What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Chanting Growers Group

Status
Not open for further replies.
E

EasyMyohoDisco

YAY

YAY

I did it! I got the job! Best paying job ever for me and the increase in pay is more than I expected from my plan of action. I was only chanting for meaningful work and also for a job that would be the best for me to do more for kosen-rufu. I also had a great interview today for a more local job, but less money. I'm so happy from chanting so much since I lost my job and will work on transcribing part 3 of 3 (of the study presentation) ASAP!

Thank you for youR daimoku! The Buddha beats all recessions and depressions! Nothing like actual proof!!!

Nam-myoho-renge-kyo!

Last edited:

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
We of the SGI, have transcended national borders to be united as like-minded people, sharing our faith since time without beginning!* Let us illuminate the entire world with the brilliant light of the Buddhism of the Sun!**

Daisaku Ikeda

* "In the past we formed a relationship with the Lotus Sutra; in fact, we have been Bodhisattvas of the Earth since the remote past. That is why we have embraced the Mystic Law in this existence. And the same will be true in the future as well. We are eternal friends and comrades." Wisdom of the Lotus Sutra (28) - The Teaching for This Lifetime Versus the Eternal Teaching.

* The SGI Training course officially started on March 3rd, 2009, with members from 60 countries and territories coming together in Tokyo.

** Nichiren Daishonin's Buddhism is referred to as the Buddhism of the Sun. The Gosho states: "The moon appears in the west and sheds its light eastwards, but the sun rises in the east and casts its rays to the west. The same is true of Buddhism. It spreads from west to east in the Former and Middle Days of the Law, but will travel from east to west in the Latter Day." (WND-1, 401).

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
We of the SGI, have transcended national borders to be united as like-minded people, sharing our faith since time without beginning!* Let us illuminate the entire world with the brilliant light of the Buddhism of the Sun!**

Daisaku Ikeda

* "In the past we formed a relationship with the Lotus Sutra; in fact, we have been Bodhisattvas of the Earth since the remote past. That is why we have embraced the Mystic Law in this existence. And the same will be true in the future as well. We are eternal friends and comrades." Wisdom of the Lotus Sutra (28) - The Teaching for This Lifetime Versus the Eternal Teaching.

* The SGI Training course officially started on March 3rd, 2009, with members from 60 countries and territories coming together in Tokyo.

** Nichiren Daishonin's Buddhism is referred to as the Buddhism of the Sun. The Gosho states: "The moon appears in the west and sheds its light eastwards, but the sun rises in the east and casts its rays to the west. The same is true of Buddhism. It spreads from west to east in the Former and Middle Days of the Law, but will travel from east to west in the Latter Day." (WND-1, 401).

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
"We can't open the way to global kosen-rufu without expending our full energies and devoting ourselves completely."

SGI Newsletter No. 7727, The New Human Revolution--Vol. 22: Chap. 2, Currents 5, translated March 3rd, 2009

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
"(Tell them to be prepared for the worst, and) not to expect good times, but take the bad times for granted."

(On Persecutions Befalling the Sage - The Writings of Nichiren Daishonin, page 998) Selection source: "Kyo no Hosshin", Seikyo Shimbun, March 4th, 2009

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
"The path to achieving kosen-rufu and one's personal human revolution is to be found in continual, wholehearted struggle and arduous effort. In the words of Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821), 'Success can only be achieved through hard work.'"

SGI Newsletter No. 7727, The New Human Revolution--Vol. 22: Chap. 2, Currents 6, translated March 3rd, 2009

scegy

DISco: victory shall be ours! i'm happy for you, make your best of it! still in my chants my friends

~Nam~Myoho~Renge~Kyo~​

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
"In the light of the above points, this shows, my followers, that you had better cut short your sleep by night and curtail your leisure by day, and ponder this! You must not spend your lives in vain and regret it for ten thousand years to come."

(The Problem to Be Pondered Night and Day - The Writings of Nichiren Daishonin, Vol.1, page 622) Selection source: "Kyo no Hosshin", Seikyo Shimbun, March 6th, 2009

Desiderata

Bodhisattva of the Earth
Veteran
Winter Always Turns to Spring!

Winter Always Turns to Spring!

I did it! I got the job! Best paying job ever for me and the increase in pay is more than I expected from my plan of action. I was only chanting for meaningful work and also for a job that would be the best for me to do more for kosen-rufu. I also had a great interview today for a more local job, but less money. I'm so happy from chanting so much since I lost my job and will work on transcribing part 3 of 3 (of the study presentation) ASAP!

Thank you for youR daimoku! The Buddha beats all recessions and depressions! Nothing like actual proof!!!

Nam-myoho-renge-kyo!

:woohoo: You did it bro!!!

----------------------------------------------------
Chapter 65, p.535, WND1

To the lay nun Myoichi:

If the sun and moon were not in the heavens, how could plants and trees not grow? Human beings have both a father and a mother. It is hard for children to grow up when even one parent is missing. Your husband had to leave behind a daughter, a son who is ill, and you, their mother, who suffers from a poor constitution. To whom could he have entrusted his family before leaving this world?

At the time of his extinction, the World-Honored One of Great Enlightenment lamented, "Now I am about to enter nirvana. The only thing that worries me is King Ajatashatru." Bodhisattva Kashyapa then asked him, "Since the Buddha's mercy is impartial, your regret in dying should stem from compassion for all living beings. Why do you single out only King Ajatashatru?" The Buddha replied, "Suppose that a couple has seven children, one of whom falls ill. Though the parents love all their children equally, they worry most about the sick child." Tien-t'ai, commenting on this sutra passage in his 'Great Concentration and Insight', said, "Even if the parents of seven children are never partial, they are still particulary concerned about the sick one." In essence, the sutra is saying that, even if there are many children, the parents' hearts are with the child who is ill. TO THE BUDDHA, ALL LIVING BEINGS ARE HIS CHILDREN. Among them, the sinful man who slays his own parents and becomes an enemy of the Buddha and the sutras is like the sick child.

Hi Everybody!!! This helps me understand a few things going on around me.....in my siblings children, in my relationships with others, and me. Nichiren's Writings are full circle for sure.

I will be taking WND1 with me to the hospital this monday morn for a carotid artery roto/rooter 90% blockage, only on my right side, operation....very routine these days......don't want a full blown stroke.....I ain't ready for the junkyard yet!

Everyday, I chant for all of you First on my dog walks! Pass, Easy, Bud, SoCal, Scegy, Sleepy, Hit, Bonz, Pay, Mrs. B', and then I chant for the rest of the family........everyday, everyday.

All my Love, Desi!

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
"Of course it's important to chant daimoku and do your best in Gakkai activities. But if you only focus on your Buddhist practice without making an honest effort at your workplace, you're just escaping from reality. So long as you have that attitude, the results will be the same, no matter where you work.

"Mr. Toda used to say: 'In faith, do the work of one; in your job, do the work of three.' That's the way of life for Gakkai members. And Nichiren Daishonin writes: 'Regard your service to your lord as the practice of the Lotus Sutra' (WND-1, 905). In other words, regard your work as your practice of the Lotus Sutra and throw yourself into it wholeheartedly. When you strive to become the best person in your workplace and win the trust of your employer and fellow employees, while at the same time making an earnest
effort to practise Buddhism, you'll grow as a person. That's what I did. I worked until midnight day after day in order to keep Mr. Toda's businesses running."

SGI Newsletter No. 7729, The New Human Revolution--Vol. 22: Chap. 2, Currents 8, translated March 6th, 2009

Desiderata

Bodhisattva of the Earth
Veteran
Oh, BTW, the "Three Poisons,........The Source of the Problem", "T", really, really, hit me like a ton of bricks. It just gets deeper everytime I read it,........thankyou so much!!!

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
:woohoo:

Hi Everybody!!! This helps me understand a few things going on around me.....in my siblings children, in my relationships with others, and me. Nichiren's Writings are full circle for sure.

I will be taking WND1 with me to the hospital this monday morn for a carotid artery roto/rooter 90% blockage, only on my right side, operation....very routine these days......don't want a full blown stroke.....I ain't ready for the junkyard yet!

Everyday, I chant for all of you First on my dog walks! Pass, Easy, Bud, SoCal, Scegy, Sleepy, Hit, Bonz, Pay, Mrs. B', and then I chant for the rest of the family........everyday, everyday.

All my Love, Desi!

Shit Desi! You must have added this as an edit after your original posting! No matter how standard the procedure, please know we will all be chanting for you man!!! Get in lots of Daimoku this weekend! We need you here Desi, so get through this asap! Be well my Brother! We Love and respect you!!!!

Nam-myoho-renge-kyo!!!!!

Thomas

Babbabud

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Nam myoho renge kyo
Know that our Daimoku is always with you Desi !
Nam myoho renge kyo

Babbabud

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Nam myoho renge kyo

The Writings of Nichiren Daishonin, page 1027. .

The Buddha taught that the blessings of a single offering to the votary of this sutra are a hundred, thousand, ten thousand, million times greater than those of offering countless treasures to Shakyamuni Buddha for eighty million kalpas. When one encounters this sutra, one will overflow with happiness and shed tears of joy. It seems impossible to repay one's debt to Shakyamuni Buddha. But by your frequent offerings to me deep in this mountain you will repay the merciful kindness of both the Lotus Sutra and Shakyamuni Buddha. Strive ever harder in faith, and never give in to negligence.

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
"Bound as we common mortals are by earthly desires, we can instantly attain the same virtues as Shakyamuni Buddha, for we receive all the benefits that he accumulated. The sutra reads, 'Hoping to make all persons equal to me, without any distinction between us.'"

(Letter to the Sage Nichimyo - The Writings of Nichiren Daishonin, Vol.1, page 323) Selection source: SGI President Ikeda's lecture on Gosho and Mentor and Disciple, Seikyo Shimbun, March 7th, 2009

Payaso

Original Editor of ICMagazine
Veteran
WoW, my new friend Desi...thanks for letting us know what is going on - we are thinking of you and chanting...
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

Status
Not open for further replies.