Leave a comment:

• CrazyDog
    replied
    There is nothing that inspires people more
    than our own personal experiences.
    It's the positive effects you yourself have experienced from this practise
    that hits home best with others!
    Let's share our enthusiasm for this practise
    with as many friends as we possibly can.

Leave a comment:

• iConnex
    replied
    I am here Doobie! I always read everything you write

Nam-myoho-renge-kyo!

Leave a comment:

• PassTheDoobie
    replied
    "Now, no matter what, strive in faith and be known as a votary of the Lotus Sutra, and remain my disciple for the rest of your life."

(The True Aspect of All Phenomena - The Writings of Nichiren Daishonin, Vol.1, page 385) Selection source: "Kyo no Hosshin", Seikyo Shimbun, January 11th, 2013

Leave a comment:

• PassTheDoobie
    replied
    "As you all know, salmon are born in rivers, swim to the sea where they grow to adulthood, before returning several years later to lay their eggs in the rivers in which they were born. They swim strenuously upstream against the current, sometimes injuring themselves on rocks and stones, and then the males and females come together and spawn. The female salmon protect the eggs in a hole they cover with gravel. After which, the parent salmon die.

“Salmon give their all so they can leave behind descendants. The same is true of human beings. That’s how challenging it is to produce successors.

“I hope that all of you will make the same arduous effort to pass on to your children, your grandchildren, and your juniors in faith, all that you have learnt and accumulated in your lives through your Buddhist practice. Continuing to kindle the flame of faith in those around you is how we ensure the eternal perpetuation of the Law."

SGI Newsletter No. 8697, The New Human Revolution––Volume 26: Chapter 1, Atsuta 33, translated Jan. 9th, 2013

Leave a comment:

• PassTheDoobie
    replied
    "Now, no matter what, strive in faith and be known as a votary of the Lotus Sutra, and remain my disciple for the rest of your life. If you are of the same mind as Nichiren, you must be a Bodhisattva of the Earth."

(The True Aspect of All Phenomena - The Writings of Nichiren Daishonin, Vol. 1, page 385) Selection source: Kyo no Hosshin, Seikyo Shimbun, November 30th, 2012

Leave a comment:

• PassTheDoobie
    replied
    "What can we say, then, of persons who are devoting themselves to Buddhism? Surely they should not forget the debts of gratitude they owe to their parents, their teachers, and their country. But if one intends to repay these great debts of gratitude, one can hope to do so only if one learns and masters Buddhism, becoming a person of wisdom."

(On Repaying Debts of Gratitude - The Writings of Nichiren Daishonin, page 690) Selection source: "Kyo no Hosshin", Seikyo Shimbun, January 18th, 2013

Leave a comment:

• PassTheDoobie
    replied
    Those who are humble to learn from others and appreciate what they learn are truly broad-minded. It is with such a beautiful heart their faith radiantly manifests itself.

Daisaku Ikeda

Leave a comment:

• iConnex
    replied
    Originally posted by PassTheDoobie View Post
    I always write it so you can be careful, Brother Connex....

Nam-myoho-renge-kyo!
    Thx Doobie

glad to know that even today there are people like you on which they could rely....

Bless

Nam-myoho-renge-kyo!

Leave a comment:

• PassTheDoobie
    replied
    Originally posted by iConnex View Post

Im always careful about what you write brother Doobie....

Nam-myoho-renge-kyo!
    I always write it so you can be careful, Brother Connex....

Nam-myoho-renge-kyo!

Leave a comment:

• iConnex
    replied
    Im always careful about what you write brother Doobie....

Nam-myoho-renge-kyo!

Leave a comment:

• PassTheDoobie
    replied
    "Exert yourself in the two ways of practice and study. Without practice and study, there can be no Buddhism. You must not only persevere yourself; you must also teach others. Both practice and study arise from faith. Teach others to the best of your ability, even if it is only a single sentence or phrase."

(The True Aspect of All Phenomena - The Writings of Nichiren Daishonin, Vol. 1, page 386)
    Selection source: "Teachings of Buddhism", Seikyo Shimbun, January 9th, 2013

Leave a comment:

• PassTheDoobie
    replied
    "A women’s division member, whom my wife and I will never forget, has said: 'Working for peace is nothing complex; it is simply an expression of our care and compassion for others.' She was exposed to the Hiroshima bombing at Meijibashi Bridge, a short distance from the blast’s epicenter. As a member of the volunteer group Hiroshima o Kataru Kai (Speaking about Hiroshima), she often shared her experiences with students who visited the city on school trips. Students from the Kansai Soka Schools also had the opportunity to listen to her speak.

"In addition to suffering from radiation exposure, she also experienced discrimination as a Korean resident of Japan. But despite the challenges and struggles she faced, she never gave up. An experience in elementary school when her friend stood up for her against schoolyard bullying sustained her. She said she will never forget the warmth of that friend’s hand on her shoulder—how that one act of kindness erased so many memories of suffering and sadness for her.

"In the depths of their lives, all people yearn for peace and have the potential for love and compassion for others.

"The smallest bit of courage can become the strength to protect a friend. The simplest words of kindness can change a person’s life.

"The important thing is to awaken the innate conscience and courage that exists within each person, and thereby bring together our communities, societies, and humanity as a whole."

SGI Newsletter No. 8693. Our Brilliant Path to Victory. The 55th Anniversary of President Toda’s Declaration for the Abolition of Nuclear Weapons—Part 2 [of 2], from the 12th Sep., 2012, issue of the Seikyo Shimbun, translated 28th Dec. 2012

Leave a comment:

• PassTheDoobie
    replied
    "I entrust you with the propagation of Buddhism in your province. It is stated that 'the seeds of Buddhahood sprout as a result of conditions, and for this reason they preach the single vehicle.'"

(The Properties of Rice - The Writings of Nichiren Daishonin, page 1117) Selection source: "Kyo no Hosshin", Seikyo Shimbun, January 17th, 2013

Leave a comment:

Working...
X