What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

How often to top feed?

Kajuna

I am doing a hydro dwc grow in a 30 L bucket and planning to include a small pump in the bucket to pump the nute solution on to the clay pebbles in the net pot with the seedling until the roots reach down into the nutrient solution.

Should I just let it run continuously or should it be turned on and off to moisten the net pot periodically?

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
That may be a little hard to answer. I think you may need to research a lot before using a setup like the one you are talking about. There are so many variables from the size of the plant to the timing of plant growth vs ppm or EC. So much more than just turning on a switch. Temps, size of plants, type of plants, type of fertilizer and water, pH and so many other variables. 😎

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
I am doing a hydro dwc grow in a 30 L bucket and planning to include a small pump in the bucket to pump the nute solution on to the clay pebbles in the net pot with the seedling until the roots reach down into the nutrient solution.

Should I just let it run continuously or should it be turned on and off to moisten the net pot periodically?

Check out the Hydro forum for the answers you are looking for. Good luck. 😎

Latest posts

Latest posts