What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Chanting Growers Group

Status
Not open for further replies.

SoCal Hippy

Veteran
I spoke out solely because I had long known that the people of Japan would meet
with great suffering, and I felt pity for them. Thoughtful persons should
therefore realize that I have met these trials for their sake. If they were
people who understood their obligations or were capable of reason, then out of
two blows that fall on me, they would receive one in my stead.

(WND, 828)
Reply to Yasaburo
Written to Saito Yasaburo on August 4, 1277

SoCal Hippy

Veteran
The resolve to accomplish your goals is what counts. If you earnestly put your
mind to something, your brain, your body, your environment -- everything -- will
start working toward achieving that end.

Daisaku Ikeda

SoCal Hippy

Veteran
The great lantern that illuminates the long night of the sufferings of birth and
death, the sharp sword that severs the fundamental darkness inherent in life, is
none other than the Lotus Sutra.

(WND, 1038)
A Comparison of the Lotus and Other Sutras
Written to Toki Jonin on May 26, 1280

SoCal Hippy

Veteran
We cannot build true character if we allow ourselves to be swayed by passing
praise or censure. "Don't concern yourself with petty criticisms! Commune
constantly with fine books and fine people and improve yourself!" This was the
creed by which Mr. Makiguchi and Mr. Toda lived their lives.

Daisaku Ikeda

SoCal Hippy

Veteran
Though numerous, the Japanese will find it difficult to accomplish anything,
because they are divided in spirit. In contrast, although Nichiren and his
followers are few, because they are different in body, but united in mind, they
will definitely accomplish their great mission of widely propagating the Lotus
Sutra.

(WND, 618)
Many in Body, One in Mind
Written to the lay priest Takahashi on August 6, year unknown

E

EasyMyohoDisco

THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH!

I bow in obeisance to each of you! Thank you so much for joining me in daimoku over this obstacle, we'll win!

scegy

Stay strong and continue your faith buddy that's the best i can say from my experience, everything else just doesn't lead me anywhere.

ENDURE!

Babbabud

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Please lets all post up and let everyone know each of us is OK ?
Nam myoho renge kyo
Much love to you all !!!
Nam myoho renge kyo

SoCal Hippy

Veteran
In the Lotus Sutra there is reference to living Bodhisattvas that live eternally on the earth. These are people that sacrifice themselves for the salvation of others. The Sutra refers to them as "Bodhisattvas of the Earth" - if you ever want to meet one, just go to EasyMyohoDisco's house.

SoCal Hippy

Veteran
"Happiness means not the absence of troubles but rather the refusal to be defeated by them, which is the true definition of happiness."

"Reality is harsh. It can be cruel and ugly. Yet no matter how much we grieve over our environment and circumstances nothing will change. What is important is not to be defeated, to forge ahead bravely. If we do this, a path will open before us."

"A person's true nature is revealed at times of the greatest adversity."

"It is up to us to decide to live a life free from self-doubt and despair in spite of our failures. Indeed, it is during our most humbling moments that we should show greatest poise and grace. Then the dignity of our lives will truly shine."

Quotes - Daisaku Ikeda

Babbabud

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yea I would say you could stop at Easy's or SoCals and find a bodhisattva ready to help anyone who needs it find their buddha nature :)
Nam myoho renge kyo
Hope this finds everyone doing well !!
Nam myoho renge kyo
Easy my brother ... we all make mistakes .... tell her you love her and move on :)
Nam myoho renge kyo

SoCal Hippy

Veteran
The sutras expounded prior to the Lotus Sutra cannot lead to Buddhahood because they are provisional and expedient teachings that separate reality and wisdom. The Lotus Sutra, however, unites the two as a single entity. The sutra says that the Buddhas open the door of Buddha wisdom to all living beings, show it, cause them to awaken to it, and induce them to enter its path. By realizing this Buddha wisdom, one attains Buddhahood.

The Writings of Nichiren Daishonin, page 746
The Essentials for Attaining Buddhahood
Written to Soya Jiro Hyoe-no-jo Kyoshin on August 3, 1276

SoCal Hippy

Veteran
The course of our lives is determined by how we react-what we decide and what we do-at the darkest of times. The nature of that response determines a person’s true worth and greatness.

The present, as I am sure you all sense, is an age pervaded by great weariness and apathy. I would like you to be aware that the power and energy to serve humanity in such an enervated age can only be born from a vigorous, indomitable, noble will. Though the times may be rife with petty human conflicts, a pervading sense of hopelessness and all manner of turbulent storms, I hope that all of you will forge ahead boldly, with unflagging good cheer.

Depending on the use to which it is put, religion can be a demonic force. Religion should bring us together, but it is exploited by some to create greater schisms among us. Nothing could be more unfortunate. Religion must always be for the people. People do not exist for the sake of religion. This must be the fundamental guideline of religion in the twenty-first century.

Quotes - Daisaku Ikeda

E

EasyMyohoDisco

Thanks to each of you for posting such great encouragement. A bow of obeisance to your friend is equivalent to a bow of obeisance to yourself.

I've talked it out with her and told her I love her and I'm trying to work it out as peacefully as possible.

Let's keep chanting strong more and more each day. The daimoku has really helped lately and I'll keep sending it to each of you as well.

Thanks so much,
MyohoDisco!

SoCal Hippy

Veteran
Concerning prayer, there are conspicuous prayer and conspicuous response,
conspicuous prayer and inconspicuous response, inconspicuous prayer and
inconspicuous response, and inconspicuous prayer and conspicuous response. But
the only essential point is that, if you believe in this sutra, all your desires
will be fulfilled in both the present and the future.

(WND, 750)
Letter to the Lay Priest Domyo
Written to the lay priest Domyo on August 10, 1276

Payaso

Original Editor of ICMagazine
Veteran
Namy Myoho Renge Kyo

Greetings from Abby Zen Karma, who is completely occupying all of my free time for the moment...but as all kittens do, they grow up fast.

Chanting daily to keep going strong. Many new things are unfolding now.

The abundance of the earth is upon us now, make every effort to collect and store your crops safely for the lean times coming soon.

Peace and best wishes...Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

E

EasyMyohoDisco

Just got in from a meeting at the home district! Boy oh BOY, do I feel refreshed! I love chanting with others and needed this meeting so much considering the last week of trouble. I'm really pleased that I have been able to sustain my practice with all you. Thank you Socal for picking up and hitting home with the raw reality goodness I'm very fortunate to read. Some posts brother, just because they are from you I don't really transplant the bias I would normally exercise upon the author. You sir are knee deep with babba, tom, me, and everyone else in Mugin Wasshin mode.

Doubt free faith is what the Babbas practice, tonight I got to tell people about it again because they ask me. Doesn't matter if the member is new or old everyone is encouraged. I'm very fortunate for all your input and encouragement special thanks to Scegy, TrichyTrichy, Desi, Forest(YOU DA MAN!), SMILEY, Chris and kitty I really appreciate your presence and encourage you to keep reflecting the good side I keep seeing! Great to be among yall as well, I'm sure you know what I mean. Ok back to work!

Desiderata

Bodhisattva of the Earth
Veteran
A Quad of Help!

A Quad of Help!

"Happiness means not the absence of troubles but rather the refusal to be defeated by them, which is the true definition of happiness."

"Reality is harsh. It can be cruel and ugly. Yet no matter how much we grieve over our environment and circumstances nothing will change. What is important is not to be defeated, to forge ahead bravely. If we do this, a path will open before us."

"A person's true nature is revealed at times of the greatest adversity."

"It is up to us to decide to live a life free from self-doubt and despair in spite of our failures. Indeed, it is during our most humbling moments that we should show greatest poise and grace. Then the dignity of our lives will truly shine."

Quotes - Daisaku Ikeda

Hi Everyone!

These four quotes from President Ikeda put my 'keel to the wheel'!

It's like eating a healthy breakfast......all the good stuff I'm reading here!

Myoho, well I know it's hard to trust your wife maybe, but she probably thought she was doing best at the time.........trying to save you any more stress than what you were going through at the time. I can't imagine she could lie to you outright, with only her thinking of herself. Otherwise your going to have to re-access your marrige?

Well, it's been tough lately,....I don't have cancer, but I missed out on that job for now........I was sorta lied too,......or someone didn't do their homework, telling me my job was secure. So I'm getting alot of work done at home.......for now.

Long live the chanting growers!

SoCal Hippy

Veteran
The sutra expounded prior to the Lotus Sutra cannot lead to Buddhahood because
they are provisional and expedient teachings that separate reality and wisdom.
The Lotus Sutra, however, unites the two as single entity. The sutra says that
the Buddhas open the door of Buddha wisdom to all living beings, show it, cause
them to awaken to it, and induce them to enter this path. By realizing this
Buddha wisdom, one attains Buddhahood.

(WND, 746)
The Essentials for Attaining Buddhahood
Written to Soya Jiro Hyoe-no-jo Kyoshin on August 3, 1276

SoCal Hippy

Veteran
The present, as I am sure you all sense, is an age pervaded by great weariness
and apathy. I would like you to be aware that the power and energy to serve
humanity in such an enervated age can only be born from a vigorous, indomitable,
noble will. Though the times may be rife with petty human conflicts, a pervading
sense of hopelessness and all manner of turbulent storms, I hope that all of you
will forge ahead boldly with unflagging good cheer.

Daisaku Ikeda

Status
Not open for further replies.