What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Chanting Growers Group

Status
Not open for further replies.
:dueling:

WooHoo! :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

Greetings everyone! Stoppin by to show some love...and to leave these words by Daisaku Ikeda:

"Creativity means to push open the heavy groaning doorway to life. This is not an easy struggle. Indeed, it may be the most difficult task in the world for opening the door to your life, is in the end, more difficult than opening the doors to the mysteries of the universe."

Beautiful. Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

GeorgialouWho :wave: :bongsmi:

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
"Never seek this Gohonzon outside yourself. The Gohonzon exists only within the mortal flesh of us ordinary people who embrace the Lotus Sutra and chant Nam-myoho-renge-kyo."

(The Real Aspect of the Gohonzon - The Writings of Nichiren Daishonin, page 832) Selection source: "Kyo no Hosshin", Seikyo Shimbun, December 14th, 2007

Bonzo

Veteran
Hello my friends! =:)

Nam myoho renge kyo!!!!!~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Good morning!

I want to share some of this past month with ya'll. I better start with about 2 months 1 1/2 Months ago or so, i dont remember if i told ya'll i basically had a nervous breakdown is best i can describe it, just blew a fuse man, it sucked and was scary. I want and saw a shrink i used to see about 10 years ago, he prescribes me an antideppressent/anxiety med. Remeron, not related in any way to Prozac or Zoloft or any of that family of drugs , i tred those a londg time ago and it was'nt a good thing. i can tell you personally that those drugs can give a person suicidal thoughts. So i agreed ,after much questioning about the Remeron to try it. It rendered me a total veg, i kept chanting and then all the sudden stopped completely for a week strait. This feeling of giult came over me and i was a complete veg. Then one day i just snapped and started cahanting again, i chanted for some sanity, then it was perfectly clear it was the Remeron. So i stopped taking it, and started chanting more. Still not consistent morning and evening though. Within a week the fog started to lift and i slowly came back to life, i was chanting hard at this point for the cobwebs to clear, and they did. Still i was left with fear of the future and the finacial hole i was in.

So i made a vow to do one hour of daimoku/gongyo every morning and i stuck with it. One day i justed snapped out of it, i was me again, i went outside smelled the roses , took a drive, and it felt great. Still i was in a hole. I started chanting to get out of that hole with faith and no fear. All the sudden a friend of mine who owed me a good lil bit of money popped up and payed me. Then really without asking another friend insisted on giving me a small loan. Rent and power paid! Woooooooo Hooooooooo!!!

I told you guys i had a job lined up, well i was filled with doubt that i wouldnt be able to cut it. However rent was coming around again and i needed this job. Problem was he allready had someone working for him and he couldnt just fire him to hire me, and i wouldnt have wanted him to do that anyway. So one morning for my whole hour i focused every thing i had on getting the rent paid, 15 minutes after i stopped my friend called me and said his guy workin for him walked off the job and could i start the next day! I was scared but how could i say no, i chanted hard for just that, and there it was so i sucked it up and started the next day and you know what at that point the fear was gone. So now i working making great money and im ENJOYING MYSELF and SMILING and LAUGHING AGAIN!!!! Then again another friend who owed me money paid me back. So things are really moving and everywhere i go i can see people lookin at me kinda funny cause i smiling from ear to ear about LIFE! My spirit is back.But i still hadnt been to the Center yet. So 2 days ago i took the long way home and hit room D at the center and chanted for an hour, i cant describe how good it felt to be back even though the guy leading Daimoku on the PA was goin SO SLOW!!! But i was amused rather than angered and not at him i was just so thrilled to be back. So i went back today, and on my way out i looked at the daily schedule and it was our big Westside World Peace Prayer Mtg at 7 pm. So i jammed home took a shower and went back.

One cool little thing that happened was i called a friend / group member to see if he was going and i got no answer, about 3 minutes later he calls me and i said did you se i called on your ID and he hadnt heard the phone ring at all, and i had'nt talked to him for over 2 months, i dont know but it was a Mystic thing to me.

Anyway i saw ALL of my group members /friends at the big meeting and damn near cried, they were all so truly happy to see me and vice verca, it was just unreal. I saw Bill A. T, got his card, he asked how you were doin as well the whole Family T.

Oh and the bananas Easy , well i didnt get any but the idea is simalar. I have been wanting to get my Cab going again but my filter is toast and i was at my local hydro srore and the owner who has become a good friend of mine saw that i was lookin at this perfect sized lil PHAT filter and he said hes not gonna carry em any more and he tipped it on its side and about a tablespoon of charcoal dust fell out froe between the bottom cap and the outer mesh, so he gave it to me, he offered it, i didnt have to ask. I think one wrap around the bottom cap with duct tape and im good to go!!

I could go on about all the lil Mystic things that have been happening but theres quite a few so ill stop now.

Oh one last thing, a plumber friend of mine is workin for an old friend of his, cute lil girlie and she needs some windows put in and my friend recomended me. Turns out she Chants!, owns a lil funky boutique and was blown away about me biulding Butsudans and wants to put a couple in her shop, and to top that off shes single and asked if i was cute or not!!! he he he!! What fun eh?! So i'll be meeting her today or sunday.

Just gotta say im most gratefull for my faith and how i have become myself again(and more i think ) It feels SO GOOD TO BE HAPPY and NOT see every day as one step closer to doomesday!!

Main thing is i cannot stop this routine i want to grow more and more everyday!

Wooooooooooooooooooooooo Hooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!

peace and love my friends

bonz

Last edited:

Babbabud

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Happy Happy Happy Birthday SoCal!!!! Hope today is a wonderful day for you!!!
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

Babbabud

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

Nam Myoho Renge Kyo
Beautiful post this morning Bonzo!! Im so happy for you!!! wooooooooop!!!!!!!!!!

Hitman

Bonzo, I just realized I'm going to be needing when of your Butsadans rather than choose one on display. You can take years if you want just sign me up, please! On New Years I'll be receiving my very own Gohonzon, that is the date that is recommended. I've always chanted me mums.

Does anyone remember the home-built rudamentary Butsadans at peoples' houses. I remember a can box, the flat kind that holds a case, covered with aluminum foil and a white hankerchief that covered the Gohonzon like a silk curtain. They were beautiful the different kinds you would see.

I don't mind doing that at all until one is ready, Bonz. Sorry to impose on you, bro, you seem to be very busy with jobs- it's just a dream thought. I so happy - I shared your experience already. Thank you!

E

EasyMyohoDisco

Happy Happy Birthday Socal!

Happy Happy Birthday Socal!

Hey Bonz, I thought you were making more seeds and going into the biznass! hahaha, you know what struck me the best about it and got me all warm and fuzzy inside was hearing about your enthusiasm before you meet this girl. Hell ****ing yeah I'm excited! WOooooohooooooo! Dude, same thing happen to me during the same time, I was down and out financially (what else is new) and bang, i got money from here there, and here and there. I think I posted the other day how I found some cash and the guy next to me got a share just for being there and kosen-rufu has really been gaining alot of momentum with us man. See how Gohonzon is bringing you so much so fast, and how hard it was for us to be content with the inconspicuous during the seemingly retrograded moments.

I just started the most amazing job, I'm blown away, I can't tell you how amazing it is. Truth be told, I'm hoping I get to hug you soon man, i get tears welling up just thinking about how happy we'll all be to be together. Keep jamming brothers.

So Big T posted something crazy awesome today, Never Seek This Gohonzon Outisde yourself. I feel like there is a deeper message in there that says let the Priests have the Dai-Gohonzon I have my mission to Shakubuku. You know what I'm saying? I feel really independent from alot of self imposed shit recently, mainly my constant human revolution, its not so hard after all to try and smile more often let me tell you! Sure we got obstacles abundant to and fro but heck how deep is the well of your faith if you can really derive happy happy ****ing goodness from Thomas' re conveyance of a quote posted through the thread! I am marveled, in awe and overjoyed at the brilliant nature of our future prospects with Thomas as my mentor. My connection with Gohonzon has really given me a safety net in life and the grace of Gohonzon's mercy for me to learn even a word from this thread and to affect me even in the most minute manner in comparison through how I truly feel is beyond imagination! The teacher I tell my friends is Nichiren Daishonin, I have been given the good fortune to have access to this Gohonzon on ICMAG and Thomas has taught me through the guidance of his mentors Mr.Ted Osaki and Mr. Tony Matsuoka that you can successfully apply kosen-rufu to your life without going against the grain of who you are and lead others in an incredibly capable manner.

I'm overjoyed at our daily efforts to be chanting Gongyo and to hear my friends are all chanting Gongyo, thats great. I was nervous the other day at work after I posted so much to Ngakpa and even went further that I had to email them to the Babbabud and Thomas that I like was able to have two friends that I could just let out my feelings to and not abscond them into oblivion but share them Supra(outside) yet Infra(within) the thread with a matter which helped alleviate a sense that I was not making myself clear about how I felt about someone going against the most precious truth there is which I find as Gohonzon, The One Great Secret Law!

Boy oh Boy, I got an A already for this semester and just four more to go for a clean sweep, I've been diligently chanting now its time to study.

My Sincerest Appreciation and Respect,
MyohoDisco

This is from The Writings of Nicheren Daishonin, 'The Embankment of Faith', pg 159. This Gosho is dated Sept. 3, 1275, the second year after Nichiren Daishonin's return from exile in Sado. It is addressed to the wife of Abutsu-bo, who was know as Sennichiama.

Strenghthen your faith now more than ever. Anyone who teaches the truths of Buddhism to others is bound to incur hatred from men and women, priests and nuns. Let them say what they will. The most important thing is for you to entrust your life to the golden teachings of the Lotus Sutra, Shakyamuni Buddha, T'ien-t'ai, Miao-lo, Dengyo and Chang-an. This is the way to practice correctly according to the Buddha's teachings. The Lotus Sutra reads, "If one teaches this sutra for even a moment in the dreaded age to come, he will receive support from all the heavens." This passage explains that in the Latter Day when evil people stained by the three poisons will prevail, anyone who embraces the true teaching for even a short time will be aided and supported by the heavens.

Congrats Bonz keep moving forward! Happy Birthday SoCal! Many happy returns!

Nam Myoho Renge Kyo Nam Myoho Renge Kyo Nam Myoho Renge Kyo
GeorgiaLouWho

Desiderata

Bodhisattva of the Earth
Veteran
TRUTH is the ABSOLUTE bottom line!

TRUTH is the ABSOLUTE bottom line!

It's that simple. Truth is the only thing that matters........TRUST is the TRUTH between spirit and mind; and felt deep inside the heart of the eternal soul.

Thus friendship is born, and nothing can stop the LOVE that is created from that bond that is totaly resistent to all NEGATIVE obstacles, and LEAPS easily over all boundaries that try to limit positive growth.

Cannabis is a magical ELEMENT in the process of LIFE that has been abused for FEAR of revealing the truth to the common man that FREEDOM is the threat to the greedy leaders that produce HATE for the masses.

I still chant.......but I'm not perfect! I'm WHOLE, I'm aware of my surroundings. I live in a very RESTRICTED world, that is about to CHANGE for a BALANCE point, that NO ONE can control, only NATURE has real power!

I am grateful for ALL of you! ONE big HAPPY FAMILY has always been my DREAM.

I believe now is the TIME to stop with all the different variations that have been bestowed upon us by ALL the GREAT breeders, and TAKE one by one, no matter how long it takes, to perfect all the great strains so our children will never know what a HERMIE is, only what the BEST medicine is for a NATURAL cure or remedy.

It's time for us all to grow up and except our responsibilities to the WHOLE cannabis movement,..............be professional about our cause, which means for us all to RESPECT all aspects of "OUR CAUSE".....Like getting HIGH first!

There is something about getting HIGH on herb that is so innocent...........

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yes, but my sincere and deepest wish is that no one ever do that. If you want to be assured of having an opportunity to practice throughout your life, go the route that those of us that are still here, after much trial and tribulation, have gone. Get to an SGI meeting!

If you want to ignore that advice and try to do it any other way, I don't want to be involved, nor would I appreciate anyone posting information that encourages that.

Thank you everyone!

Thomas

Bonzo

Veteran
:woohoo: Evening my friends :woohoo:

WOW!! I am blown away! All choked up, no shit.

I have been trying to think of the words to describe my feelings but i keep coming back to simply, THANK YOU MY CHANTING GROWERS FAMILY!!! For your support and encouragement!!!! It means more than i can possibly put into words to me, believe me i mean that from the bottom of my heart!!!!!

I have slipped several times here, and some times i feel like the resident ****-up but i am allways here, and for you guys to give me such support through it all, well, your my family!!! Thats how i truly feel, nothin' but the deepest of love for all of you!!!

Hitman, it would be MY honor to make you your own personal Butsudan, im gonna post a link to a sight for ideas and i want you to start thinking and envisioning your Butsudan, so it can be exactly what you want. I will post a pick of one of mine as well.

Hiya Desi!! Long time my friend! Good to see you bro! All my best bro, i hope all is going well with you!!

Thomas my Teacher, Mentor, Brother, i know i didnt get to the center when i had planned, but i am back now and dont plan on leaving anytime soon. Of course you were right, i was truly welcomed back with so much love it was allmost overwhelming, cant even describe the feeling.

Peace, and my most deepest love and respect to all of you!!!

:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

bonz :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

Nam myoho renge kyo!!!!!~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I also want to jump in and say HI!!! to Desi. Dude, your post is an answer to a prayer to Gohonzon! I was SO disappointed to not see you for so long! YOU ARE OUR BROTHER! YOU HAVE BEEN MISSED!!!

Please know that I have chanted for you! I hope you have returned to continue to work at keeping on the Path with us Brother. Remember how hard I told you it was going to be to get to a meeting? NO ONE IS PERFECT! It's cool. Just stick around!

Please!

Much love and deep respect,

T

Babbabud

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Why would you want too

Why would you want too

deftones34 said:
Does anyone know if I can obtain a Gohonzon from the Internet?

When i first ventured out to obtain my Gohonzon I thought a bit like this. I thought that I would go to a Soka Gakkai meeting or three, just long enough to obtain my Gohonzon, then I would be back to the recluse of my own house to continue on with my own reclusive practice. Its interesting though because once i went to a meeting and experienced the feeling of chanting with and being encouraged by others Ive missed less then a handfull of meetings in over two years now. I met other people who had lots of things to share and lots of inspiration. Much like this thread. So from my point of view I cant imagine why anyone would want to obtain Gohonzon off the internet. Find your local chapter of the Soka Gakkai International and go to a meeting and tell them you need a Gohonzon. You will find a whole new world and then begin to realize what this practice is all about. Then come home and turn a friend on to Nam Myoho Renge Kyo !!

Tomorrow is another 5 hour toso at Georgialouwhos. Hope you will all join us in chanting Daimoku from 7 am till Noon California time. Lets send this year off and bring in the new year with lots of Daimoku :wave:

"Muster your faith and pray to the Gohonzon , then what is there that cannot be achieved."

Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Desi I am afflicted with alkindzashit. My doctors have told me that is not terminal, but I try and chant as though it were. In reality it is this affliction that keeps my furnace burning. So the truth of the matter is that it not so bad--in fact I kind of like it!

Status
Not open for further replies.