What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Chanting Growers Group

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

MrsEvlme2

Namaste.
New to this forum and topic. I know probably as much as most westerns do about Buddhism. From what I understand of it --it holds more truth for me than Catholicism(which I was raised to believe). There is a lot I don't know. I was wondering,(don't know if this came up before, didn't read the entire thread as it goes back to 2004), is Jesus ever mentioned in Buddhism history? Not that you follow him, but is he mentioned? I know that he and Mary are mentioned in the Koran, but not to be worshiped.
Just wondering. I'd love to learn more. I'll be checking back here regularly. I don't know how spiritual I am, but I'm definitely into philosophy, mythology and all religions.
I have been feeling like I'm in the dark about something. I even dreamt about being in a dark bedroom/apt and as I tried to talk to the people around me (whom I dodn't know), no one could hear me. Then I watched my husband drive away while i'm yelling at him from the window "please don't leave, wait for me." I'm also into dream interp.
I'm searching for the light.

E

EasyMyohoDisco

It has been difficult to chant everyday without going to meetings more than twice a month. I'm not sure how some loners do it without a group supporting you and pushing you because when the negativity thickens the amount of daimoku I chant decreases. I've been slacking with my Gongyo and just feel out of wack lately. ALOT of stress and alot of yelling has been making me older and more prone to negativity.

I've really advanced alot with my Buddhist practice, in fact, I've advanced more since I started chanting than at any other point. I owe everything to my Gohonzon and will do my best to treat myself better going forward.

With that said, a big welcome to the new posters and I hope yall read and write more often in this thread. Sure has helped turn my life towards a brighter and more fruitful direction, time and time again!

Be well,
MyohoDisco

Babbabud

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
As its turned Easy's life around ... Easy has turned our lives around with his post. Thanks for being EasyMyohoDiscoDude :)
Nam myoho renge kyo

Payaso

Original Editor of ICMagazine
Veteran
"Prayer to the Gohonzon, chanting Nam-myoho-renge-kyo, is not abstract or
theorectical. It is a burning inner flame to be victorious. If that flame of
resolve blazes in our heart, the instant we chant, we have already won."

Daisaku Ikeda

I believe this is true, absolutely!

Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

Payaso

Original Editor of ICMagazine
Veteran
Namaste.
New to this forum and topic. I know probably as much as most westerns do about Buddhism. From what I understand of it --it holds more truth for me than Catholicism(which I was raised to believe). There is a lot I don't know. I was wondering,(don't know if this came up before, didn't read the entire thread as it goes back to 2004), is Jesus ever mentioned in Buddhism history? Not that you follow him, but is he mentioned? I know that he and Mary are mentioned in the Koran, but not to be worshiped.
Just wondering. I'd love to learn more. I'll be checking back here regularly. I don't know how spiritual I am, but I'm definitely into philosophy, mythology and all religions.
I have been feeling like I'm in the dark about something. I even dreamt about being in a dark bedroom/apt and as I tried to talk to the people around me (whom I dodn't know), no one could hear me. Then I watched my husband drive away while i'm yelling at him from the window "please don't leave, wait for me." I'm also into dream interp.
I'm searching for the light.

Welcome MrsEvlme2!

This thread is the longest continuously happening one on ICMag by far!

Chanting Nam Myoho Renge Kyo is the focus of this chanting grower's group. Mostly growers, all of us chant to some extent.

There are many examples within the thread of the power of Nam Myoho Rengo Kyo.

Searching for the answers and finding the truth is a life-long occupation and passion for all of us here. We hope you begin to chant and feel the power yourself.

With peace and respect,
~Payaso

SoCal Hippy

Veteran
There are many examples within the thread of the power of Nam Myoho Rengo Kyo.

Searching for the answers and finding the truth is a life-long occupation and passion for all of us here. We hope you begin to chant and feel the power yourself.

Well said Payaso. I also welcome Mrs. E

Nam Myoho Renge Kyo, like the roar of a lion.

Leviathan

thx for the support guys, nam myho renge kyo.. the man i met had beautiful balls, just like i asked the gohonzon for- i feel like this chanting stuff is really increaseing my metel........its truly a lions roar

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Just for the record, I am getting my ass KICKED!!! Hours of Daimoku and still a low life condition!!! The smallest of things can change everything in a moment, and all you'll have left is your faith and your determination to trust to the very end.

It's always worked before and will again if I just keep doing what I am doing, no matter how lonely and painful that is. I am a Buddha and nothing can take that away from me!

I'm hanging in there till hell freezes over! DotSH! Is that all you got? Your fucking ass is MINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks!

T

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
My mentor, second Soka Gakkai president Josei Toda, once remarked: "If we uphold the Gohonzon and exert ourselves assiduously in faith, practice, and study, we will not forever remain deluded, unenlightened people at the mercy of various sufferings." He also said: "When we look back later, even the most painful experiences eventually fade and vanish like a dream. That's why we must remember to be patient and to persevere, taking a long-term perspective and biding our time." He also said: "Cultivate perseverance. Doesn't the Daishonin urge us to 'don the armor of endurance' (cf. WND-1, 392)? I would like you to regard perseverance as being the essence of true Buddhist practice."

(SGI Newsletter No. 7837, SGI President Ikeda's Speech, Young Women's Division Commemorative Gathering, Part 3 of 5. Translated August 18th, 2009)

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
"Even if you are not the Venerable Mahakashyapa, you should all perform a dance...When Bodhisattva Superior Practices emerged from the earth, did he not emerge dancing?"

(Great Evil and Great Good - The Writings of Nichiren Daishonin, page 1119) Selection source: Gosho Lecture Series by SGI President Ikeda: Gosho and the Mentor-Disciple Bond, Seikyo Shimbun, August 20th, 2009

:party: :party: :party: :party:

E

EasyMyohoDisco

Thank you Bud and Thank you Rob! Let's keep chanting together, united in spirit for the rest of our lives. I'm down with T that we must persevere and endure! Fucking A, it is all about endurance when you are in this marathon we call our Buddhist Practice. Yet as far as I know this marathon exceeds 24 miles, it exceeds 1,000 miles, it exceeds millions and millions of miles and light years in every direction! The Mystic Law that prevails throughout the universe is alive within us all, that is why we continue to chant fearlessly with the best possible conviction we can bring to the table.

I'm convinced each of you doing this chanting growers thing with me is my best friend!

Thanks for being there for me, I'll continue to support you from here!

Best regards,
Easy!

P.S.- What's the best way to endure, to persevere, to overcome, to challenge and to win..... Just Nam-myoho-renge-kyo! "AND YOU KNOW THIS MAN!"

Leviathan

Just for the record, I am getting my ass KICKED!!! Hours of Daimoku and still a low life condition!!! The smallest of things can change everything in a moment, and all you'll have left is your faith and your determination to trust to the very end.

It's always worked before and will again if I just keep doing what I am doing, no matter how lonely and painful that is. I am a Buddha and nothing can take that away from me!

I'm hanging in there till hell freezes over! DotSH! Is that all you got? Your fucking ass is MINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks!

T
sometimes u gotta put in hours n hours n hours, not just hours. think about what your fighting for and just continue chanting to your gohoezon, when i used to work in sales i always had this one person who kept blocking my sucess, true i could of just talked to them and solved my problem in around 20 minutes , but what did i do , i chose to chant for two weeks straight, stay in on saturday nights and even do a coffee enemas extra vitality, in all i put in around 6 hours on what i could of did in one tenth of that...in the end someone else talked to the person for me but none of it would have been possible without me chanting to my gohonzon as much as i did...my life condition went up.

SoCal Hippy

Veteran
Josei Toda, once remarked: "If we uphold the Gohonzon and exert ourselves assiduously in faith, practice, and study, we will not forever remain deluded, unenlightened people at the mercy of various sufferings."

He also said: "When we look back later, even the most painful experiences eventually fade and vanish like a dream.

It's all a blur. We've got your back T.

Fck Off DOTSH!!! :dueling:

Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
sometimes u gotta put in hours n hours n hours, not just hours.....i chose to chant for two weeks straight.....in all i put in around 6 hours....

Levi, I know all about hours and hours and hours. Six hours over two weeks? Brother I have been doing over four hours a day for the last ten! But my Daimoku chart is filling up fast! This will be my first million finished in less than six months. Just so you know, I generally chant at least two hours a day as part of my daily practice whether being challenged or not. I just happened to get a very big one (challenge) a week ago Wednesday. After having practiced for thirty-six years, I'm not about to stop now!

But thanks for your encouragement! You too, SoCal and Easy!

T

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
"When great evil occurs, great good follows."

(Great Evil and Great Good, Writings of Nichiren Daishonin, Volume 1, Page 1119.) Selection source: Essay - Light of the Century of Humanity by SGI President Ikeda, Seikyo Shimbun, August 16th, 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.