What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Chanting Growers Group

Status
Not open for further replies.

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
"I entrust you with the propagation of Buddhism in your province. It is stated that 'the seeds of Buddhahood sprout as a result of conditions, and for this reason they preach the single vehicle.'"

(The Properties of Rice - The Writings of Nichiren Daishonin, page 1117) Selection Source: "Kyo no Hosshin", Seikyo Shinbun September 15th, 2012

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
"...one member commented: 'I find it difficult to put into practice the eloquence, wisdom, and compassion that the guidance of the SGI suggests we aspire to.' In response, I said:

"Just be yourself. All you have to do is keep chanting sincere daimoku and advance freely in a manner that is true to yourself. That is what is meant by the Buddhist principle of 'revealing one's true and highest potential.' The practice of Nichiren Daishonin's Buddhism allows one's true self to shine forth....Surely the true and most humane way for us to live is to advance just as we are, as ordinary people, basing our lives on Nam-myoho-renge-kyo and striving to improve ourselves even if little by little. Buddhism is the great Law that is open to all people; it does not make irrational or unreasonable demands."

SGI Newsletter No. 8203, OUR BRILLIANT PATH TO VICTORY, The Great Light of the Westward Transmission of Buddhism--Part 2 [of 2], from the February 19th, 2011, issue of the Seikyo Shimbun, translated April 6th, 2011

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Let us use our hope-filled, encouraging voices
to encourage and cheer up our friends
who may be going through tough times.
Let us have a smile on our faces that radiates a warm caring concern.
It is in the very midst of trying circumstances
that we need to be like a revitalising spring breeze.

Daisaku Ikeda

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
"I am praying that, no matter how troubled the times may become, the Lotus Sutra and the ten demon daughters will protect all of you, praying as earnestly as though to produce fire from damp wood, or to obtain water from parched ground."

(On Rebuking Slander of the Law and Eradicating Sins - The Writings of Nichiren Daishonin, Vol.1, page 444) Selection source: "Kyo no Hosshin", Seikyo Shimbun, April 13th, 2011

Skip

Veteran
Thanks to everyone for this amazing thread!
We have to close it now because it's too long.
Please start a new Chanting thread. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.