This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

This is from "Lectures on The Heritage of the Ultimate law of Life. SGI President Ikeda's Study Lecture Series. 11. Bodhisattva Superior Practices. Pioneering the Way for Human Victory by Unlocking the Highest Potential for All People." In Living Buddhism, March/April, 2008, Page 54.

In one sense, human beings are weak and vulnerable, and find it extremely difficult to break through the darkness of their innate ignorance. But they also have the capacity for infinite nobility when they believe in the fundamental power inherent in their own lives and the lives of others. When people come into contact with the victorious life of a great champion like Nichiren, they can discover their own limitless potential.

Nam Myoho Renge Kyo
    Hello everyone
    (Medical Patient In Compliance)

Nam myoho renge kyo !! Mugi wasshin
    your bud
    babba

Peace/ Be here now

Babba's Farm L.L.C.

The political views, or conspiracy theories, of icmag ownership, do not reflect my own views and are sole property of the participants

Comment

Welcome to the Chanting Growers Thread Smellmyfinger. Great to have you drop in. Hope you will spend some time reading the dialogue we have had over the past years and then actually try chanting I started in the shower or when driving alone. Once I saw some results I had no problem chanting out loud in front of anyone Oh yea rolls right off the toungue. Smooth as silk or a good bud even Hope to see you drop in often.
      Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

your bud
      babba

Peace/ Be here now

Babba's Farm L.L.C.

The political views, or conspiracy theories, of icmag ownership, do not reflect my own views and are sole property of the participants

Comment

Originally posted by Babbabud
        Welcome to the Chanting Growers Thread Smellmyfinger. Great to have you drop in. Hope you will spend some time reading the dialogue we have had over the past years and then actually try chanting I started in the shower or when driving alone. Once I saw some results I had no problem chanting out loud in front of anyone Oh yea rolls right off the toungue. Smooth as silk or a good bud even Hope to see you drop in often.
        Nam Myoho Renge Kyo
        I plan to my friend
        and I appreciate the warm welcome I've received here so far....it's good to be around some drama-free,good karmic vibes
        thank you
        Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

Comment

"The Buddha and Devadatta are like a form and its shadow--in lifetime after lifetime, they are never separated. Prince Shotoku and his archenemy Moriya appeared at the same time, like the blossom and the calyx of the lotus. If there exists a votary of the Lotus Sutra, then the three types of enemies are bound to exist as well."

(The Opening of the Eyes - The Writings of Nichiren Daishonin, Vol. 1, page 278) Selection source: Discussion, Seikyo Shimbun, March 13th, 2008
          Nam-myoho-renge-kyo!

Comment

"Goals rouse hope. Where there is hope, courage and dynamism well forth. That is one reason for setting goals to strive for."

SGI Newsletter No. 7499, The New Human Revolution--Vol. 21: Chap. 1, SGI 43, translated March 12th, 2008
            Nam-myoho-renge-kyo!

Comment

"One is the mother of ten thousand."*
              Everything starts with one person.
              Let's, therefore, begin by inspiring
              one person, that will then spread courage
              to ten thousand others and more.

Daisaku Ikeda

* "Conversation between a Sage and an Unenlightened Man", WND-I, page 131
              Nam-myoho-renge-kyo!

Comment

smelly fingah!

welcome dude, in my 2 years of practice i've gained nothing but profit in a form of constant progress and joy in doing so. and it's another joy to see other ppl having the same effects in their life by the same cause---> removing the BS

embracing the limitless power of my mind IS letting the Universe in my heart
                love and compassion is the way i want to go

with all compasion gathered in me, chant my smelly friend, chant ur ass off and enjoy it, we will be all around you!
                Growing every day of our lives
                ~Nam-Myoho~Renge~Kyo~

Comment

It goes like this:

Nam-myoho-renge-kyo!
                  Nam-myoho-renge-kyo!
                  Nam-myoho-renge-kyo!

Upon chanting you become Parent, Teacher ,Sovereign. These attributes are within our reach, upon chanting my life change big time. Right now I'm struggling to help people and today I had a tough day, my company is laying off people and it was tough. But we will all continue to persevere!

I got all of you friends in my prayers! Keep on chanting and so will I!

Peace!

Comment

my wife came in the room today and heard me chanting and i'm convinced she thinks I'm nuts.....but thats nuthin new.Thx for the warm wishes all of you....restoring my faith one post at a time!!!

Nam-myoho-renge-kyo!

Comment

"The purpose of the appearance of this world of Shakyamuni Buddha, the lord of teachings, lies in his behaviour as a human being."

(The Three Kinds of Treasure - The Writings of Nichiren Daishonin, Vol. 1, page 852) Selection source: The New Human Revolution, Seikyo Shimbun, March 14th, 2008
                      Nam-myoho-renge-kyo!

Comment

In case the wife asks....

Nam-Myoho-Renge-Kyo

The invocation of Nam-myoho-renge-kyo was established by Nichiren on April 28, 1253. Having studied widely among all the Buddhist sutras, he had concluded that the Lotus Sutra contains the ultimate truth of Buddhism: that everyone without exception has the potential to attain Buddhahood. The title of the Lotus Sutra in its Japanese translation is Myoho-renge-kyo. But to Nichiren, Myoho-renge-kyo was far more than the title of a Buddhist text, it was the expression, in words, of the Law of life which all Buddhist teachings in one way or another seek to clarify. What follows is a brief and unavoidably limited explanation of some of the key concepts expressed by this phrase.

Nam

The word nam derives from Sanskrit. A close translation of its meaning is "to devote oneself." Nichiren established the practice of chanting Nam-myoho-renge-kyo as a means to enable all people to put their lives in harmony or rhythm with the law of life, or Dharma. In the original Sanskrit, nam indicates the elements of action and attitude, and refers therefore to the correct action one needs to take and the attitude one needs to develop in order to attain Buddhahood in this lifetime.

Myoho

Myoho literally means the Mystic Law, and expresses the relationship between the life inherent in the universe and the many different ways this life expresses itself. Myo refers to the very essence of life, which is "invisible" and beyond intellectual understanding. This essence always expresses itself in a tangible form (ho) that can be apprehended by the senses. Phenomena (ho) are changeable, but pervading all such phenomena is a constant reality known as myo.

Renge

Renge means lotus flower. The lotus blooms and produces seeds at the same time, and thus represents the simultaneity of cause and effect. The circumstances and quality of our individual lives are determined by the causes and effects, both good and bad, that we accumulate (through our thoughts, words and actions) at each moment. This is called our "karma." The law of cause and effect explains that we each have personal responsibility for our own destiny. We create our destiny and we can change it. The most powerful cause we can make is to chant Nam-myoho-renge-kyo; the effect of Buddhahood is simultaneously created in the depths of our life and will definitely manifest in time.

The lotus flower grows and blooms in a muddy pond, and yet remains pristine and free from any defilement, symbolizing the emergence of Buddhahood from within the life of an ordinary person.

Kyo

Kyo literally means sutra, the voice or teaching of a Buddha. In this sense, it also means sound, rhythm or vibration. Also, the Chinese character for kyo originally meant the warp in a piece of woven cloth, symbolizing the continuity of life throughout past, present and future. In a broad sense, kyo conveys the concept that all things in the universe are a manifestation of the Mystic Law.

Primary Practice

Chanting Nam-myoho-renge-kyo--also known as "Daimoku"--is the primary practice of SGI members. Through this practice, one is able to reveal the state of Buddhahood in one's life, experienced as the natural development of joy, increased vitality, courage, wisdom and compassion.

"When deluded, one is called an ordinary being, but when enlightened, one is called a Buddha. This is similar to a tarnished mirror that will shine like a jewel when polished. A mind now clouded by the illusions of the innate darkness of life is like a tarnished mirror, but when polished, it is sure to become like a clear mirror, reflecting the essential nature of phenomena and the true aspect of reality. Arouse deep faith, and diligently polish your mirror day and night. How should you polish it? Only by chanting Nam-myoho-renge-kyo." -- Nichiren, On Attaining Buddhahood in This Lifetime

( http://www.sgi.org/buddhism/practice...renge-kyo.html )
                        Last edited by PassTheDoobie; 03-15-2008, 10:48.
                        Nam-myoho-renge-kyo!

Comment

HUGE HUGE BENEFIT!

YO GUYS! I did it! There was no YMDs in my district practicing, none. All my shakubukus are always foreign, another county town state. Today I realized something I was chanting for and mentioned on the thread, I invited some kids that came to a meeting in january Pete and Charlie and they are in high school and today they came and another youth whose mother is a group cheif. It was awesome we did gongyo I told them about march 16th and encouraged them to chant for the "right things they need", I told them about Nichiren Daishonin and that I'm responding to my personal mission to tell my friends about Nichiren Daishonin and how knowing about him and chanting Nam-myoho-renge-kyo! I can WAKE UP, SHAKE IT UP, MAKE IT HAPPEN, AND GO IN UNCHARTED DIRECTIONS! WOOT we had a blast, they had more energy than me I'm so winded and had alot of obstacles obstructing my progress. I mean alot just today, but heck, when am I not being assaulted by my own mind? I still muster the faith and chant and thank Gohonzon for mercifully giving me what I needed to accomplish this. That is why Smelly and PTD materialized energy recently, but we all are breaking through, I know I am! My gf is practicing for the event tomorrow, everyone is encouraged and positive, thank you everyone for your daimoku! Thank you!

Comment

Everyone needs to pull together to chant for Bud and Mrs.B again between now and the 19th. I know everyone joins me in encouraging them and taking action by specifically having their well-being in mind when we chant Nam-myoho-renge-kyo for these next few days!

Sincere and deepest respect you two! Have faith and show us again some actual proof! Don't relax!

Bowing in obeisance,

Thomas
                            Nam-myoho-renge-kyo!

Comment

Thankyou all so much for your daimoku
                              Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

your bud
                              babba

Peace/ Be here now

Babba's Farm L.L.C.

Comment

Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

This is from "Lectures on The Heritage of the Ultimate law of Life. SGI President Ikeda's Study Lecture Series. 11. Bodhisattva Superior Practices. Pioneering the Way for Human Victory by Unlocking the Highest Potential for All People." In Living Buddhism, March/April, 2008, Page 58.

Humanity today is earnestly seeking living examples and role models. In particular, people yearn to find those who embody a humanistic philosophy, one that will usher in a happier and more hopeful future. The time has now arrived for our valiant members across the globe to be respected as Bodhisattvas of the Earth. This is because they are carrying out the very practice those Bodhisattvas vowed to pursue.

your bud
                                babba

Peace/ Be here now

Babba's Farm L.L.C.

Comment

Working...
                                X