What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Chanting Growers Group

Status
Not open for further replies.

SoCal Hippy

Veteran
I imagine that some of you have family members who are not yet practicing
Nichiren Daishonin's Buddhism. There is no need to be impatient or to agonize
over this. Whether people take faith has to do with their mystic connection with
Buddhism, which takes a variety of forms. Important is the presence of one
person who is practicing. One person's attainment of Buddhahood brings happiness
to family members and all those around him or her. When a single sun rises,
everything is illuminated.

Daisaku Ikeda

SoCal Hippy

Veteran
"Life isn't always smooth. If it were, we would never grow and develop as human beings. If we succeed, we are envied; if we fail, we are ridiculed and attacked. Sadly, this is how people are. Unexpected grief and suffering may lie ahead of you. But it is precisely when you encounter such trying times that you must not be defeated. Never give up. Never retreat. "

Daisaku Ikeda

Payaso

Original Editor of ICMagazine
Veteran
Ahhh.... but the thanks are for you!

Ahhh.... but the thanks are for you!

Just as an FYI, you all got A LOT of Daimoku from me today. I hope everyone is getting what they want. I hope everyone's faith can grow steadily based on personal experience, day by day. There's a reason why we are all together. It is an honor and pleasure!

And the same back at you!

I read this thread every day...it certainly is helpful and I have felt less trauma and distress since being here. The things discussed always lead to yet another topic, and life stumbles on. This leads to an increase of faith ~ that we will all succeed and be happy in our endeavours.

Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

Peace, a beginning.

Desiderata

Bodhisattva of the Earth
Veteran
I can honestly say.....

I can honestly say.....

Just as an FYI, you all got A LOT of Daimoku from me today. I hope everyone is getting what they want. I hope everyone's faith can grow steadily based on personal experience, day by day. There's a reason why we are all together. It is an honor and pleasure!

Thank you from the bottom of my heart!

T

.....that after "T" called my phone numerous times, and finally left a message so I could know who it was, my dark depression and numbness from the past couple weeks started to lift. I worked for a month after being unemployed then jobs that we were waiting on we never got. Forty contractors bidding on the same big jobs!

Then right after the "4th of July" our cat Ginger had a stroke.....she was born on my B'day in '91 and lived here her whole life as a devoted, loyal friend for 18 years and a couple months. We knew her time was limited but when the time comes it's heart breaking.......you miss them so much!

I mean, I was so numb last week I could hardly chant. Some times it's like there's no air left. But, Ann and I are coming out of the fog.......finally. Plus I wasn't getting paid from unemployment,......that got straightened out today, even tho they screwed me out of a couple weeks......they are over burdened and under staffed.........it's amazing the whole system doesn't collapse, he,he,he.

But anyway, I wish you all the best of good & bad and hopes of returning to you all in "full open arms." As always, I love you all!!!.....desi!

PS. "T" you brought me out of what felt like a spiritual death bed, I swear. Things do get better no matter how ugly it gets.

What a blessing to see So Cal back! I chanted for a long time for your return, bro. It looks like you are stronger than ever!

Hey Babba, hey Payaso, hey Sleepy, hey Scegy!!!, hey Hitman, hey Forest!, hey Trichy! and where's the gracious Myoho Disco, dancing the time away?....and of course Bonzo, the spiritual surfer, whose never gotten off the wave of hope!

Wilson!

High Everyone!

Just a quick update. An old school chum recieved Gohonzon yesterday at WPP. Years since I've seen him. He has MS and is in very rough shape. Tim is his name. Hope you'll add him to your lists.

The Pumpkin man got a bite on the rumpas by a neighbors dog..unfortunately they put him down. Sad. At least the damages will go into his Soka U $fund!

The queen of hearts, my betrothed, had a breast lump scare that diamoku melted! Cool.

And I have 2 lawsuits in the works. One with the school district, discrimination, and the dog bite. My landlords are going to get a piece soon. They are nuts with intrusions, trespasssing and don't follow through. The whole thing is odd.

And a dadblang male spuwed its jizz in the tent and gave me a seriously seeded Santa Maria. Anyone know how long seeds take to mature? I have not been able to find an answer. 09 is my 1st grow yr.

And another cool bene is that the company I send biz to is flying us down to LA free. Get to see my grandaughter for the 1st time and take pumpkinman to DINNYland.

Sensi is so funny these days. I can't remember a time when he seemed so lighthearted. And he's giving noogies quite often.

The CGG is my favorite group. I feel as connected here as I do in my district, maybe more.

Never give up or you'll never know if your dreams are real.

cheers,

Babbabud

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Nam myoho renge kyo
Wilson I believe the magic number of days is 22-25 to mature :) Should be good and brown by then. Santa Maria X ?? could be the next elite :) hehe
Great to hear the Daimoku is working is in high gear!!
So glad to see everyone come back out of the woods and post up. Hey wheres that Disco dude ? Much love to each and everyone. Thanks so much for the Daimoku!!
Nam myoho renge kyo

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
High Everyone!

The CGG is my favorite group. I feel as connected here as I do in my district, maybe more.

Never give up or you'll never know if your dreams are real.

cheers,

Thank you Wilson! That means a lot! You should post more often Brother!

Deep respect,

Thomas

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
... I swear. Things do get better no matter how ugly it gets.

What a blessing to see So Cal back! I chanted for a long time for your return, bro. It looks like you are stronger than ever!

Hey Babba, hey Payaso, hey Sleepy, hey Scegy!!!, hey Hitman, hey Forest!, hey Trichy! and where's the gracious Myoho Disco, dancing the time away?....and of course Bonzo, the spiritual surfer, whose never gotten off the wave of hope!

Cause and effect is absolute. Love gets love Bro! And you're full of it! So what comes back at you was of your own making.......ALWAYS!!! (That's why things do get better no matter how ugly it gets).

One makes one's own blessings. You can change anything and everything! Do it!

Deep respect,

Thomas (Just so you know, Ginger got a dose yesterday and was a catalyst for everything else. My deepest thanks to her!!!) Say Hi to Ann!

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
"This life is like a dream. One cannot be sure that one will live until tomorrow. However wretched a beggar you might become, never disgrace the Lotus Sutra."

(A Warning against Begrudging One's Fief - The Writings of Nichiren Daishonin, Vol.1, page 824) Selection source: The New Human Revolution, Seikyo Shimbun, July 13th, 2009

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I imagine that some of you have family members who are not yet practicing Nichiren Daishonin's Buddhism. There is no need to be impatient or to agonize over this. Whether people take faith has to do with their mystic connection with Buddhism, which takes a variety of forms. Important is the presence of one person who is practicing. One person's attainment of Buddhahood brings happiness to family members and all those around him or her. When a single sun rises, everything is illuminated.

Daisaku Ikeda

SO ALL IT TAKES IS YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Welcome egonemo! I think it no coincidence that you have joined us on the fifth anniversary of the founding of the thread! Please read through as much as you can and join us going forward. It’s been five years folks! Thanks!

Where the hell is Easy at a time like this? I hope all is well Brother! Not being able to find a computer connection for this long is possible, but unlikely. We miss you and Bonzo bad!

I bow in humble obeisance to everyone!

Thomas

SoCal Hippy

Veteran
Outstanding Principles also declares, "Neither teacher nor disciples need
undergo countless kalpas of austere practice in order to attain Buddhahood.
Through the power of the Lotus Sutra of the Wonderful Law they can do so in
their present form."...

(WND, 1052)
The Doctrine of Attaining Buddhahood in One's Present Form
Written to Myoichi-nyo on July 14, 1280

SoCal Hippy

Veteran
Governments come and go, economies rise and fall and society constantly changes.
Only the good fortune that we accumulate during our lives lasts forever. The
true victors are those who cultivate the tree of Buddhahood in the vast earth of
their lives, while achieving success both in society and their personal lives
through true faith and a true way of living.

Daisaku Ikeda

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Concerning the 'peaceful' practices of the Lotus Sutra of the Wonderful Law and the practices carried out by Nichiren and his followers now in the Latter Day of the Law, you should understand that, when one practises the Lotus Sutra under such circumstances, difficulties will arise, and these are to be looked on as 'peaceful' practices."

(Ongi kuden, Gosho Zenshu, page 750, The Record of the Orally Transmitted Teachings, page 115) Selection source: Kyo no Hosshin, Seikyo Shimbun, July 14th, 2007

Status
Not open for further replies.