Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

!!!!!~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Nam myoho renge kyo~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~!!!!!

~~~~~~~~~~PEACE MY FRIENDS,LIKE THE ROAR OF THE LION!!!!!!!!~~~~~~~~~~

===========================bon z============================= =====
    Bonzo BoUnCeS back...

FREEDOM for BONZ

"When one objectively acknowledges, accepts, and embraces one's weaknesses; they in fact, no longer continue to be that."(PTD)

Comment

Hello Friends!

What would we be doing if we weren't suffering? That is where our real lessons come from. People without sympathy or empathy don't suffer. Life = suffering = growth = balance = beauty

Nam Myoho Renge Kyo!

Comment

Happy to see you HenDoku!

"At what time, what moment, should we ever allow ourselves to forget the compassionate vow of the Buddha, who declared, 'At all times I think of myself: [How can I cause living beings to gain entry into the unsurpassed way and quickly acquire the body of a Buddha]?'"

(Questions and Answers about Embracing the Lotus Sutra - The Writings of Nichiren Daishonin, Vol. 1, page 62) Selection source: SGI President Ikeda's essay, Seikyo Shimbun, December 29th, 2007
        Nam-myoho-renge-kyo!

Comment

Even within Asia, where the concept of karma has a long history and has been incorporated in a wide range of cultures, it is often misunderstood. Viewed from a negative, backward-looking perspective, karma has been used to encourage the disadvantaged members of society to accept their situation in life as being of their own making. Present suffering is attributed to negative causes made in the past.

Considering themselves to blame for their situation, some people have fallen prey to a sense of powerlessness. This is, however, a distortion of the original meaning of karma as it is used in the Buddhist tradition. To accept the idea of karma does not mean to live under a cloud of guilt and vague anxiety, not knowing what bad causes we may have made in the past. Rather, it means to be confident that our destiny is in our own hands and that we have the power to transform it for the better at any moment.

In the simplest terms, karma, which means actions, indicates the universal operation of a principle of causation, similar to that upheld by modern science. Science assures us that everything in the universe exists within the framework of cause and effect. "For every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction," is a familiar principle. The difference between the materialistic causality of science and the Buddhist principle of karma is that the latter is not limited to those things that can be seen or measured. Rather, it includes the unseen or spiritual aspects of life, such as the sensation or experience of happiness or misery, kindness or cruelty. In an address delivered in 1993, SGI President Ikeda described these different approaches. The Buddhist concept of causal relations, he wrote:

...differs fundamentally from the kind of mechanistic causation which, according to modern science, holds sway over the objective natural world--a world divorced from subjective human concerns. Causation, in the Buddhist view, spans a more broadly defined nature, one that embraces human existence. To illustrate, let us assume that an accident or disaster has occurred. A mechanistic theory of causation can be used to pursue and identify how the accident occurred, but is silent regarding the question of why certain individuals should find themselves caught up in the tragic event. Indeed, the mechanistic view of nature requires the deliberate forestalling of such existential questionings.

In contrast, the Buddhist understanding of causation seeks to directly address these poignant "whys?"

Originally, the Sanskrit word karma meant work or office, and was related to verbs that mean simply "do" or "make." According to Buddhism, we create karma on three levels: through thoughts, words and actions. Acts of course have a greater impact than mere words. Likewise, when we verbalize our ideas, this creates more karma than merely thinking them. However, since both words and deeds originate in thoughts, the contents of our hearts--our thoughts--are also of crucial importance.

Karma can be thought of as our core personality, the profound tendencies that have been impressed into the deepest levels of our lives. The deepest cycles of cause and effect extend beyond the present existence; they shape the manner in which we start this life--our particular circumstances from the moment of birth--and will continue beyond our deaths. The purpose of Buddhist practice is to transform our basic life tendency in order to realize our total human potential in this lifetime and beyond.

As one of the ancient Buddhist texts states: "If you want to understand the causes that existed in the past, look at the results as they are manifested in the present. And if you want to understand what results will be manifested in the future, look at the causes that exist in the present."

Karma is thus, like everything, in constant flux. We create our own present and future by the choices we make in each moment. Understood in this light, the teaching of karma does not encourage resignation, but empowers us to become the protagonists in the unfolding drama of our lives.

[ Courtesy January 1999 SGI Quarterly ]
          Last edited by PassTheDoobie; 01-19-2008, 15:00.
          Nam-myoho-renge-kyo!

Comment

Hello friends, another beautiful day. made it home safetly late last night and just finished a great morning gongyo. great to be back in the most beautiful spot on earth. (in my opinion). im with you babba im ready to change this fundamental darkness. but georgialouwho has a point that in buddhism aren't we all really fundamentally light not dark? just my thought for the day. anyway great to be home. chanting more daimoku for the sufferings of all to be realized by the great joy that follows.

Comment

Originally posted by DharmaDawg

...in buddhism aren't we all really fundamentally light not dark?
              Well I think in Buddhism the point is that we are all fundamentally gray. We battle to overcome our fundamental darkness in order to reveal what could be referred to as our innate 'fundamentally light' nature (gampon-no-hossho). However, since fundamental darkness (gampon-no-mumyo) exists in even the Buddha, I think that would make us all gray.

fundamental darkness
              [元品の無明] (Jpn gampon-no-mumyo )

Also, fundamental ignorance or primal ignorance. The most deeply rooted illusion inherent in life, said to give rise to all other illusions. Darkness in this sense means inability to see or recognize the truth, particularly, the true nature of one's life. The term fundamental darkness is contrasted with the fundamental nature of enlightenment, which is the Buddha nature inherent in life. According to the Shrimala Sutra, fundamental darkness is the most difficult illusion to surmount and can be eradicated only by the wisdom of the Buddha. T'ient'ai (538-597) interprets darkness as illusion that prevents one from realizing the truth of the Middle Way, and divides such illusion into forty-two types, the last of which is fundamental darkness. This illusion is only extirpated when one attains the stage of perfect enlightenment, the last of the fifty-two stages of bodhisattva practice. Nichiren (1222-1282) interprets fundamental darkness as ignorance of the ultimate Law, or ignorance of the fact that one's life is essentially a manifestation of that Law, which he identifies as Nam-myoho-renge-kyo. In The Treatment of Illness, Nichiren states: "The heart of the Lotus school is the doctrine of three thousand realms in a single moment of life, which reveals that both good and evil are inherent even in those at the highest stage of perfect enlightenment. The fundamental nature of enlightenment manifests itself as Brahma and Shakra, whereas the fundamental darkness manifests itself as the devil king of the sixth heaven" (WND pg. 1113). Nichiren thus regards fundamental darkness as latent even in the enlightened life of the Buddha, and the devil king of the sixth heaven as a manifestation or personification of life's fundamental darkness. The Record of the Orally Transmitted Teachings reads, "Belief is a sharp sword that cuts off fundamental darkness or ignorance."

fundamental nature of enlightenment
              [元品の法性] (Jpn gampon-no-hossho )

Enlightenment to the fundamental nature of all things and phenomena. It is contrasted with fundamental darkness. Also, the Buddha nature that is inherent in life. See also fundamental darkness.
              Last edited by PassTheDoobie; 01-19-2008, 18:46.
              Nam-myoho-renge-kyo!

Comment

"Little streams come together to form the great ocean, and tiny particles of dust accumulate to form Mount Sumeru. When I, Nichiren, first took faith in the Lotus Sutra, I was like a single drop of water or a single particle of dust in all the country of Japan. But later, when two people, three people, ten people, and eventually a hundred, a thousand, ten thousand, and a million people come to recite the Lotus Sutra and transmit it to others, then they will form a Mount Sumeru of perfect enlightenment, and an ocean of great nirvana. Seek no other path by which to attain Buddhahood!"

(The Selection of the Time - The Writings of Nichiren Daishonin, Vol.1, page 579) Selection source: Gosho for New Year's gongyo meetings, Seikyo Shimbun, January 1st, 2008
                Nam-myoho-renge-kyo!

Comment

"The path of following one's principles is always blocked by daunting obstacles. A new path can only be opened up by overcoming those impediments."

SGI Newsletter No. 7451, The New Human Revolution--Vol. 20: Chap. 3, Ties of Trust 28, translated Jan 9th, 2008
                  Nam-myoho-renge-kyo!

Comment

Good Morning Everyone!,

What an awesome way to start the day! Reading about Karma in the morning will surely put us in the right direction.

For the longest time I felt so detached from my true dreams and true self, as if no one could see me in my true light. That song would loop in my mind that goes, "I'm just a fool whose intentions are good, oh lord, please don't let me be misunderstood." However it goes I just knew that I was not being understood by what was really inside and I'd question the Gohonzon as to when I would be seen in a light that was representative of my Karma. Every obstacle meant to me that it was going to take patience and perseverence and a long term vision. The mountains that I was pushing did not seem to be moving at all. In retrospect, I can see that I took no short cuts, one 100% only. There is a quote from the famous basketball player, Larry Bird, that never left my mind. "If you put one hundred percent in everything you do, everything will work itself out." I try to live every day with the faith that this is true. Things are now way better but the carrot is still dangling in front of me. Society now understands who I am but not everyone yet. Keep striving everyone. Nam Myoho Renge Kyo. It is the journey not the destination. Because this decade is better than the last does not mean that you can sit and rest. Don't let the current pull you back to zero. Push that full wheel-barrow up the hill over and over again. If the tire goes flat push harder. Chant for those that are mean to you and thank them for being your good friend. There is no such thing as guilt and regret. When the mountains we are scaling get to rough and terrifying, we will find a plateau to take a rest and nurse our wounds, and with the rising sun as our guide we will continue to rise to the top. The summits are only brief. Just when you stop to share that you've reached a new level you realize that you had better start to reach deep inside and dig for the strength to continue your journey. I don't want any credit - I just want to help as many people as I can through concentrated, whole-hearted effort. I want to use every molecule of being to create positivity for our universe- for the peace and happiness of every living being. I'm tired already just thinking about it. Let our revolution begin.

I hope everyone has a grand day full of hope for the future.

Your friend forever, Hitman.

In Search of Earth's finest nuggets.

Comment

"In battles soldiers regard the general as their soul. If the general were to lose heart, his soldiers would become cowards."

(The Supremacy of the Law - The Writings of Nichiren Daishonin, Vol. 1, page 613) Selection source: "Kyo no Hosshin", Seikyo Shimbun, January 10th, 2008
                      Nam-myoho-renge-kyo!

Comment

Life can become SO predictable! I can feel that funk clinging like a bad fart on everybody. Ha! Can everyone remember this happening countless times before? Shake off that funk! Funk the funk! It’s funkymental darkness trying to drag your ass down! Me too! Ha! It’s win or lose!

Are we winners or losers? It’s a moment by moment battle, so the key is to keep fighting. How do we fight the funky? Daimoku is the only way.

Replace your weakness with strength. Call forth your Buddha Nature. If you can’t feel it, it’s because you still have too much funk! Shake it off by shaking the Universe. How do we shake? U know……

Much love and deepest respect,

Thomas, fighting the good fight~!
                        Nam-myoho-renge-kyo!

Comment

Babba raises his funk fighting Daimoku saber and fights off the funkydarkness!!!. Lets keep the Daimoku going!! Need to crank out another months worth to keep positive vibes going. I mean .... its just our future happiness So glad we have a chance to chant Daimoku!!
                          Nam Myoho Renge Kyo
                          (Medical Patient In Compliance)

Nam myoho renge kyo !! Mugi wasshin
                          your bud
                          babba

Peace/ Be here now

Babba's Farm L.L.C.

The political views, or conspiracy theories, of icmag ownership, do not reflect my own views and are sole property of the participants

Comment

Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

Just want to take a moment to thank Gypsy and DutchGrown for keeping this site up and giving us a place to meet. Having the site down for a day makes us realize how much this meeting place means to us. Thankyou Gypsy and DG for all the hard work you do to keep this place up and running . You are truly appreciated. Lots of good karma coming your way for this act. Thanks so much !!
                            Nam Myoho Renge Kyo
                            (Medical Patient In Compliance)

Nam myoho renge kyo !! Mugi wasshin
                            your bud
                            babba

Peace/ Be here now

Babba's Farm L.L.C.

The political views, or conspiracy theories, of icmag ownership, do not reflect my own views and are sole property of the participants

Comment

Originally posted by Babbabud
                              Just want to take a moment to thank Gypsy and DutchGrown for keeping this site up and giving us a place to meet. Having the site down for a day makes us realize how much this meeting place means to us. Thankyou Gypsy and DG for all the hard work you do to keep this place up and running . You are truly appreciated. Lots of good karma coming your way for this act. Thanks so much !!
                              Nam Myoho Renge Kyo
                              Babba says it all...me too, thanks, DD
                              Please join me in my 2020 now 2021 Doobie's Still Kicking
                              ...a bunch of new girls 2021
                              https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=369403

Comment

Glad we are all back! Thanks Gypsy and thank you DG! Your alms are a reflection of who you are. Nam-myoho-renge-kyo!

Much love and deep respect!

Thomas
                                Nam-myoho-renge-kyo!

Comment

Working...
                                X