This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nam Myoho Renge Kyo
    Great to see you post up brother. You have been greatly missed. Hope all your loved ones are doing great and all is going well. You are in our daily chants.
    Nam Myoho Renge Kyo
    (Medical Patient In Compliance)

Nam myoho renge kyo !! Mugi wasshin
    your bud
    babba

Peace/ Be here now

Babba's Farm L.L.C.

The political views, or conspiracy theories, of icmag ownership, do not reflect my own views and are sole property of the participants

Comment

Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

From "The Writings for Discussion Meetings. Fortifying Our Buddhahood With 'Great Care'." Study for March. In the World Tribune, February 15, 2008. Page 7.

The people around us, our circumstances or our own inner negativity can act as devilish functions. Since these functions can besiege us in various forms, at any time and without notice, the critical point is strengthening our Buddhist faith and practice and deepening our understanding of Buddhism through study. Through such efforts, we can fortify our Buddhahood and take "great care" against any devilish function.

your bud
      babba

Peace/ Be here now

Babba's Farm L.L.C.

The political views, or conspiracy theories, of icmag ownership, do not reflect my own views and are sole property of the participants

Comment

Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

your bud
        babba

Peace/ Be here now

Babba's Farm L.L.C.

Comment

Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

This is from Writing for Discussion Meetings. Fortifying Our Buddhahood With 'Great Care." In the World Tribune, February 15, 2008. Page 7.

To take "great care" is to uphold the great vow to dedicate one's life to spread the Law. When we live true to this vow, we keep the devil king at bay and can bring forth the same expansive life state as Nichiren--a life state of absolute joy.

Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

your bud
          babba

Peace/ Be here now

Babba's Farm L.L.C.

Comment

Thank you for your continued daimoku, it is really making a huge difference in my life and i have really needed the protection, for real! The interview was a complete success best of my life, i loved the school. It would be awesome to start an Chanting group up there or perhaps at one of the other two choices geographically much closer to me. Truth be told, I was nervous as heck all last week, really edgy but things fell into place, I could recognize it this time as fundamental darkness and not really get swayed but then again here I am writing this after wasting my evening when I gotta study but honestly I just spaced out and got nothing accomplished. At this point its time for bed, but my friends I gonna feel better the second I wake up because tomorrow again I'll take full advantage of the guidance I follow and strengthen my bond with Gohonzon.

Nam-myoho-renge-kyo!

Comment

"A mind now clouded by the illusions of the innate darkness of life is like a tarnished mirror, but when polished, it is sure to become like a clear mirror, reflecting the essential nature of phenomena and the true aspect of reality. Arouse deep faith, and diligently polish your mirror day and night. How should you polish it? Only by chanting Nam-myoho-renge-kyo."
              Reference:

WND Page 4
              Page 3 On Attaining Buddhahood in This Lifetime
              Written to Toki Jonin in 1255 from Kamakura

Comment

Easy great to hear the interview went well. Im sure which ever school you choose will soon have a chanting group
                Hope everyone is doing well and their absence just means they are out doing lots of shakabuku.
                Nam myoho renge kyo Nam myoho renge kyo Nam myoho renge kyo

your bud
                babba

Peace/ Be here now

Babba's Farm L.L.C.

Comment

Nam Myoho Renge Kyo ... a poem from the past!!

All things pass

A sunrise does not last all morning

All things pass

A cloudburst does not last all day

All things pass

Nor a sunset all night

But Earth.......sky........thunder ....

..wind......fire......lake.... .

..mountain.......water

These always change

And if these do not last

Do man's visions last ?

Do man's illusions ?

Take things as they come

All things pass

Nam myoho renge kyo

your bud
                  babba

Peace/ Be here now

Babba's Farm L.L.C.

Comment

Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

This is from Writing for Discussion Meetings. Fortifying Our Buddhahood With 'Great Care." In the World Tribune, February 15, 2008. Page 7.

In the same spirit as Nichiren, each of the three founding Soka Gakkai presidents--Tsunesaburo Makiguchi, Josei Toda and Daisaku Ikeda--have held fast to the same vow and defeated devilish functions seeking to impede kosen-rufu.

It's impossible to know when devilish functions will creep in and sway us from our mission to widely spread the practice of chanting Nam-myoho-renge-kyo. Therefore, just as Nichiren and the three founding presidents have held fast to their vow, it is important for us to do the same. When we make this the core of our Buddhist practice, we can overcome all obstacles and devilish functions to bring about our limitless potential.

Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

your bud
                    babba

Peace/ Be here now

Babba's Farm L.L.C.

Comment

slander
                      [謗法] (Jpn hobo )
                      More specifically, slander of the Law. To deny, oppose, disparage, or vilify the correct Buddhist teaching. The "Simile and Parable" (third) chapter of the Lotus Sutra reads: "If a person fails to have faith but instead slanders this sutra, immediately he will destroy all the seeds for becoming a Buddha in this world.... When his life comes to an end he will enter the Avichi hell." Miao-lo (711-782) says in his Annotations on "The Words and Phrases of the Lotus Sutra": "This [Lotus] sutra opens the seeds of Buddhahood inherent in the beings of each of the six paths. But if one slanders the sutra, then the seeds will be destroyed." According to the Nirvana Sutra, not to reproach those who slander the Law amounts to committing slander oneself. The sutra reads: "If even a good monk sees someone destroying the teaching and disre-gards him, failing to reproach him, to oust him, or to punish him for his offense, then you should realize that that monk is betraying the Buddha's teaching. But if he ousts the destroyer of the Law, reproaches him, or punishes him, then he is my disciple and a true voice-hearer." Nichiren (1222-1282) states, "Those who put their faith in it [the Lotus Sutra] will surely attain Buddhahood, while those who slander it will establish a 'poison-drum relationship' with it and will likewise attain Buddhahood" (882). See also fourteen slanders.

I hope to recognize slander more clearly in the future....... so sorry
                      Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

your bud
                      babba

Peace/ Be here now

Babba's Farm L.L.C.

Comment

Yo Bud me2 man, I swear its just downright f'ed up man how we just end up slandering and not realize it often til it's pretty set in, damn brother we gotta keep chanting more consistently to stay sharp and on guard. Dude its just tough man how things keep stacking up sometimes and how sometimes just out of the blue trying to do something nice, BAM another f'ed up situation arises. That really can stop you dead in your tracks but badass practitioners of The Law like us just keep moving and doing the right thing. Man you know I've been learning to write online for a long time and still so often, I'm too lazy to cite things and it seems or it has in the past, that I'm saying stuff I'm quoting. What I'm trying to say is even with the good intention of polishing an important skill, you could slack off on some aspects and not give respect where its due or disrespect by mistake. Either way, Gohonzon is so merciful we can continue to practice going forward strongly and vigorous demand the universe work in our favor to carry out kosen-rufu through our constant effort to persevere through it all.

I've been so busy lately and am right now I've been neglecting things and I hope to catch up more and be more reliable. I never thought like that before but chanting helps alot. I'll be sure to make our youth meeting on the 16th a success, even though I'm exhausted, have been all week, I'm gonna go out there and chant tomorrow and support this weekend after classes. We're gonna WIN a huge victory here and fulfill some good foundation work towards a strong Nichiren Buddhist community wherever I go.

Peace my friends, Nam-myoho-renge-kyo!

Comment

"Winter always turns to spring."*
                          We practise this faith so that we can always overcome
                          any and every obstacle we encounter (no matter how difficult it might be).
                          Let's make every effort to awaken to our profound missions and
                          move forwards cheerfully, patiently and with perseverance!

Daisaku Ikeda

* "Winter Always Turns to Spring" - WND-I, page 536
                          Nam-myoho-renge-kyo!

Comment

"In the light of the above points, this shows, my followers, that you had better cut short your sleep by night and curtail your leisure by day, and ponder this! You must not spend your lives in vain and regret it for ten thousand years to come."

(The Problem to Be Pondered Night and Day - The Writings of Nichiren Daishonin, Vol. 1, page 622) Selection source: "Kyo no Hosshin", Seikyo Shimbun, March 7th, 2008
                            Nam-myoho-renge-kyo!

Comment

"As the Russian writer Leo Tolstoy (1828-1910) wrote: 'We live for ourselves only when we live for others.' True vibrancy and joy in life are found in interacting with others and in our activities for kosen-rufu."

SGI Newsletter No. 7492, The New Human Revolution--Vol. 21: Chap. 1, SGI 34, translated March 3rd, 2008
                              Nam-myoho-renge-kyo!

Comment

This is from "Buddhist Learning for March. Lectures on The Heritage of the Ultimate Law of Life. SGI President Ikeda's study lecture series. 11. Bodhisattva Superior Practices. Pioneering the Way for Human Victory by Unlocking the Highest Potential of All People." Living Buddhism, March/April 2008. Page 48.

Nichiren states: "The Lotus Sutra says that Bodhisattva Superior Practices will appear now, in the Latter Day of the Law, to propagate this teaching, but has this happened? Whether or not Bodhisattva Superior Practices has appeared in this world, Nichiren has already made a start in propagating this teaching." (WND-1, 218).

Here Nichiren is effectively affirming that he himself is Bodhisattva Superior Practices, who vowed to appear in the Latter Day of the Law. Therefore, the heritage of the ultimate Law of life and death flows in the lives of those who practice as Nichiren teaches and with the same commitment as he has.

Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

your bud
                                babba

Peace/ Be here now

Babba's Farm L.L.C.

Comment

Working...
                                X