What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Chanting Growers Group

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wilson!

Oh man I need more details of this visit.
Nam myoho renge kyo

Hey Babba,

We can find time to meet in the SoCal area in this;

We come into Burbank 8/5 9pm then to Lancaster. Stay the day & night of the 6th there. Then I have a biz mtg in Commerce on the 7th 1pm. Trying to find something fun for the her HIGHness and the PM. Maybe Uni studios. I have an ole bud who is some big wig there so I'll pinch him for freebies or they will go to the beach (Redondo/Manhattan) then we'll crawl to Dinnyland. Stay the night there and do a tornado through Walt's place Saturday. Perhaps to SeaWorld for Sunday Morning. Flight back to the world is that night from Burbank to Sea-Tac leaves 6p.

:woohoo:

cheers.

E

EasyMyohoDisco

"Since childhood, I, Nichiren, have never prayed for the secular things of this life but have single-mindedly sought to become a Buddha. Of late, however, I have been ceaselessly praying for your sake to the Lotus Sutra, Shakyamuni Buddha and the god of the sun, for I am convinced that you are a person who can inherit the soul of the Lotus Sutra."

The Hero of the World
(The Writings of Nichiren Daishonin, page 839)

scegy

"Back from the seaside"

Warm greetings for everyone!

I had an awsome 3 weeks of Joy, and i've been thankfull for it every single day in my chants and in my heart.
Again i've joined a scout camp as an active part of it, helping the scouts(non catholic) to show the kids that there's a better world possible. I had so many beautiful moments, i'll tell you just a few of them. We went on a 3 day hike over the hills of Istria in Croatia, and i've met a lot of Croatian friends in all possible generations, which is awsome since our contries are in a conflict since ever and i've never ever had so many good contacts with people there, only in SGI meeting in Zagreb before this. I felt like i'm home trully.

One night we were preparing to sleep over on a meadow and i was looking for the sweet spot between the rocks on the ground to lay there so i was moving around and eventually i landed near the young scouts and a little bit older girl scout was talking to 5 young boy scouts. And to my surprise they were talking about life, love and freedome and boy, there was a lot of pure love there and i somehow felt how is it like to be 14 years old again and NOT being depressed(like i was back then) mainly because i thought i wasn't good enough and that girls are different in their wishes from us guys. All we all want from the day we were born is to be happy. I don't know if you'll get my point here, but i've filled a hole in my life that was blank before....i fell asleep watching the stars and crying because i was so happy!

The third enlightement was one of the strongest ones. As every year i always fall in love in someone, even if i do have a gf, and when i see the person that i feel the strong feelings for, there are always challanges. Either of dissapointment, lust, love, not knowing what to do, which one to pick? My old gf or should i get myself a new one since there's a chance?
Well, neither, was the answear again, as i chanted morning and evenings infront of the oaks in the pure nature with the sea wind blowing and the sun shining i really got into mastering the art of greatfullness, i was in a Land Of Tranquility Light being ungratefull, thinking just on how inlove i am and what to do to tell the other person that i'm in love with her.
I really felt in that position how true are the words of Polishing MY Diamond, no matter how deluded my thoughts and feelings were, after the Daimoku i knew what i had to do and what to have faith in. In seeing the Buddhanature in that girl, everything else is secondary. As a result i haven't fucked up my relationship with my gf(as i did every year before) because i got in love again and i haven't hurt the other girl in any way known. Instead i've built the foundations for our friendship and gave here a sincere warm hug(because we shared a few hart to hart conversations) when we went apart on the highway.

There were numerous other beautiful moments and events, but i know the massive change in my thinking has happened because i'm staying positive(having faith and practicing) and being alert(wisdome).

Just a few more words,
When i chant i think on the things that happen in my life, like i imagine the things that irritate me and i become angry while i chant, but if i chant further i can't deny the truth so as i result i'm not angry anymore so i go on, i imagine the girl i fell in love this time and my passion goes wild i feel soo much love that i could burst, again i chant further and i see the truth which is far beyond my superficial feelings and that uncontrolled passion becomes compassion that leads me further then passion ever did before in these situations. ETC ETC ETC, Nam Myoho Renge Kyo is the truth.

Deepest respect to all living beings including you my friends of the Chanting Growers thread, FULL SPEED AHEAD!

~Nam~Myoho~Renge~Kyo~Nam~Myoho~Renge~Kyo~Nam~Myoho~Renge~Kyo~Nam~Myoho~Renge~Kyo~Nam~Myoho~Renge~Kyo~Nam~Myoho~Renge~Kyo~Nam~Myoho~Renge~Kyo~​

SoCal Hippy

Veteran
A bird's egg contains nothing but liquid, yet by itself this develops into a
beak, two eyes, and all the other parts, and the bird soars into the sky. We,
too, are the eggs of ignorance, which are pitiful things, but when nurtured by
the chanting of Nam-myoho-renge-kyo, which is like the warmth of the mother
bird, we develop the beak of the thirty-two features and the feathers of the
eighty characteristics and are free to soar into the sky of the true aspect of
all phenomena and the reality of all things.

(WND, 1030)
Letter to Niike
Written to Niike Saemon-no-jo in February 1280

SoCal Hippy

Veteran
Faith is perseverance. The key to victory in any struggle in life is
persistence. That is why Nichiren Daishonin stresses the importance of having
faith that flows ceaselessly like water rather than faith that flares up briefly
like fire. To advance continuously, it is important never to become exhausted.
Carrying out activities until late at night does not equate with strong faith.

Daisaku Ikeda

E

EasyMyohoDisco

Getting back on track over here. Glad to see Sceggers posting goodness and Socal laying it all out for us. Good to see Babba and Desi in the mix, shining some light in our direction.

Let's make this week the best week of July! Who's with me?

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
"The 'great vow' refers to the propagation of the Lotus Sutra."

(Ongi kuden - Gosho Zenshu, page 736, The Record of the Orally Transmitted Teachings, page 82) Selection source: Soka Gakkai member's experience, Seikyo Shimbun, July 26th, 2009

SoCal Hippy

Veteran
The Great Teacher Nan-Yueh has stated, "If one sees a foe of the Lotus Sutra and
yet fails to censure him, one becomes a slanderer of the Law and will fall into
the hell of incessant suffering." Even a man of great wisdom, if he sees such a
person and fails to speak out, will fall into the depths of the hell of
incessant suffering, and as long as that hell shall endure, he will never
escape.

(WND, 1021-22)
Letter to Akimoto
Written to Akimoto Taro Hyoe-no-jo on January 27, 1280

SoCal Hippy

Veteran
Buddhism is found in the reality of society and daily life. Because Buddhism is
in no way separate from this reality, we must strive through our actions to be
exemplary models for others.

Daisaku Ikeda

E

EasyMyohoDisco

Wasn't easy to live up to our plan today Babba, but there is still some light left..

Wasn't easy to live up to our plan today Babba, but there is still some light left..

Buddhism is found in the reality of society and daily life. Because Buddhism is
in no way separate from this reality, we must strive through our actions to be
exemplary models for others.

Daisaku Ikeda

I sure as hell ain't a model for others to be following but I sure do like living up to higher and higher standards. Sometimes I can't even believe how good my life is right now after chanting so much for it to go in this direction. But without steady appreciation for all that makes it possible (Gohonzon) I'm just another Bodhisattva trying to get in rhythm with my Buddhanature.... So appreciation is a key towards absolute happiness and enlightenment.

I sure do appreciate this thread because I'm still welcome even when I'm being a dick again. Going back to the gym in a few minutes to start getting in shape again, mind body and soul!

Like the roar of the Lion, Nam-myoho-renge-kyo!

Desiderata

Bodhisattva of the Earth
Veteran
First off Easy, you are a damn good example! Your perserverance, diligence has been a hallmark on this thread. You share your whole life openly to others, always refreshingly sober, without a qualm, weather it's good or bad. It's honest, just like scegy is, pure of heart!

SoCal sure can lead the parade, though. T & Babba really care about us all, I've been feeling the back up and feel so much gratitude for everyones help and concern. Nobody gets carried away like I do.........Thank you all for covering my back, I don't take it lightly.

Payaso sure has been very supportive of me as a friend, with alot a kindness shown. I'm very fortunate to still be here in one piece..........I've deserved to be shredded a couple of times with all my shinanigans.

Desiderata

Bodhisattva of the Earth
Veteran
Faith is perseverance. The key to victory in any struggle in life is
persistence. That is why Nichiren Daishonin stresses the importance of having
faith that flows ceaselessly like water rather than faith that flares up briefly
like fire. To advance continuously, it is important never to become exhausted.
Carrying out activities until late at night does not equate with strong faith.

Daisaku Ikeda

This quote really strikes a cord in my reality!

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
"At such a time, the three obstacles and four devils will invariably appear, and the wise will rejoice while the foolish will retreat."

(The Three Obstacles and Four Devils - The Writings of Nichiren Daishonin, Vol. 1, page 637) Selection source: "Myoji no gen", Seikyo Shimbun, July 28th, 2009.

SoCal Hippy

Veteran
Believe in the Gohonzon with all your heart, for it is the robe to protect you
in the world after death. No wife would ever leave her husband unclothed, nor
could any parents fail to feel pity for their child shivering in the cold.
Shakyamuni Buddha and the Lotus Sutra are like one's wife and parents. You have
helped me and thereby saved me from disgrace in this life; in return, I will
protect you from disgrace in the next. What one has done for another yesterday
will be done for oneself today.

(WND, 994)
Letter to Jakunichi-bo
Written to Jakunichi-bo Nikke on September 16, 1279

SoCal Hippy

Veteran
The ultimate essence of Nichiren Daishonin's Buddhism lies in living on through
to the very end, pressing ever forward, courageously taking on each new
challenge we encounter and never giving up. Constructing eternal glory -- the
state of Buddhahood -- within our own lives is the purpose of our Buddhist
practice in this lifetime; hence the Daishonin's constant urging that we make
tenacious efforts in the present.

Daisaku Ikeda

E

EasyMyohoDisco

Finishing up August was not easy but I stayed to my vow to finish up strong and I did! Thanks for Joining me Babba and I hope you fared well on your end.

August is upon us now! Time once again to put the gears of motion in action towards goals, needs, desires, and most importantly helping other people. For me the best way to help other people is to chant for them and then be the best person I can be to them while respecting myself and them in the process.

Please continue to chant for me and I'll do the same for you! Good Sunday and a Great Week to you!

Regards,
MyohoDisco

P.S.- All my best to you, your co-workers, your friend and especially your family!

Desiderata

Bodhisattva of the Earth
Veteran
Beautiful Post!

Beautiful Post!

Finishing up August was not easy but I stayed to my vow to finish up strong and I did! Thanks for Joining me Babba and I hope you fared well on your end.

August is upon us now! Time once again to put the gears of motion in action towards goals, needs, desires, and most importantly helping other people. For me the best way to help other people is to chant for them and then be the best person I can be to them while respecting myself and them in the process.

Please continue to chant for me and I'll do the same for you! Good Sunday and a Great Week to you!

Regards,
MyohoDisco

P.S.- All my best to you, your co-workers, your friend and especially your family!

My sentiments exactly bro! And, "G O O D H E A L T H" to everyone!

Keep that courage 'chin up',..... everyones chanting has kept me in balance, like walking on dental floss. I got clean feet and toes to spare!

Love You All!

Desiderata

Bodhisattva of the Earth
Veteran
Chanting is good medicine!

Chanting is good medicine!

"Back from the seaside"

Warm greetings for everyone!

I had an awsome 3 weeks of Joy, and i've been thankfull for it every single day in my chants and in my heart.
Again i've joined a scout camp as an active part of it, helping the scouts(non catholic) to show the kids that there's a better world possible. I had so many beautiful moments, i'll tell you just a few of them. We went on a 3 day hike over the hills of Istria in Croatia, and i've met a lot of Croatian friends in all possible generations, which is awsome since our contries are in a conflict since ever and i've never ever had so many good contacts with people there, only in SGI meeting in Zagreb before this. I felt like i'm home trully.

One night we were preparing to sleep over on a meadow and i was looking for the sweet spot between the rocks on the ground to lay there so i was moving around and eventually i landed near the young scouts and a little bit older girl scout was talking to 5 young boy scouts. And to my surprise they were talking about life, love and freedome and boy, there was a lot of pure love there and i somehow felt how is it like to be 14 years old again and NOT being depressed(like i was back then) mainly because i thought i wasn't good enough and that girls are different in their wishes from us guys. All we all want from the day we were born is to be happy. I don't know if you'll get my point here, but i've filled a hole in my life that was blank before....i fell asleep watching the stars and crying because i was so happy!

The third enlightement was one of the strongest ones. As every year i always fall in love in someone, even if i do have a gf, and when i see the person that i feel the strong feelings for, there are always challanges. Either of dissapointment, lust, love, not knowing what to do, which one to pick? My old gf or should i get myself a new one since there's a chance?
Well, neither, was the answear again, as i chanted morning and evenings infront of the oaks in the pure nature with the sea wind blowing and the sun shining i really got into mastering the art of greatfullness, i was in a Land Of Tranquility Light being ungratefull, thinking just on how inlove i am and what to do to tell the other person that i'm in love with her.
I really felt in that position how true are the words of Polishing MY Diamond, no matter how deluded my thoughts and feelings were, after the Daimoku i knew what i had to do and what to have faith in. In seeing the Buddhanature in that girl, everything else is secondary. As a result i haven't fucked up my relationship with my gf(as i did every year before) because i got in love again and i haven't hurt the other girl in any way known. Instead i've built the foundations for our friendship and gave here a sincere warm hug(because we shared a few hart to hart conversations) when we went apart on the highway.

There were numerous other beautiful moments and events, but i know the massive change in my thinking has happened because i'm staying positive(having faith and practicing) and being alert(wisdome).

Just a few more words,
When i chant i think on the things that happen in my life, like i imagine the things that irritate me and i become angry while i chant, but if i chant further i can't deny the truth so as i result i'm not angry anymore so i go on, i imagine the girl i fell in love this time and my passion goes wild i feel soo much love that i could burst, again i chant further and i see the truth which is far beyond my superficial feelings and that uncontrolled passion becomes compassion that leads me further then passion ever did before in these situations. ETC ETC ETC, Nam Myoho Renge Kyo is the truth.

Deepest respect to all living beings including you my friends of the Chanting Growers thread, FULL SPEED AHEAD!

~Nam~Myoho~Renge~Kyo~Nam~Myoho~Renge~Kyo~Nam~Myoho~Renge~Kyo~Nam~Myoho~Renge~Kyo~Nam~Myoho~Renge~Kyo~Nam~Myoho~Renge~Kyo~Nam~Myoho~Renge~Kyo~​

I can't get enough of this post..........it's so pure in heart.......it tells the story of us all,....thank you scegy for sharing!

Status
Not open for further replies.