of reality. Arouse deep faith, and diligently polish your mirror day and night. How should you polish it? Only by chanting Nam-myoho-renge-kyo."

(On Attaining Buddhahood in This Lifetime - The Writings of Nichiren Daishonin, Vol.1, page 4) Selection source: Soka Gakkai member's experience, Seikyo Shimbun, June, 2009 14th
                                Nam-myoho-renge-kyo!

Comment

Working...
                                X