What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Chanting Growers Group

Status
Not open for further replies.

Babbabud

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo!!

Nam Myoho Renge Kyo!!

Gypsy our friend :) Thanks for looking out buddy :wave:

DG Hugs!!

Hey So Cal hope all is going super well :joint:
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo!!

Desiderata

Bodhisattva of the Earth
Veteran
First of all, I would like to say Nam Myoho Renge Kyo! I logged on via "Always To The Left's" email sent from ICMag alittle while ago. Much respect to you all here on our thread!.............. "Always", wow and another great big WOW to you brother,...........that was a great post and awe inspiring!

I would like to give Babba a big hug for reminding me of my home. I miss you all, PTD's wonderful posts and Easy, and SoCal's also..............but no one is slack here,........ Bonzo, Karmpa, my fellow surfers, surfing is the chanting of the ocean for sure, so quiet and yet so powerful with it's spiritual strength, and massive in it's arm to embrace the whole earth.

I've been busy trying to make ends meet. Well, the chanting you all handed me on a golden leaf has changed my everyday ways and means. It helps direct my course of actions and desires in a spiritual and mystical manner. I just chant at random times and although I have to run at certain times to meet deadlines, chanting is the walking inbetween those times of hurry that I collect all of life that has meaning to me.

Chanting "Nam Myoho Renge Kyo" is the raft that floated up while I treaded water and as friends do, we joined hands in favor of One. I no longer tread water in the middle of the ocean, I ride my raft along the old agged currents of life and wind, as chanting lifts me up and makes life bearable and even enjoyable...........I smile, I laugh out loud, to you and me,.....this is no joke, this is forever, our love for one another, for the mystical life that I strive to understand and grasp all I can.

Thank you all for being who you are, for we all are one Nam Myoho Renge Kyo!

Iv'e been in a silent mode lately, which is uncommon for me, but it is a good thing I believe.........I'm absorbing so much that words are unnecessary at times of speaking less...............learning more.............but I can still ramble a road!

Love you all, Desi.

G

After I just finished gongyo then had the 'urge' to pickup the Goshos I opened upto a short Gosho called A Sage Perceives the Three Exsistences of Life on page 641 and I wanted to share the last paragraph with you all since it was very significant since I have been posting about how the Gohonzon speaks to us,

" My disciples, you should believe what I say and watch what happens. These things do not occur because I myself am respectworthy, but because the power of the Lotus Sutra is supreme. If I praise myself, people will think that I am boastful, but if I humble myself, they will despise the Sutra. The taller the pine tree, the longer the wisteria vine hanging from it. The deeper the source, the longer the stream. How fortunate, how joyful! In this impure land, I alone enjoy happiness and delight."

Please note : A Buddha's prophecy is based on the strict law of causality, which governs life throughout eternity.By observing the present with an understadning of causality, the past and the future may be known.

Lotus Sutra ch. 2. "Their consistency from begining to end" from gongyo is the last of the ten factors. It implies that, by observing the beginning, or the first factor, that is, "appearance", one with the Buddha wisdom can discern the ultimate outcome, that is, the end, or "manifest effect"

OOHHH THIS GETS EVEN BETTER! Read one of PTD's posts from a Gosho or read a Gosho please, read it aloud and chant Nam-Myoho-Renge-Kyo! It gets better!

:wave:

Last edited:
G

Desiderata said:
First of all, I would like to say Nam Myoho Renge Kyo! I logged on via "Always To The Left's" email sent from ICMag alittle while ago. Much respect to you all here on our thread!.............. "Always", wow and another great big WOW to you brother,...........that was a great post and awe inspiring!

I would like to give Babba a big hug for reminding me of my home. I miss you all, PTD's wonderful posts and Easy, and SoCal's also..............but no one is slack here,........ Bonzo, Karmpa, my fellow surfers, surfing is the chanting of the ocean for sure, so quiet and yet so powerful with it's spiritual strength, and massive in it's arm to embrace the whole earth.

I've been busy trying to make ends meet. Well, the chanting you all handed me on a golden leaf has changed my everyday ways and means. It helps direct my course of actions and desires in a spiritual and mystical manner. I just chant at random times and although I have to run at certain times to meet deadlines, chanting is the walking inbetween those times of hurry that I collect all of life that has meaning to me.

Chanting "Nam Myoho Renge Kyo" is the raft that floated up while I treaded water and as friends do, we joined hands in favor of One. I no longer tread water in the middle of the ocean, I ride my raft along the old agged currents of life and wind, as chanting lifts me up and makes life bearable and even enjoyable...........I smile, I laugh out loud, to you and me,.....this is no joke, this is forever, our love for one another, for the mystical life that I strive to understand and grasp all I can.

Iv'e been in a silent mode lately, which is uncommon for me, but it is a good thing I believe.........I'm absorbing so much that words are unnecessary at times of speaking less...............learning more.............but I can still ramble a road!

Love you all, Desi.
Fantastic post Desi!

Pleased to see you write and don't be such a stranger if anything let us know whats cooking in those currents your riding, and I'll be sure to do the same. As you know by chanting with us your also part of our family and I consider you as valuable as my next brother or sister in our mission of Kosen-rufu. Your words are inspirational and as such deserve alot of Respect!

I can understand how keeping silent and mellow at times has its benefits but I try not to get complacent and stuck in the moment because as I progress I realize the importance of Nam-myoho-renge-kyo! Have appreciation when you chant for me there is nothing sweeter sometimes, when the currents of life get rough and rocky, increase you resolve and have the conviction of Nichiren to overcome every obstacle with a cheerful appreciation that we have been protected enough to make it this far and do so much better. Everyday is a gift from the Gohonzon for us to really make it better than the last, today I really tried and I know you did too. That makes me feel great! Hope you feel great too.

:joint: Smoking my last one here, I'll enjoy it and start this week of RIGHT!!!

Love you guys too!

Bonzo

Veteran
Hi Desi!! I must agree with easy , great post bro!

i need a little advice here the meeting im supposed to go to ais the same group of people from the meeting last week, i didnt say anything then but i didn't feel welcome at that meeting at all, nowone introduced themselves and i just got such a heavy "GUT" feeling that it was not for me. Now im supposed to go to a meeting with the same group of people at a different persons house. I just talked to the guy who had the meeting at his house last week that i attended and i got the same feeling! Like NO ENTHUSIASM! I dont know how to put it except all i know is that if i had a meeting at my house or any kind of gathering i would make damn sure someone new would be be welcomed with open arms and made as comfortable as can be. LIKE ALL OF YOU GUYS HERE ARE TO ME! Im trippn' on this a bit and just wanted some feedback.

thanks my friends

bonz

>>>>>>>>>>nam myoho renge kyo>>>>>>>>>>

Babbabud

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Bonz how you doing buddy? :) Yea its not always what we expect it to be but then again its not always what we Think it is either. Im sure if given a chance you will see how friendly and compassionate these people can be. I did think I saw you mention more then one group that you have met with though. Im wondering about the other group you met with? Was that the "super friendly" group I think you met with before? Just wondering if you can go to those meetings instead without it being a problem ? Get in front of that Gohonzon and chant about this Bonz its the right thing to do. Keep going forward brother your ready to go forward and get your own Gohonzon.Of course you could always go to this meeting and be SURE the next new person is welcomed like you would want to be welcomed :)))
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo!!

Bonzo

Veteran
Hey Babba, :wave: thanks dude for helpin' me out. So far ive only been to 1 "house group" the one i described above, have met some very enthusiastic people that are turnig out either to be a bit flaky in there promise to call and hook me up with other meetings or just dont want to help? WTF? :confused: Im gettin' a bit confused here and a tad annoyed, maybe I need to be more assertive? I'd love to go to your group Babba , it sounds FRIENDLY and ENTHUSIASTIC! Well im kinda commited to this one and ive chanted alot allready for it to be a positive encounter so we'll see what happens.

Thanks again Babba!! Say hi to Mrs B for me!

peace

bonz :wave:

:woohoo: >>>>>>>>>>nam myoho renge kyo>>>>>>>>>> :woohoo:

treehuggers

A lot of powerful read in the last two pages.... wow...

Good night, have a beautiful day tomorrow everybody.. and ending of this one as well.

NAM MYOHO RENGE KYO
NAM MYOHO RENGE KYO!
loveyouall

fallenangel

hi all , just wanted to stop by and say hi . i havent been chanting latley but i think ill try to do a little more tommorow . i do love the way it makes me feel .
much love
fallen

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I'm sure you know......

I'm sure you know......

Delta9-THC said:
I have come to a realisation that I got to stop waiting for a better tommorow and actively make better todays
Just thought I'd share

Thankyou All Of You

Peace

But for those that may be just be joining us, that takes the concerted effort of chanting every day. It would seem such a simple thing to do, but it isn't. Fallenangel says (as we all have), " i do love the way it makes me feel ." But he prefaced it with (as we all have) " i havent been chanting latley but i think ill try to do a little more tommorow ."

Why is that? Why--when something makes us feel so good, and it's free, and we can do it while we do anything else--DON'T we chant Nam-myoho-renge-kyo more often? Are there any good answers? Hmmm, it just seems every time we think to do it, it's the wrong time. Could that really be the case?

The Devil of the Sixth Heaven (one's own fundamental darkness) is so insidious!

Last edited:

Bonzo

Veteran
Hi EVERYONE!! :wave: I just wanted to share that my meeting tonite was awesome. I was welcomed with a smile and open arms, it was just what i chanted for. We chanted. did Gognyo and chanted a bit more and then we sat around and shared some experiences, it was exactly what i needed. :woohoo:

What else can i say but NAM MYOHO RENGE KYO!! everyday, twice or more a day, for me anyway, and good things ARE happening as a direact result of this, its defnitely trippy but as they say the proof is in the puddin'!

I dont have as many questions as i used to, i do however have alot more faith. Somethin to that effect, i dont translate my thoughts and emotions very well through the computer, but i'm trying to improve that.

much love to everyone here :woohoo:

peace

bonz :wave:

:jump: >>>>>>>>>>nam myoho renge kyo>>>>>>>>>> :jump:

Last edited:

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hey Desi!

Hey Desi!

Desiderata said:

Love you all, Desi.

What a wonderful post! Thank you and keep sharing with us won't you?

Deepest respect,

Thomas

(And a huge "Well done!" to our Brother Bonzo! We all make our own happiness. You deserve deep respect for the constructive efforts you are making toward your own! It takes courage, Bonz! You are showing us the heart of a LION! Thank you so much for your encouragement coming from just living your life, Bonz! You are a wonderful example, as are all of you chanting growers!!! Thank you all so much for this incredible life experience of watching you all appear from all over the earth!)

Blatant

Just Droppin in......

Just Droppin in......

Good day and good evening, to all those living and breathing. Just catching up on some reading and following the goings on here. Glad all is well Bonzo. Believe in it and Manifest it. Like a certain guy here told me. How the hell they not gonna answer if you keep on Chanting for it? Bring in the Positivity and Leave all that Burden behind. But you already see it's fruitition.

For some that don't know me (this thread has grown so much since I first posted here in the begining) I be Blatant. Not as in Rude, but Outward, Direct, and at times Outrageous. But the sheer size of this thread and its continuity is a direct axample of the Law and how it brought me back. I never thought I as Blatant would be back. Loosing it back when the site was down I'm sure left a void for many. I know it did for Tom. But alls well now. You can't stop this.

Been Chanting for about two years and I can say I am way ahead of where I was back before. Waaaaaay Ahead. So push on and Chant. Do it when ever, even on the Toilet! What? You rather read? :biglaugh:

Blatant :wave:

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Everyone in Japan, from the sovereign on down to the common people, without exception has tried to do me harm, but I have survived until this day. You should realize that this is because, although I am alone, I have firm faith.

[ The Supremacy of the Law, WND Page 614 ]

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
"Though scholars in this country may have studied Buddhism extensively, they do not know which practice accords with the time."

(On Practicing the Buddha's Teachings - The Writings of Nichiren Daishonin, page 394) Selection source: SGI President Ikeda's essay, Seikyo Shimbun, August 27th, 2006

Delta9-THC

from the mists and the shadows .... there you wil
Veteran
PassTheDoobie said:
But for those that may be just be joining us, that takes the concerted effort of chanting every day. It would seem such a simple thing to do, but it isn't. Fallenangel says (as we all have), " i do love the way it makes me feel ." But he prefaced it with (as we all have) " i havent been chanting latley but i think ill try to do a little more tommorow ."

Why is that? Why--when something makes us feel so good, and it's free, and we can do it while we do anything else--DON'T we chant Nam-myoho-renge-kyo more often? Are there any good answers? Hmmm, it just seems every time we think to do it, it's the wrong time. Could that really be the case?

The Devil of the Sixth Heaven (one's own fundamental darkness) is so insidious!

Yes ... I know ///

Hope you are well and with me Tom....

Effort is nothing Faith is everything

and that goes out to Treehuggers , Bonzo, Scegy, Babba ,Fallen , PTD, basically everyone on this thread ...NAM MYOHO RENGE KYO

Im no teacher I just Learn

Peace :joint:

G

Delta9-THC said:
I have come to a realisation that I got to stop waiting for a better tommorow and actively make better todays
Just thought I'd share

Thankyou All Of You

Peace

Good thinking. You cannot burn off yesterday's bad karma tomorrow - it's a now thing.

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Delta Brother

Delta Brother

Delta9-THC said:
Yes ... I know ///

Hope you are well and with me Tom....

There isn't a day that goes by that I don't look forward to hearing what you have to say.

Delta9-THC said:
Effort is nothing Faith is everything

Remember this from page one, post five:

Prayer without action is idealism, and action without prayer is futile.

The difference between a common mortal and a Buddha, is that a common mortal is deluded, and a Buddha is not.

Eliminating delusion equals enlightenment.

What is the appropriate way to achieve this in Mappo?

(chanting Nam-myoho-renge-kyo)

Delta9-THC said:
Im no teacher I just Learn

Peace :joint:

You teach me all the time!

G

:dueling: touche!

very enjoyable posts recently, I really appreciate the constant "flow" on this thread, and find peace within the collective effort.

Status
Not open for further replies.