What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Chanting Growers Group

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Hello Guys!

Hello Guys!

Thanks guys! I don't know what to say about the last 5 months. It has truly been wild. I could write a novel, just from the past 5 months. So many changes of places and people coming and going. I truly do not know for sure what I did to turn some of this stuff on but I don't question it. For it has gotten me through alot and I'm sure there is plenty left to go before this roller coaster stops. Maybe I have just written so many that it doesn't turn my stomach anymore. But as they say down here in the South, I have been blessed! But it has been the level of faith that has changed and gotten me through. I know as long as I hold tight to that I will always be ok no matter what. And it not, well it is just one more thing I gotta learn. When you look at it that way, then none of it gets too bad. (So Far!)

And can I say what a fucked day it has been here in North Texas with 3 inches of snow and ice, while I was at work and had to drive home. After being in Florida for 3 years. It is 22 degrees. My poor little blue convertible bug was covered with the Dolphins jumping in the ocean on the plate. I'm sure those Texas Trucks blowing past me laughed. And I have that to look forward to in the am. Keep Smiling! SG

SoCal Hippy

Veteran
from the 'Treatment of Illness' Gosho

from the 'Treatment of Illness' Gosho

Gordy,

Here is a partial copy from the above referenced Gosho (Letter by Nichiren Daishonin to his followers) which contains that text that is making you ponder such. Hoping it clarifies it more:

Question: If, as you have stated, the benevolent deities inflict punishment on this country because it does harm to the votary of the Lotus Sutra, then epidemics should attack only the slanderers. Why is it that your own disci-ples also fall ill and die? Answer: Your question is reasonable. Nevertheless, you are aware of only one side of the situation and not the other. Good and evil have been inherent in life since time without beginning. According to the provisional teachings and the schools based on them, both good and evil remain in one's life through all the stages of the bodhisattva practice up to the stage of near-perfect enlightenment. Hence people at the stage of near-perfect enlightenment or below have faults of some kind, [but not those at the highest stage]. In contrast, the heart of the Lotus school is the doctrine of three thousand realms in a single moment of life, which reveals that both good and evil are inherent even in those at the highest stage of perfect enlightenment. The fundamental nature of enlightenment manifests itself as Brahma and Shakra, whereas the fundamental darkness manifests itself as the devil king of the sixth heaven. The benevolent deities hate evildoers, and evil demons hate good people. Because we have entered the Latter Day of the Law, it is natural that evil demons should be everywhere in the country, just like tiles, stones, trees, and grasses. Good demons are few because sages and worthies are rare in this world. One would therefore expect to find more victims of the epi-demic among Nichiren's followers than among the believers of Nembutsu, or priests of the True Word, Zen, and Precepts schools. For some reason, however, there is less affliction and death among Nichiren's followers. It is indeed mysterious. Is this because we are few in number, or because our faith is strong?

Keep those questions coming, I love to hear those answers expounded by PTD

SoCal Hippy

Veteran
more on 'gampon-no-mumyo'

more on 'gampon-no-mumyo'

devil king of the sixth heaven
(Jpn.: dairokuten-no-mao) from the dictionary of Buddhist terms

Also, devil king or heavenly devil. The king of devils, who dwells in the highest or the sixth heaven of the world of desire. He is also named Freely Enjoying Things Conjured by Others, the king who makes free use of the fruits of others' efforts for his own pleasure. Served by innumerable minions, he obstructs Buddhist practice and delights in sapping the life force of other beings. One of the four devils.

SoCal Hippy

Veteran
Bog, you are so much a Buddha

Bog, you are so much a Buddha

Bog, I love your perspective and insights into life and the relationship of humanity. I would love to reprint an article on: 'GRATITUDE: A Hallmark of Humanity' which is a good reminder of how to live and those things you are always trying to stress. Thank you.

Gratitude Has Been a Valued Trait in the Buddhist Tradition
Gratitude is one of the most profound feelings that we can experience. We extend our kindness to another person who in turn responds with sincerity and appreciation. Such reciprocity, unlike in a commercial transaction, is free and spontaneous.

It is ironic that in many fables the virtue of gratitude often assigned to animals, perhaps to parody the animality that lies beneath our human appearance. For example, Aesop tells the tale of a grateful eagle. A plowman one day saves an eagle trapped in a net. Later the eagle sees the plowman in danger of being crushed by a collapsing wall and snatches the plowman’s headband. When the provoked plowman chases after the eagle; he is led to safety.[1]

Nichiren Daishonin begins his lengthy treatise "On Repaying Debts of Gratitude" by citing the Chinese legend of Mao Pao and the white turtle (The Writings of Nichiren Daishonin, p. 690). One day Mao Pao sees a fisherman about to kill a white turtle. He takes pity on the turtle and gives his own clothes to the fisherman in exchange for the turtle. Years later the turtle saves Mao Pao’s life by ferrying him across the Yangtze River away from pursuing enemies. The Daishonin states: “If even lowly creatures know enough to do this, then how much more should human beings!” (WND, 690). The gratitude shown by animals in those talks reminds us of how easily we can overlook this very virtue that makes us human.

Gratitude has been a valued trait in the Buddhist tradition. In the collection of tales about Shakyamuni’s past existences called The Jataka, he is often depicted as an embodiment of kindness and compassion while Devadatta, Shakyamuni’s adversary, is described as an ingrate. One Jataka tale goes as follows: Once a magnificent white elephant (Shakyamuni in a past life) saved the life of a forester (Devadatta) lost in the Himalayas by nourishing him and showing him the way back to the city. Greedy and ungrateful, this forester repeatedly returned to the elephant’s abode and begged for its tusks. He said he needed them for money to sustain his life and was given a portion of the tusks each time. When the forester took even the stumps of the elephants’ tusks, however, the earth opened up and swallowed the forester into the depths of hell.[2]

The earth could not support the weight of Devadatta’s base ingratitude, and he fell into hell. While some people may view a debt of gratitude as a burdensome obligation, Buddhism teaches that the real burden upon our humanity is ingratitude.

The Buddhist concept of dependent origination explains that everything in this world arises from and is supported by its environment. Everything and everyone is connected. There is no one, therefore, who does not owe a debt of gratitude to others. In this sense, gratitude may be described as our awareness that our lives are supported by our environment, which includes other people, and our desire to respond in kind to such support. Those who are ungrateful or feel burdened by others’ kindness fail to see the interconnectedness of all lives. They build walls of ignorance and selfishness around them to isolate themselves for the rest of the world.

The Daishonin states: “One who studies the teachings of Buddhism must not fail to repay the four debts of gratitude” (WND, 43). One Mahayana scripture called the Contemplation on the Mind-Ground Sutra (Jpn Shinjikan gyo) explains that we as Buddhists owe a debt of gratitude to all living beings, our parents, the sovereign and the three treasure of the Buddha, the Buddhist teaching and the Buddhist community. Because of the existence of all living beings, bodhisattvas can fulfill their vow to save them. Without others we cannot practice the Buddhist ideal of altruism. We also owe thanks to our parents who brought us into existence so that we may practice Buddhism. We are indebted to “the sovereign” who represents all the activities of society that ensure our survival. In this regard, the Daishonin states: “It is thanks to one’s sovereign that one can warm one’s body…and sustain one’s life with the five kinds of grain” (WND, 44). Furthermore, as practitioners of Nichiren Daishonin’s Buddhism, we owe a debt of gratitude to the Daishonin and his teaching as well as to his immediate disciple and successor Nikko Shonin and to the Buddhist community for transmitting and spreading the Daishonin’s Buddhism.

Repaying Debts of Gratitude

The Daishonin teaches that ultimately we can repay the four debts of gratitude by taking faith in the law of Nam-myoho-renge-kyo and communicating its benefit to others. As he states, “But if one intends to repay these great debts of gratitude, one can hope to do so only if one learns and masters Buddhism, becoming a person of wisdom” (WND, 690). Repaying a debt of gratitude, then, is not a sacrifice or burden; rather, it is an act beneficial for both others and ourselves. Although our parents and those around us may not understand the Daishonin’s Buddhism, it is certainly possible to encourage them with the warmth and humanity we develop through our practice. This is why the Daishonin often urges us to remain steadfast in our faith in the face of opposition.

Gratitude is a hallmark of humanity; it lifts our lives out of ignorance and isolation. But it is difficult to have gratitude for those around us if they act kindly only out of an expectation of reward or a sense of obligation. Also, when people try to manipulate others by granting them favors, the resulting “debt” of gratitude may easily become a burden. Buddhism wisdom, however, enables us to see our essential interconnectedness beyond superficial social obligations. Through our Buddhist practice we expand our capacity to express gratitude and can even transform hostility into a cause for personal development. Thus from his exile to the Izu Peninsula, the Daishonin states: “Moreover, in this lifetime, I have taken faith in the Lotus Sutra and encountered a ruler who will enable me to free myself in my present existence from the suffering of birth and death. Thus how can I dwell on this insignificant harm that he had done me and overlook my debt to him?” (WND, 44).

As we develop a perspective and capacity to see even hardship in a positive light, we can experience a sense of gratitude for something beyond immediate give-and-take and deepen our humanity. Devadatta failed to prevent Shakyamuni from acting kindly, and the shogunate government could not make the Daishonin bitter. From these examples, we can see that negative circumstances do not have to make us feel ungrateful.

Living Buddhism
May 2000

G

We All Must Be in Rhythm tonight!

We All Must Be in Rhythm tonight!

Well this is the first time that PTD, GordyP, SoCAl, Bog and Me are all on here at the same time. Everybody is sending all this stuff at the same time. I have gone back and found half a page. And I really must start proofreading what I write. I sound like some hick, with my typos. Hey Ya'll How's your mama an' em".

Bog you don't have to apologize to me even if you had a sexual nature. I'm a Scorpio and pray that everyone has a sexual nature. And I appreciate your kind words and thoughts. I look forward to meeting you. I look forward to meeting everyone. Quite a draw between all of us. It must mean something. And I have missed seeing PTD, has been 6 years and so look forward to meeting StoneGirl.( which I have missed hearing from).

And Bog, I experienced a bit of what you spoke of today from someone I have cared for. An 84 year old black woman whom I have cared for all week, that almost crashed on me Sunday. She was up and going today, made me sit down beside her and told me her story of feeling the spirit of the lord in her and as she was describing it with tears in her eyes, I was understanding every word she was saying only from my practice of Nichiren Daishonin. And how horrible her experience had been and how when she was the sickest, I was the one thing that made her feel it would be ok. She got that feeling of spirit everytime I came in the roomwith my smile. To her it wasn't me it was the lord coming to her thru me. I have never had anyone say anythng quite like that to me. She kissed me on my cheek and me to her. It was quite a moment. Took me 30 years to get that.

My God, How strange life is right now and wonderful! SG

SoCal Hippy

Veteran
HI SG

HI SG

Yeah, SG, its cool to vent some here. I would be doing the same if the weather was like what you described. Damn! I shiver thinking about it. You better be thinking about a change in autos; maybe a 4-wheeler. I know of a guy that has a good one in storage in Cali. :biglaugh:

Today was a good change for me. Read some guidance from a mtg a while back by Dick Sonoda on appreciation. Focused on this point only while chanting and really saw a significant change in my life condition and outlook. Took PTD's warning about gampon-no-mumyo to heart cuz that is what was happening to me for sure right now. Just sucking my life force out. Needed a major change and this helped out alot.

Hope I am not offending anyone by flooding this thread at this time. Maybe I will go into hibernation again for awhile. :smile:

SoCal Hippy

Veteran
no hibernation yet...Rhythmn for sure!

no hibernation yet...Rhythmn for sure!

SG,

That experience with your patient really moved me. What a Buddha! You are an incredible woman girl. Really looking forward to meeting you for sure. This quote by you is going on my butsudan: 'My God, How strange life is right now and wonderful! SG

G

No Problem SoCal!

No Problem SoCal!

Let er' rip So Cal Hippie! That is what this is for. And usually what we seek the answer to find or advice to give is usually what we need to hear ourselves. We have all come in here and written pages. I talk all the time anyway. I'm not quite and shy. So you continue. I'm enjoying what you are writing also. It has been years since I have heard these stories or had anyone to talk to about them. And I learn more from conversing than anything I do. Southern Girl

GordyP

Good Night Y'all

Good Night Y'all

It's been fun but I'm going to bed like our other old men. Getting some snow right now that I'll probably be driving to work in tomorrow, like our beetle-driving Southern Girl.

GP

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Then how does one get rid of gampon-no-mumyo?

Then how does one get rid of gampon-no-mumyo?

"The heart of the Lotus school is the doctrine of three thousand realms in a single moment of life, which reveals that both good and evil are inherent even in those at the highest stage of perfect enlightenment."

In many religions, the object is to control desire and not to "sin". You become 'good', by diminishing your 'evil'. This Buddhism has always taught me that you can, try and try and try, to get rid of your evil, and it won't go away. If it is absolutely not there, then you're dead; because all living beings have both good and evil in them (Buddha Nature as well as fundamental darkness). For this reason, the way you diminish your fundamental darkness is not by focusing on 'not doing this' or 'not doing that.' It is to focus on 'doing this' and 'doing that.' You EXPAND your Buddha Nature and it DIMINISHES your fundamental darkness.

When you do that, your natural inclination becomes one of seeing the good things in people, rather than the bad things. You see the things you have in common with people rather than the differences. Your outlook and accompanying attitude is one of hope and confidence rather than despair or cynicism.

Through the process of multitudes of Bodhisattvas revealing this practice, the world will change, and peace and respect for all peoples will become a reality.

It's not just a dream.

T

GordyP

Question (hand raised)

Question (hand raised)

I was googling Buddhist topics, particularly with interest about the Lotus Sutra, and hit upon an on-line version of it, where separate chapter numbers could be clicked on and read. I was a little surprised to see what I was reading was a translation made by an H. Kern, in 1884.

Can one of you scholars tell me more about Kern's translation? Do other translations exist (to English)? Is this translation validated/recommended by those who practice Mahayana Buddhism? Kern, at various times it appears, refers to Shakyamuni as "The Lord", "The Tathagata", and "The Dharmaraga". I need to learn if all this terms are being used to descibe the same being.

Learning More All the Time :rolleyes:

GordyP

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
They ain't no scholars here!

They ain't no scholars here!

"The Lotus Sutra by Burton Watson: This is the most accurate and the most readable version of the Lotus Sutra in English.

Scripture of the Lotus Blossom of the Fine Dharma by Leon Hurvitz
Prior to Watson's version this was the best translation of Kumarajiva's Lotus Sutra. Hurvitz includes a discussion of the differences between the Kumarajiva translation and Kern's translation from the Sanskrit (see below).

Saddharma-pundarika or the Lotus of the True Law by H. Kern
I love this translation from the Sanskrit. Its language is rich."

Gordy, the above is from a source that I consider credible. The version we all use is the one from Burton Watson. I think this "rich" language in the Kern version may confuse you. If you want I can provide you with one, if you need me to.

T

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
"Kern, at various times it appears, refers to Shakyamuni as "The Lord", "The Tathagata", and "The Dharmaraga". I need to learn if all this terms are being used to descibe the same being."

Yes

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Another PS to the Kern translation:

Another PS to the Kern translation:

If Kern did this translation directly from Sanskrit, then I would definitely advise it not be used as a reference, for the mere fact that all of the Daishonin's points of reference are of the Kumarajiva translation from Sanskrit of the Lotus Sutra. Based on the above review of the three best known, if not only, versions translated into English, it seems that there are differences of note between the Kern version and Kumarajiva's version (which was Sanskrit to Chinese). Also, based on the date of 1884, this translation would have occurred during the British colonial occupation of the Indian sub-continent. The audience for this piece of literature, being of Victorian England times, might have made for a degree of sensationalism in interpretation rather than religious or philisophical ones.

Just saying: consider Kern's target audience. The Watson version is the one I base everything I say on. It is the version that Daisaku Ikeda references when quoting from the Lotus Sutra to english speaking audiences. It is the version that the SGI study department references for all points pertaining to the Lotus Sutra. You just got your great new job. Go to www.sgi-usa.org and order a copy of Watson's translation. THEY ARE $15, PAPERBACK.

Or like I said, I'll buy you one if that's what it takes. Keep on asking shit everyone needs to know. Thank you for your seeking spirit Gordy.

T

SoCal Hippy

Veteran
you are quite studious, Gordy

you are quite studious, Gordy

I admire your seeking mind Gordy. Please understand tho, the best way to understand the Lotus Sutra is from your own life experience by practicing the Daishonin's Buddhism of Nam Myoho Renge Kyo. I am not sure about Kern's translation, but the one I have always referred to is by Burton Watson. It's online also and can be accessed at:
http://www.sgi-usa.org/buddhism/library/Buddhism/LotusSutra/

Also helpful is Daisaku Ikeda's Lectures on the Hoben and Juryo chapters of the Lotus Sutra:
http://www.sgi-usa.org/buddhism/library/SokaGakkai/Study/LectLS/

An exerpt from Lecture #1 and a point to always remember in study of the Lotus Sutra:

"Nichiren Daishonin lectured on the 28 chapter Lotus Sutra from the standpoint of the teaching hidden in its depths, and Nikko Shonin recorded his lectures in the form of the "Ongi Kuden" (Record of the Orally Transmitted Teachings). To revive the heart of the Lotus Sutra and enable all people of the Latter Day to attain Buddhahood, the Daishonin, out of his immense compassion, explains exactly how the passages of the sutra should be read.
This deep reading of the Lotus Sutra might be termed an "interpretation from the standpoint of the Daishonin's enlightenment." It is not simply a theoretical explanation of the sutra but a reading that articulates the spirit of the sutra passages from the single perspective of how all people in the world can become happy.
In other words, it was a commentary geared to action, for practice. It was a commentary for all human beings, on human life and on living. Rather than representing simply "knowledge," the "Ongi Kuden" is a "reading" of great wisdom that precisely and boldly clarifies the Lotus Sutra's relevance to the age and to reality.
"Hidden in the depths" may give an impression of some mystery closed off to most people. But that is certainly not the case. On the contrary, the true value of the "Buddhism hidden in the depths" lies in its being widely open to all people and becoming a living, pulsing force that invigorates the age and society."

Happy Studying, Gordy. I know with the snow/weather you are having that that is probably the safest thing to be doing this holiday. And to everyone else, Happy Holidays and Happy New Year 2005!

GordyP

The Lotus Sutra translation

The Lotus Sutra translation

Hey There, Hi There, Ho There, PassTheDoob,

Watson's translation of Kumarajiva's Lotus Sutra (from Chinese). Done and done. Thank you, my friend!

GordyP (freezing my ass off in Indiana!!)

GordyP

And a Big Howdy to You, SoCal!!

And a Big Howdy to You, SoCal!!

You must have posted while I was sending my thanks to PTD.

And now my thanks to you, SoCalHippie! Looks like Watson's translation to English is the best way to go, especially for a "young" newcomer like me with such an impressionable mind! (Hey, my icons aren't working!)

My best wishes and prayers for the holidays,

GordyP

p.s. Hey, here's a thought...why don't we all meet in Vancouver sometime?

SoCal Hippy

Veteran
No scholar here Gordy, for sure

No scholar here Gordy, for sure

I read and replied to your post before seeing that PTD did the same on the next page. Glad you got your answer quickly. Isn't the internet wild?

I wanted to take another quote out of the 1st lecture that I liked and post it for all.

"The Daishonin says:
A baby does not know the difference between water and fire, and cannot distinguish medicine from poison. But when he sucks milk, his life is nourished and sustained. Although one may not be versed [in various sutras]... if one listens to even one character or one phrase of the Lotus Sutra, one cannot fail to attain Buddhahood (MW-7, 104-05).
Just as a baby grows larger without realizing it by drinking milk, if you earnestly chant the Mystic Law with faith in the Gohonzon, your life definitely will come to shine with immeasurable good fortune and benefit.
To cite another example: Dogs have a language in the world of dogs, and birds have a language in the world of birds. While people cannot understand these languages, fellow dogs and fellow birds can certainly communicate with one another. Also, even though some people do not understand scientific jargon or a particular language, others can communicate very well through these languages.
Similarly it might be said that when we are doing daimoku,(chanting Nam Myoho Renge Kyo) we are speaking in the Buddhas and bodhisattvas language. Even though you may not understand what you are saying, your voice definitely reaches the Gohonzon, all Buddhist gods and all Buddhas and bodhisattvas over the three existence's and in the 10 directions; and that, in response, the entire universe bathes you in the light of good fortune.
At the same time, it is certainly true that if you study the meaning of the sutra based on this practice and with a seeking mind, you can as a matter of course deepen your confidence and strengthen your faith still further."

That is some beautiful shit. Keep chanting or.....want to try it? :smile:

BushyOldGrower

Bubblegum Specialist
Veteran
So Cal Hippy, please don't stop as I find your presentations to be as valuable to me as Tom's or anyone's. I do feel much gratitude to all of you for allowing me to be accepted here even with all my ignorances and shortcomings so easy to see. I guess it's ok to be imperfect with you folks. There seem to be no dumb questions I could ask here and I know why.

Ever hear of the Guide to Zen and the Art of Motorcycle maintenance? In this book as it happens a college prof at my local college goes insane. In the story he has recovered and is taking his son across country on a motorcycle sorting out his life and why he flipped. It was his contemplation of the nature of good and evil that got him.

You see I don't think we should call it good and evil because that is a bit simplistic don't you think? Is anything really inherently evil and what would that mean?

In the universe we always see 2 forces in balance like gravity and centrifugal force. In life there are growing and declining forces like entropy and its law. Things organize by a force and things disorganize by a force. I know there is a force of good but I wonder about evil. Maybe that just isn't the right word but some actions are wrong aren't they?

Well for the individual right and wrong action exist for sure but that varies for different people in different circumstances. I don't mean to presume or know anything but isn't good and evil a delusion in most cases people are held back by? Isn't wrong action anything that harms your karma? Is that always evil?

I agree that there is plenty of not so good in me still and I doubt I will ever be a saint but maybe a living person without two sides just can't exist. Maybe there can't be good without evil but I caution people not to judge all the time.

Watch how the media tries to get you to judge people good or evil, innocent or guilty and see one of our worst natures being fed. It is human nature to be animalistic but it is also our nature to see a higher truth. When I wonder about whether I am good or evil I try not to worry. Since my path can only lead to one place I should be content because the now is always where we are.

One day I was called as a paramedic and it was close by that a man had gone down suddenly. His daughter was with him and she was a RN. When I arrived in very short response he was unconscious and she told me that she believed her father was in V Tach and that she was an RN. I didn't have all my equipment but a real fast pulse check told me I shouldn't doubt this woman.

I raced and shouted and made this happen in short order because rarely did I arrive in time like this and time was of the essence. Quick Look showed wide V tach quickly degrading and the first shock successfully cardioverted him. We all worked as fast as possible to get the iv in and the lidocaine bolus/drip in in time before recurrence but...

Well it was hard and we did re convert him a second time, bolus him and transport to ER and ICU. B/P had been rapidly restored but he had been near gone twice. About 2 hours later the Chief of Staff and medical authority Dr. called me and my partner up to ICU. The man was sitting up talking to the Doc. He told us that the Dr. had informed him that he owed us his life and he thanked us. We said we were happy to be of help and we felt pretty darned good that day.

Often it seems we try and try and we still fail to make a difference. We do make a difference sometimes however and we have many other brothers and sisters who have one goal in life. To be loved and to love. We don't need to know everything to love each other and there are all levels of understanding different people are capable of. The basics of all religious thought is based on love for one another.

My problem is with labeling people, countries and lifestyles as evil. This judging of all things as good or evil makes an excuse for cruelty to what we consider evil. Since I agree with the hindu and Jesus preached, non-violence policy it serves little purpose to lable people or substances evil. Judge not seems the best policy for peaceful types.

Perhaps the things we lable evil would be well served to be called roadblocks on the road toward the eventual enlightment. Nirvana to all... BOG

G

Merry Christmas to My Buddies!

Merry Christmas to My Buddies!

Wishing to you all the very best Holidays and most of all Happiness and the fruition of your greatest desires in the New Year!
What a difference you all have made in my life in the year 2004. There is no evil here. We are as we are suppose to be. Reaching out and giving love and support to people that for all practical purposes we don't even know. Except PTB who has that advantage and bringing us all together here. This is a perfect example of Itai Doshin. I hope I spelt that correctly. Since PTD and SoCAl have the skill of cut and paste, maybe one of them will expound on that for me.
And Bog, I again, find a common denominator with you. I believe that there is some purpose for us all to come together more and more everyday, than just chance happenings. And because I have been away from the study and organization for a while yours and GordyP's questions are as beneficial to me as for you. It is opening doors and turning the lights back on. I am being inspired to begin my study again. And I too need to visit that book site at SGI. I'm missing a few books. Love to all of you Southern Girl :friends:

SoCAl,
Please share with Cora that I came home from work last night to find ALL bows removed from packages and the tree topper was a bit crooked. I thought maybe I won't have to take down the tree. If I turn the cheek, George and Jasper will do it for me. :biglaugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.