What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Chanting Growers Group

Status
Not open for further replies.
E

EasyMyohoDisco

Happy August to you and yoursZ!

Happy August to you and yoursZ!

Nam-myoho-renge-kyo!
Nam-myoho-renge-kyo!
Nam-myoho-renge-kyo!
Nam-myoho-renge-kyo!
Nam-myoho-renge-kyo!

Nam-myoho-renge-kyo!
Nam-myoho-renge-kyo!
Nam-myoho-renge-kyo!
Nam-myoho-renge-kyo!
Nam-myoho-renge-kyo!

Nam-myoho-renge-kyo!Nam-myoho-renge-kyo!Nam-myoho-renge-kyo!

Heck yeah, lets smoke some more too, waddoyousay ole sport? hahahaha:joint:

SoCal Hippy

Veteran
“The heart is what is important.” There is nothing more vulnerable, nothing more corruptible than the human mind; nor is there anything as powerful, steadfast and ennobling.

Daisaku Ikeda

SoCal Hippy

Veteran
The heart of the Lotus Sutra is the revelation that one may attain supreme
enlightenment in one's present form without altering one's status as an ordinary
person. This means that without casting aside one's karmic impediments one can
still attain the Buddha way. Thus T'ien-t'ai said, "The other sutras only
predict Buddhahood...for the good, but not for the evil; ... this [Lotus] sutra
predicts Buddhahood for all."

(WND, 410)
Reply to Hakiri Saburo
Written to Hakiri Rokuro Saburo on August 3, 1273

SoCal Hippy

Veteran
The greater our efforts to advance kosen-rufu, the greater the benefit and
eternal good fortune we will accumulate in our lives. The more outstanding
people we can foster, the stronger and healthier we will become. The more aware
we are of our responsibility, the more joy we will experience. Such are the
workings of the Buddhist Law.

Daisaku Ikeda

SoCal Hippy

Veteran
If Nichiren's compassion is truly great and encompassing, Nam-myoho-renge-kyo
will spread for ten thousand years and more, for all eternity, for it has the
beneficial power to open the blind eyes of every living being in the country of
Japan, and it blocks off the road that leads to the hell of incessant suffering.

(WND, 736)
On Repaying Debts of Gratitude
Written to Joken-bo and Gijo-bo on July 21, 1276

SoCal Hippy

Veteran
Our lives are our own. It is not for someone else to dictate to us how we should live them. All that awaits those who allow themselves to be continually swayed by what other people say or do is unhappiness. We simply need to have the self-belief to be able to say: "This is right. This is the path I will follow. I am content." Happiness is born from such inner fortitude. Moreover, those who earnestly devote themselves in accord with the Mystic Law cannot fail to realize lives of total fulfillment.

Daisaku Ikeda

SoCal Hippy

Veteran
Believe in the Gohonzon with all your heart, for it is the robe to protect you in the world after death. No wife would ever leave her husband unclothed, nor could any parents fail to feel compassion for their child shivering in the cold. Shakyamuni Buddha and the Lotus Sutra are like one’s wife and parents. You have helped me and thereby saved me from disgrace in this life; in return, I will protect you from disgrace in the next. What one has done for another yesterday, will be done for oneself today.

The Writings of Nichiren Daishonin, page 994
Letter to Jakunichi-bo
Written to Jakunichi-bo Niike on September 16, 1279

SoCal Hippy

Veteran
Since I have realized that only the Lotus Sutra teaches the attainment of Buddhahood by women, and that only the Lotus is the sutra of true requital for repaying the kindness of our mother, in order to repay my debt to my mother, I have vowed to enable all women to chant the daimoku of this sutra.

The Writings of Nichiren Daishonin, page 931
The Sutra of True Requital
Written to the lay nun Sennichi on July 28, 1278

SoCal Hippy

Veteran

Life is a process of ongoing challenge. Those who lead lives of boundless challenge realize boundless growth. In a time of tumultuous change, what people need most is the vitality to challenge their circumstances and the wisdom to open the treasure-house of knowledge and to ceaselessly strive to create new value.

Daisaku Ikeda

(Vitality: Nam Myoho Renge Kyo)

scegy

I have to bring this forth, it's from the first page of this thread and i think it's so trully beautiful!
PTB,
I smiled when I read your reply regarding how to open the way for others in thought, word, and deed.

I figured it out real simple one day. I was reading President Ikeda's guidance one day, He said, "When we support women, women support others." as well as "Please protect our beautiful, hard-working women's division with your daimoku."

I figured it out. All I had to do was to support the women's division in my area, with my thoughts, words, and actions.

The Women's Division does all the hard work in the SGI, so why not support and protect them with my practice, and watch my practice grow, just like I watch my ladies grow, through my daimoku for others, including my ladies in the box. smile.

I believe we have a karmic relationship with women. All women. Hence female plants are more important than male plants, more men grow pot than women. yet more women grow garden's and nurseries than men. Quite intersting when you start to think about these things.

In growing female plants we learn how to care for women. Not too much of anything or too little of anything, either will smother and kill the plant. Women are the same I believe.

So I think women have a more profound role in our society than we are willing to admit or foster support for. That is why to me the SGI-USA is the place to be in the 21st Century.

So all I have to do is chant nam myoho renge kyo for the happiness and success of all women. Be there when they ask me to. Leave when they do not want me around, and think well of them all the time, no matter what! This way I can fulfill the Buddha's wish and my Vow at the same time," How to open the way for others with my thoughts, words and deeds."

Just my thoughts about my practice of Nichiren Daishonin's Buddhism.

VegasBuddha

Words of wisdome

SoCal Hippy

Veteran
If Nichiren's compassion is truly great and encompassing, Nam-myoho-renge-kyo
will spread for ten thousand years and more, for all eternity, for it has the
beneficial power to open the blind eyes of every living being in the country of
Japan, and it blocks off the road that leads to the hell of incessant suffering.

(WND, 736)
On Repaying Debts of Gratitude
Written to Joken-bo and Gijo-bo on July 21, 1276

E

EasyMyohoDisco

I had a great home visit yesterday at 6am from my Zone Leader! We rocked this place with daimoku until 6:50 and then at the end he presented me with a gift from President Ikeda. President Ikeda sent me for my efforts a piece of his personal stationary and on it he stamped KOSENRUFU in the middle in Japanese Characters and then stamped on the bottom right his personal stamp. I was told this was for all my efforts in my region. I just really loved the chanting so much at that time of the day and it rocked.

I feel great, that was the kick I needed!

Much love and appreciation to all! Keep on Keeping on!

E

EasyMyohoDisco

I'm inviting a few people over to chant for my peace of mind, I'm stressing out big with a huge obstacle. My wife lied to me all last semester claiming she got A's in her courses and she withdrew and got F's. I'm so fucking dissapointed that she lied to me after I continually begged to help her all last semester. I fucked up royally by focusing more on her than my daimoku in front of my Gohonzon and am paying the motherfucking price now.

I'm gonna have a toso tonight for peace of mind because I'm tripping right now. The wedding is officially off and I'm not sure what to do right now. I just signed a one year lease at the most expensive place I've ever lived in and feel scared now and just plain worried something else fucked up might happen. I hope I'm through the worst of it because I'm not sure how much more crying I want to do after the last few hours.

At least I have a strong practice and had that home visit, otherwise I woulda been alot worse. Pretty Myoho a big dawg came to chant with me the day before the shit hit the fan.

I'm convinced it time for more daimoku.

Thanks for listening,
Me

Forest20

ICmag's Official Black Guy
Veteran
Nam-myoho-renge-kyo.....EMD I can understand the pain that you are going thought..I think she needed a little understanding that you still love her but the deception was not needed:joint: your in my chants

SoCal Hippy

Veteran
MyohoD,

I am sitting down chanting for you this AM.

You nailed it as the SGI bigwig came over to prepare you for the challenges ahead. Don't you see the way the Devil is attacking you cuz you are such a strong soldier for Kosenrufu. You are a 24hour Bodhisatva Thus Come One. Please don't let this Sansho Shima that has manifested get you down. Be strong like Shijo Kingo. With your connection to the Gohonzon, I know you can do it and please know the Chanting Growers have your back all the way!

Nam Myoho Renge Kyo, like the roar of a lion

Status
Not open for further replies.