Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It is the way of ordinary people that, even though they spur themselves on to arouse the aspiration for enlightenment and wish for happiness in the next life, they exert themselves no more than one or two out of all the hours of the day, and this only after reminding themselves to do so. As for myself, I read the Lotus Sutra without having to remember to, and practice it even when I do not read its words aloud.

[ The Four Debts of Gratitude, WND Page 43 ]
    Nam-myoho-renge-kyo!

Comment

Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

SGI PRESIDENT IKEDA'S DAILY ENCOURAGEMENT
      Friday, January 12, 2007

Selection Source: These excerpts are from "For Today and Tomorrow," a book of daily inspirationals by SGI President Daisaku Ikeda

In a passage of the "Record of the Orally Transmitted Teachings," the Daishonin observes, "When you bow to a mirror, the reflected image bows back" (Gosho Zenshu, p. 769). People who respect others are respected by others in turn. Those who are unstinting in their compassion and concern for others are also protected and supported by others. Our environment is essentially a reflection of ourselves.
      (Medical Patient In Compliance)

Nam myoho renge kyo !! Mugi wasshin
      your bud
      babba

Peace/ Be here now

Babba's Farm L.L.C.

The political views, or conspiracy theories, of icmag ownership, do not reflect my own views and are sole property of the participants

Comment

“Nonviolence means avoiding not only external physical violence but also internal violence of spirit. You not only refuse to shoot a man, but you refuse to hate him.”
        -- Martin Luther King Jr.

"Nonviolence" does not merely mean to refrain from violence. Violence erupts when one person blames another for a problem or conflict. Conversely, nonviolence is a way of life in which one resolves, “Let me be the one to change first.” If this spirit were to be embraced, how much more at peace would our families and society itself be."
        --Daisaku Ikeda
        SoCal

Comment

"It is the same way with the practitioners of the Lotus Sutra. Though they may not understand the principles of Buddhism and may not know that they are suffering from delusion, if only they have faith, then without a doubt they will be able to free themselves simultaneously from the illnesses of the three categories of illusion; illusions of thought and desire, illusions innumerable as particles of dust and sand, and illusions about the true nature of existence. They will reach the lands of Actual Reward and Tranquil Light, and cause the three bodies of a Thus Come One that they inherently possess to shine. "Therefore, the Great Teacher Dengyo says: 'Neither teacher nor disciples need undergo countless kalpas of austere practice in order to attain Buddhahood. Through the power of the Lotus Sutra of the Wonderful Law they can do so in their present form.' This means that both the teacher who expounds the principles of the Lotus Sutra and the disciple who receives his teachings will, in no long time, together become Buddhas through the power of the Lotus Sutra."

[A SAGE AND A N UNENLIGHTENED MAN (II), WND Page133]
          Last edited by EasyMyohoDisco; 01-17-2007, 17:32.

Comment

wow ,, easy welcome back ,, hope all is well with you and yours
            my lemon smelling beast from h3ad seeds

whole lot of bogglegums

big time indica lover

NAM MYOHO RENGE KYO !!

Comment

Welcome home EasyMyohoDisco!

Maybe now, we'll hear from Meds, Respect and Leo! Scegy? Where ya been Man?

Bonz, I'm here every single day.

More "fortune through crisis" situations going on right now. I'm back on the Daimoku campaign trail again. That, six kids, and local members are keeping me from doing much more than that right now.

Hello to our new friends!

T
              Nam-myoho-renge-kyo!

Comment

I spoke to Respect in PM and Smile can use our chants. Please continue to chant for her Nam Myoho Renge Kyo !!
                (Medical Patient In Compliance)

Nam myoho renge kyo !! Mugi wasshin
                your bud
                babba

Peace/ Be here now

Babba's Farm L.L.C.

The political views, or conspiracy theories, of icmag ownership, do not reflect my own views and are sole property of the participants

Comment

Evenin' ya'll, babba get/or ask Respect to PM me, i spose i could PM him, still want to hook up at the Center with him.

Hey on a Quick note i just wanna let ya'll know that my lil girlie friend is chanting everyday with her Gohonzon, she even called me the other morning to let me know that she had the house to herself so she did morning Gongyo without having to be quiet, she was thrilled, it was cool, im very proud and happy for her.

What i was gonna say the other day was that i may be getting more involved in setting up meetings and just plain gettin things goin. We had a meeting on sunday but it was the first one we had had in about a month and a half, a couple days befor i asked my friend whos house the meeting was being held at if she knew why we had basically stopped having meetings and she didnt really have an answer except that "people are busy". Well that didnt set right with me so i asked her a few questions about how and who coordinates these mtgs. She said she was a dirtrict chapter head and another girl was just a didstrict leader and kinda on and on. In other words all these people with these titles but nothing is gettin done? So at one point she sain maybe we need to kahe the chapter bigger , by bigger i mean seperating into more groups, i immidietly said NO!!!!! j/k i didnt yell but i was firm , if anything we need to bring more people together maybe combine a few districts so the meetings are bigger cause here we are i a huge city and i have been to mtgs with 3or 4 people there? #1 i dont think its good for the new comer to walk into a mtg with only 4 people there. and #2 i know for me the vibe us so much better when at least 10 people are chanting at once, and of course after the mtg its allways so cool to exchange whats been goin on with each other.

Also T i have ran into that big guy, your friend from way back, remember and he has said to me , yeah we'll get together and chant at Johns house and im thinkin very cool man!! So these things never transpire and then it hits me that maybe i was supposed to set it up, thats just kinda trippy dealin' with 2 people that have been chanting for 70 years combined. Well talkin with the girl aho was havin the meeting at her place , she said sometimes these people just need a kick in the pants, so IM GONNA START KICKIN! A moth and a half between mtgs just doesnt seem right, oh and i had talked to thin girl on thursday and when friday rolled around Audrey and John and the hugher ups if you will were having their own meeting 2 hours before our regular mtg. Of course my ego tells me that its becase of me asking and wondering whats goin on with this meeting every monthand a half deal that they are disscusing. I never found out butthe bottom line is im gonna start puttin a fire under if this continues the way it does, i dont need a title to call and get people enthused to chant. So well see what happens.

Man i can ramble eh? and i wont know if i made any sense untill i read it a few times! To me ten people or more should be easily obtainable where i live and thats what im shootin for.Shit 20 would be even better and like i said im in the big city: shouldnt be a problem, should it? And its gotta be a set day of the week like sunday , EVERY WEEK, keeps us all together and freshly in touch.

I JUST WANNA CHANT WITH MY GROUP/DISTRICT, is that too much to ask?

Im just stoked on the chanting and like my meetings and then they just disapear? WHOS IN CHARGE HERE!!!!??????

nuff ranting

peace and all my love

bonz

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Nam myoho renge kyo>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
                  Bonzo BoUnCeS back...

FREEDOM for BONZ

"When one objectively acknowledges, accepts, and embraces one's weaknesses; they in fact, no longer continue to be that."(PTD)

Comment

Originally posted by Bonzo

I JUST WANNA CHANT WITH MY GROUP/DISTRICT, is that too much to ask?

Im just stoked on the chanting and like my meetings and then they just disapear? WHOS IN CHARGE HERE!!!!??????

nuff ranting

peace and all my love

bonz

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Nam myoho renge kyo>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
                    It sounds like the Devil of the Sixth Heaven is. So change it! You can, just continue without becomming discouraged yourself. Well done Bonz!
                    Nam-myoho-renge-kyo!

Comment

Thank you BIG HOMIE!!! I am going to do whatever i can to do just that!! Change it!! I cant tell ya how much i get outa these meeteings and im sure im not the only one and thats why we have em' in the first place.

wooooooooooo hoooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!! Im excited, im going to pick up a book on thursday at a friends house who is a friend of Bill and Bil has suggetsted that we det together at this guys house and chant so???? , im gonna see if i can get a few people together for a lil Gongyo. Is there anything wrong with a lil improptu thursday evening Gongyo?

T!!!!! My brother, how are you and your awesome family? For some reason you dont seem as far away as you are right now, it feels good man, i can feel your enthusiasm!!!

HEY!!! My mom has been chanting a lil bit here and there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have been chanting for her faith to return, im just blown away my friends, my mom nees to come back , and she just might be, woooooooooooo hoooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

peace

bonz

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Nam myoho renge kyo>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
                      Bonzo BoUnCeS back...

FREEDOM for BONZ

"When one objectively acknowledges, accepts, and embraces one's weaknesses; they in fact, no longer continue to be that."(PTD)

Comment

Though one might point at the earth and miss it, though one might bind up the sky, though the tides might cease to ebb and flow and the sun rise in the west, it could never come about that the prayers of the practitioner of the Lotus Sutra would go unanswered.

[ On Prayer, WND Page 345 ]
                        Nam-myoho-renge-kyo!

Comment

Originally posted by PassTheDoobie
                          Though one might point at the earth and miss it, though one might bind up the sky, though the tides might cease to ebb and flow and the sun rise in the west, it could never come about that the prayers of the practitioner of the Lotus Sutra would go unanswered.

[ On Prayer, WND Page 345 ]
                          >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Nam myoho renge kyo>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Wishing you all a day of days!

peace

bonz

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Nam myoho renge kyo>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
                          Bonzo BoUnCeS back...

FREEDOM for BONZ

Comment

Hi there Fallen, Babba, Bonzo, PasstheDoobie; feels great to be back! I'm moving and chanting with others everyday so please disregard any inconsistencies with respect to regularly posting, as I will try my best to maintain.(*Remember your Debts of Gratitude and Selfless Dedication to The Law*) I read the thread multiple times a day time permitting. (*Buddhism is daily life*)

Today lets welcome DONNA to our Family! We chanted last night for the first time, with my first and fourth shakubukus (*build a core group for kosen-rufu*) and she will surely be the 5th to receive Gohonzon. She is in her mid 50s now and chanted as a teenager in the Nichiren Shoshu temple. Donna enjoyed gongyo very much and loved the harmony of Daimoku!(*your life condition will inspire others*)

After Gongyo she said " This is what I have been missing, I look forward to taking part and receiving my Gohonzon, when will I get a Gohonzon, where will I find meetings? ".(*always help a Bodhisattva of the Earth find their way back to Gohonzon*) That was her response to me explaining the practice after we chanted! Totally a huge benefit for us. (*The greatest benefits for me are helping others start and support their Buddhist Practice*)

Great news, and more importantly lets practice everyday 24 hours a day and let our faith guide us towards further propagation of The Mystic Law and spreading Nichiren Daishonin's Buddhism everywhere we go. Its essential!(* Always chant to Have Gohonzon in this life and the every subsequent life*)

(*Gohonzon is the Key*)

Deep Respect,
                            EasyMyohoDisco

What is Nam-myoho-renge-kyo?
                            Nam-myoho-renge-kyo is the ultimate Law or true entity of life permeating all phenomena in the universe. Also, it is the invocation of Nam-myoho-renge-kyo or daimoku of true Buddhism, one of the Three Great Secret Laws. The invocation of Nam-myoho-renge-kyo was established by Nichiren Daishonin, who first chanted it outloud on April 28, 1253, at Seicho-ji temple in the province of Awa. Its meaning is explained in the opening section of the "Ongi Kuden" (Record of the Orally Transmitted Teachings) and elsewhere. Namu or nam derives from the Sanskrit word namas and is translated as devotion (Japanese, kimyo, literally, "to dedicate one's life"). This includes devotion of both the physical and spiritual aspects of one's life. The object of this devotion has two aspects, the Person and the Law. The Person signifies the original Buddha and the Law is the ultimate truth or Myoho-renge-kyo. These two are fundamentally one, and their oneness is manifested both in the person of Nichiren Daishonin who realized and manifested the ultimate Law, and in the Gohonzon in which he embodied his enlightenment. According to the "Ongi Kuden," the act of devotion (Japanese, namu) has two implications: One is to devote oneself to, or fuse one's life with, the eternal and unchanging truth (Japanese, fuhen shinnyo no ri); the other is that, through this fusion of one's life with the ultimate truth, one simultaneously draws forth inexhaustible wisdom which functions in accordance with changing circumstances (Japanese, zuien shinnyo no chi).
                            While namu derives from Sanskrit, Myoho-renge-kyo comes from Chinese. The inclusion in the invocation of both a Western (Indo-European) language and an Eastern language signifies the universality of this teaching. Myoho is the Mystic Law. From another viewpoint, myo, meaning unfathomable or beyond conception, indicates the true entity of life, and ho or law, its phenomenal manifestations. In terms of ichinen sanzen, myo indicates the life-essence (Japanese, ichinen), and ho, three thousand (Japanese, sanzen) different realms, which consist of the Ten Worlds, their mutual possession, the ten factors and the three realms--the laws according to which the life-essence manifests itself as phenomena. Since myo indicates the true entity of life, it is also interpreted as the fundamental enlightenment or the essential nature or the essential nature of the Law (Japanese, hossho), while ho, which corresponds to the phenomenal realm, indicates darkness or delusion (Japanese, mumyo). Renge means the lotus flower. The lotus blooms and seeds at the same time, and thus represents the simultaneity of cause and effect, which is one expression of the Mystic Law. In addition, the lotus grows and blooms in a muddy pond, which symbolizes the emergence of Buddhahood from within the life of a common mortal. Kyo literally means sutra, the voice or teaching of a Buddha. The character for kyo originally meant the warp of cloth, and later came to have additional meanings of thread of logic, reason, way or law. It was therefore also used in the sense of a teaching to be preserved. The kyo of Myoho-renge-kyo indicates that Myoho-renge-kyo itself is the eternal and unchanging truth.
                            Sat or sad, the original Sanskrit for myo or mystic, is interpreted as perfect endowment. Therefore, Nichiren Daishonin teaches that the Mystic Law encompasses all laws and teachings within itself, and that the benefit of chanting Nam-myoho-renge-kyo includes the benefit of conducting all virtuous practices
                            (from What is a Buddha, http://sgi-usa.org/buddhism/faqs/nmrk.htm )
                            Last edited by EasyMyohoDisco; 01-17-2007, 17:49.

Comment

"Nichiren writes, 'If you light a lantern for another, it will also brighten your own way.' Please be confident that the higher your flame of altruistic action burns, the more its light will suffuse your life with happiness. Those who possess an altruistic spirit are the happiest people of all."

Daisaku Ikeda
                              SoCal

Comment

"I'm counting on you. The Daishonin states: 'If devils did not arise, there would be no way of knowing that this is the correct teaching' (cf. WND-1, 501). There are bound to be daunting challenges along the path of kosen-rufu. But no matter what happens, you need never be afraid. A true victor is someone who struggles to the very end and wins."

SGI Newsletter No. 7069, The New Human Revolution—Vol. 19: Chap. 2, Song of Triumph 23, trans. Jan 9th, 2007
                                Nam-myoho-renge-kyo!

Comment

Working...
                                X