Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"None of you who declare yourselves to be my disciples should ever give way to cowardice."

(The Actions of the Votary of the Lotus Sutra - The Writings of Nichiren Daishonin, Vol.1, page 764) Selection source: SGI President Ikeda's guidance, Seikyo Shimbun, December 9th, 2012
    Nam-myoho-renge-kyo!

Comment

"Please put down roots in your community, becoming a solid, reliable presence like a sturdy tree."

SGI Newsletter No. 8680, The New Human Revolution––Volume 26: Chapter 1, Atsuta 25, translated 30th Nov. 2012
      Nam-myoho-renge-kyo!

Comment

What definitely breaks down the wall of obstacles that hinders our advancement towards victory is: the strong determination we make right now to win, the actions that we take from right now and the momentum that we ourselves create by taking the initiative. Let's all live out our lives by fulfilling our noble missions for kosen-rufu!

Daisaku Ikeda
        Nam-myoho-renge-kyo!

Comment

"Although I and my disciples may encounter various difficulties, if we do not harbour doubts in our hearts, we will as a matter of course attain Buddhahood."

(The Opening of the Eyes - The Writings of Nichiren Daishonin, Volume 1, page 283)
          Selection source: "Kyo no Hosshin", Seikyo Shimbun, January 16th, 2013
          Nam-myoho-renge-kyo!

Comment

"No successful person has led a life that was only smooth sailing without exerting great effort. No one has ever triumphed in life without experiencing failures and setbacks. True victors in life are those who have persevered arduously through hardship, stood on the edge of despair many times, yet pressed forward tenaciously, again and again."

SGI Newsletter No. 8696. The New Human Revolution––Vol. 26: Chap. 1,Atsuta 32, translated 8th Jan., 2013
            Nam-myoho-renge-kyo!

Comment

"The lion king fears no other beast, nor do its cubs."

(On Persecutions Befalling the Sage - The Writings of Nichiren Daishonin, Vol.1, page 997) Selection source: SGI President Ikeda's guidance, Seikyo Shimbun, January 13th, 2013
              Nam-myoho-renge-kyo!

Comment

The efforts we make will always pay off.
                Unremitting efforts accumulated everyday
                certainly bring about fruitful results, rest assured.
                Believe in yourself and advance
                with the strong, decisive determination
                "I definitely will be victorious!"

Daisaku Ikeda
                Nam-myoho-renge-kyo!

Comment

"The stronger one's faith, the greater the protection of the gods."

(General Stone Tiger - The Writings of Nichiren Daishonin, Vol. 1, page 953) Selection Source: "Kyo no Hosshin", Seikyo Shimbun, January 14th, 2013
                  Nam-myoho-renge-kyo!

Comment

Each one of us is a Boddhisattva of the Earth.
                    Let's actively contribute to helping people in our local community
                    so that everyone, without exception, can lead a happy life
                    and is able to overcome any obstacle successfully.
                    That is our mission as members of the SGI.

Daisaku Ikeda
                    Nam-myoho-renge-kyo!

Comment

"The true measure of a person lies in their state of life. Living an idle existence without any worries or cares in a comfortable environment is not conducive to inner growth. Rather than achieving human revolution, one will only grow lazy and stagnate. In contrast, it could be said that adversity is the mother of inner transformation."

SGI Newsletter No. 8682, The New Human Revolution––Volume 26: Chapter 1, Atsuta 28, translated 4th Dec. 2012
                      Nam-myoho-renge-kyo!

Comment

Originally posted by PassTheDoobie View Post

..it could be said that adversity is the mother of inner transformation."
                        THAT WAS SURE FREAKING TRUE FOR ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                        Nam-myoho-renge-kyo!

Comment

"It has been twenty or more years now since I found myself in that situation and began the great battle. Not once have I thought of retreat."

(The Great Battle - The Writings of Nichiren Daishonin, Vol.2, page 465) Selection Source: Our Brilliant Path of Victory - 84, Seikyo Shinbun, September 12th, 2012
                          Nam-myoho-renge-kyo!

Comment

"What a joy it is for us to have been born in the Latter Day of the Law and to have shared in the propagation of the Lotus Sutra! How pitiful are those who, though born in this time, cannot believe in this sutra!"

(Letter to Niike - The Writings of Nichiren Daishonin, Vol.1, page 1026) Selection source: Kyo no Hosshin, Seikyo Shimbun, September 22nd, 2012
                            Nam-myoho-renge-kyo!

Comment

"Passion for kosen-rufu arises from community spirit. It is love for our communities that drives us to 'establish the correct teaching for the peace of the land,' efforts to further kosen-rufu in our local areas."

SGI Newsletter No. 8623, The New Human Revolution––Vol. 25: Chap. 4, Bastion of Capable People 32, translated 19th Sep. 2012
                              Nam-myoho-renge-kyo!

Comment

"(Although I and my disciples may encounter various difficulties, if we do not harbour doubts in our hearts, we will as a matter of course attain Buddhahood. Do not have doubts simply because heaven does not lend you protection. Do not be discouraged because you do not enjoy an easy and secure existence in this life.) This is what I have taught my disciples morning and evening, and yet they begin to harbour doubts and abandon their faith. Foolish men are likely to forget the promises they have made when the crucial moment comes."

(The Opening of the Eyes- The Writings of Nichiren Daishonin, page 283) Selection Source: "Kyo no Hosshin", Seikyo Shinbun September 17th, 2012
                                Nam-myoho-renge-kyo!

Comment

Working...
                                X