Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

December 24 - The Community centers of the Soka Gakkai were at first very small. Nevertheless, the Gohonzon- the cluster of immeasurable benefits- was enshrined in each. Also, we were able to witness many activities, based upon pure and strong faith. For these reasons, our small community centers, which were actually precious "treasure castles," later developed into many splendid community centers throughout Japan and the entire world.

Daisaku Ikeda Volume 4
    Last edited by Hitman; 12-24-2007, 17:38.

In Search of Earth's finest nuggets.

Comment

Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

When we do Gongyo and chant daimoku, we conduct a ceremony in which we praise the Gohonzon and the great Law of Nam-myoho-renge-kyo. On one level, it could be said that Gongyo is a poem or a song of the highest and utmost praise for the Buddha and for Nam-myoho-renge-kyo, the fundamental law of the universe. At the same time, when we do Gongyo, we praise the eternal life of the universe and the world of Buddhahood in our own lives.

From SGI-USA Study Curriculum, Lectures on the Hoben and Juryo Chapters of the Lotus Sutra, Lecture 1. by SGI President Daisaku Ikeda

Nam Myoho Renge Kyo
      (Medical Patient In Compliance)

Nam myoho renge kyo !! Mugi wasshin
      your bud
      babba

Peace/ Be here now

Babba's Farm L.L.C.

The political views, or conspiracy theories, of icmag ownership, do not reflect my own views and are sole property of the participants

Comment

Happy Birthday Bud! Your very fortunate to have such great grand-baby time, they're the future Babbas! Glad you enjoyed, really happy about it actually.

My friends, This is a great time to be alive (everyday), today we get such a rare opportunity to embrace this lovely day (just like everyday) and really do all we can to make the best of it. I came to the thread today to catch up on the posts and feel "HELLA ENCOURAGED!" F*CK YEAH! High Fives all around to all my people here, hahahaha, I really love you guys very much.

Bonz, Thomas has told me you have to use (employ) others in shakubuku, its not a one man show and if you incorporate other members in the mix, the "life to life connection(s)" forged create a more fruitful environment. Lately I've been telling my kosen-rufu partners out here in my neck of the woods to involved me in their shakubuku efforts as I have tried and will continue to work with them also to try and facilitate via any positive meanings a more thorough understanding of our practice and how it applies to another individual.

I went to the center yesterday to buy a Butsudan for a friend who gave me money to go get it for him, a gift for his mother in law. I went and on my way was called to support a shakubuku meeting, so I said to the area leader "Dude, thats cool I'll be there, next year every month I'm gonna host one or two shakubuku meetings in my home a month, this will be great." My lovely lady and I purchased the Butsudan, I put Part II of the Goshos on my creditcard and got a nice cover for it then we went upstairs to the room where the meeting was gonna be held. Nobody showed up, so we both started chanting for about a half an hour, then the Zone Men's Leader comes in nervous and bugging out demanding what I'm doing here, I said "Hey dude, everything is cool there is supposed to be a meeting here and we are supporting it." He stormed out, I was surprised he was so edgy but if that was a reflection of my emotions thankfully I was calm cool and collected and then the next thing I know after starting gongyo in this same room the dude who setup the meeting shows up and asks me to go help with a GOHONZON CONFERRAL! HOLY SHIT, I WAS CHANTING TO HAVE ANOTHER GOHONZON CONFERRAL THIS MONTH, so we finished gongyo then assisted the other meeting in a larger adjacent room....

Gongyo was going on in that room, I was asked to read the certificate which I did as best I could smiling the whole way through, Two people received Gohonzon and I was soo happy that I approached one of the members and said to her "I am really happy for you, this is an awesome day!" She said "my friend vanessa told me about this, I..." So I said "Vanessa! Holy Christmas, thats my buddy, wow she's awesome! hahahaha wow", She says "Yeah were life long best friends and my husband has been reading her books for years and we are going through a tough time and thought there is no time like the present!" She then hugged me to tightly and ended up hugging me again like 3 more times, she was soo happy and so was I to support her. I really still feel the rush!

Supporting others is a Bodhisattva Move! Thats what we do, you know what I mean! The doorwary to Buddhahood is chanting Nam-myoho-renge-kyo! because the voice does the Buddha's work, but so it living as a Bodhisattva like Thomas does, that is essential in my very humble opinion to sustain a higher life condition.

I'm gonna be giving my experience (getting a job, repairing my relationship with my mother suffering from cancer, going to school and spreading the phrase that metaphysically, spiritually and physically pays) at the new years kickoff meeting, that is gonna be great.

Thank you all so much to help me make this the best year yet of my life, Next year VH1 should have a special program and call it "Chanting Growers Group The Best Year Ever!"

WOOOOOHOOOOO, let's go out there and be the Bodhisattvas we could be!

Peace and Thanks Always,
        MyohoD

Comment

Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

Happy Birthday PTD!! Hope you wake up to a beautiful fun day today I wish you the happiest of birthdays Im sure your beautiful family will help make this a great day for you !! Enjoy !
          Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

your bud
          babba

Peace/ Be here now

Babba's Farm L.L.C.

The political views, or conspiracy theories, of icmag ownership, do not reflect my own views and are sole property of the participants

Comment

Happy Birthday T! and a belated Happy B-Day goes out to Babba, congratulations Hitman, Awesome!!!!!; some great posts Bonz & Easy; closing out '07 on a HIGH!
            SoCal

Comment

"Kyo'o's misfortune will change into fortune. Muster your faith, and pray to
              this Gohonzon. Then what is there that cannot be achieved?"

(Reply to Kyo'o - The Writings of Nichiren Daishonin, Vol. 1, page 412)
              Selection source: "Kyo no Hosshin", Seikyo Shimbun, December 26th, 2007
              SoCal

Comment

"Mr. Toda declared emphatically: 'Neither hope nor despair comes from
                others. Such emotions aren't dependent upon our situations or circumstances.
                They all come from within us. That's why you have to take charge of your own
                life and live it fully!' Never let your-self be defeated. That's what
                chanting daimoku is for. Make your way through life, striving and winning
                based on faith. Then your lives will shine throughout the three existences
                of past, present, and future."

Daisaku Ikeda
                SoCal

Comment

"The important thing is right now -- the present moment. Our present inner
                  resolve, our determination, enables us to sever the bonds of karmic
                  causality by the strength arising from within and enter the sure path of
                  happiness.

Faith in the Buddhism of the true cause, which constantly arises from the
                  wellspring of life, enables us to develop a state of eternal happiness and
                  to lead a supreme existence. The spirit of the Buddhism of the true cause is
                  the spirit of limitless hope and eternal advance.

Therefore, each day we return to the point of departure at life's
                  wellspring, and from there we begin to advance anew. Doing gongyo and
                  chanting daimoku is the secret teaching for returning to the world of kuon
                  ganjo. Everyday, we set forth from kuon ganjo. Faith to continually set
                  forth from this eternal prime point is faith of the Buddhism of the true
                  cause."

(Lectures on the "Expedient Means" and "Life Span" Chapters of the Lotus
                  Sutra by Daisaku Ikeda, Vol. 3, page 25)
                  SoCal

Comment

"The important thing is right now -- the present moment. Our present inner
                    resolve, our determination, enables us to sever the bonds of karmic
                    causality by the strength arising from within and enter the sure path of
                    happiness.

Faith in the Buddhism of the true cause, which constantly arises from the
                    wellspring of life, enables us to develop a state of eternal happiness and
                    to lead a supreme existence. The spirit of the Buddhism of the true cause is
                    the spirit of limitless hope and eternal advance.

Therefore, each day we return to the point of departure at life's
                    wellspring, and from there we begin to advance anew. Doing gongyo and
                    chanting daimoku is the secret teaching for returning to the world of kuon
                    ganjo. Everyday, we set forth from kuon ganjo. Faith to continually set
                    forth from this eternal prime point is faith of the Buddhism of the true
                    cause."

(Lectures on the "Expedient Means" and "Life Span" Chapters of the Lotus
                    Sutra by Daisaku Ikeda, Vol. 3, page 25)

AHHHHHHhhhhhhhhh thank you SoCal that is exactly what I needed to hear right now! Was riding the roller coaster of emotions and said WTF am I doing and I went and chanted and feel so fortunate there is a place i can go when this shit comes up; right to the butsi i have such deep appreciation for that fact alone! So I achieved Victory! Woohoo
                    Myoho what a great experience and it sounds like your experience on New Years will be rockin the place CONGRATS! Quite an honor settting the tone and you are soooooo fortunate to be living in an area with a community center lap it all; be greedy and make all the causes you can; I don't doubt that you are; you energy and passion exudes all over this thread; keep exuding it brother!

Happy Hippy Birthday T~ Hope it is a good one and that you have many many many more returns!!!

Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

GeorgialouWho

Comment

Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

From SGI-USA Study Curriculum, Lectures on the Hoben and Juryo Chapters of the Lotus Sutra, Lecture 1. by SGI President Daisaku Ikeda

Practicing the Lotus Sutra causes the sun to rise in our hearts.
                      No matter how stormy our situation, when the sun blazes in the depths of our lives, a clear, bright sky - like the blue sky of May - opens in our hearts. And when we possess in our hearts the four virtues of eternity, happiness, true self and purity, then the land - the place where we are - shines as the land of eternally tranquil light.

your bud
                      babba

Peace/ Be here now

Babba's Farm L.L.C.

Comment

sorry i didn't do the quote thingy right on my post earlier....

GeorgialouWho

Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

Comment

Happy Birthday PTD, and many, many more!
                          Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

In Search of Earth's finest nuggets.

Comment

Hey there you are Hitman! I was just going to post yet again and give a shout out and see how you are doing?!

Ahh that mystic law you gotta love it!

Nam Myoho renge Kyo

GeorgialouWho

Comment

Nam Myoho Renge Kyo
                              Last edited by scegy; 01-01-2008, 06:15.
                              Growing every day of our lives
                              ~Nam-Myoho~Renge~Kyo~

Comment

The following excerpts from SGI President Daisaku Ikeda's essay
                                written on the occasion of his 70th birthday. (he will be 80 this Jan 2.)

Just a month before my 30th birthday, I made the following entry in
                                my beloved diary: "I have no life apart from working, advancing and
                                living with all my might alongside second Soka Gakkai president Josei
                                Toda. I have come to realize that I am who I am because of my
                                mentor."

So sickly was I that the doctors told me my diary says nothing about
                                what happens after 60 probably wouldn't live to 30. My mentor, Josei
                                Toda, showed more concern for me than anyone. He continued to guide
                                and encourage me with compassion and strictness. I spent my days and
                                nights in an exacting, unceasing struggle to propagate Nichiren
                                Buddhism.

When my strength was sapped by ill health and exhaustion, Mr. Toda
                                said to me: "You are waging a battle against the three obstacles and
                                four devils. Take all your pain and suffering directly to the
                                Gohonzon, and fight to overcome every obstacle."

He also told me, "Live your life and forge your faith in such a way
                                that you can meet death with dignity and composure whenever it should
                                come."His voice - the voice of a strict yet loving father - pierced
                                the very depths of my being. On another occasion, Mr. Toda said to
                                me: "I will give you my life! Live, in my stead, live long!"

My mentor breathed this life into me, and I triumphed over my fate,
                                over being hounded by the demons of illness - and I reached the age
                                of 30. Exalted, I recorded in my diary how I had spent each decade of
                                my life and what my goals were for the decades ahead.

To the age of 10: Growing up the son of a humble seaweed harvester.

To the age of 20: Self-awakening and struggling against illness.

To the age of 30: Studying and practicing Buddhism and making earnest
                                efforts to defeat the demons of illness.

To the age of 40: Perfecting my study and practice of Nichiren
                                Daishonin's teachings.

To the age of 50: Making a clear statement in society.

To the age of 60: Completing the foundation for the kosen-rufu
                                movement in Japan.

But my diary says nothing about what happens after 60. I never
                                thought I would live beyond that age.

I am convinced that I have lived to see this 70th year because Mr.
                                Toda shared a portion of his life force with me.

If I were to set down what I have accomplished from age 60 to the
                                present, along with what I envisage for the decade ahead, it would
                                read as follows:

To the age of 70: Establishing the principles of a new humanism.

To the age of 80: Completing the foundation for worldwide kosen-rufu.

From that point on, in accord with the Mystic Law and the undying,
                                unaging nature of life expounded in Buddhism, I am determined to take
                                the lead in kosen-rufu throughout eternity.

An ancient Chinese maxim urges, "Renew yourself each day." I vow with
                                the firmest determination to exert myself "bravely and vigorously"
                                again this year (see The Lotus Sutra, p.23).
                                SoCal

Comment

Working...
                                X