X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chanting Growers U - Everyone inovled is priceless

SGI President Daisaku Ikeda's Message
    To all the leaders of North America and Oceania who are proudly spearheading kosen-rufu throughout Jambudvipa!

I would like to express my heartfelt admiration for all the efforts you have made for holding such a meaningful training course to expand the fragrant breeze of your great study movement.

Nichiren Daishonin wrote in his famous, "The True Aspect of All Phenomena"-"Exert yourself in the two ways of practice and study. Without practice and study, there can be no Buddhism. You must not only persevere yourself; you must also teach others. Both practice and study arise from faith. Teach others to the best of your ability, even if it is only a single sentence or phrase" (The Writings of Nichiren Daishonin, p. 386).

Your practice and study will advance as your faith deepens. Your faith will deepen as your practice and study advance. Benefit arises through this mutuality. Your happiness will also be determined through this synergy. Your eternal fortune will be accumulated in this process.

When I was a member of the youth division, I dedicated myself to having my practice and study trained under my mentor, President Toda. The lectures I received from him on a one-to-one basis, which I now call "Toda University," covered all fields of study, including the study of Nichiren Buddhism. The first writing I studied with President Toda was "The Entity of the Mystic Law," a vital writing of Nichiren Daishonin that expounds the actual proof of the benefit of his Buddhism. Upon completing the study of this writing, President Toda gave me a completion certificate, which I received with a sense of utmost pride and gratitude. I am deeply convinced that this very first certificate I received from President Toda has eventually led to my receipt of honorary titles from 200 top-rated universities throughout the world. I see the principle of cause and effect in this fact.

If you are lacking in the two ways of practice and study, you are like an airplane that flies not only without a sufficient supply of fuel, but also without a clear sense of direction, altitude or destination. Such an airplane will soon go astray and eventually go into a stall. It will easily plummet to the ground when it encounters turbulence.

What is common to those who have backslid in faith and betrayed the Soka Gakkai is the fact that they were not steady and serious, but negligent in their devotion to the two basics of practice and study.

In any case, as Nichiren Daishonin states, "Buddhism primarily concerns itself with victory or defeat" ("The Hero of the World," WND, p. 835). In other words, Buddhism is a struggle to overcome unhappiness and open the way to happiness. Buddhism is also a struggle to defeat evil and establish justice.

I hope you will take total leadership as capable people who will triumph in the battle of "refuting the wicked and enhancing the just." You are so important to me. I hope that through this training course you will become even healthier, further increase your life-force and brilliance, and accelerate your advancement in the unity of "many in body but one in mind."

With this prayer I conclude my message. Please convey my deepest regards to the fellow members of your respective countries.

To all of you whom I respect with all my heart and who are exemplary in the two ways of practice and study!

Daisaku Ikeda
    (from: http://www.sgi-usa-study.org/MessageJuly2006.htm)

_____
    peace!

Comment

Just wanna report, yesterday we did some activities preparing to participate for March 16th. Today we will do the same and support the Youth Division as best we can.

"Our contemporaries think of the five characters of Myoho-renge-kyo only as a name, but this is not correct. It is the essence, that is, the heart of the Lotus Sutra. . . . Those who seek the heart of the sutra apart from its title are as foolish as the turtle who sought the monkey's liver outside the monkey, or the monkey who left the forest and sought fruit on the seashore."

Reference:

WND Page 861
      Page 859 "This Is What I Heard"
      Written to Soya Jiro Hyoe-no-jo Kyoshin on 28 November 1277 from Minobu

Comment

Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

Selection Source: SGI Newsletter No. 7473, LEARNING FROM THE GOSHO:
        THE HOPE-FILLED WRITINGS OF NICHIREN DAISHONIN, [4] Become a Winner
        in the Real World, from the December 2007 issue of the
        Daibyakurenge, the Soka Gakkai study journal

"Encouraging others in faith requires an earnest, all-out effort. It
        entails a powerful interaction on the dimension of life itself,
        invoking the dynamics of the 'three thousand realms in a single life-
        moment' of each person. It is a dedicated challenge in which we
        polish our own lives so that we can consolidate our Buddhahood,
        while seeking to elevate the lives of our friends so they may do the
        same."

"There is absolutely no need for us to pretend in front of the
        Gohonzon. We should pray to the Gohonzon just as we are-- with joy
        when we're elated, and with sadness when we're feeling down. We
        should regard both suffering and joy as facts of life and continue
        chanting Nam-myoho-renge- kyo steadfastly to the very end. Through
        the vast power of the Mystic Law, all of our prayers form part of
        our Buddhist practice. Those who continue to resolutely chant Nam-
        myoho-renge- kyo, come what may, will achieve true victory. A person
        who chants with this spirit and manifests the power of the Mystic
        Law in their lives is truly a 'Buddha in life.'"

Nam Myoho Renge Kyo
        (Medical Patient In Compliance)

Nam myoho renge kyo !! Mugi wasshin
        your bud
        babba

Peace/ Be here now

Babba's Farm L.L.C.

The political views, or conspiracy theories, of icmag ownership, do not reflect my own views and are sole property of the participants

Comment

Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

This is from "Buddhist Learning for March. Lectures on The Heritage of the Ultimate Law of Life. SGI President Ikeda's study lecture series. 11. Bodhisattva Superior Practices. Pioneering the Way for Human Victory by Unlocking the Highest Potential of All People." Living Buddhism, March/April 2008. Page 56.

By committing ourselves to the great vow for kosen-rufu, we can manifest our own inherently enlightened life-state. And by taking action with an ungrudging spirit, we can free people from suffering and help them revitalize their lives. These awakened people in turn, through the power of dialogue, can inspire still others, giving them fresh courage and conviction. The stand-alone practice of the first three presidents--united by the bonds of mentor and disciple --is the starting point of the magnificent worldwide spread of our movement for human revolution or inner transformation.

Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

your bud
          babba

Peace/ Be here now

Babba's Farm L.L.C.

The political views, or conspiracy theories, of icmag ownership, do not reflect my own views and are sole property of the participants

Comment

We had a great rehersal yesterday. My friend that just recieved Shakubuku came and met people he knew from the past at the center this weekend practicing for various groups that are going to perform this sunday. I was very happy to finally realize a greater connection for my friend with others, but this guy is an amazing Buddha and I think very soon he'll start doing soka group and gajokai even though he only has a couple years left in the youth division.

For the event my gf is gonna do a dance with our friend Genie that received Gohonzon not too long ago (with Christopher back in November) and I was asked to be emcee! I really love participating and I'm starting to notice that I usually always get chosen to be emcee in the big meetings, that's pretty cool!

Well my friends, I got a hard test tonight that I have to get an A in, I studied a bit and will go study in a few minutes after I do my evening gongyo early because I need that extra protection tonight.

Even though I been feeling shitty in my relationship yet again (over 2 years and counting) I've been doing remarkably well in alot of other respects so I guess that challenge of balancing my relative happiness in my relationship is just gonna me more daimoku before making more decisions. I trust Gohonzon will present me with what I need and I continue to be the best I can be so that others generals will 'emerge from the earth' and join me.

A very remarkable thing to note in this thread, is every person I shakubukued has introduced others to the practice and have been working on shakubukuing in their lives and refer to me to guidance and answers. Its a big responsibility when you introduce someone to the practice, helps keep you on your toes in your life!

Thanks for all the love my friends, thank you Babba for your encouragement, we're expecting a huge victory my brother, keep holding down the fort for us as best you can, it lets me know we're battling in sync and safe.

Much appreciation and kind regards to all, thanks for your continued support.

"I'm gonna change America, starting with me!"

Peace,
            MyohoDisco

Comment

Howdy,

Hope this message finds you well! I'm struggling for success and to overcome all the obstacles I'm fighting against right now. It all about doing the best I can and being cool while doing it right now. I just am thrilled I'm on a daimoku mission right now for a quick million and I'm going to push it to the limit.

So, ok first its important we get updates from Bonzo and Scegy as well as all the others! If you've been busy like socal and I can relate trust me! Everyday I'm on the grind cousin, I just want to have this tangible life that I'm working more efficiently at telling my friends about how I chant for world peace and make the most naturally clever (if that makes sense) way to tell a classmate or coworker or just person out there, hey whats up this is what's keeps me flowing.

I'll end with a strong quote, Thank you!

You, yourself, are a Thus Come One who is originally enlightened and endowed with the three bodies. You should chant Nam-myoho-renge-kyo with this conviction. Then the place where you chant daimoku will become the dwelling place of the treasure tower."

Reference:

WND Page 299
              Page 299 On the Treasure Tower
              Written to Abutsu-bo on 13 March 1272 from Sado - Tsukihara

ME & YOU ARE THE TREASURE TOWER!!! NAM-MYOHO-RENGE-KYO!

Comment

Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

[QUOTE=PassTheDoobie]There may be persons who read this thread because they find it interesting. There may be persons who read this thread because they are interested. There may be persons reading this thread that are trying it now. Chant Nam Myoho Renge Kyo. At this point, the simple act of doing so is the only act of "faith" that is required. All of the Sutras and Buddhas are inviting you and assuring you that your prayers will absolutely be fulfilled. To begin is easy........all you have to do is try!

your bud
                babba

Peace/ Be here now

Babba's Farm L.L.C.

Comment

Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

Originally posted by Babbabud
                  I would highly advise sitting and chanting out loud to everyone. Just try it as a discipline each day . Can you do it ? Can you sit with yourself ? .... yourself and your wife ? .... yourself and your friend ? yourself and a bunch of friends ?
                  Its so simple once you give it a chance. Chant for everyones happiness, chant for your own happiness, chant for the happiness of all the ppl in the hurricane, they are all the same... they are all you. Just try chanting ... if you dont want to do it in front of anyone then wait till the wife and kids are gone for a bit , chant in the shower, but give it a try. Have an open mind but most of all have faith that when you chant you will bring about positive energy and will put yourself in harmony with everything around you. Have faith in the mystic law... chant the words and just see what good comes back to you . Chant to understand the Lotus Sutra better and you will. Be a positive force in your life and others . Chant for what you need . Make an effort to chant for what will make you happy. Chant for world peace! Chant to feel real good
                  Nam myoho renge kyo

Chanting for the missing chanters here today. Been a long time since some of you have posted here ??? not sure whats up??

a blast from the past

All things pass
                  A sunrise does not last all morning
                  All things pass
                  A cloudburst does not last all day
                  All things pass
                  Nor a sunset all night

But Earth......sky .....thunder....
                  wind.....fire.......lake...... .
                  mountain........water
                  These always change

And if these do not last
                  Do man's visions last ?
                  Do man's illusions ?

Take things as they come

All things pass
                  ------------------------------------------------------------
                  thinking of and missing you all so much.

Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

your bud
                  babba

Peace/ Be here now

Babba's Farm L.L.C.

Comment

hey chanters!

you asked for an update and here it is

i don't have much to tell actually, i'm still chanting, going to groups, working in my fish-eco project, trying to keep understanding my anger, talking to others about Nam Myoho Renge Kyo, and finally
                    having a deeper meaning in what i do to keep me off the shitty level

it's hard to stay on course, but hey there's no more room for unreasonable doubts and actions, it's just life, gotta learn someday to take it as it is, i'm glad i started

been reading a book lately, "soul travel" by some guy Newman....it's kind off scary when i look out of the window, there's so much beauty that we don't know, so so so so...so...so.. many other ways that humanity could, should, will take

as long as I stay strong, others will follow

a thought on Gohonzon

it sometimes feels like it's too much, then again, having all those jumbo screens everywhere i walk in the city....makes me think that commercials remind us to buy something....gohonzon reminds me about life, every day i look at it.....that's why i think it's a neccesity in these days, althoug it is still very hard for me to stay focused and not imagine myself praying to a piece of paper(yes i still use the copy - waiting on May to come)

whatever makes u a better person is worth of our time me thinks

grab your life!
                    Growing every day of our lives
                    ~Nam-Myoho~Renge~Kyo~

Comment

I've just started sticking my toe in the waters of dharma myself so I was obviously drawn to this thread....I've just started reading asst.texts and writings and would like to start meditating,yoga and walking a more 'righteous path'.
                      I've learned to not smoke/trip just to 'party' or get wasted,but rather as a stimuli enhancer(i.e. music,creativity,writers block,sex etc.)to make my life better,rather than just 'exist' and sit stagnant thru' life. I abused hard drugs(IV dope/coke)for over 10years and burned many bridges and broke many hearts throughout. After a chance encounter with an old friend,he gave me a 10gram sac of mushrooms as a token of kindness. I took them with little thought until later on that evening,as I laid in bed with my wife sleeping beside me shivering from my withdrawal symptoms.
                      I hadn't tripped in about 10 years due to my life being focused primarily on chasing my next hit,but I had no hesitation when I impulsively gobbled down all ten grams. I smoked a bowl,turned the lights off and put The 2nd night of the Dead's september '91 run and nestled under the covers to go to sleep.

Needless to say,sleep was NOT in my future and I was quickly hurled into a whirling maelstrom of color and abstract patterning of my thoughts that peaked into a 'rebirthing' of sorts,and I saw my life from birth to that moment unfurl before my third eye. All the mistakes and pain I caused were looked at in an impartial way allowing me to understand them better,without the usual 'poor me' pity party that day-to-day life threw for me(or,rather I did for myself),which proved to be of great value to me. A week later,I began my detox on my own and managed to put that life behind me. I had gone through jail,deaths of loved ones,homelessness,thirty detox and rehab stays,NA etc. etc. all to no avail. Not even the birth of my daughter,Karma Brienne had been able to turn me around.
                      I know that the psilocybin was a direct catalyst for my change,not by creating something that wasn't there,but instead pulling out those things I had(purposedly)forgotten/repressed.
                      Why does this relate to your thread? It doesn't really,except that in that single one profound evening I went from a down and out junkie,lousy father and husband to who I am today. That night I experienced what I had only read about,an illumination that came from within and surronded me with an inner peace and state of calm 'being'. Since then,I have wanted to be able to return to that place,not only through tripping but rather through self-disipline and meditation.
                      If anyone has any suggestions or ideas that can help me find this path be it through reading certain books,texts or practicing different ways to get me to this place.
                      I apologize if I jacked this thread but my interest is genuine and with good intentions,so what better place to be enlightened then with a bunch of stoners like myself?
                      Thx again....................

Comment

finger....

Hey dude! So happy to have you stop in. What you seek is right here! We are all individuals that found what they were looking for was a self-motivated change from within.

Nam-myoho-renge-kyo isn't just words to chant, it is literally the power of your own life (one's Buddha Nature) becoming manifest by one's acknowledgement of it through the process of calling it out (chanting). Please try! It doesn't cost a thing! Just say the words and think of what you want to have happen.

The power of your own life will respond in a way that will keep you coming back for more. Our prayers are answered--these desires actually manifest as reality--for the express purpose of deepening our faith. Our faith is based on our personal life experience, so we can have confidence in the teachings that further this process of Human Revolution. Chanting brings about the emancipation of our innate Buddha Nature from the state of delusion we dwell in as common mortals.

Try it you'll like it! Read as much as you can here to start. We will be happy to answer as many questions you may have, as we can. But the key is to chant Nam-myoho-renge-kyo yourself and ask the Universe to reveal it's power to you.

That power exists innately within each of us, but remains obscured by our delusion and ignorance of it's existence. That power is what was revealed to you in your shroom experience. That power is what lead you here and has you asking these questions.

Continue. The power is you! Just chant and come to understand it for what it is.

Deep respect,

Thomas
                        Nam-myoho-renge-kyo!

Comment

"The Buddhist concept of 'the oneness of good and evil' is illuminating. Buddhism teaches that both aspects are inherent within human life, with one or the other being manifested due to the arising of certain causes and conditions. Based on this concept, I believe that the true value of creative, constructive dialogue is to be found in our effort to perfect and elevate our own lives, to suppress the manifestation of evil or negative aspects, and to foster and encourage the manifestation of good or positive aspects. This very effort underlies the kind of dialogue and communication that we are in such dire need of today. "

SGI Newsletter No. 7497, The Interaction of Civilizations Leads to a Flourishing Culture of Humanity, March 27th, 2007, translated March 10th, 2008.
                          Nam-myoho-renge-kyo!

Comment

Wow.That hit the spot doobie.....had a rough one last night,domestic quarreling over dumb B.S.,a couple cuts I got went limp-basically one of those mornings where if I didn't have to take my daughter to school I'd still have the covers pulled over my head. I just signed on and got to read this while the sun just happened to hit the window beside my desk and shine right on me synchronicity it never ceases to amaze me!
                            thx doobie I needed that!
                            now if only these damn cuts would perk up and I had something other than an old sack of schwagg in my drawer.....
                            Nam-myoho-renge-kyo.....it rolls right off the toungue!
                            have a great day
                            sammy54543

Comment

If it rolled right off of your tongue then you are one too. Welcome Brother, you must be a Bodhisattva of the Earth!* We don't chant because we are Bodhisattvas of the Earth, we are Bodhisattvas of the Earth because we chant.

(Go back and read the shit out of this thread.)

*"Were they not Bodhisattvas of the Earth, they could not chant the daimoku." [The True Aspect of All Phenomena WND, Page 385, col 2, paragraph 12]
                              Nam-myoho-renge-kyo!

Comment

Thank you Bud and Mrs B! Hey scegy! Hey sleepy! Hey SoCal and MyohoDisco! Hey Bonz and Hit! Hey Bartender and Baccus! Hey DG and Gypsy!

Peace and constant prayers for you all and every one else we have learned from here! Much love and deepest respect!

The Doobies
                                Nam-myoho-renge-kyo!

Comment

Working...
                                X