What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Chanting Growers Group

Status
Not open for further replies.

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
"In 'The Opening the Eyes,' the Daishonin writes: 'All other troubles are no more to me than dust before the wind' (WND-1, 280). The Daishonin makes the great declaration that he intends to brush aside the most life-threatening persecutions like dust in the wind and fearlessly fulfil his great vow for kosen-rufu. The Soka Gakkai is the organisation acting in complete accord with the Daishonin's instructions. It has essentially become one of the largest organisations in Japan. It's only to be expected that we'll be envied, criticised, and attacked. It's as inevitable as a ship stirring up a wake by moving forwards through the water. Both the Soka Gakkai and I will no doubt continue to be attacked.

"Mr. Toda often used to says: 'It will probably take 200 years for society to appreciate the real value of the Soka Gakkai. We are an organisation unprecedented in all of human history, which is why no one grasps how wonderful we are.' This is absolutely true. Whatever challenges we face, please don't be troubled by the ups and downs of daily events but cultivate a long-term perspective and live out your lives true to your convictions."

SGI Newsletter No. 7817, The New Human Revolution--Vol. 22: Chap. 3, High Seas 43, translated July 13th, 2009

catmanrob

too long doobie, Ill sit back and read for awhile/catch up....I remember this to be one of the more soothing posts on all of the internet let alone IC.....I just cant believe you guys are still going...

SoCal Hippy

Veteran
Going strong as ever

Going strong as ever

How can it not as this site really adheres to to the mystic law of Nam Myoho Renge Kyo. Can it not get stronger day by day?

Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

SoCal Hippy

Veteran
I, Nichiren, am hated by the people of Japan. This is entirely due to the fact
that the lord of Sagami regards me with animosity. I grant that the government
has acted quite without reason, but even before I encountered my difficulties, I
foresaw that troubles of this kind would occur, and I resolved that, whatever
might happen to me in the future, I must not bear any hatred toward others. This
determination has perhaps acted as a prayer, for I have been able to come safely
through any number of trials.

(WND, 686)
On Consecrating an Image of Shakyamuni Buddha Made by Shijo Kingo
Written to Shijo Kingo on July 15, 1276

SoCal Hippy

Veteran
What is the treasure of youth? It is struggle; it is hard work. Unless you
struggle, you cannot become truly strong. Those who fight hard during their
youth will have nothing to fear when the time comes to put the finishing touches
on their lives. They will possess a great state of life that towers strong and
unshakable. In Buddhism, we call this the state of Buddhahood, which nothing can
undermine or destroy. It is a state of mind enjoyed by invincible champions of
life.

Daisaku Ikeda

Payaso

Original Editor of ICMagazine
Veteran
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

I have a new goal that I am chanting for, and I hope this isn't out of line.

To continue on this path and move forward with my work it would be best to buy a few acres of land suitable for gardening and putting a home on...with an office/studio right there.

The journey begins with a search for the community and the place. Much as I love this area there is no "group" to get involved with, no chanting community of Nichirens within driving distance...and the many hassles of living on the battleground between tweakers/government/growers does grow weary. Must I live on the front lines to do my work?

Anyway, that's where I am at now...planning on finding another place - to grow into the future with some fertile soil instead of volcanic rock, sagebrush and pavement baking in the sun.

Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

Wilson!

Nam myoho renge kyo

Santa Maria X ?? could be the next elite :) hehe

Hey Babba,

The randy dude spuewing his seed was Kali Mist. So, Santa Maria x Kali Mist is the offspring. Seeds are not ripe tho. I'm just letting them go till they litter out from a shake. And make some iso hash with the bones.

cheers.

SoCal Hippy

Veteran
I have pondered the matter carefully with what limited resources I possess, and
have looked a little at the scriptures for an answer. The people of today all
turn their backs upon what is right; to a person, they give their allegiance to
evil. This is the reason that the benevolent deities have abandoned the nation
and departed together, that sages leave and do not return. And in their stead
devils and demons come, and disasters and calamities occur. I cannot keep silent
on this matter. I cannot suppress my fears.

(WND, 7)
On Establishing the Correct Teaching for the Peace fo the Land
Submitted to Hojo Tokiyori on July 16, 1260

SoCal Hippy

Veteran
The powerful may appear great, but in reality they are not. Greatest of all are
the ordinary people. If those in power lead lives of idle luxury it is because
the people are silent. We have to speak out. With impassioned words, we need to
resolutely attack abuses of power that cause people suffering. This is fighting
on the side of justice. It is wrong to remain silent when confronted with
injustice. Doing so is tantamount to supporting and condoning evil.

Daisaku Ikeda

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
"...by all means persist in preaching the Lotus Sutra and causing them to hear it. Those who put their faith in it will surely attain Buddhahood, while those who slander it will establish a "poison-drum relationship"* with it and will likewise attain Buddhahood."

(How Those Initially Aspiring to the Way Can Attain Buddhahood through the Lotus Sutra - The Writings of Nichiren Daishonin, Vol. 1, page 882) Selection source: "Kyo no hosshin", July 15th, 2009

SoCal Hippy

Veteran
Missing you EasyM!

Missing you EasyM!

Great past post from EasyMyohoD

If you are not a member of this thread, please read as much as possible then keep reading more and more! Therein you will find:

How to Overcome Suffering...
How to Start this Practice...
How to Keep it Going for the Rest of your Life!
How to make it work better for you and for others!
Tips on How to do your part more effectively for World Peace and Your Individual Happiness at the same time!
How to Never Give Up!
How To Overcome any Obstacle!
How to Turn Poison into Medicine!
How to develop your faith further!
How to Appreciate Life and everything else in your environment more!
How to Reveal your Buddhahood!

Here is the main answer for the above:

Just Chant Nam-myoho-renge-kyo!

:yeahthats

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
"In the realm of Buddhism, teachers or mentors in faith seek to enable their disciples to achieve the same life-state as they--no, they wish to foster disciples who will be even better people than they are. The love and compassion that mentors feel for their disciples are loftier than the heavens and deeper than the sea--infinitely loftier and deeper than the disciples imagine.

"When disciples firmly resolve to live up to the aspirations of their mentor and chant and strive earnestly to do so, the same strength as their mentor will well forth in their lives. This shared commitment of mentor and disciple is the essence of Buddhism.

"Nichiren Daishonin writes to the Sage Nichimyo, one of his female disciples:

"'Bound [though] we common mortals are by earthly desires, we can instantly attain the same virtues as [the lord of teachings] Shakyamuni Buddha, for we receive all the benefits that he accumulated. The [Lotus Sutra] reads, "Hoping to make all persons equal to me, without any distinction between us [LS2, 36]."' (WND-1, 323)

"This is a very profound teaching. Through the beneficial power of the Mystic Law, we ordinary people who are burdened with problems and sufferings can, just as we are, bring our lives to shine with the supreme brilliance of Buddhahood. Such is the wonderful, infinitely compassionate teaching of the Daishonin, the Buddha of the Latter Day of the Law."

SGI Newsletter No. 7819, THE WRITINGS OF NICHIREN DAISHONIN AND THE MENTOR-DISCIPLE RELATIONSHIP [8] Enabling All People to Attain the Same Life-State as the Buddha, from the March 7th, 2009, issue of the Seikyo Shinbun, translated July 15th, 2009

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
"Those who believe in the Lotus Sutra are as if in winter, but winter always turns to spring."

(Winter Always Turns to Spring - The Writings of Nichiren Daishonin, Vol.1, page 536 Selection source: "Kyo no Hosshin", Seikyo Shimbun, July 16th, 2009

Babbabud

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Nam myoho renge kyo

Nam myoho renge kyo

Words of Wisdom, by President Ikeda, on Happiness. www.ikedaquotes.org
Happiness doesn't exist on the far side of distant mountains. It is within you, yourself. Not you, however, sitting in idle passivity. It is to be found in the vibrant dynamism of your own life as you struggle to challenge and overcome one obstacle after another, as you clamber up a perilous ridge in pursuit of that which lies beyond.

Nam myoho renge kyo

E

EasyMyohoDisco

HELLO FRIENDS:

I'm back! What a move, biggest move of our lives on this end. I can't wait to host some of you here. Things are going good and I just got the internet hooked up today.

Missed you all very much!

I am so glad to see so many wonderful posts which I need to go back and reflect on while I reabsorb the love from this chanting growers thread. What an honor to be among such great individuals once again, wow! I'm very grateful for all the chanting growers continued efforts and as a chanting grower myself, I'm still chanting strong!

Let's keep chanting for everything and keep going forward together in faith! I've had to recently tell myself and others: Dont' be Afraid! Don't be Defeated! Faith! Victory of Gold!

So my best wishes to each of you and I'll be back in full effect sooner than later!

Your brother,
MyohoDisco!

P.S.- THANKS FOR KEEPING THE THREAD SAFE IN MY ABSENCE - WHAT A PLEASURE TO SEE SUCH GREAT POSTS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts