Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help for Setup of long time exploitation

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Help for Setup of long time exploitation

    Hello guys/girls,

    Im currently planning a setup for the day it will be legal in my country (next year), and i have 2 major questions to treat before planning the exact lightning and air conditioning.
    Until now i only grew in a small 60x60x120 cm setup with a 250W HPS lightning.

    1. The Tent/box:
    I want to simultanious have plants in grow and bloom phase and there wont be cannabis only in the tent(s) but also my rare aroids and orchids.
    For that purpose i was looking at multy-chamber grow tents of a size from 2.4 x 1.2-1.5 x 2 [m], but there seems to be not a lot of choice, could you point me to a manufacturer who's selling in europe and has big size multy-room tents?
    Or would you simply go with 2 seperate tents covering the same area?

    2. Lightning:
    Since LED's have developed a lot during the last years, i want to know what you use LED or HPS? Whats the best in your opinion and why?
    Which is the leading LED manufacturer for growing medical grade marihuana?

    Thank for every reply in advance
    Best regards
    ColaBud

    #2
    Leds for sure. Good bang for the buck can be had with mars hydro products. And they have some tents, too. Don't know if they have any big multiroom ones but for sure you could find 2 of them to be used in the space you planning on using.
    I am sure you'll find more suppliers out there, for both lights and tents, but be aware that some of them are just the same quality, but way more expensive and most of that extra cost is bullshit or extra marketing costs passed to the customer.
    I am now using a small 1 x 1 x 1.8 meter tent from mars hydro with a FC3000 (300w) leds from them, and I am very happy with it. Before i also used some of the cheaper TS series lights they sell. Which are good as well, for the price. But for long time use I would recommend you the more efficient FC or FC-E series.
    "We ought never do wrong when people are looking." - Mark Twain

    Comment


      #3
      I thank those mars hydro lights are better than the cheap colored ones. The new white LED lights they have seem to have much better growth with fewer watts and less heat. You can stick a good LED in a closet and grow buds without a tent if you wanted to. Good luck 😎

      Comment


        #4
        Originally posted by ColaBud View Post
        Hello guys/girls,

        Im currently planning a setup for the day it will be legal in my country (next year), and i have 2 major questions to treat before planning the exact lightning and air conditioning.
        Until now i only grew in a small 60x60x120 cm setup with a 250W HPS lightning.

        1. The Tent/box:
        I want to simultanious have plants in grow and bloom phase and there wont be cannabis only in the tent(s) but also my rare aroids and orchids.
        For that purpose i was looking at multy-chamber grow tents of a size from 2.4 x 1.2-1.5 x 2 [m], but there seems to be not a lot of choice, could you point me to a manufacturer who's selling in europe and has big size multy-room tents?
        Or would you simply go with 2 seperate tents covering the same area?

        2. Lightning:
        Since LED's have developed a lot during the last years, i want to know what you use LED or HPS? Whats the best in your opinion and why?
        Which is the leading LED manufacturer for growing medical grade marihuana?

        Thank for every reply in advance
        Best regards
        ColaBud
        If I were you and since this is in the planning stage for next year, I would keep your small 60x60x120 set up for your non cannabis plants and get two tents each with their own lights, fans, etc. One for plants in the veg/grow phase and one for the flower bloom phase. If the old setup is more space then you need for your other plants maybe you could keep a mother, and/or root clones in there?

        Now on your question about lights, I'm going to go out on a limb and guess you asked about the HPS because that's what you've already been using, right? If so then you already know that they can get pretty hot if you get too close to them when they're on. You probably also know they consume a fair amount of electricity. Now you've probably also heard that LED's have become so popular because they 're cheaper to buy and run and they generally last longer and they also don't get anywhere near as hot which is good if you live somewhere that is hot year round or gets hot in the summer. Outdoors cannabis can cope pretty well with heat but indoors you don't want it up much more then the upper 70s to low 80's degrees F. LED's make that real easy in the summer without having to run an air conditioner too hard. Now with HPS because of the heat you have to keep them fairly far from the plants and if a person was able to they would love to get the light closer. So then tendency with people used to HPS, when they switch to LED they notice the coolness and think, "Oh wow I can move this real close to the plants and give the plants full strength" and temperature wise that would be true but today's LEDs are so efficient and powerful that if you did that you could cause bleaching aka light stress on your plants. So as your planning your grow space and thinking about things like AC and Fans and ventilation keep in mind LEDs are very different but not weaker.
        Wanna Ask The Old Farts A Question?

        HempKat & The Insane Clone Posse!

        Deep Stoner Thoughts

        Comment


          #5
          Originally posted by HempKat View Post

          If I were you and since this is in the planning stage for next year, I would keep your small 60x60x120 set up for your non cannabis plants and get two tents each with their own lights, fans, etc. One for plants in the veg/grow phase and one for the flower bloom phase. If the old setup is more space then you need for your other plants maybe you could keep a mother, and/or root clones in there?

          Now on your question about lights, I'm going to go out on a limb and guess you asked about the HPS because that's what you've already been using, right? If so then you already know that they can get pretty hot if you get too close to them when they're on. You probably also know they consume a fair amount of electricity. Now you've probably also heard that LED's have become so popular because they 're cheaper to buy and run and they generally last longer and they also don't get anywhere near as hot which is good if you live somewhere that is hot year round or gets hot in the summer. Outdoors cannabis can cope pretty well with heat but indoors you don't want it up much more then the upper 70s to low 80's degrees F. LED's make that real easy in the summer without having to run an air conditioner too hard. Now with HPS because of the heat you have to keep them fairly far from the plants and if a person was able to they would love to get the light closer. So then tendency with people used to HPS, when they switch to LED they notice the coolness and think, "Oh wow I can move this real close to the plants and give the plants full strength" and temperature wise that would be true but today's LEDs are so efficient and powerful that if you did that you could cause bleaching aka light stress on your plants. So as your planning your grow space and thinking about things like AC and Fans and ventilation keep in mind LEDs are very different but not weaker.
          Thank you for your reply, in fact i know that as im
          already using LED for terraria-plants and i need a lot more space for my collective plants. I want to keep the small tent for drying purpose only. I think i will go with 2 1,2x1,2-1,5x2 m tents the bigger one for veg phase and collective plants.
          i cant work with mothers as im only allowed 4 plants and i dont know if legislation would consider cuttings as belonging to the mother or as a seperate plant.
          And the HPS i only used combined with cooltube and a simcom regulator to adapt the (overdimensioned) AC to all temperature levels like that i could grow the plants with 10cm distance to the light which was needed for that small tents. As an engineer im pretty solid with my knowledge about these things, and my question was more about what manufacturers you would recommend for LEDs and if someone has made some serious comparision of specific models.
          I want to achieve 2.5g /W grows, not for my fist one maybe but with time i should get there as i did broke the 1g/w on HPS too.

          Comment


            #6
            Originally posted by ColaBud View Post

            Thank you for your reply, in fact i know that as im
            already using LED for terraria-plants and i need a lot more space for my collective plants. I want to keep the small tent for drying purpose only. I think i will go with 2 1,2x1,2-1,5x2 m tents the bigger one for veg phase and collective plants.
            i cant work with mothers as im only allowed 4 plants and i dont know if legislation would consider cuttings as belonging to the mother or as a seperate plant.
            And the HPS i only used combined with cooltube and a simcom regulator to adapt the (overdimensioned) AC to all temperature levels like that i could grow the plants with 10cm distance to the light which was needed for that small tents. As an engineer im pretty solid with my knowledge about these things, and my question was more about what manufacturers you would recommend for LEDs and if someone has made some serious comparision of specific models.
            I want to achieve 2.5g /W grows, not for my fist one maybe but with time i should get there as i did broke the 1g/w on HPS too.
            Oh okay I don't really have an experience yet with LED's it just kind of sounded like maybe you were switching from HPS to LED and I do know you have to be careful with the distance. I see a fair number of people new to LED's make that mistake but since you've already been using LEDs you already know this so sorry if I wasted your time. I can make one suggestion but it's not based on experience and that would be the Mars LED products. First off I've seen a lot of very positive reviews and several decent looking grows on here using Mars LED equipment so they seem like good, affordable, reliable products. More important Mars LED is one of the vendors affiliated with this site and is very active on the site which gives you easy access if you ever need help with their product. They also seem like very friendly and helpful people. Hopefully they'll chime in on this message thread and offer a suggestion?
            Wanna Ask The Old Farts A Question?

            HempKat & The Insane Clone Posse!

            Deep Stoner Thoughts

            Comment


              #7
              Maybe visiting their vendor subforum to see the results other are getting with the MH products would be even better than asking the vendor about it. If you need their advice on certain models or stuff, for sure, then ask in their forum or by pm.
              "We ought never do wrong when people are looking." - Mark Twain

              Comment

              Working...
              X