X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PTD Feelin' Left Out (Wah-Wah!)

Hey Dip-shit,

Check out the PM I just sent your way. It's all about YOU, YOU, YOU!

GordyP
    Find the good, and praise it

Comment

we love you PTD

:o , good to have you back, hope you had a good trip!
      got to go again, bye

stonegirl

Comment

back here again

Kind of miss you all(SG ,Socal, GordyP,PTD)
        I had very busy day(again) , but I am going home early today to see "the Doobie brothers". and I have a few"big" things to chat about, really hope I can type fast to tell you all the details, maybe PTD can help me out here, so please chat for me my brothers and sister. take care you all

stonegirl

Comment

We are ALL family

And we get together when we each read this thread and visit this site (no matter whom we are or where we are). My stonegirl is the most incredible person I have ever met in my whole life. What an honor to be your children's father! My pride and joy is beyond description for the special significance of how SG and GordyP and SoCal have become friends from three different parts of the country, after being my friends for so many years.

For you to chant Gordy, is the answer to years of concern and prayer. (And thanks for the PM dick-wad! How could you blackmail me like this after all these years? How could you possibly remember the words? And yes, I rememered them too, singing right along and laughing out-loud 'till I cried.)

But I am finding I have LOTS of old friends, though some of them may be chronologically karmically linked at a later date in time. I met such a friend on this last trip. But due to his notoriety, I'll let him reveal himself, if he is so inclined, just as all who read this do so of their own volition.

Hey there dear friend! I trust you are home well and safe when you get the chance to read this. My next entry, on the ten mystic principles, will be done so in dedication to you. Stay warm in your cave.

And my mom's surgery went very well, thank you!!!!!

Thomas

(PS: when stonegirl wrote 'chat', I am sure she meant 'Chant')
          Last edited by PassTheDoobie; 10-21-2004, 00:32.
          Nam-myoho-renge-kyo!

Comment

Glad to see you back PTB!

So I take it that Daddy Doobie has returned and sounds as tho he had a good trip. Anxious to hear about that at another time. And we know exactly what StoneGirl meant Dad! We have done fine in that department in your absence as I'm sure you have seen.
            Gordy P! Are you so absorbed with chanting that you can't talk with me anymore? How are things going for you?
            And I have to add another benefit that came today at another yet 11th hour. I was in orientation today and wrote 10/20/04 all day and realized that all my bills were due tomorrow. I panicked a bit in the car coming home and immediately said to myself, NOWAY do not go there! Just chanted in my head. Came home to find out that today $1005 was deposited into my account for the relocation. Thank You Thank YOu Thank You! I have never in my practice had so many benefits one after another and I'm sure it is attitude.
            Thomas use to get mad at me but it is like being "Tinkerbell". You just have to believe and have faith. Sorry Thomas! It works for me. And I love finally getting to connect with StoneGirl after all these years and connecting with your buddies. It is a very comforting feeling. Love to you all, SG

Comment

Just curious, SG

Why do you call me PTB?
              Nam-myoho-renge-kyo!

Comment

three vehicles

A classification in Mahayana Buddhism of three kinds of teachings, each tailored to the capacity of a specific set of practitioners and enabling them to attain a state of awakening suited to that capacity. "Vehicle" means that which carries one to a destination or state of awakening. The three vehicles are the teachings expounded for voice-hearers (Skt 'shravaka'), for cause-awakened ones (Skt 'pratyekabuddha'), and for bodhisattvas. The voice-hearer vehicle indicates the teachings that enable voice-hearers to attain the state of arhat by awakening them to the four noble truths. The cause-awakened one vehicle is the teachings that lead practitioners to obtain insight into the causal relationship and impermanence of all phenomena through the doctrine of the twelve-linked chain of causation or by observing the changes in the natural world. The bodhisattva vehicle leads bodhisattvas to near-perfect enlightenment and perfect enlightenment, the fifty-first, and fifty-second of the fifty-two stages of bodhisattva practice, through the practice of the six paramitas. Generally speaking, Mahayana Buddhism describes the two vehicles of voice-hearers and cause-awakened ones as "lesser vehicles," or Hinayana, while emphasizing the bodhisattva vehicle.

The Lotus Sutra, however, declares that the sole purpose of a Buddha's advent in the world is to enable all people to become Buddhas, and that the three vehicles are accordingly not ends in themselves but means to lead the people to the one Buddha vehicle. It identifies the Buddha vehicle as the supreme vehicle that at once encompasses and transcends those three and leads all people to Buddhahood. The "Expedient Means" (second) chapter of the Lotus Sutra says, "The Buddhas, utilizing the power of expedient means, apply distinctions to the one Buddha vehicle and preach as though it were three." It also says, "In the Buddha lands of the ten directions there is only the Law of the one vehicle, there are not two, there are not three." T'ien-t'ai (538-597) expressed this idea as "the replacement of the three vehicles with the one vehicle," a principal that he further divided into two--concise replacement and expanded replacement. The concise replacement of the three vehicles with the one vehicle is a reference to the short passage in the "Expedient Means" chapter that explains "the true aspect of all phenomena" in terms of the ten factors of life. This suggests that all life is endowed with the potential for Buddhahood. The expanded replacement of the three vehicles with the one vehicle refers to the section where Shakyamuni subsequently elaborates on the supremacy of the one vehicle from a variety of perspectives, using parables and other means to explain his meaning. This elaboration includes the latter half of the "Expedient Means" chapter through the "Prophecies" (ninth) chapter.

From the "Dictionary of Buddhism"
                Last edited by PassTheDoobie; 10-21-2004, 01:31.
                Nam-myoho-renge-kyo!

Comment

Good Question PTD

Thomas Brother? Hell I don't know. Florida, Hurricane, Texas, Back to same Job, Same house,........Bobby! Who knows what PTB means in my sick mind but I'm sure it means something! Good to hear from you too. Love, SG

Comment

PTB = PassTheBong!

Sorry about not posting as much, SG, but with all this chanting there just isn't enough time in the day

Want you all to know I haven't missed a day of it since making the commitment last week. My drive to work takes a half hour each way, so I get about 20 minutes in to start the day, and another 20 on my drive home. It's already helped in a couple non-expected ways: I get this low nasal cadence going which vibrates my sinus cavities and helps keep them cleared during this allergy season, and it also helps sooth my nerves after a tough day at work and in the freeway NASCAR race on the way home in the afternoon. Very therapeudic!

In addition to the new job offer I've been concentrating on, another option is becoming more and more real now. The engineering group I'm currently working in as a damn contract employee is now wrapping up a deal to spin-off from it's parent company and form a joint-venture with a high-tech business in Florida, where a few of our old staff engineers wound up going. Part of the joint-venture deal is to make all the contract employees in our particular group full-timers! That would mean working as a Salaried employee again, earning good benefits, etc... all the things I was after from this other gig I've been patiently waiting on. NOW...since the first place has waited so long to make up their minds and this new potentially good thing is getting to look more real with each passing day, I'm going to wait to hear what kind of deal this new joint-venture opportunity is planning to cut me. It might just turn out to be a much better option! So I've amended my chanting focus a bit in the past couple days, seeking the good fortune to land the better of the TWO options now before me. Sure is a new and different feeling now to have options to choose from, instead of scrounging around and jumping at the first crumb of opportunity that shows itself. You don't suppose.....my recent chanting and all that karma being sent my way from y'all has anything to do with it, do you? NAHHHH!.....it's gotta just be a coincidence (LOL). Tune in again soon for my next episode of Job Search!

PTDoobie, glad you liked that little ditty I sent your way. That stupid fucking song has been bouncing around in my head off-and-on since the 7th fuckin' grade! Now it can bounce around between your ears and drive you nuts, too! Thought you might want another tune to sing the doobie bros. to sleep with.

On the subject of cannabis, I took your advice and tossed the Jiffy Pod idea. Broke up all the Jiffy peat and mixed it together with BOG's potting soil recommendation and a little vermiculite. Already seeing much better (quicker) results from this latest batch of South African x Skunk seeds planted just a couple days ago! So far, so good. Got good lighting, good heating, good moisture, and a light breeze swaying those lil' doggies back and forth. If my good fortune continues in this arena, I'll be down shopping at my local Home Depot for some hps supplies soon! By the way, were you still plannng on sendin' a little seedy sumthin-sumthin my way? If you're still feeling generous, I'll PM you my "addy" .

Thanks again for all the good vibes SG, SoCal,StoneGirl, and "Thomas".

Keep Em Green and Growin'

GordyP
                    Find the good, and praise it

Comment

AW sweetie! I wasn't busting your ass...

I was asking a legit question. I've been not wanting to say anything for a long time, but figured it must mean something I had missed and had to admit that I didn't know! All that wondering and figuring and PTB was a typo all this! HA!

Congrats on the tinkerbell act. Remember, it's most basic sustaining feature is the display of the Buddha powers for all to see. It is your use of faith as the medium used to paint your life on the canvas of existence, that keeps it coming. Keep it coming.

Congrats on keep you sinuses clear Gordy! The melody can become magical, can't it? Cruising along, singing the song, of life.

Ain't it grand?

T
                      Nam-myoho-renge-kyo!

Comment

true aspect of all phenomena

The ultimate truth or reality that permeates all phenomena and is in no way separate from them. A principal expressed in the "Expedient Means" (second) chapter of the Lotus Sutra. The chapter states: "The true aspect of all phenomena can only be shared and understood between Buddhas. This reality consists of the appearance, nature, entity, power, influence, internal cause, relation, latent effect, manifest effect, and their consistency from beginning to end." The "Expedient Means" Chapter defines the true aspect of all phenomena of life, from "appearance" through "their consistency from beginning to end," which describe the unchanging aspect of life common to all phenomena. Since the ten factors exist in any being of the Ten Worlds, there can be no fundamental difference between a Buddha and an ordinary person. This revelation of the ten factors of life thus establishes a theoretical basis for the universal attainment of Buddhaood. Based on this passage of the "Expedient Means" chapter, T'ien-t'ai (539-597) established the philosophical system of three thousand realms in a single moment of life. In his 1273 work titled 'The True Aspect of All Phenomena', Nichiren defined "all phenomena" as all living beings and their environments in the Ten worlds, and the "true aspect" as the Law of Nam-myoho-renge-kyo, the ultimate reality permeating all living beings and their environments in any of the Ten Worlds. All phenomena, he stated, are manifestations of this universal Law; phenomena and the ultimate truth are inseparable and non-dual.

From the 'Dictionary of Buddhism'
                        Last edited by PassTheDoobie; 10-21-2004, 05:35.
                        Nam-myoho-renge-kyo!

Comment

Whats the Tune PTB OR GORDYP

Sorry PTD but everyone is just going to have to accept my PTB, it must mean something because I have never noticed and can't change at this space and time continum. And I know you were't bustin my ass! That has never been a part of our relationship!

Gordy P! Just like I said, end result. Don't try and figure it out. You might have 3 by the end of the week. I want nothing more than for you to receive actual proof! That doesn't mean you would go to Florida would it? Just replace the ones there? Just curious!

And I know it is the budda nature Thomas, but Tinkerbell is so cute! I rememer about 12 years ago when grasping the concept of many lifes, me looking at you and asking,"Then maybe I could chant to come back as Tinkerbell in one lifetime." You looked at me like I had lost my mind. ha ha I will NEVER forget that! So that is why I brought it up. I have to show you that it is still me sometimes, or maybe I need to know myself that I'm still me. Life is up-side-down right now and totally do not have a clue where this is going. Love, SG

Comment

good morning

you are so right SG!"sometimes our sincere prayers are answered in ways that we can't see. WE see it initially as something really bad. And even tho it might not be our way of doing it the end result is better than what we thought it to be"
                            first thing in the morning I talk to PTD and told him what had happen to me yesterday, and he told me to look up what SG had post, it is very similer to mine experience, so here I am and all touched by your experience SG, I can only praise the power of NamMyoHoRengeKyo. and thank you all there are chanting too, so I know I am not alone here, got to go again, take care SG,Socal,GordyP,PTD

always have faith and always chant with confidance, love
                            stonegirl

Comment

ten mystic principles

Ten principles set forth by T'ien-t'ai (538-597) in 'The Profound Meaning of the Lotus Sutra' interpreting the word 'myo' of 'Myoho-renge-kyo', the title of the Lotus Sutra. According to T'ien-t'ai, the ten mystic principles are all implicit in the single word 'myo'. There are two categories of the ten mystic principles: the ten mystic principles of the theoretical teaching (first half) of the Lotus sutra, and the ten mystic principles of the essential teaching (latter half) of the sutra. In the descriptions below, the word 'mystic' is a translation of 'myo'.

The ten mystic principles of the theoretical teaching are based on the concepts of the true aspect of all phenomena and the replacement of the three vehicles with the one vehicle. They are (1) the mystic principle of reality, meaning that the objective reality observed and illuminated by wisdom is mystic; (2) the mystic principal of wisdom, that the wisdom with which one understands this reality is mystic; (3) the mystic principle of practice, that practice based on mystic wisdom is mystic; (4) the mystic principle of stages (which are attained through practice), that the stages leading to enlightenment are mystic; (5) the mystic principle of the three elements, that objective reality or truth, subjective wisdom, and the behavior arising from the fusion of these two, are mystic; (6) the mystic principle of responsive communion, meaning that the Buddha appearing in order to respond to the peoples desire to seek him is mystic; (7) the mystic principle of transcendental power, that the supernatural powers the Buddha uses to reveal the truth are mystic; (8) the mystic principle of preaching, that the Buddha's preaching what is verbally inexpressible is mystic; (9) the mystic principle of relationship, that all people are related to the Buddha is mystic; and (10) the mystic principle of merit and benefit, that people who received the seeds of Buddhahood major world system dust particle 'kalpas' ago finally attain the truth through the process of maturing is mystic.

The ten mystic principle of the essential teaching are based on the revelation Buddha's original enlightenment countless 'kalpas' in the past as expounded in the "Life Span" (sixteenth) chapter. The ten mystic principles of the theoretical teaching are preparatory to the ten mystic principles of the essential teaching. Because the Buddha who revealed his enlightenment in the remote past is called the true Buddha, each of the mystic principles of the essential teaching are modified by the word "true." They are the mystic principles of (1) true cause, meaning that the practices of the true Buddha are mystic, (2) true effect, that the merits and virtues attained by the true Buddha are mystic; (3) true land, that the land where the true Buddha dwells is mystic; (4) true responsive communion, that the true Buddha appearing in response to the people's desire to seek him is mystic; (5) true transcendental power, that the supernatural powers the true Buddha displays when he preaches are mystic; (6) true preaching, that the true Buddha's preaching in the remote past is mystic; (7) true relationship, that the people who formed connections to the true Buddha in the remote past are mystic; (8) true nirvana, that the true Buddha's nirvana is not an expedient means but external and inherent, and therefore is mystic; (9) true life span, meaning that, though the true Buddha's life span is eternal, his repeatedly being reborn as an ordinary mortal with a life span he desires is mystic; and (10) true benefit, that the benefit the true Buddha bestows upon the people in the Land of Eternally Tranquil Light is mystic.

Last edited by PassTheDoobie; 10-21-2004, 19:33.
                              Nam-myoho-renge-kyo!

Comment

Land of Eternally Tranquil Light

Also, Land of Tranquil Light or Land of Eternal Light. The Buddha land, which is free from impermanence and impurity. The Land Of Eternally Tranquil Light is one of the four kinds of lands described in the doctrine of the T'ien-t'ai school, the other three being the Land of Sages and Common Mortals, the Land of Transition, and the Land of Actual Reward. In many sutras, this 'saha' world is described as an impure land filled with delusions and sufferings, and the Buddha land as a pure land free from these and far removed from this 'saha' world. In contrast, the Lotus Sutra reveals the 'saha' world to be the Buddha land, or the Land of Eternally Tranquil Light, and explains that the nature of a land is determined by the minds of its inhabitants.

Nam-myoho-renge-kyo!

Comment

Working...
                                X