This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

With all due respect my Babbabud brother

Strictly a personal experience rather than opinion...

But I don't believe it to be nameless. It may be known of by many names (like us here), but in truth it has but one. It was the name given by the NameGiver at a time in the remotest past, and is known to all Buddha's throughout the Universe. Some may be not be able to reveal it due to the time, but all know it by It's True Name. Kumarajiva revealed it in the title of his translation of the Lotus Sutra.

Nichiren Daishonin was the first to express it correctly in this current time period of Mappo. It has been bestowed upon the entire world and the disciples of Nichiren have been propagating it steadily since it's first invocation. I am a laid back dude, but the truth is the truth, and sometimes you gotta say it.

I wish all the people reading this could take the time to experience it just once. It is so profound it will make the hair stick up on your arms, give you chills and bring tears to your eyes. It ain't just me. I know that for a fact.

When I have fear I substitute the Daimoku for that fear. And in my experience, Earthly Desires Equal Enlightenment as an expedient means of communicating to the Universe, my desire to achieve enlightenment in this lifetime.

Or at least that is what I am supposed to be doing! For some reason, I find myself not doing what I am supposed to be doing. Sometimes. For that reason I say to Pat once again. Thanks Dude! You nailed me!

T
    Nam-myoho-renge-kyo!

Comment

Shakyamuni buddha reffered to the One Truth as Emptiness, Chi-i understood this emptines to be the ten suchnesses; nyozo ze so..., Nichiren Daishonin understood this to simply be the title of All the Buddhas wisdom; the Lotus Sutra; Myoho Renge Kyo. To embrace this One Great Vehicle Or the One greart Ox cart like a parent embraces a child is Nam, ergo the Law that has remained nameless throughout the three existences; past, present, and future; now has a name, Myoho Renger Kyo Thus Come One teacher of all.

To embrace this one great Buddha called lfe, is to add Nam to this One Great buddha's name; the heart of the Lotus Sutra; the daimoku of the Lotus Sutra; as Nnichiren Daishonin; the True Buddha of the Latter Day Of the Law teaches.

Nam Myoho renge kyo. Contained within this one simple phrase are all the 84,000 teachings of Shakyamuni Buddha, as well as all the benefits of all the Buddha's of the Three existences.

VegasBuddha

Comment

grinnning and nodding in agreement

Thus I Heard, brother. Thus I Heard. That was more very on the money stuff there Pat!

You be a happnin heavy ass mofo. Keep it goin.

T
        Nam-myoho-renge-kyo!

Comment

Lay an explaination of the ten factors of life on them!

What are these ten suchnesses; nyo ze so?

"The true aspect of all phenomena can only be understood and shared between Buddhas. This reality consists of the appearance, nature, entity, power, influence, internal cause, relation, latent effect, manifect effect, and their consistency from beginning to end." This passage provides a theoretical basis for the principal of replacement of the three vehicles with the one vehicle taught in the theoretical teaching (first half) of the Lotus Sutra. Since the ten factors are common to all life and phenomina, there can be NO FUNDAMENTAL DISTINCTION BETWEEN A BUDDHA AND AN ORDINARY PERSON.

(lifted without permission from the Dictionary of Buddhism)

T
          Nam-myoho-renge-kyo!

Comment

PTB,
            I smiled when I read your reply regarding how to open the way for others in thought, word, and deed.

I figured it out real simple one day. I was reading President Ikeda's guidance one day, He said, "When we support women, women support others." as well as "Please protect our beautiful, hard-working women's division with your daimoku."

I figured it out. All I had to do was to support the women's division in my area, with my thoughts, words, and actions.

The Women's Division does all the hard work in the SGI, so why not support and protect them with my practice, and watch my practice grow, just like I watch my ladies grow, through my daimoku for others, including my ladies in the box. smile.

I believe we have a karmic relationship with women. All women. Hence female plants are more important than male plants, more men grow pot than women. yet more women grow garden's and nurseries than men. Quite intersting when you start to think about these things.

In growing female plants we learn how to care for women. Not too much of anything or too little of anything, either will smother and kill the plant. Women are the same I believe.

So I think women have a more profound role in our society than we are willing to admit or foster support for. That is why to me the SGI-USA is the place to be in the 21st Century.

So all I have to do is chant nam myoho renge kyo for the happiness and success of all women. Be there when they ask me to. Leave when they do not want me around, and think well of them all the time, no matter what! This way I can fulfill the Buddha's wish and my Vow at the same time," How to open the way for others with my thoughts, words and deeds."

Just my thoughts about my practice of Nichiren Daishonin's Buddhism.

VegasBuddha

Comment

Dude, what sign are you!?!

"So I think women have a more profound role in our society than we are willing to admit or foster support for. That is why to me the SGI-USA is the place to be in the 21st Century.

So all I have to do is chant nam myoho renge kyo for the happiness and success of all women. Be there when they ask me to. Leave when they do not want me around, and think well of them all the time, no matter what! This way I can fulfill the Buddha's wish and my Vow at the same time," How to open the way for others with my thoughts, words and deeds."

Just my thoughts about my practice of Nichiren Daishonin's Buddhism.

VegasBuddha"

Pat! God damn man! I am about to jump in the car and head north on I 15! You are so right. Where would we all be without their efforts! It is amazing, but I came to a similar personal observation. However I had never thought to utilize this truth as so simple of a manner in which to fulfill my Vow.

That is really correct Daimoku dude! Your Buddha Nature is in gear! Definitely not idling. I have come to look forward to sharing with you a little each day. I hope others are reading this and getting something out of it. If they aren't?

All I know is I sure am. Without women, men would have destroyed this planet a long time ago. Women were/are the primary agent for the spreading of the Daimoku of the Lotus Sutra throughout the world in the last 70 years.

Let's face it, beyond the biological neccessity of man, NONE of us would be here without women. Now I am sure neither of us is arbitrarily dogging our own sex. The key to me is what Pat said in his post:

"So I think women have a more profound role in our society than we are willing to admit or foster support for."

It's too bad. Common sense and history would seem to indicate that doing so would make the world a better place for all of us!

So thank you ladies. Just for being there! Be patient. We (men) will figure it out eventually.

Pass the fucking doobie!

T
              Nam-myoho-renge-kyo!

Comment

PTB,
                As you noticed, a ladies group of growers appears just as we speak of the power of women, and the power the give to society. Quite timely!

The SGI treatts women and men as equal in all aspect of life. Our organization has more sincere women than man any day. I believe it is because women live with their hearts while men live with their minds.

Nichiren taught about tamashi or the essential nature or life essence of a life. This life essence is both mind and heart. or soul, if you will. When we combine our heart and our mind and allow our heart to lead the way, we have achieved what women do with ease daily. However, men usually get it backwards and lead with their heads.

Compassion and Wisdom, the two Buddha's Shakyamuni and Many Treasures, Heart and Mind, the 0neness of the Law of Life and the Person. Which leads and which follows. Many Treasures appears to listen to the truth, while Shakyamuni appears out of compassion for ALL people.

Women seem to understand that compassion far surpasses wisdom any day. The reason for the Buddha's advent was his "behaviour". Women understand this more so than men do as well.

BTW, I have a daughter that lives in Riverside, CA. Perhaps we can meet out there or out here in Vegas sometime. Share stories, doobies, and times.

I also look forward to see what you have to say as well. I to hope others have stoped by to learn how to chant to help their plants grow and their lives frow, both at the same time.

Nam Myoho Renge Kyo
                "Like the Roar of the Lion"

VegasBuddha

Comment

You are up as early as me dude!

go back to bed!

T

Folks, the high life conditioned, profound and wise Pat has gotten up at 5:00AM to share this with us today. As usual, I'm going to think a bit before I say much more.

T
                  Nam-myoho-renge-kyo!

Comment

Sometimes Pat, you are too hard of an act to follow!

I noticed the womens group and smiled too. I look forward to catching up with you wherever I need to be for that to happen. I hope everyone understands what it is you are saying:

Compassion and Wisdom,
                    the two Buddha's Shakyamuni and Many Treasures,
                    the 0neness of the Law of Life and the Person.

Which leads and which follows.

Many Treasures appears to listen to the truth,
                    while Shakyamuni appears out of compassion for ALL people.

Women seem to understand that compassion far surpasses wisdom any day.

How profound! How simply correct! Mahayana versus Hinayana. The basis of bodhisattvahood. Embracing life for the sake of all people rather than a life focus just toward oneself. Thank you!

Thomas
                    Nam-myoho-renge-kyo!

Comment

Where you have men and women you have husbands and wives

In the Gosho, Nichiren Daishonin says : "The husband is like the pillar of a house; the wife, the beam. The husband is like the legs; while the wife is like the body; The husband is like the wings; while the wife is like the body of the bird. If the wings and body are separated, how can the bird fly? If the pillar has fallen to the ground, the beam falls down with it. If one is not at home, the the family has, so to speak, "lost it's heart."

Nichiren Daishonin also states: "to become a wife is to let the husband support by supporting him. When one is happy, the other will be fulfilled. It is not only in this lifetime, but in life after life, eternally that husband and wife are like the shadow and body, flower and fruit, root and leaves. A worm that lives on a tree eats the tree; fish that live in water drink the water; when grass dies orchids cry; and when pines flourish, oaks rejoice. Even tree and grass are so closely related. 'Hiyoku' is a bird with only one body and two heads; both of its mouths nourish the same body. 'Himoku' are fish with only one eye each, so the male and female remain together for life. A husband and a wife should be like them"

Thomas
                      Nam-myoho-renge-kyo!

Comment

PTB,
                        That is so beuatiful. The description of husband and wife, and man and woman, two yet not two. Both embracing wisdom and compassion equally! How beautiful. Lighting the eternal light of happiness through individual relationships, just as Shakyamuni Buddha did in his time.

One more person, a new firend to meet and greet, just as Boddhisattva Never Disparaging did, "I would never diaparage you, as you are all practicing the Boddhisattva way and will attain Buddhaqhood"

VegasBuddha

Comment

Happy Day

Haven't been here for a while sounds like everyone is well. I remember the first time I did gongyo, when I made a connection, felt like I was being plugged in to a great positive force, I couldn't believe how tears rolled down my cheeks, tears of Joy. What do you think of the shortened condensed A and C rather that all five parts. On one hand you can get more diamoku in but on the other you don't have to really shift gears and grind through. Peace

In Search of Earth's finest nuggets.

Comment

naming stops the flow
                            (Medical Patient In Compliance)

Nam myoho renge kyo !! Mugi wasshin
                            your bud
                            babba

Peace/ Be here now

Babba's Farm L.L.C.

The political views, or conspiracy theories, of icmag ownership, do not reflect my own views and are sole property of the participants

Comment

Where does it say that anywhere?

Babbabud,
                              Just curious. What do you think stops the flow in that circumstance? What is the point of reference for making such a claim? (there is no hostility in my question, merely a desire to create a dialogue)

T
                              Nam-myoho-renge-kyo!

Comment

Hi Hitman! Where ya been?

Oh you know? I think gongyo is as gongyo does.

(By the way, for those unfamiliar with the practice of Nichiren Daishonisn's Buddhism, Goygyo is the process of recitation of specific sections of the 2nd and 16th chapters of the Lotus Sutra, accompanying prayers pertaining to our daily life and the establishment of World Peace.

We do Gongyo in the morning and evening. Until recent years, the process was very time consuming for many, with five prayers in the morning, three in the evening. Each prayer requiring the recitation of the above mentioned areas of the Lotus Sutra.

As a modern movement, and out of compassion for the efforts and realities of 21st century practitioners, the decision was made to abbreviate the neccessity of all of that Sutra chanting for the purpose of reinvigorating the focus of chanting Nam Myoho Renge Kyo as much as possible each and every day.)

For my whole practice, gongyo was always the biggest challenge. I think that coincides with having a stoner, hippy dude karma, though thanks to Nam Myoho Renge Kyo, even with that kind of personna, I was able to climb the corporate ladder and start my own companies by the time is was in my very early thirties, successfully.

In my experience, the essence of Gongyo is it's function of glue to you and a daily practice. My experience was always that the biggest downside of missing gongyo, was that the cause would make you miss it again. I think it is really really difficult to be consistently chanting every day without gongyo being part of that process.

I was happy that they went to the new format, because I had been following it for years. You know, no one will ever discourage you from doing five full prayers in the morning and three in the evening. Given the freedom, do you know of anyone still doing so?

And yes, I will never forget the first time I heard it. I walked into my first discussion meeting after Gongyo had started. As I heard the beautiful music of the Lotus Sutra being shared and spoken sonorously, among a diverse gathering of completely different types of people, it made me so happy! When I heard what I was hearing I said to myself, " I have got to learn how to say this! If I do, my friends are going to know I am into some heavy shit then!"

And from that day forward, I have been doing shakubuku!

T
                                Nam-myoho-renge-kyo!

Comment

Working...
                                X