What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

What deficiency is my plant suffering

st0ric

20211217_093115.jpg
I thought the light was too strong but the yellowing has developed black spots on lower leaves, I think it's either phosphorous def or something else I forgot right now, been feeding duel fuel from green planet @ 1ml/L in coco

f-e

Mentor
Veteran
Be interesting to look at the pH.

Putting 1ml of each in seems about right, but it's a 'does everything' feed so unlikely to have the calcium (or magnesium) you need.

Dr.Young

K+ vibes
Veteran
If that is in veg, and LED.... Its highly likely you are giving too much DLI... daily light amounts with the light on 24hr is easy to overdo with LED.
1,000 ppfd intensity levels are fine in flower because the light is only on 12hr... but in veg with 18 to 24hr 1000ppfd is far too much... Along with high pressures from low humidity you will get nutrient issues, and etc

st0ric

If that is in veg, and LED.... Its highly likely you are giving too much DLI... daily light amounts with the light on 24hr is easy to overdo with LED.
1,000 ppfd intensity levels are fine in flower because the light is only on 12hr... but in veg with 18 to 24hr 1000ppfd is far too much... Along with high pressures from low humidity you will get nutrient issues, and etc

Yes veg and yes LED, 430w in a 3x3 but I had the light at 30" on roughly 30% I backed off to minimum and pulled the light up to maximum. Guess I should hook up my timer again so they get a sleep.

This is my first time using a full spectrum LED and I am still working out the true power they output, my humidity fluctuations are roughly between 30 and 65% and temp tends to stay around 21c to 30c. I was confused by getting an issue so early when Ive never had a nutritional issue in previous grows(all Coco bottom feed) do a light overdose makes sinse
here is a slightly better angle of the plant

20211217_093127.jpg

Dr.Young

K+ vibes
Veteran
Sounds like you are being smart with the light.... Id try to keep humidity 60-70%+... maybe some kinda watering issue or calmag issue involved too... Just get the humidity up and see if they act better.

st0ric

One thing I have learnt in the last 7 years of growing is whenever you change the environment it takes a lot to get everything back into a smooth flow, next step will be a good flush and probably repot because it's nothing but roots in the Autopot

f-e

Mentor
Veteran
Oh new pic...
Yep, there's the Mg signs I was looking for.

The_Skunkist

~~ Auto Ninja ~~
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hi there !
It is definitly a lack of calcium. Don't forget to use 1 part mg for 2 parts calcium. Light is a part of the food and nutrients another one and they should match together.
Nowdays people are surprised with the cal/mag consumption under leds.
Have a good grow.

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
Also I think the issue is a result of pH issues. The first pic shows a twisted leaf. What I see is an underfed plant with pH being off.

st0ric

Ok so looks like I'll need to buy some calmag for the first time ever, I had heard the nutrient uptake is much higher with LED. I've been putting PH to about 5.8 but I guess a good flush is in order as well

Koondense

Veteran
Much light, low humidity, low temperatures. Typical led problems at this time of year :)
Maybe the solution is aerated compost tea, I'll brew some next week(my girls suffer the same symptoms).

Cheers

st0ric

Yep tap water same as always, once the shops open after Christmas I am going to buy Canna Coco and some calmag so hopefully that works better not a fan of this dual fuel

st0ric

Ok I bought Canna Coco nutrients and a brick of substrate, first time using something better then the Brunnings brand crap and repotted the plant showing issues into larger single unit Autopot, hopefully this cures the problems and it can get some good growth going. Also bought a cheap aerocloner so going to run that and see how it compares to straight into Rockwool under a dome.

Fingers crossed using the right nutrients for the right substrate = no more issues because everything in my tent is about the same age but I have a variety of sizes and health, this runs been very hands off and it's showing. Every seed was put in Rockwool on the same day, varience is down to what started healthy pretty much.

20220101_025423.jpg

The peyote cookies are about the same size no issues here
20220101_030209.jpg

Runtz auto seems to be dying, this one had a helmet head and didn't grow cotyledons it nearly died but the first leaf managed to break out

20220101_025256.jpg

This Runtz is doing very well

20220101_025203.jpg

The third is just starting to take off.

20220101_025137.jpg

Wedding Cake is double the size of everything else and is always a bit droopy but is 6 nodes at 6"

​​​​​​