This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by scegy
    hitman, sorry i'm still not into all the expressions, but when i do gongyo i do the daimoku too. or should i color when i do only the daimoku?
    BOG was one of the veterans, i don't know what happened to him, but maybe he just figured out something and went on, because i remember him saying that he's leaving us for an unknown period of time so...something must have happened, so yes if you look through the eyes of a Nichiren believer, you can say it's the bad Gohonzon, but i bet there's more of a story behind this
    but i can clearly see what kind of doubts the printed gohonzon brings, so it's very possible to feel the same in daily life and make a mistake, you know, what goes around comes around, it's life itself, we just happened to be so lucky that we know a guy that had the guts to print out Gohonzon and said **** U bad directions and bad things, i'm gonna concentrate on the Good

not a sientific explanation but good for me, i need my own logic

sleepy, rainy sunday...perfect for a chant
    Who started this fake Gohonzon? Who did this? I have to talk to the people who encouraged BOG, I know who he is, I bought his freakin beanS! I love bogglegum. It's so unique but now it is tainted. I hope BOG returns and tells us that he the real deal. This has definitely affected my get high. I'm not going to revere it as I always have. I'll be sad now when I smoke my Bog.

Scegy please don't be afraid to ask questions that you don't know. If you don't know what a word means then ask someone hear. Daimoku is to chant the words Nam Myoho Renge Kyo. Every fifteen minutes of true daimoku, you don't stop and look around you just focus on an authentic scroll Gohonzon from the organization of SGI. If not you are going to have personal property, copyright Karma that you won't be able to get rid of. You are affecting your son's son's son's by stealing a Gohonzon and then doing daimoku. Daimoku is what those little squares get filled in by. Gongyo, is to recite a prayer from the SGI little booklet from the Lotus Sutra. Do you have a booklet. Is it also a computer print that you've down loaded. Guaranteed that if Bog would have been an authentic member of the Sokka Gokai he would not be in the state he is in now.

Please stop being so stubborn. You're only hurting yourself. You are still trying to justify counterfeiting. The Gohonzon is a pure mirror it is you it is your buddha nature. I know you're not a fake person- I hope that you are not. I need to chant more because you're breaking my heart. You're trying to have your cake and eat it too. You're trying to obtain the fortune without making the cause.

That million daimoku chart will help you make the cause to be an honest, capable individual and it will also speed up the process starting your human revolution. Right now you are stuck but we'll get you unstuck.

Please chant just Nam Myoho Renge Kyo to that vintage authentic , ancient million daimoku chart that has been close to so many true Gohonzons of real members. It is the only thing that's worth anything until you get rid of the counterfeit. Please don't mention that you can print a Gohonzon here. You're going create bad karma for who knows how many people that come here to learn to truly practice. You're playing with fire and screwing up your future. If you don't want to reap the benefits of this mystical law then don't - It's your choice. You are at the trough and no one but you can drink. Please join the young men's division as soon as possible. I'm done-that's it. I can't keep pouring out my insides to you because you are stuck in your way. More senior leaders can help you. I'm just glad you didn't run off and disappear too. We are all just trying to help you but you don' hear us though.

I'll start with today's guidance from a published book from the heart of President Ikeda's buddhist practice of the true law of the universe. Karma ain't nothing to mess with. Save yourself. I'm going to contact the better business burea and try to put a stop to these counterfeit artists who are spreading bad karma around. I know this is not the first time this has happened and I know there is someone out there that can convince you of what is happening. You are never supposed to take a picture of the Gohonzon. I can't believe how long this e-struggle is lasting.

Jan 6- The splendor of the rising sun can truly be appreciated when you have hope for the future. My wish, therefore, is for you who live for the future to live this lifetime always with abundant hope that burns like the sun.
    Last edited by Hitman; 01-06-2008, 13:42.

In Search of Earth's finest nuggets.

Comment

After eating breakfast and supressing the ache with food and coffee I now realize that I sort of lost my patience and I'm sorry scegy. We are all works in progress! I know I am.
      The Steelers lost, more struggles for tommorrows day, everyone is hunger. The concession stand is now open. Faith will help me turn this day in a positive direction. I need to do Morning Daimoku.

Have a nice day everyone. Nam Myoho Renge Kyo!

I need to practice what I preach!

Comment

hey hitman,
        again, I'M NOT ENCOURAGEING anyone to print it out, please get me there

and i'm not convincing myself in any other way believe me, i do have a booklet, which was given to me by a SGI member
        printed with a printer, and translated into our language

and yes you'r right, i've printed out the booklet at first, and it was from the DOWNLOAD section on www.sgi-usa.org, where you can also download the audio gongyo sections and so, says nothing about NOT downloading a copy

i think you'r taking my words to the extreme here, maybe it's the language leap or just me, but i really don't think much beyond the words i put out my mouth(fingers) if i'm talking normally(am not angry or something)

unless you want me to burst another debate about SGI please have patience, I AM ON MY WAY and you'r tickling me

p.s.

hehe hitman, you gave me a good laugh now filled with tears
        Last edited by scegy; 01-06-2008, 15:03.
        Growing every day of our lives
        ~Nam-Myoho~Renge~Kyo~

Comment

Nam Myoho Renge Kyo to you and yours, Scegy! I love your Buddha Nature!

Comment

You're playing with my emotions. I'm going back into my shell and under my rock. I have to go feed everyone. Indica at this point would be real nice. It's tough for me to only have Sativa. Uggggg!

Comment

i hope i haven't hurt u in any way as that wasn't my intention, it's all indica with me man

can someone explain the meaning of Juzu(the bracelet)? kind off a reminder during the prayers? i've searched the net a little but if someone has a personal explanation i'd be happy to read

! Nam Myoho Renge Kyo !
              ~Nam-Myoho~Renge~Kyo~

Comment

Thanks, Sceg, No you haven't. I'm just struggling right now. Too much Sativa and not enough Indica is what I really think I'm going through. I feel exhausted.

Comment

Nam Myoho Renge Kyo!
                  Last edited by Hitman; 01-07-2008, 02:03.

Comment

Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

In the practice of Nichiren Buddhism, we hold juzu beads in our hands while reciting Gongyo and chanting Daimoku. There are 108 beads in the main body, signifying the 108 Earthly DesiresThe 4 smaller beads in the main body represent the 4 Great Bodhisattvas of the Earth….Jogyo, Muhengyo, Jyogyo, and Anryugyo. The 2 large beads at each end of the main body, are the “parent” beads. The “mother” bead, representing “mystic” is on the side with 3 dangles, and is placed over the middle finger of the right hand. The “father” bead, representing “law” is on the side with 2 dangles, and is placed on the middle finger of the left hand. We cross the beads in the middle, which shows our oneness with THE LAW. Also, we cross the beads so our benefits do not fall through our hands and lives. By placing the beads on our hands this way, we are accepting the reality that Buddhahood exists within our lives. When we press our hands together while we hold our juzu beads, our 10 fingers represent the 10 Worlds which fuse together simultaneously in the life of a Buddha, our lives. Our life is now one with the Mystic Law! The one small bead that sits below the “father” bead,represents Absolute Truth. Prior to Nichiren Buddhism, there were only 2 dangles on each end of juzu beads. The third dangle, consisting of 10 beads and a "Kosen-Rufu" bead, on the side of the “mother” was added, actually tied on, to signify Nichiren Buddhism and distinguish it from other sects of Buddhism. On the remaining 4 dangles, there is a differently shaped bead part way down each string. This bead is called the “jar” bead and holds the benefits of our practice. The 5 larger beads at the bottom of each dangle are the“Kosen-Rufu” beads, and represent our desire to spread Nichiren Buddhism, Kosen-Rufu, throughout the World.
                    (this info came from http://myohobeads.com/buddhism/the-h...of-juzu-beads/)

Nam Myoho Renge Kyo
                    Last edited by Babbabud; 01-07-2008, 06:29.
                    (Medical Patient In Compliance)

Nam myoho renge kyo !! Mugi wasshin
                    your bud
                    babba

Peace/ Be here now

Babba's Farm L.L.C.

The political views, or conspiracy theories, of icmag ownership, do not reflect my own views and are sole property of the participants

Comment

And to quickly answer another question PM'ed to me by my good friend, here is the link to an explaination of the characters on the Nichikan Shonin Gohonzon:

http://www.sgi-usa.org/buddhism/libr...on/meaning.htm
                      Nam-myoho-renge-kyo!

Comment

I think enough has been said about scegy’s decision to make clear how we feel about it. As I already said, I feel personally responsible for not having talked about the subject earlier, but at the time I didn’t want to acknowledge such an option, which is really not an option, but rather a mistake that I tried protecting people from making. If one were to go back into the thread, you’ll see how many times I alluded to this, without clearly just coming out and acknowledging that “You could do it this way, but don’t.”

That was my mistake. I failed to protect scegy, by trying to avoid a controversial subject. And I sincerely apologize.

And I also think it best to express how amused a Nichiren Shoshu priest or lay believer would be to hear folks referring to anything but an SGI bestowed Gohonzon as counterfeit or fake. That is exactly what they say about the Nichikan Shonin Gohonzon the SGI now confers as part of it’s activities to accomplish kosen-rufu. Never once in my response to scegy did I refer to his Gohonzon as fake or counterfeit.

I objectively conveyed my personal sentiments based on pondering this issue for the sake of my own faith. Frankly I came to these conclusions myself. They are in no way influenced by the SGI. As I said, scegy has obligated himself to that piece of paper and should understand that. This isn’t something that anyone should do in my opinion in that IT IS ALREADY HARD ENOUGH TO FIGHT THE DEVIL OF THE SIXTH HEAVEN FOR THE PERIOD OF “THE REST OF YOUR LIFE”.

Why would any intelligent individual want to make it harder? It doesn’t’ make you more pure to make it harder. There is NOTHING one gives up as far individuality is concerned by being an SGI member. There is nothing you give up! Period!!!

Look at me! I’m the living example of that. I don’t write about it for security reasons, but if one were to think that I am not VERY involved in my local SGI activities, they would be mistaken.

When our Buddha Nature is truly activated, and our disposition and wisdom are not an act or attempt to show how smart we are—when we strive to live with genuine compassion—people will always become attracted. It’s the Law of the Universe. It is nothing more than this truth at work in how people view and are attracted to Daisaku Ikeda.

Scegy now knows how we feel. Everyone has expressed gut-felt personal perspectives. Let’s leave scegy’s decision alone and let scegy do what scegy will ultimately do. As many times as I thought he was going to, he has never let me down. I trust him to do the right thing.

He isn’t the only one reading this thread that had this question. I know that.

I bow in obeisance to you all!

Thomas
                        Last edited by PassTheDoobie; 01-07-2008, 16:37.
                        Nam-myoho-renge-kyo!

Comment

babba thank you for the explanation, i'll have to dive into that in my head after i'm done with the Gohonzon issues

thomas, all i can say is wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooooooooooooooohoooo ooooooooooooooooooo
                          oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooo!!!!
                          thank you for being there with me, i respect you for that
                          ~Nam-Myoho~Renge~Kyo~

Comment

Nam Myoho Renge Kyo!

Comment

Thank you,T. That is just what I was looking for. Check out that link from above, everyone.

Bubba, Thanks for the explanation of the beads. Real nice.

Let's grow together, Sceg!

Have a great day everybody.

Comment

ok guys things are moving on

as i did my gongyo and i started daimoku after i felt like a whore looking at my printed gohonzon, i tried to continue but i felt even more of a jerk so i stopped and put the printed gohonzon away. As i chanted without the Gohonzon things were definetly more difficult, i had the will to chant for 30 mins then i stopped, usually when i chanted to gohonzon these days i went for an hour at least(still wanting more, like hunger towards women or weed), every time. i can feel the emptyness, and yes guys, this is what i wanted to feel, that's why i had the power to do the next step....

next i summuned my powers and i called my sgi mentor and explained a little why have i isolated myself from them for so much time. Suprisingly his first reaction was a little stunned when i called him but in the next second he was the same as i've met him the first time. calm, modest, and kind
                                i told him about the gohonzon and i'm meeting them on wendnesday after the classes. Looking forward seeing them again and hearing how their stories evolved.

Always prey the good thoughts that wonder in your head, thought to myself

I love you Beings of the Universe!
                                Last edited by scegy; 01-07-2008, 13:20.
                                ~Nam-Myoho~Renge~Kyo~

Comment

Working...
                                X