X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PassTheDoobie
    replied
    "What defines us as human? The noted Thai author and diplomat Luang Wichit Wathakan (1898–1962) declared that it was 'struggling against life’s travails, and facing tribulations with courage.'[1]

SGI Newsletter No. 8381, Chanting Nam-myoho-renge-kyo—A Victory Song of Life, from the December 2011 issue of Daibyakurenge, translated Nov. 18th, 2011

[1] Translated from Thai. Kamkom kwamkid kong Poltree Luang Wichitwathakan (Major General Luang Wichit Wathakan’s Insightful Words and Wisdom) (Bangkok: Sangsan Books Co., Ltd., 2000), p. 74.

Leave a comment:

• PassTheDoobie
    replied
    "It’s useless to start out vigorously at the forefront and then tire out in the middle and come in last. One can’t remain a trailblazer to the end with only that initial vigour. Staying power is important. In that regard, it’s vital that grassroots efforts be based on careful planning. Trailblazing must be backed up by steadfastness."

SGI Newsletter No. 8527, The New Human Revolution––Vol. 25: Chap. 3, Gentle Breeze 1, translated 1st June 2102

Leave a comment:

• Payaso
    replied
    Nam Myoho Renge Kyo!

Leave a comment:

• CrazyDog
    replied
    Originally posted by PassTheDoobie View Post
    You speak English beautifully! We are here together from all over the world! How cool is that? How mystic must be our connection!

FORWARD!!!

Bowing in humble obeisance,

Thomas

is great, we are all gathered here :-)

"Certainly things don't always work out as we hope. We experience failures, we have setbacks, and at times we may even lose our drive for life. But at such times, we need to get back on our feet again and advance towards our goals. Having that kind of perseverance is crucial.

"Tell yourself, 'It's fine that I'm not capable enough yet! I don't care how others see me!' filled with the determination to not be defeated!"

SGI Newsletter No. 8696. The New Human Revolution––Vol. 26: Chap. 1,Atsuta 31, translated 8th Jan., 2013

Leave a comment:

• iConnex
    replied
    http://www.daisakuikeda.org/sub/audi.../podcasts.html

if anyone has some time...
    I ask him to listen to this...
    Nam Myoho Renge Kyo!

Leave a comment:

• Payaso
    replied
    This wisdom seems perfect for today.

The inviolable rules of dialogue
    are to "listen" carefully,
    "respect" what the other person has to say
    and always have the attitude to want to "learn" from them.
    Let's become people of sincerity and earnestness!

Daisaku Ikeda
    I must always remember to do this.

Nam Myoho Renge Kyo!

Leave a comment:

• PassTheDoobie
    replied
    The inviolable rules of dialogue
    are to "listen" carefully,
    "respect" what the other person has to say
    and always have the attitude to want to "learn" from them.
    Let's become people of sincerity and earnestness!

Daisaku Ikeda

Leave a comment:

• PassTheDoobie
    replied
    "Those who remain true to their beliefs and refuse to compromise with the powers that be are sure to be caught up in storms of persecution. A true reformer is able to withstand the onslaught of such persecution."

SGI Newsletter No. 8623, The New Human Revolution Vol. 25: Chap. 4, Bastion of
    Capable People 38, translated 21st Sep. 2012

Leave a comment:

• PassTheDoobie
    replied
    "The great omens of the “Supernatural Powers” chapter foretold that the essence of the Lotus Sutra would spread widely after the Buddha’s demise, when the two thousand years of the Former and Middle Days of the Law had passed and the Latter Day of the Law had begun."

(On Omens, Writings the Nichiren Daishonin, Vol.1, page 646) Selection Source: Kyo no Hosshin, Seikyo Shinbun, September 26th, 2012

Leave a comment:

• PassTheDoobie
    replied
    "The 'great vow' refers to the propagation of the Lotus Sutra."

(The Record of the Orally Transmitted Teachings, page 82) Selection Source: Kyo no Hosshin, Seikyo Shinbun, September 28th, 2012

Leave a comment:

• iConnex
    replied
    Originally posted by PassTheDoobie View Post
    You speak English beautifully! We are here together from all over the world! How cool is that? How mystic must be our connection!

FORWARD!!!

Thomas
    Always nice words Doobie
    you have all my respect!

Nam-myoho-renge-kyo!

Leave a comment:

• PassTheDoobie
    replied
    "Wishing our partners would practise Buddhism is the natural expression of our concern for happiness in the family. But arguing about religion and allowing it to become a source of conflict is counterproductive. The important thing is to remember our original intent — our partner’s happiness. We should reach out to our partner with words and actions filled with love and kindness. That’s the Buddhist way."

SGI Newsletter No. 8636, The New Human Revolution––Vol. 25: Chap. 4, Bastion of Capable People 54, translated 25th Sep, 2012

Leave a comment:

• PassTheDoobie
    replied
    "Speaking of the power of praise, the Daishonin writes: 'The more gold is heated in the flames, the brighter will be its colour; the more a sword is whetted, the sharper it will become' (WND-1, 673). Let us praise and encourage the innate goodness and talent of children, which are like gold or a fine sword. I hope you will search out each child’s strengths and the areas where they are challenging themselves, sincerely praising them whenever the opportunity presents itself."

SGI Newsletter No. 8681, Encouragement for Soka Educators (2) Creating a New Age of Education Where Teacher and Student Grow Together—Part 2 [of 3], from the 2nd Feb., 2012, issue of the Seikyo Shimbun, translated 30th Nov. 2012

Leave a comment:

• PassTheDoobie
    replied
    Originally posted by CrazyDog View Post

excuse me if I do not speak English well.

FORWARD!!!

Thomas

Leave a comment:

• CrazyDog
    replied
    Wise and sincere words. We must always value our selves and be aware of the "seeking approval" tendencies that many of us exhibit in our lives.

excuse me if I do not speak English well. how many beautiful words in this 3d

Leave a comment:

Working...
X