This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"You will grow younger, and your good fortune will accumulate."

(The Unity of Husband and Wife - The Writings of Nichiren Daishonin, Vol.1, page 464)
    Selection Source: Myoji no Gen, Seikyo Shinbun, September 20th, 2012
    Nam-myoho-renge-kyo!

Comment

"One’s underlying attitude when facing a predicament can make one weak or strong. For example, the impulse to protect only oneself can be relatively weak and fragile, but a mother’s impulse to protect her child from danger is very powerful. The spirit to support others makes people strong.

"Kosen-rufu is an effort of supreme good and the greatest way to benefit others. The determination to protect the Soka Gakkai, for the sake of kosen-rufu, is a driving force for maximising one’s potential."

SGI Newsletter No. 8623, The New Human Revolution Vol. 25: Chap. 4, Bastion of Capable People 27, translated 19th Sep. 2012
      Nam-myoho-renge-kyo!

Comment

"The Daishonin cites the words: 'Since the Law is wonderful, the person is worthy of respect; since the person is worthy of respect, the land is sacred'[1] (WND-1, 1097). The person who upholds the supreme Law deserves supreme respect. This is true humanism. How respectworthy, then, are all of you who are striving so hard to spread the Mystic Law! . . .

"Mr. Toda [also] gave guidance [on this point], quoting a passage from the Gosho 'On the Four Stages of Faith and the Five Stages of Practice.' The Daishonin states in that passage that his disciples who chant Nam-myoho-renge-kyo 'surpass by a hundred, thousand, ten thousand, million times the founders of the . . . various other schools of Buddhism.' And he adds, 'Therefore, I entreat the people of this country: Do not look down upon my disciples!' (WND-1, 788).

"You are not only chanting the Mystic Law (Nam-myoho-renge-kyo), but also spreading it throughout Japan and the world. You are carrying out the widespread propagation of the Law. As such you have a truly incredible stature.

"The Daishonin called on the people of Japan and the entire world not to look down on his disciples....

"If you should encounter criticism or ridicule arising from others’ ignorance or lack of understanding about our movement, just laugh it off, telling yourself, 'Why should I let such a person bother me? Am I going to let this little obstacle stop me?' and continue to live with pride and confidence."

SGI Newsletter No. 8615, Excerpts from SGI President Ikeda’s speech at the 6th Soka Gakkai Headquarters Leaders Meeting in Tokyo, 21st May, 2001. These excerpts were featured in a video of the speech, which was shown during the 60th Soka Gakkai Headquarters Leaders Meeting in Tokyo, 6th Sep., 2012. The excerpted text appeared in the 14th Sep., 2012, issue of the Seikyo Shimbun, the Soka Gakkai daily newspaper. Translated 14th Sep. 2012

[1] T’ien-t’ai, The Words and Phrases of the Lotus Sutra.
        Last edited by PassTheDoobie; 02-09-2013, 05:13.
        Nam-myoho-renge-kyo!

Comment

Originally posted by PassTheDoobie View Post

"The Daishonin cites the words: 'Since the Law is wonderful, the person is worthy of respect; since the person is worthy of respect, the land is sacred'[1] (WND-1, 1097). The person who upholds the supreme Law deserves supreme respect. This is true humanism. How respectworthy, then, are all of you who are striving so hard to spread the Mystic Law! . . .

"Mr. Toda [also] gave guidance [on this point], quoting a passage from the Gosho 'On the Four Stages of Faith and the Five Stages of Practice.' The Daishonin states in that passage that his disciples who chant Nam-myoho-renge-kyo 'surpass by a hundred, thousand, ten thousand, million times the founders of the . . . various other schools of Buddhism.' And he adds, 'Therefore, I entreat the people of this country: Do not look down upon my disciples!' (WND-1, 788).

"You are not only chanting the Mystic Law (Nam-myoho-renge-kyo), but also spreading it throughout Japan and the world. You are carrying out the widespread propagation of the Law. As such you have a truly incredible stature.

"The Daishonin called on the people of Japan and the entire world not to look down on his disciples....

"If you should encounter criticism or ridicule arising from others’ ignorance or lack of understanding about our movement, just laugh it off, telling yourself, 'Why should I let such a person bother me? Am I going to let this little obstacle stop me?' and continue to live with pride and confidence."

Kinda what Easy said, isn't it? I guess he has the point! It goes without saying that this applies to all of us everywhere!

Displaying the Proof of Actual Fact!

Much love and deepest respect,

Thomas
          Nam-myoho-renge-kyo!

Comment

"And yet, though one might point at the earth and miss it, though one might bind up the sky, though the tides might cease to ebb and flow and the sun rise in the west, it could never come about that the prayers of the practitioner of the Lotus Sutra would go unanswered."

(On Prayer - The Writings of Nichiren Daishonin, page 345) Selection source: Kyo no Hosshin, Seikyo Shimbun, September 19th, 2012
            Nam-myoho-renge-kyo!

Comment

"(T'ien-t'ai states, 'From the indigo, an even deeper blue.' This passage means that, if one dyes something repeatedly in indigo, it becomes even bluer than the indigo leaves.) The Lotus Sutra is like the indigo, and the strength of one's practice is like the deepening blue."

(Hell Is the Land of Tranquil Light - The Writings of Nichiren Daishonin, page 457)Selection source: SGI President Ikeda's essay, Seikyo Shimbun, January 1st, 2012
              Nam-myoho-renge-kyo!

Comment

Through sincere and caring dialogue with others,
                let's expand our circles of friendship and trust
                in our precious local communities!
                It is the strength that we gain by supporting one another
                that creates great hope for tomorrow.

Daisaku Ikeda
                Nam-myoho-renge-kyo!

Comment

"The concept that the attitudes and actions of all living beings are clearly perceived by the Buddhas and bodhisattvas throughout the universe is another way of saying that the impartial law of the causality of life applies to all."

SGI Newsletter No. 8187, The New Human Revolution--Vol. 24: Chap. 2, Vigilant Safeguarding 16, translated March 23rd, 2011
                  Nam-myoho-renge-kyo!

Comment

"Never seek this Gohonzon outside yourself. The Gohonzon exists only within the mortal flesh of us ordinary people who embrace the Lotus Sutra and chant Nam-myoho-renge-kyo."

(The Real Aspect of the Gohonzon - The Writings of Nichiren Daishonin, Vol.1, page 832)
                    Selection source: SGI President Ikeda's guidance, Seikyo Shimbun, March 26th, 2011
                    Nam-myoho-renge-kyo!

Comment

Happy New Year EVERYONE!!!!
                      Nam-myoho-renge-kyo!

Comment

What About Me?

Originally posted by PassTheDoobie View Post
                        "One’s underlying attitude when facing a predicament can make one weak or strong. For example, the impulse to protect only oneself can be relatively weak and fragile, but a mother’s impulse to protect her child from danger is very powerful. The spirit to support others makes people strong.

"Kosen-rufu is an effort of supreme good and the greatest way to benefit others. The determination to protect the Soka Gakkai, for the sake of kosen-rufu, is a driving force for maximising one’s potential."

SGI Newsletter No. 8623, The New Human Revolution Vol. 25: Chap. 4, Bastion of Capable People 27, translated 19th Sep. 2012
                        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FDSAAlrqAHM
                        (Video of Mipham Rinpoche's excellent music video)

Comment

Originally posted by DreamsofTesla View Post
                          Hey y'all

Mahayana here. Good to see you all. Playing sutras and overtone chanting in my grow room

<3Tesla
                          That includes everybody!
                          Nam-myoho-renge-kyo!

Comment

WoW! Nam Myoho Renge Kyo!

New life surges thru this thread... springtime of the soul and Nichiren is smiling?

Always good to stop in and chant while reading the daily words.

Nam Myoho Renge Kyo!

Comment

"In the eighth volume of The Annotations on 'Great Concentration and Insight' it says, 'The stronger one's faith, the greater the protection of the gods.' This means that the protection of the gods depends on the strength of one's faith."

(General Stone Tiger - The Writings of Nichiren Daishonin, Vol.1, page 953) Selection source: "Kyo no Hosshin", Seikyo Shimbun, February 8th, 2013
                              Nam-myoho-renge-kyo!

Comment

"When devilish functions are recognised for what they are, they lose their power. Mr. Toda said: 'No matter how great the obstacles you encounter, once you realise that they are devilish functions, you’ll feel emboldened and be easily able to overcome them.'[1] The first step in vanquishing devilish functions is seeing them for what they are."

SGI Newsletter No. 8713, Learning from the Writings of Nichiren Daishonin: The Teachings for Victory. [44] “The Workings of Brahma and Shakra,” Fostering Youth of Genuine Commitment Who Can Change History, translated 7th Feb. 2013, from the September 2012 issue of the Daibyakurenge.

[1] Article in Daibyakurenge, February 1952 issue.
                                Nam-myoho-renge-kyo!

Comment

Working...
                                X