X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PassTheDoobie
    replied
    Originally posted by easyDaimoku View Post

So this thread is focused on the Soka Gakkai International a lay organization of Nichiren Daishonin's Buddhism that doesn't jive with the above referenced flow. No Priests around here, or wolves in sheeps clothing. I have no clue what possesses certain folks to obstruct justice and yet I have mercy for the short sighted post by Honnen. Mercy in the sense that the message's contents should be summarily refuted by directing all participants and observers of this thread to also read the precedant established prior to this page. There is no way that Nichiren Daishonin would ever allow someone to slander Buddhism and society, by allowing them to preach a false Buddhist doctrine. Essentially Honnen's message is incomplete, shallow and inflamatory. There are so many trolls on the internet and this also holds true for those who try and create artificial barriers towards supporting any person in attaining their Buddhahood in this life just as they are.

In ancient times, when the oceans were lower and societies that once flourished have never been known or spoken of in the present, people were not able to end the sufferings of birth and death. Buddhism taught many things and yet Shakymuni still announced that Nichiren would arrive in the latter day of The Law.

"Nichiren expressed the content of Shakyamuni's (the historical founder of Buddhism in India) Lotus Sutra in a form that all people could practice. This form is the invocation of Nam-myoho-renge-kyo, which he defined as the Law implied in the Lotus Sutra.

Whereas the Lotus Sutra is an expression of Shakyamuni's enlightenment to the Law of Life, Nam-myoho-renge-kyo actually is the Law of life, or true essense of life permeating everything in the universe. Nichiren Daishonin interpreted the Lotus Sutra in relation to Nam-myoho-renge-kyo, and taught that this was the ultimate Law that all Buddhist sutras, especially the Lotus Sutra, had sought to express." (www.sgi-usa.org)

Therefore, there is no validity to Honnen's commentary in the sense that it really does not apply to those chanting Nam-myoho-renge-kyo with faith in the Gohonzon (Nichiren life inscribed by him in sumi ink). However, Honnen does prove that the followers of this Buddhism are persecuted, just like Nichiren was, because we are the true practicioners of the Lotus Sutra's intent. In other words, because we chant Nam-myoho-renge-kyo we must also reach out to others and spread this practice far and wide as our means to develop a lasting peace throughout the world. This peace movement, or kosen-rufu, will surely have a beneficial effect for even trolls and slanders. It is because Nichiren even taught his followers, through letters he wrote them, that even those people who slander the Lotus Sutra develop a connection to the Myoho-renge-kyo Buddha (Nichiren) thus enabling them to also (potentially)attain Buddhahood in this lifetime. Who knows if Honnen's karma will ever allow this person to get over their relatively psuedo-inflated Ego, but thats up to them. Meanwhile, I've continued to chant for the success of this thread, our members, guests, participants, observers and your families. When I offer prayers to the members who have passed away you can also guarentee I'm chanting for our deceased relatives.

Whether our connections are through the internet, or face-to-face, lets all continue to refreshen our spirits through daimoku (chanting Nam-myoho-renge-kyo!) and be happy (or happier)! I really mean that, even the sour pusses - gimme a smile! CHEESE!

Let's win with faith, compassion and sincerity. Let's build bridges of friendship, goodwill and trust in our communities (icmag, local, etc.) Let's encourage each other to chant daimoku no matter what.
    Take that refutation and smoke it, Mr. Rogow! Well said Brother!

Mugi-Wasshin Baby! And the proof of Actual Fact!!!

Much love and deepest respect,

Thomas

Leave a comment:

• easyDaimoku
    replied
    Originally posted by PassTheDoobie View Post
    Ha! I recognize this list! Looks like we have attracted a visit from a Kempon Hokke member! And a 3 poster at that! Welcome to the Chanting Growers Group. I suppose you just thought you set that straight, but you didn't. I ask you to please respect the thread and at least be honest about your intent and identity. I am sure it is not to agree with any of our perspectives, based on the source of almost all of the material in here! So you come to be disruptive? Once you show your hand, you’ll be out of here, and that’s not a threat. It’s a promise.

Bowing in humble obeisance,

Thomas
    So this thread is focused on the Soka Gakkai International a lay organization of Nichiren Daishonin's Buddhism that doesn't jive with the above referenced flow. No Priests around here, or wolves in sheeps clothing. I have no clue what possesses certain folks to obstruct justice and yet I have mercy for the short sighted post by Honnen. Mercy in the sense that the message's contents should be summarily refuted by directing all participants and observers of this thread to also read the precedant established prior to this page. There is no way that Nichiren Daishonin would ever allow someone to slander Buddhism and society, by allowing them to preach a false Buddhist doctrine. Essentially Honnen's message is incomplete, shallow and inflamatory. There are so many trolls on the internet and this also holds true for those who try and create artificial barriers towards supporting any person in attaining their Buddhahood in this life just as they are.

In ancient times, when the oceans were lower and societies that once flourished have never been known or spoken of in the present, people were not able to end the sufferings of birth and death. Buddhism taught many things and yet Shakymuni still announced that Nichiren would arrive in the latter day of The Law.

"Nichiren expressed the content of Shakyamuni's (the historical founder of Buddhism in India) Lotus Sutra in a form that all people could practice. This form is the invocation of Nam-myoho-renge-kyo, which he defined as the Law implied in the Lotus Sutra.
    Whereas the Lotus Sutra is an expression of Shakyamuni's enlightenment to the Law of Life, Nam-myoho-renge-kyo actually is the Law of life, or true essense of life permeating everything in the universe. Nichiren Daishonin interpreted the Lotus Sutra in relation to Nam-myoho-renge-kyo, and taught that this was the ultimate Law that all Buddhist sutras, especially the Lotus Sutra, had sought to express." (www.sgi-usa.org)

Therefore, there is no validity to Honnen's commentary in the sense that it really does not apply to those chanting Nam-myoho-renge-kyo with faith in the Gohonzon (Nichiren life inscribed by him in sumi ink). However, Honnen does prove that the followers of this Buddhism are persecuted, just like Nichiren was, because we are the true practicioners of the Lotus Sutra's intent. In other words, because we chant Nam-myoho-renge-kyo we must also reach out to others and spread this practice far and wide as our means to develop a lasting peace throughout the world. This peace movement, or kosen-rufu, will surely have a beneficial effect for even trolls and slanders. It is because Nichiren even taught his followers, through letters he wrote them, that even those people who slander the Lotus Sutra develop a connection to the Nam-myoho-renge-kyo Thus Come One (Nichiren) thus enabling them to also (potentially)attain Buddhahood in this lifetime. Who knows if Honnen's karma will ever allow this person to get over their relatively psuedo-inflated Ego, but thats up to them. Meanwhile, I've continued to chant for the success of this thread, our members, guests, participants, observers and your families. When I offer prayers to the members who have passed away you can also guarentee I'm chanting for our deceased relatives.

Whether our connections are through the internet, or face-to-face, lets all continue to refreshen our spirits through daimoku (chanting Nam-myoho-renge-kyo!) and be happy (or happier)! I really mean that, even the sour pusses - gimme a smile! CHEESE!

Let's win with faith, compassion and sincerity. Let's build bridges of friendship, goodwill and trust in our communities (icmag, local, etc.) Let's encourage each other to chant daimoku no matter what.

Leave a comment:

• PassTheDoobie
    replied
    "Suffer what there is to suffer, enjoy what there is to enjoy. Regard both suffering and joy as facts of life, and continue chanting Nam-myoho-renge-kyo. no matter what happens. How could this be anything other than the boundless joy of the Law? Strengthen your power of faith more than ever."

(Happiness in This World - The Writings of Nichiren Daishonin, Volume 1, page 681) Selection source: Kyo no Hosshin, Seikyo Shimbun, November 10th, 2012

Leave a comment:

• PassTheDoobie
    replied
    "A blue fly, if it clings to the tail of a thoroughbred horse, can travel ten thousand miles, and the green ivy that twines around the tall pine can grow to a thousand feet."

(On Establishing the Correct Teaching for the Peace of the Land - The Writings of Nichiren Daishonin, Volume 1, page 17) Selection source: Kyo no Hosshin, Seikyo Shimbun, November 22nd, 2012

Leave a comment:

• PassTheDoobie
    replied
    "Our beliefs influence our ways of thinking and living our lives. Our religion provides a framework for our way of life. As such, thinking about, investigating, and discussing the relative profundity of a religion is indispensable for attaining happiness. Therein lies the significance of the Soka Gakkai’s efforts to introduce others to Buddhism."

SGI Newsletter No. 8623, The New Human Revolution––Vol. 25: Chap. 4, Bastion of Capable People 31, translated 19th Sep. 2012

Leave a comment:

• PassTheDoobie
    replied
    "Arouse deep faith, and diligently polish your mirror day and night. How should you polish it? Only by chanting Nam-myoho-renge-kyo."

(On Attaining Buddhahood in This Lifetime - The Writings of Nichiren Daishonin, Vol.1, page 4) Selection source: Kyo no Hosshin, Seikyo Shimbun, September 21st, 2012

Leave a comment:

• PassTheDoobie
    replied
    "Believe in this mandala with all your heart. Nam-myoho-renge-kyo is like the roar of a lion. What sickness can therefore be an obstacle?"

(Reply to Kyo'o - The Writings of Nichiren Daishonin, Vol.1, page 412) Selection source: New Human Revolution, Seikyo Shimbun, January 28th, 2013

Leave a comment:

• PassTheDoobie
    replied
    "Persons who are intent upon exercising filial devotion towards their parents should therefore send them the gift of the Lotus Sutra."

(Reply to the Wife of Gyobu Saemon-no-jo - The Writings of Nichiren Daishonin, Vol. 2, page 898) Selection source: Myoji no Gen, Seikyo Shimbun, June 17th, 2012

Leave a comment:

• PassTheDoobie
    replied
    I've now confirmed who Honen is. Here is a post from Honen from another web site that expresses what he really feels about all of us here:

Questions for SGI Leaders on the Chanting Grower's Group

Does everyone smoke a bone before the meeting? Is it required or is it optional? Do you burn incense before the Gohonzon or weed? Does President Ikeda supply snacks for post meeting munchies? Instead of evergreens do you offer fresh cut Sensimilla? Do you have a picture of Daisaku Ikeda or Cheech and Chong on the altar? Do you use Gohonzon water in your bongs? Is everyone’s favorite experience when you chanted long and hard and finally succeeded in finding a rare female marijuana seed? Do you offer marijuana brownies to the Gohonzon? When Danny Nagashima comes to your meetings does he become even more loud and boisterous after a few tokes or does he mellow out?

What kind of compassion does his teaching and understanding bring to him??? You decide.

You should be ashamed of yourself Mark! (But I know you’re not!)

Smiling with compassionate mercy,

Thomas

Leave a comment:

• PassTheDoobie
    replied
    Originally posted by PassTheDoobie View Post

With great confidence and conviction in our chanting let's all write a wonderful "drama" of a victorious life!
    And that's exactly what I intend to continue to do!!!

Bowing in humble obeisance,

T

Leave a comment:

• PassTheDoobie
    replied
    Let's transform our karma into our mission!
    Let's use hardships as a powerful spring board for our advancement.
    Buddhism elucidates the principle of "changing poison into medicine"*.
    With great confidence and conviction in our chanting
    let's all write a wonderful "drama" of a victorious life!

Daisaku Ikeda

* Changing poison into medicine: http://www.sgi.org/buddhism/buddhist...-medicine.html

Leave a comment:

• PassTheDoobie
    replied
    "'When one carries out the single practice of exercising faith in Myoho-renge-kyo, there are no blessings that fail to come to one, and no good karma that does not begin to work on one’s behalf.' - From “Conversation between a Sage and an Unenlightened Man” (WND-1, 133).

"Our efforts to chant and spread Nam-myoho-renge-kyo produce myriad benefits and good causes, which multiply boundlessly when we all unite together in the shared prayer and aspiration for kosen-rufu. Not a single effort we put into our SGI activities is ever wasted.

"That is why it’s important that we bravely move forwards based on faith and practice when we face obstacles or problems. Let’s not forget that we can open the path to victory where we are right now through having the courage to take action."

SGI Newsletter No. 8464, Living the Gosho: Words of Encouragement from SGI President Ikeda, (69) Making Positive Causes through Our Efforts for Kosen-rufu, from the February 24, 2012, issue of the Seikyo Shimbun, translated March 2nd, 2012

Leave a comment:

• PassTheDoobie
    replied
    "Because I have expounded this teaching, I have been exiled and almost killed. As the saying goes, 'Good advice grates on the ear.' But still I am not discouraged."

(The Essentials for Attaining Buddhahood - The Writings of Nichiren Daishonin, Vol.1, page 997) Selection source: Thoughts on the Human Revolution, Feb 8th, 2012

Leave a comment:

• PassTheDoobie
    replied
    "In Buddhist dialogue, it is important to engage with people in a courteous, polite, and compassionate manner, while at the same time preserving a dauntless and dignified attitude."

SGI Newsletter No. 8706, The New Human Revolution––Vol. 26: Chap. 1, Atsuta 39, translated 18th Jan. 2013

Leave a comment:

• PassTheDoobie
    replied
    "When the sun rises in the eastern sky, the light of all the stars fades completely."

(The One-eyed Turtle and the Floating Log - The Writings of Nichiren Daishonin, Volume 1, page 959) Selection source: SGI President Ikeda's guidance, Seikyo Shimbun, February 3rd, 2013

Leave a comment:

Working...
X