What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Chanting Growers Group

Status
Not open for further replies.

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
"The voice carries out the work of the Buddha"

(Ongi kuden - Gosho Zenshu, page 708, The Record of the Orally Transmitted Teachings, page 4) Selection source: SGI President Ikeda's Essay, Thoughts on the Human Revolution -192, Seikyo Shimbun, June 28th, 2009

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
"If the spirit of many in body but one in mind prevails among the people, they will achieve all their goals, whereas if one in body but different in mind, they can achieve nothing remarkable."

(Many in Body, One in Mind - The Writings of Nichiren Daishonin, Vol. 1, page 618)Selection source: "Kyo no Hosshin", Seikyo Shimbun, June 29th, 2009

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The Lotus Sutra is the teaching that enables us to become generals* who are ever victorious and never defeated. When we keep the Gohonzon in the centre of our lives and unite joyfully with each other,** there is absolutely no obstacle that we cannot overcome!

Daisaku Ikeda

* The heart of strategy and swordsmanship derives from the Mystic Law. Have profound faith. A coward cannot have any of his prayers answered. (Gosho - The Strategy of the Lotus Sutra, WND-1, Page 1001)

** King Chou of Yin led seven hundred thousand soldiers into battle against King Wu of Chou and his eight hundred men. Yet King Chou’s army lost because of disunity while King Wu’s men defeated him because of perfect unity. Even an individual at cross purposes with himself is certain to end in failure. Yet a hundred or even a thousand people can definitely attain their goal, if they are of one mind. (Gosho - Many in Body, One in Mind, WND -1, Page 618)

scegy

I'm going to SGI center in Trets in august! We had a nice Tozo Daimoku for about 2 hours yesterday with our local chanters and i was leading the ceremony. It was quite a challange although it seems a pretty easy thing to do from a spectator view, after half an hour of chanting i became really tired but i remembered how much encouragement comes from a human chanting infront of you and pulling you aside, so i gathered my forces for another 40 mins + Gongyo and it was awsome to be kind off "naked" like that infront off a group of people. Haven't done that untill yesterday, and i'm glad i was given the oppurtunity!

something that Sensei Ikeda said popped in my head in that half an hour barrier, he said in some interview or something in a response to why does SGI have just one president or something like that, sorry for inaccurate statements-bad memmory. Anyway Ikeda's response was that he believes that every SGI member could become-take a role as SGI president, because he trusts his members. And i felt that trust yesterday.

Have a good and enlightened day!

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Well done Scegy! I think Easy may still be in transition, or I'm sure he'd be saying the same!

Where is our Brother Desi? Are you OK dude? I know this time of year is killer on you with all of the heat.

I hope everyone that hasn't posted for awhile are OK and chanting! I am in the middle of another campaign that started on the heals of the last campaign! I am half way through, and if I can keep it up, I'll finish this million in seven months.

SoCal, Desi, Bonz, you are in my thoughts every day. I hope you are well. Easy, I hope the transition is going well! Good luck! Bud and Mrs.B, seeya ya real soon!

Deepest respect,

T

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
"It has been twenty or more years now since I found myself in that situation and began the great battle. Not once have I thought of retreat."

(The Great Battle - The Writings of Nichiren Daishonin, Vol.2, page 465) Selection source: SGI President Ikeda's lecture series, Seikyo Shimbun, July 2nd, 2009

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
What kind of determination we have in our hearts decides whether we are victorious or not. "I will win, no matter what the circumstances!" By making such an unwavering determination, let's take brave and decisive actions! Let's become people of strong conviction just like lion kings!

Daisaku Ikeda

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
"Worthy persons deserve to be called so because they are not carried away by the eight winds: prosperity, decline, disgrace, honour, praise, censure, suffering, and pleasure."

(The Eight Winds - The Writings of Nichiren Daishonin, Vol.1, page 794) Selection source: "Kyo no Hosshin", Seikyo Shimbun, July 1st, 2009

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
"Practitioners of Nichiren Daishonin's Buddhism must be a beacon for society, and, burning with their mission and enthusiasm, illuminate those around them with the light of hope when the stormy night seems darkest."

SGI Newsletter No. 7808, The New Human Revolution--Vol. 22: Chap. 3, High Seas 31, translated June 30th, 2009

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
"There should be no discrimination among those who propagate the five characters of Myoho-renge-kyo in the Latter Day of the Law, be they men or women. Were they not Bodhisattvas of the Earth, they could not chant the daimoku."

(The True Aspect of All Phenomena - The Writings of Nichiren Daishonin, Vol.1, page 385) Selection source: "Kyo no Hosshin", Seikyo Shimbun, July 3rd, 2009

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
"Daimoku chanted with the resonance, dynamism, and forward momentum of freely flowing water constitutes a winning rhythm. It's important that we chant at an invigorating pace resembling that of a noble steed galloping across the open plains. Daimoku is the driving force for absolute victory."

SGI Newsletter No. 7811, YOUNG WOMEN’S DIVISION COMMEMORATIVE GATHERING--PART 1 [OF 5] Be Cheerful Suns of Happiness, from the June 7th, 2009, issue of the Seikyo Shimbun, translated July 3rd, 2009

Sleepy

Veteran
hello, friends...

hello, friends...

ahhh...enjoying some quiet time here...

just wanted to pop in and say hello to you all, and thanks to all my friends for bestowing upon me this great honor!

:woohoo:

thank you all!!

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Congratulations Sleepy! Thanks for continuing to be a part of Chanting Growers!

Happiest Holiday to all!

Deepest respect,

Thomas (Just for the record, thanks to an EXCESSIVE amount of Daimoku being chanted by my wife and I right now, we are truly living in the Land of Eternally Tranquil Light. The Gohonzon has blessed us with benefit beyond my capacity to desire it! I feel I have actually gained so much wisdom from the struggle of dealing with who I am everyday. How WONDERFUL!!! That is a debt of gratitude I must repay everyday for the rest of my life. Nam-myoho-renge-kyo!)

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
"There is no way that all of you, who chant daimoku to the Gohonzon and earnestly strive for kosen-rufu, will fail to become happy. You will not only enjoy happiness in this lifetime, but eternally throughout the three existences of past, present, and future.

"Real life, however, is filled with an unending series of problems, including such things as financial troubles, sickness, and family disharmony. But even though, at such times, your circumstances may seem unfortunate on the surface, if you keep chanting Nam-myoho-renge-kyo throughout, you will definitely be able to transform all that is negative into something positive in accord with the Buddhist principle of 'changing poison into medicine.' You can ride out every difficulty, turning it into an opportunity for growth. In this sense, it can be said that, on a fundamental level, you have already won.

"Your life could be likened to a play. You may be performing the role of someone suffering right now, but the play is certain to have a happy and triumphant ending. There is no way that it could conclude in misery. You will be able to enjoy happiness in lifetime after lifetime. You will be able to win eternally. So you have nothing to worry about."

SGI Newsletter No. 7811, YOUNG WOMEN’S DIVISION COMMEMORATIVE GATHERING--PART 1 [OF 5] Be Cheerful Suns of Happiness, from the June 7th, 2009, issue of the Seikyo Shimbun, translated July 3rd, 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.