• Show
Clear All

OH yeah one more thing....

Friday, March 21st, 2008
    --- DAILY GOSHO ---
    "What does Bodhisattva Never Disparaging's profound respect for people
    signify? The purpose of the appearance in this world of Shakyamuni Buddha,
    the lord of teachings, lies in his behaviour as a human being."

(The Three Kinds of Treasure - The Writings of Nichiren Daishonin, Volume 1,
    page 852) Selection source: "Kyo no Hosshin", Seikyo Shimbun, March 21st,

Saturday, March 22nd, 2008
    ---- DAILY ENCOURAGEMENT ----
    "As Nichiren Daishonin points out: 'If one in body but different in mind,
    they can achieve nothing remarkable' (WND-1, 618). Without unity, the path
    to achieving kosen-rufu would be closed off. If that were to happen, the
    biggest problem would be that the path to everyone's happiness would also
    become blocked. This must be avoided at all costs.

"The Daishonin also declares: 'Although Nichiren and his followers are few,
    because they are different in body, but united in mind, they will definitely
    accomplish their great mission of widely propagating the Lotus Sutra'
    (WND-1, 618). Even under adverse circumstances, so long as everyone is
    united based on faith, they will be able to open the way and advance
    kosen-rufu. Unity is power."

SGI Newsletter No. 7504, The New Human Revolution-- Vol. 21: Chap. 1, SGI
    49, translated March 17th, 2008

Happy Spring! G

Comment

Giving thanks to Tony Matsuoka, Ted Osaki, PasstheDoobie and Babbabud

From the Writings of Nichiren Daishonin
      Saturday, March 22, 2008

If a tree is deeply rooted, its branches and leaves will never wither. If the spring is inexhaustible, the stream will never run dry. Without wood, a fire will burn out. Without earth, plants will not grow. I, Nichiren, am indebted solely to my late teacher, Dozen-bo, for my having become the votary of the Lotus Sutra and my being widely talked about now, in both a good and bad sense. Nichiren is like the plant, and my teacher, the earth.

(The Writings of Nichiren Daishonin, "Flowering and Bearing Grain" (118) page 909)

This Gosho further reads:

The Bodhisattvas of the Earth have four leaders. The sutra says, "The first was called Superior Practices... and the fourth was called Bodhisattva Firmly Established practices." If Bodhisattva Superior Practices appears in the Latter Day of the Law, so must Bodhisattva Firmly Established Practices.

I have not heard from either of you since that time. But I was very pleased to learn that you had read at Kasagamori the two documents I wrote in the Kenji era in memory of the late Sage Dozen-bo.
      If a tree is deeply rooted, its branches and leaves will never wither. If the spring is inexhaustible, the stream will never run dry. Without wood, a fire will burn out. Without earth, plants will not grow. I, Nichiren, am indebted solely to my late teacher, Dozen-bo, for my having become the votary of the Lotus Sutra and my being widely talked about now, in both a good and bad sense. Nichiren is like the plant, and my teacher, the earth.
      The Bodhisattvas of the Earth have four leaders. The sutra says, “The first was called Superior Practices . . . and the fourth was called Bodhisattva Firmly Established Practices.” If Bodhisattva Superior Practices appears in the Latter Day of the Law, so must Bodhisattva Firmly Established Practices.
      The rice plant flowers and bears grain, but its spirit remains in the soil. This is the reason the stalk sprouts to flower and bear grain once again. The blessings that Nichiren obtains from propagating the Lotus Sutra will always
      return to Dozen-bo. How sublime! It is said that, if a teacher has a good disciple, both will gain the fruit of Buddhahood, but if a teacher fosters a bad disciple, both will fall into hell.
      If teacher and disciple are of different minds, they will never accomplish anything. I will elaborate on this point later.
      You should always talk with each other to free yourselves from the sufferings of birth and death and attain the pure land of Eagle Peak, where you will nod to each other and speak in one mind.
      The sutra reads, “Before the multitude they seem possessed of the three poisons or manifest the signs of distorted views. My disciples in this manner use expedient means to save living beings.”
      Understand these matters in the light of what I have stated thus far.

Respectfully,
      Nichiren

The fourth month in the first year of Koan (1278), cyclical sign tsuchinoe-tora
      To Joken-bo and Gijo-bo

(The Writings of Nichiren Daishonin, "Flowering and Bearing Grain" (118) page 909)
      Last edited by EasyMyohoDisco; 03-21-2008, 20:11.

Comment

Daily Encouragement by Daisaku Ikeda
        Saturday, March 22, 2008

I call to each of you: Strive for prosperity! Strive for development! Strive for victory! Life is about striving all out to achieve our aims; it is about hard work and effort. Regardless of how smart you may be, intelligence alone cannot guarantee your future.

Buddhism Day by Day, Wisdom for Modern Life by Daisaku Ikeda

Life is full of unexpected suffering. Even so, as Eleanor Roosevelt said: “If you can live through that [a difficult situation] you can live through anything. You gain strength, courage and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You are able to say to yourself, ‘I lived through this horror. I can take the next thing that comes along.’” That’s exactly right. Struggling against great difficulty enables us to develop ourselves tremendously. We can call forth and manifest those abilities lying dormant within us. Difficulty can be a source of dynamic growth and positive progress.

WWW.SGI-USA.ORG

Springtime is upon us, sow your seeds, clean house and get moving!

Comment

Sunday, March 23, 2008

If only you chant Nam-myoho-renge-kyo, then what offense could fail to be eradicated? What blessing could fail to come? This is the truth, and it is of great profundity. You should believe and accept it.

The Writings of Nichiren Daishonin
          , page 130
          Conversation between a Sage and an Unenlightened Man
          Recipient unknown; written in 1265

Comment

Great day for chanting!

Lets make this the best week yet! Who's with me!

Like the roar of the Lion, Nam-myoho-renge-kyo!

Comment

Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

SPIRIT OF THE BODHISATTVAS OF THE EARTH

Selection Source: "Upsetting Attachments and Arousing Doubts":
              Inducing a Revolutionary Leap in Consciousness, The Wisdom of the
              Lotus Sutra, Vol. 3, Pg. 215

Ikeda: Nam-myoho-renge- kyo is the wellspring of the universe and the
              fundamental power of life. It is the ultimate expression of wisdom
              and the foundation of all laws and principles. The Bodhisattvas of
              the Earth embody that fundamental energy. Moreover, they are
              committed to the bodhisattva ideal.
              (Medical Patient In Compliance)

Nam myoho renge kyo !! Mugi wasshin
              your bud
              babba

Peace/ Be here now

Babba's Farm L.L.C.

The political views, or conspiracy theories, of icmag ownership, do not reflect my own views and are sole property of the participants

Comment

Tuesday, March 25, 2008

A wife who leads her husband to take faith will enjoy the same benefit as Lady Pure Virtue. All the more fortunate is a case like yours, in which both wife and husband have faith! It is like a bird possessing two wings, or a cart having two wheels. What is there that you two cannot achieve? Because there is a heaven and an earth, a sun and a moon, the sun shines and the rain falls, and the plants and trees of benefit will surely blossom and bear fruit.

The Writings of Nichiren Daishonin, page 915
                An Outline of the "Entrustment" and Other Chapters
                Written to Nichinyo on June 25, 1278

Comment

DIFFERENCE OF DAIMOKU

Selection Source: From SGI President Ikeda, World Tribune, 02/27/98,
                  pg. 11

The first thing is to pray. From the moment we begin to pray,
                  things start moving. The darker the night, the closer the dawn.
                  From the moment we chant daimoku with a deep and powerful resolve,
                  the sun begins to rise in our heart. Hope — prayer is the sun of
                  hope. To chant daimoku each time we face a problem, overcoming it
                  and elevating our life-condition as a result — this is the path
                  of "changing earthly desires into enlightenment" taught in Nichiren
                  Daishonin's Buddhism. (July 5, 1996, World Tribune, P. 17)

your bud
                  babba

Peace/ Be here now

Babba's Farm L.L.C.

The political views, or conspiracy theories, of icmag ownership, do not reflect my own views and are sole property of the participants

Comment

When you purify your lives with daimoku, you will definitely develop
                    an utterly indestructible state of absolute happiness that abounds
                    with great fortune. In such a state of life, everything will become
                    a source of joy. You will feel a deep sense of fulfillment even if
                    you have neither worldly fame nor wealth. Each moment will be
                    totally satisfying. Your heart will be filled with joy and all
                    things will appear beautiful to your eyes. You can instantly
                    discern the truth, distinguish between good and evil. You will
                    think about the welfare of others in any circumstances. This is the
                    state of mind you can develop through faith. (April 1993 Seikyo
                    Times, P. 40)

Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

your bud
                    babba

Peace/ Be here now

Babba's Farm L.L.C.

Comment

Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

Selection Source: SGI Newsletter No. 7473, LEARNING FROM THE GOSHO:
                      THE HOPE-FILLED WRITINGS F NICHIREN DAISHONIN, [4] Follow the Path
                      of Your Mission, Just As You Are: Actualizing the Principles of the
                      Lotus Sutra, from the December 2007 issue of the Daibyakurenge, the
                      Soka Gakkai study journal

Attaining Buddhahood in one's present form is not about acquiring
                      some kind of special, superhuman qualities, but rather it means
                      achieving as ordinary human beings an eternal and boundless state of
                      life characterised by the virtues of eternity, happiness, true self,
                      and purity.

"The benefits and blessings of the Mystic Law are immeasurable. All
                      life--no matter in which of the Ten Worlds it may reside--is
                      originally an entity of the Mystic Law. Therefore, even if at
                      present we are in a state of Hell, by changing our mind-set or focus
                      at that moment, we can immediately manifest our pure and highest
                      state of life as entities of the Mystic Law. This is what it means
                      to attain Buddhahood in one's present form."

Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

your bud
                      babba

Peace/ Be here now

Babba's Farm L.L.C.

Comment

Thanks for all your chants!! it worked, we are ok and all is good
                        you guys know how to kick ass!! hehe way to go, thanks again everyone!
                        Nam Myoho Renge Kyo!!!
                        sigpic

Be Good Humans.....

"If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to go where they are." --Will Rogers

Comment

Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

This is from "Buddhist Learning for April. Lectures on the Heritage of the Ultimate Law of Life.
                          SGI President Ikeda's Study Lecture Series. (12). Earthly Desires Are Enlightenment and The Sufferings of Birth and Death are Nirvana. Transforming Illusion and Suffering Into Confidence, Joy, and Hope." In Living Buddhism, March/April 2008, page 65.

The beneficial power of the Mystic Law is immeasurable. If we continue to practice correctly just as Nichiren Daishonin teaches, we can achieve the supreme state of attaining Buddhahood in this present, irreplaceable lifetime. In the final passage of "The Heritage of the Ultimate Law of Life," Nichiren clarifies the key to correct faith for inheriting the Law and calls on us to lead truly unsurpassed lives.

Nam myoho renge kyo

your bud
                          babba

Peace/ Be here now

Babba's Farm L.L.C.

Comment

hi everyone,

i'm over the bad flu/bronchitis, whatever it was that slowed me down. Been having a hard time coping with not going to school everynight, my body wants to keep going and finish and I'm supposed to take this week off for spring break and it sux.

I might be emotionally feeling wacky but I'm chanting and doing shakubuku. I guess that makes it easier to deal with these weird feelings. I'm such a hyper dude I need to get some more stability (internally) from chanting everyday. Rome wasn't built in a day and I have yet to even complete 1% of my human revolution but I continue to respond to Nichiren and go forward. Sometimes I have no idea what the fuck it is that I want in life and other times I want it all and some, I guess something good is on the way? lol, thanks for listening.

Hope everyone is hanging tough and fighting the best they can to force the outcomes they're looking for.

Take care,
                            MyohoDisco

Thursday, March 27, 2008

You also are a practitioner of the Lotus Sutra, and your faith is like the waxing moon or the rising tide. Be deeply convinced, then, that your illness cannot possibly persist, and that your life cannot fail to be extended! Take care of yourself, and do not burden your mind with grief.

The Writings of Nichiren Daishonin, page 656
                            The Bow and Arrow
                            Written to the lay nun Toki on March 27, 1276

Comment

goddamn it, did someone die? I have been feeling terrible all day, depression hit me like a rude awakening! WTF, everything was going well and all of a sudden I'm feeling like I'm falling apart, and feeling defeated. What the hell is going on?

Only difference has been I've been smoking pot but honestly today I wake up and start feeling shit I was feel around this time two years ago. Yesterday was my second buddha birthday and today I've been miserable. I felt so bad I just kept my head down all day, everyone noticed which made it worse but I survived to talk about it a little bit I guess. what am I missing, what a flipping day!!!

Daily Encouragement by Daisaku Ikeda
                              Thursday, March 27, 2008

While controlling your mind, which is at once both extremely subtle and solemnly profound, you should strive to elevate your faith with freshness and vigor. When you do so, both your life and your surroundings will open wide before you and every action you take will become a source of benefit. Understanding the subtle workings of one's mind is the key to faith and attaining Buddhahood in this lifetime.

Wisdom for Modern Life by Daisaku Ikeda
                              Thursday, March 27, 2008

By changing our inner state of mind, we can change any suffering or hardship into a source of joy, regarding it as a means for forging and developing our lives. To turn even sorrow into a source of creativity— this is the way of life of a Buddhist.

The Writings of Nichiren Daishonin
                              Thursday, March 27, 2008

You also are a practitioner of the Lotus Sutra, and your faith is like the waxing moon or the rising tide. Be deeply convinced, then, that your illness cannot possibly persist, and that your life cannot fail to be extended! Take care of yourself, and do not burden your mind with grief.

The Writings of Nichiren Daishonin, page 656
                              The Bow and Arrow
                              Written to the lay nun Toki on March 27, 1276

Comment

PEACE EVERY ONE

Comment

Working...
                                X