Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

From WND, On Attaining Buddhahood, written to Toki Jonin, official of the military tribunal at Kamakura, 1255.

What then does myo signify? It is simply the mysterious nature of our lives from moment to moment, which the mind cannot comprehend nor words express. When you look into your own mind at any moment, you perceive neither color nor form to verify that it exists. Yet you still cannot say it does not exist, for many differing thoughts continually occur to you. Life is indeed an elusive reality that transends both the words and concepts of existence and non-existence. It is neither existence nor non-existence, yet exhibits the qualities of both. It is the mystic entity of the Middle Way that is the reality of all things. Myo is the name given to the mystic nature of life and ho to its manifestations.

Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

GeorgialouWho

ps great posts hitman and I agree with you wholeheartedly those Japanese Pioneer Women Rock; they truly are the spiritual warriors! WOOHOO

Comment

You're welcome, Georgialouwho, have a wonderful day!

You're welcome, Bubbabud.

Bonzo, nice experience, you made it happen for New Years!

I'm going to do morning gongyo and chant for my district leaders of the world.

We're all striving together!

Today's guidance- Jan 3- You have to face some challeges, no matter what the undertaking, in order to open a path in life. If you have stopped fighting against evil or no longer wage a battle for justice, your spirit is no longer youthful.

I was so up at the meeting last night that now I am at the bottom again this morning. Self doubt is trying to turn me into mush. I'm going to think of you all for the strength to succeed today. There is nowhere to hide - full speed ahead- scared or not- Like a Lion!

In Search of Earth's finest nuggets.

Comment

hello hitman

i did have simmilar experiences, i wrote them down a few pages ago, but deleted them since there was some confusion of what i was trying to say
        and i had a lot of them since i'm chanting, even more since i'm chanting regularry
        i really do understand all that u'r saying and u'r right about most of it(couldn't think of what was wrong)

but still, why nobody answears the money question?or am i beating the wrong stone?
        is this unimportant for you to know? i don't have a reasonable doubt that any of the SGI members is lying, but that's why i'm asking you how things actually work since i don't know much about the administrative work in sgi?

still and will roar like the lion no matter what!
        Last edited by scegy; 01-03-2008, 11:45.
        Growing every day of our lives
        ~Nam-Myoho~Renge~Kyo~

Comment

Morning Scegy, nice to hear from you. It doesn't seem like the District leaders are getting paid. They all have other jobs. It's not an employer, the SGI, it's a not for profit religious organization throughout the world. One thing's for certain, a basket has never been passed.

Chant for your life and don't worry about everybody else. That is what I am trying to do personally. You have to take the good with the bad even with the distict leaders. That is why they are in that position. Their evolution would be way slower if they were not put into bigger shoes.

Check it out. Some organizations want you to hang your Gohonzon without a Butsadon. That is strange and disrespectful and you shouldn't have to put a hole in your wall either. We have to do what you feel is right and be honorable and respectful

Have a nice day, Scegy and everyone else. I look forward to reading your posts.

Comment

Big Hugs and Kisses for all my friends here! HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Originally posted by scegy

still and will roar like the lion no matter what!
            First of All, I wish everyone a Happy New Year.

Scegy, what the **** are you doing brother? You want to start off the year building foundations of doubt or faith? You sir are a borderline dude and need to get away from the computer and experience life for yourself and stop asking for "Cheat Sheets", if you have enough gumption to download Gohonzons you should also be bold enough to enter a community center. Be careful dude, I'm doing my best here on my end to practice as best I can and I had to tell you that, you better realize I say things with love here on the thread and Thomas reflects truth in his posts. Be very careful amigo, looks like your looking to slap yourself and I hope you get it out of your system and move forward. The KEYWORD IN THIS THREAD (among others) is FAITH.

Faith is key.

Here is a special quote to begin an awesome new year:

While deluded, one is called a common mortal, but once enlightened, he is called a Buddha. Even a tarnished mirror will shine like a jewel if it is polished. A mind which presently is clouded by illusions originating from the innate darkness of life is like a tarnished mirror, but once it is polished it will become clear, reflecting the enlightenment of immutable truth. Arouse deep faith and polish your mirror night and day How should you polish it? Only by chanting Nam-myoho-renge-kyo.

What then does myo signify? It is simply the mysterious nature of our lives from moment to moment, which the mind cannot comprehend or words express. When you look into your own mind at any moment, you perceive neither color nor form to verify that it exists. Yet you still cannot say it does not exist, for many differing thoughts continually occur to you. Life is indeed an elusive reality that transcends both the words and concepts of existence and nonexistence. It is neither existence nor nonexistence, yet exhibits the qualities of both. It is the mystic entity of the Middle Way that is the reality of all things. Myo is the name given to the mystic nature of life, and ho to its manifestations.

Renge, the lotus flower, symbolizes the wonder of this Law Once you realize that your own life is the Mystic Law, you will realize that so are the lives of all others. That realization is the mystic kyo, or sutra. It is the king of sutras, the direct path to enlightenment, for it explains that the entity of our minds, from which spring both good and evil, is in fact the entity of the Mystic Law. If you have deep faith in this truth and chant Myoho-renge-kyo, you are certain to attain Buddhahood in this lifetime (The Major Writings of Nichiren Daishonin, vol. 1, pp. 4-5)

Comment

Originally posted by scegy

but still, why nobody answears the money question?
              Sorry scegs, but with six kids out of school, I won't have a chance to post that until tomorrow.

Thanks for the PM!

T
              Nam-myoho-renge-kyo!

Comment

hello hitman and myoho brother

hitman i'm just wondering whose money built SGI centers around the world, i mean there are 30 or more just in middle america, and someone must pay the bills etc.

my faith grows if doubts are cleared, and i know every each of us has his own truth and i respect that
                i don't "care" about new years wishes and so on, i do what i have to do, every day, and think off it every day, not just once a year so, for me the start was long long long time ago, i can't see the end though

now this pressure around me because i'm asking those question gives me even more questions than fear

i mean i feel like i ask another thing about ikeda or SGI i will be no longer welcome here.

tell me this, the real and reasonable cause for ikeda rewriting nichiren words is to make things closer to today's world and to ppl that don't know all the expressions used here(me including), what do you think?

in the end i don't wanna fight with no one here, i will find my way without someone being pissed at me because i'm searching my VERY reasonable doubts, considering what's happening with most religions today

so if you kick me out, know that i'm gratefull to everything you gave me here and i will continue to chant no matter what or who or where untill i find something that i agree more with

i must say i am dissapointed not being answeared to my questions, so if you find me a dick because i'm asking all that, i just don't know how to accept that, but i've seen it on tv lot's of times,
                so you see my faith towards Nichiren is now as strong as faith in Jesus, i feel and know they were right and someone always tried to use that in one or another way... i just realized now that i never really bought into my parrent's talk about jesus and all that being a joke and stupid etc. i always felt he is a sane man, but abused through the man's history by others

p.s. to thomas
                i know i'm giving you a lot to nibb on, i guess i'll ask my second mentor in real what's the deal with all this

and yes myoho u'r right, i gotta start living this way too without a fear, like i do most of the things...an you'r so wrong brother, i'm not trying to cheat, honest just being careful
                Last edited by scegy; 01-03-2008, 17:39.
                Growing every day of our lives
                ~Nam-Myoho~Renge~Kyo~

Comment

You must spread Karma before you can give it to EasyMyohoDisco. I was just back reading and came across your experience and how many wonderful things you are doing. Easy - You are very encouraging. I liked how that man was like what are you doing here and the next thing you were doing was conferring peoples' Gohonzon. Next thing you'll be doing Gojakai! Keep it up, all the great work. I'm going to chant for your Mom.

Comment

To Scegy

So now I'm caught up. First of all I'd like to say like the originator of this thread says, "I bow in obediance to you all."

We all have fear and we all have to stand up to it. I wouldn't be printing a Gohonzon whatsoever. You'd have to touch all over it and it's not an ornament. It comes from SGI. I'm sure if you asked your district leaders these questions you'd sure find the answer. Just the other night at the community center I heard said that if you have questions ask district leader.

President Ikeda who was given the torch by President Toda was not given confidence from the Japanese people. Some said that the SGI would be gone. But Ikeda created all over the world through his humanistic love for all people treasure towers or community centers. Faith and perseverence is what drove him. Toda recorded the writings, all of them of Makiguchi, and Ikeda wrote the writings, well his wife did, she's stay up until 4 in the morning, of Toda.

Yes the community centers take money to exist. President Ikeda is published all over the world in many, many languages. The World Tribune, which you study is given to you- a subscription, only 1 year, with your Membership and Gohonzon. Like any magazine they are published and sold. I'm trying not to be condescending or patronizing in any way shape or form. Even though sansho shima, which are or is negative forces that do not want us do any good would like me to do a www smackdown on my computer.

The first step towards enlightenment is that you see the good, the potential, the love in all people and you want to save them. That's humanism. That's what makes President Ikeda so lovable, so pure. He wouldn't hurt an ant's feeling. He raises both hands and puts his arms up with peace signs and you can see how he was able in 60 years to create a world force for Kosen Rufu- World Peace. The happiness of all living beings. Ya I know it's sounds wishy washy and idealistic and Utopic but it may happen if I, and you and all of us strive to do this through our own human revolution. How do you make tommorrow better than today. My boss is on my ass and I'm scared shitless. But I have all of you and we have eachother. Sorry to go veer off. Museums are opening around the world dedicated to Peace which is now being seen as most imperative element of our existence. Peace is necessary and until we take the killing out of us then we ain't never going to get there. Ikeda said that his accomplishments from age sixty to eighty were above and beyond his wildest dreams. He is seeing his on mortality. He said recently on a film that they showed that he is so honored to die for this cause. He said that he will go to eternity chanting Nam Myoho Renge Kyo and fighting for Peace.

One time I was chanting out of a window, the window was closed, I was just looking outside. I was kneeling down chanting Nam Myoho Renge Kyo and all of a suddent all these animals came to the window. There were a couple squirrels and different types of birds, pigeons and sparrows and blackbirds or whatever kind they were and they were looking into the window. That's how I know it is Mystical Law of the Universe. They came for the lovely sound. There are things going on that we can't explain. What can we do. I know it affects my environment when I chant and it pulls in what I need. Yes that may happen anyway but not in a manner that it happens when you chant. You are protected by the buddhist Gods when you chant. I have to go chant because I don't even know if anyone is listening anymore. Peace- Beware of Bootleg Gohonzons that just slander the Law of Cause and Effect. The Cause you make is the Effect you get. That is why I love that quote that if you want to see what cause was made in the past then you have to look at todays effects and if you want to see what tommorrow's effects will be look at today's causes. PTD will write it out for you if you don't get it. I just try to keep PTD from losing his temper because he is such a passionate role model-leader. You know he has made some awesomely good cause because look at how we are together! We all had the fortune to meet eachother through PTD's efforts. I'll never forget it! Him and My mom mentioned that they chanted and they both were from back in the days and it was so mystical because my mom smiled and was so happy! You'll have to excuse me for a moment, it's hard for me to say it.

Nam-Myoho-Renge-Kyo- No one is kicking you away, Scegy, it's just that we are trying to give the best encouragement we can- tough love!

I remember when you first came to the thread and mentioned Christ and I'm not saying you shouldn't study Christianity. Some believe you can't. Old old school wouldn't hang Christmas decorations or do anything to compete with the Gohonzon and their buddhist faith. I love Santa Claus and decorations. I was raised around many religions and I respect them all. I went to a church a couple of years ago with a friend and it was an experience that I'll always remember. I saw people being baptized and the preacher spoke and there were things that rubbed me the wrong way like repeated body and blood analogies but overall I respected the people for their sincerety and kindness who welcomed me into a glimpse of their world and accepted me. All religions accept others. You've never heard of anyone saying "Leave my church!". I listened and was humble but one thing is certain, I couldn't wait to get home and chant Nam Myoho Renge Kyo! The one that I have seen actual proof! Actual proof is like wo! It has to do with the inseperability of one with his or her environment. No church ever talked about the environment and the universe. Dominant themes occurred but of a entire different nature.

Nam Myoho Renge Kyo truely transcends past present and future. 7 generations back seven generation forward is how I picture. Every direction of the compass like a gyroscope. If you think we are the only civilization to have come to existence through the right conditions it doesn't make sense. We are somehow connected and exist again and again and again. Hell is a state in ourselves. Each moment, each milisecond we can take the high or the lower road. It is up to us what we want to be to do and be and one false move can ripple through our lives forever. How do you explain Karma? Why is that we have recurring problems no matter where we go. It is from our past lives. We are paying back for our past bad cause. If you always have people trying to take from you- then you definitely took from others in a past existence. Why is it that I always have to see animals getting abuse no matter where I live. There is always someone who abuses or mistreats an animal and acts like they don't know or care. I have to be the one to experience though. It's like I can't get away from it? That is my Karma! Sadly enough I did some wrong stuff to animals in a past existence and I have evolved from it. You always see things as a barometer around you. I have so much love for animals and I don't want anything to ever happen to any of them. I have evolved in that way. If anyone thinks that what I'm saying is hogwash feel free to advise. Maybe you see it a different way and could help me. All I know is Karma ain't nothin to mess with.

I'm just so glad to have everyone to talk to. If I didn't I might go freaking insane.
                    Nam Myoho Renge Kyo Nam Myoho Renge Kyo Nam Myoho Renge Kyo Nam Myoho Renge Kyo Nam Myoho Renge Kyo Nam Myoho Renge Kyo Nam Myoho Renge Kyo Nam Myoho Renge Kyo Nam Myoho Renge Kyo Nam Myoho Renge Kyo Nam Myoho Renge Kyo Nam Myoho Renge Kyo Nam Myoho Renge Kyo Nam Myoho Renge Kyo Nam Myoho Renge Kyo Nam Myoho Renge Kyo Nam Myoho Renge Kyo Nam Myoho Renge Kyo Nam Myoho Renge Kyo to infinity!
                    Last edited by Hitman; 01-04-2008, 00:20.

Comment

Hitman, I am listening and what you say is loud and clear. you have a tremendous heart and it is my good fortune to know you from this thread. Keep on keepin on!!!

Nam Myoho Renge Kyo
                      SoCal

Comment

Hitman just walked in from a tough day at work and your post was fabulous. Thanks so much my friend. You are a true Bodhisattva of the Earth
                        Nam Myoho Renge Kyo
                        (Medical Patient In Compliance)

Nam myoho renge kyo !! Mugi wasshin
                        your bud
                        babba

Peace/ Be here now

Babba's Farm L.L.C.

The political views, or conspiracy theories, of icmag ownership, do not reflect my own views and are sole property of the participants

Comment

"You must not for one instant give up the effort to build new lives for yourselves. Creativity means to push open the heavy, groaning doorway to life. This is not an easy struggle. Indeed, it may be the most difficult task in the world, for opening the door to your own life is, in the end, more difficult than opening the doors to the mysteries of the universe."

"It is when we think that we've done enough that we become careless and negligent.
                          This is exactly when the enemy strikes. It is not the enemy without that we should fear, but our inner enemies -- our own spiritual weakness and laxity."

"Sufferings are an inescapable part of our lives, which are subject to the absolute rule of birth, aging, sickness and death.
                          Worldly honors and riches all fade eventually, and the smirks of the mighty will be forever extinguished without a trace.
                          They are destined to wander in darkness, a realm of gloom and lifeless dust.
                          But we have that magnificent moment of life that is prayer. A boundless horizon of hope and victory unfolds before me as I look at the future.
                          I have no fear. Leading my life with a deep and solemn conviction, I fear nothing.
                          I pursue life’s highest course by embracing faith in the Mystic Law. There, the fresh winds of victory blow and the banner of triumph and happiness flies proudly.
                          Today again, I will turn back defeat. For the sake of all, I will live out each day as a champion of good health.
                          Life is to be lived with joy, not spent in sadness and sorrow.
                          I do not live to suffer but to accomplish a grand purpose, embraced in solid, enduring happiness!"

"Live in a way that is full of life… for yourself, for your loved ones, for your friends.
                          People who do so will find the courage to transform sufferings into hopes.
                          Not only that, but they will be able to light the lamp of hope in the hearts of many others, as well."

Daisaku Ikeda
                          SoCal

Comment

Thanks Bubba and So-Cal,
                            I love your Buddha Nature Too!

Nam Myoho Renge Kyo!

Comment

Wow, I just read it again, SoCal. Real nice! I can hear that big iron door!

Comment

This evening gongyo is truly for all of you!
                                Nam Myoho Renge Kyo! I got out the bell! How many times do you ring it? Is there a preferred rhythm or number. I go in unison with the Nam Myoho Renge Kyo and a final 7th time. So it's like 123457)))))))) ) ) ) . . . . (soundwaves)

Comment

Working...
                                X