What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Chanting Growers Group

Status
Not open for further replies.

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yesterday was my 36th Gohonzon birthday. Thank You Master for the beautiful ride and all of the good times! Nam-myoho-renge-kyo!!!

E

EasyMyohoDisco

Congratulations on you and Nichiren's 36th Anniversary!

Keep it up, your practice has had such a tremendous global impact that people that don't even know you by name have been made aware of Nichiren Daishonin and the Daimoku of The Lotus Sutra through you diligent practice. Quite Diligent indeed considering the wife and kids, you are reaping what you sowed my brother!

Peace to you and yours always!

:woohoo:

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thanks Easy! But rather than being an obstacle, the wife and kids are actually responsible for the diligence. And I would say much of that diligence is due to the thread, for which I will owe Bud and Mrs.B a debt of gratitude forever.

Bud is actually the one most responsible for this thread continuing for the last five years. The dude is a Buddha and one of the coolest Brothers I will ever know in any lifetime. He has encouraged me many times when I needed it and has given me reason to continue when I wanted to quit on countless occasions.

Of course without the contribution of you and SoCal, again, this thread would be in no way what it is. But that goes for everyone! Scegy and Desi and Hit and Bonz and Chris and Wilson and BOG and Sleepy and Gypsy and DG and Forest and Trichy.

The thread has been contributed to and protected by many wonderful people and I owe my life and practice--my diligence--to all of them!

DEEPEST RESPECT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I bow in humble obeisance,

Thomas

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
"However, even a stranger, if you open up your heart to him, may be willing to lay down his life for you."

(On Rebuking Slander of the Law and Eradicating Sins - The Writings of Nichiren Daishonin, Vol. 1, page 444) Selection source: "Kyo no hosshin", July 23rd, 2009

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
"(You must be firmly resolved. Do not begrudge your fief; do not think of your wife and children. And do not depend on others. You must simply make up your mind.) ... This will determine whether you win honour or disgrace your name."

Reply to Yasaburo - The Writings of Nichiren Daishonin, Vol. 1, page 829) Selection source: "Myoji no gen", Seikyo Shimbun, July 24th, 2009

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
"Spending our lives
always together in spirit--
this is the heart of Soka.

"Today, unity, or 'many in body, one in mind,' has become the byword of our members around the globe who are exerting themselves tirelessly for kosen-rufu. Nichiren Daishonin writes in a passage that never fails to inspire and encourage.

"Although Nichiren and his followers are few, because they are...united in mind, they will definitely accomplish their great mission of widely propagating the Lotus Sutra. Though evils may be numerous, they cannot prevail over a single great truth [or good]. (WND-1, 618)"

SGI Newsletter No. 7823, Unity--The Secret to Continual Victory, from the August 2009 issue of Daibyakurenge, the Soka Gakkai monthly study journal, translated July 22nd, 2009

Babbabud

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Nam myoho renge kyo

Nam myoho renge kyo

Selection Source: SGI Newsletter No. 7819, THE WRITINGS OF NICHIREN DAISHONIN AND THE MENTOR-DISCIPLE RELATIONSHIP [8] Enabling All People to Attain the Same Life-State as the Buddha, from the March 7th, 2009, issue of the Seikyo Shimbun, translated July 15th, 2009

"In the realm of Buddhism, teachers or mentors in faith seek to enable their disciples to achieve the same life-state as they--no, they wish to foster disciples who will be even better people than they are. The love and compassion that mentors feel for their disciples are loftier than the heavens and deeper than the sea--infinitely loftier and deeper than the disciples imagine."

"When disciples firmly resolve to live up to the aspirations of their mentor and chant and strive earnestly to do so, the same strength as their mentor will well forth in their lives. This shared commitment of mentor and disciple is the essence of Buddhism."

"Nichiren Daishonin writes to the Sage Nichimyo, one of his female disciples:

"'Bound [though] we common mortals are by earthly desires, we can instantly attain the same virtues as [the lord of teachings] Shakyamuni Buddha, for we receive all the benefits that he accumulated. The [Lotus Sutra] reads, "Hoping to make all persons equal to me, without any distinction between us [LS2, 36]."' (WND-1, 323)"

"This is a very profound teaching. Through the beneficial power of the Mystic Law, we ordinary people who are burdened with problems and sufferings can, just as we are, bring our lives to shine with the supreme brilliance of Buddhahood. Such is the wonderful, infinitely compassionate teaching of the Daishonin, the Buddha of the Latter Day of the Law."

"Mr. Toda said: "'Firmly believing that there is no distinction between the Gohonzon, the Daishonin, and ourselves, we should chant daimoku with deep appreciation and gratitude for this in our hearts. When we do so, the rhythm of our lives aligns itself with the rhythm of the universe and our lives connect with the great life of the universe, thereby enabling us to bring forth incredible life-force.' "

"Accordingly, there are no hardships or sufferings in life that we cannot overcome, and no way that we will fail to become happy. Mr. Toda also said that if we exert ourselves assiduously in faith, practice, and study, we would not remain forever deluded, unenlightened people at the mercy of various sufferings. All of the members of the SGI can bring their lives to shine with the same brilliant life-state of the Buddha."

Nam myoho renge kyo

E

EasyMyohoDisco

I've been feeling all sorts of fucked up lately. Damn it (these feelings) to hell, so hard sometimes to even chant. I swear. My life is swinging and it's because internally I'm scared again and making bad causes with my words. Plus I'm fearing my personal karma because you really do reap what you sow and I've sowed alot of shit.

Then again recently on this thread I've documented on this screen name and EasyDisco (which is now reading as untitled or unregistered) so much good, peppered with some fucked up stuff, that I can't really dig my grave yet.

Alright so I'll just move forward and try to reintegrate myself into the SGI meetings which I'm missing so badly for the last month. Feels shitty to chant alone with just my lady. I always need more...

Nam-myoho-renge-kyo!

Wilson!

heading into los angeleeez

heading into los angeleeez

bringing in a couple of keys(don't I wish) don't touch my bags if you please Mr. Customs Man Maaaaannnnn.

The Queen of Hearts and I are taking the Pumpkin Man to DinnyLand. 7th B-day His 1st trip to the land of odd.

:party:

Sure would love to find some BOG gear like SourBubble or BX3 seeds or any of his really. Anyone that could be doing me the hook-up will be deeply appreciated. We'll be in SoutherCali 8/5-8/9 anyone?

cheers!

Babbabud

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Nam myoho renge kyo

Sorry if my post seem too generic to anyone here . I see us as all one. So I talk to the all one group. I dont ever mean to leave anyone out. I guess with a memory like mine its easier to talk to the group instead of trying to name you all and forgetting someone... then hurting feelings. Sorry but I think we all have our own style. I mean to hurt noone... but hope to help bring us all to enlightenment.
Much love to you all
Nam myoho renge kyo

E

EasyMyohoDisco

"Faith in this sutra means that you will surely attain Buddhahood if you are true to the entirety of the Lotus Sutra, adhering exactly to its teachings without adding any of your own ideas or following the arbitrary interpretations of others."

Letter to Niike
(The Writings of Nichiren Daishonin, page 1030)

This Gosho passage is awesome and I hope to start off my day correctly with these amazing words as my shield! I hope everyone is strengthening their faith day by day! It's not easy but it is worth it in my opinion!

Feeling better today.... I went to my grandfather's grave yesterday for the first time in 9 years and it felt great to honor him. I chant for him everyday too.

Peace to All!

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
And lest we forget, Bud and MrsB do a lot of personal sharing here: http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=93106&page=1 that might appear repetitious to repost on this thread. Much love to all!

Desi, I don't agree with your characterization of being continually criticized. Where are those posts Bro? I don't remember reading them. I apologize that you feel that way, and I hope that this is no longer the case and if you feel it is, then let's get it out in the open. I genuinely don't have a clue what you are talking about.

I know I have encouraged you to receive Gohonzon for over three years. I have never doubted your efforts and even told you how hard it would be three years ago. Think back. Do you remember me saying how hard it might end up being to receive? I have never ever doubted your sincerity. Never.

If You feel continually criticized, I'm not quite sure who it would be here that would be doing that. You are a Buddha. Would it not then be true that any sense of inadequecy is self imposed? We are all only as weak as we think we are and as brave as we are willing to admit to being cowards. What others do is always a reflection of ourselves and nothing more.

My deepest love and deepest respect,

Thomas

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
It is with when we speak and act from the heart that
we can strike a chord in the hearts of others.
The joy that we experience ourselves can move and inspire
others at the same time.
Let's really make a great effort to share this
Buddhism and its philosophy with others
to the very best of our unique abilities!*

Daisaku Ikeda

*"...in accordance with what they have heard they put forth effort in preaching and expounding for the sake of their parents and relatives, their good friends and acquaintances. These persons, after hearing, respond with joy and they too set about spreading the teachings. One person, having heard, responds with joy and spreads the teachings, and the teachings in this way continue to be handed along from one to another until they reach a fiftieth person." - The Lotus Sutra, "The Benefits of Responding with Joy" chapter

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
"There is no true happiness other than upholding faith in the Lotus Sutra. This is what is meant by 'peace and security in their present existence and good circumstances in future existences.'"

(Happiness in This World - The Writings of Nichiren Daishonin, Vol.1, page 681) Selection source: "Kyo no Hosshin", Seikyo Shimbun, July 25th, 2009

Desiderata

Bodhisattva of the Earth
Veteran
I was a bad boy!

I was a bad boy!

Let's see, first off I was exhausted, Ann went to a wedding shower, for a few days, AND I started drinking, and drinking,.........Ahhh, all my insecurities come floating to the surface when I go over board. I am an aries, and have had some strong planetary influences this month that are supposed to be life changes. Well, that part is true, and so is the chanting.

I'm thinking this prostate biopsy scheduled for thursday has some underlining influences on my thinking, like FEAR of the unknown..........so what a better time for me to suck it up, bring the courage on, which I have right now because of all of you!

"T", scratch that insecure stuff, because that's all it is, it's an inner reflection of a part of me. Combined with alcohol, I say things that really don't make sense. It's being a coward..........I will take whatever I'm dealt with, and be happy with the opportunity this life has provided me. You all are in my heart forever, nothing can take that away......boy am I thankful to have friends of such integrity, kindness, and humbleness.

My deepest appreciation to you all!

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
bringing in a couple of keys(don't I wish) don't touch my bags if you please Mr. Customs Man Maaaaannnnn.

The Queen of Hearts and I are taking the Pumpkin Man to DinnyLand. 7th B-day His 1st trip to the land of odd.

:party:

Sure would love to find some BOG gear like SourBubble or BX3 seeds or any of his really. Anyone that could be doing me the hook-up will be deeply appreciated. We'll be in SoutherCali 8/5-8/9 anyone?

cheers!

Yes, but without PM's how can we arrange to hook up? See you at the Friendship Center? Sounds like you'll be hanging in Orange County. I'll be in the high desert those days. LA is a big place! Enjoy! I chanted for P-man and your friend by the way, just so you know someone is listening.

Be safe!

T

Wilson!

Thanks T (PTD) for your diamoku and everyone else on this thread. We'll be in Lancaster on the 5th & 6th then Dinnyland. my personal e-mail is mbtwilson@gmail.com I can send you my cell #. or verse visa.

Love to hook up!

Nam myoho renge kyo

Status
Not open for further replies.