Sick of clear trichomes!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sick of clear trichomes!!!

I cannot get trichomes to turn amber. People talk about 50/50 cloudy/amber but I'm doing good just to get 50/50 clear/clowdy. Every bit of bud I've grown that had alot of clear trichomes gives me the worst headache, and the buzz is terrible. I dont even know how to describe it, but it's terrible.

If it's true what they say about the trichomes, then I can only assume the clear trichomes are the reason why my bud sucks and the reason why the buzz is terrible.

Here is a picture I took from reddit.
    ​ Am I correct in assuming these trichomes are loaded with way more medicine (even tho it may be degraded into cbg or whatever), than clear trichomes??? How do I get my trichomes to turn amber like this?!! And these trichs are completely cloudy also, how do ppl do this?

Here are my trichomes
    Click image for larger version

Name:	2021_10_21_01_46_31_549.png
Views:	464
Size:	39.9 KB
ID:	17972411Click image for larger version

Name:	2021_10_21_01_46_49_485.png
Views:	406
Size:	37.3 KB
ID:	17972412Click image for larger version

Name:	2021_10_21_01_46_09_856.png
Views:	406
Size:	41.0 KB
ID:	17972413

Does anyone in here really get amber trichomes?? How can I get trichomes like the first picture?!

Thanks in advance

I'm not a real expert on checking trichomes, i just chop when i feel it's time, but don't you just have to wait longer and they'll all eventually turn amber?

Comment

Originally posted by homeless guy View Post
      I'm not a real expert on checking trichomes, i just chop when i feel it's time, but don't you just have to wait longer and they'll all eventually turn amber?
      That's what ppl say, but I've let some go so long that they started throwing nanners, bud starts to turn really dark colored, stops drinking water, etc..but I didnt notice any substantial changes in trichs, which is very disheartening.

Is not enough light a possibility? Or not intense enough light? It happens to all my grows, LED, HPS, coco, synthetic, organic., I dont know what else to do

Comment

Trichomes only change because the season changes. If you fade the lighting and do not keep the same light intensity they will turn. I have used high-hanging fluorescent lighting with the same photoperiod the last week with good results. Or you can raise your lights for the last 10 days. Another way is to put your plants outdoors the last week or two if the weather is mild and you match the photoperiod. Environmental change is key. 😎

Comment

Originally posted by Creeperpark View Post
          Trichomes only change because the season changes. If you fade the lighting and do not keep the same light intensity they will turn. I have used high-hanging fluorescent lighting with the same photoperiod the last week with good results. Or you can raise your lights for the last 10 days. Another way is to put your plants outdoors the last week or two if the weather is mild and you match the photoperiod. Environmental change is key. 😎
          Ok this is an interesting suggestion I could try.
          What if I had other flowering plants at different stages in the same tent? Would it fuck them up real bad ?

What do you think about 1 to 3 days of complete darkness before harvest? Especially in tandem with 10 days of light dimming?

Comment

is the green fading in your plants towards the end? letting them fade out with less nutrition will help turn them.
            Let the soil dry out a bit too if you in soil

VG
            My contributions to this website in no way imply support for any political or cultural views promoted here.
            -----
            To the large and singular furniture of this noble island i have added from foreign places all the variety of herbs and flowers that i might any way obtain. I've laboured with the soil to make it fit for plants, and with the plants that they might delight in the soil - so they might live and prosper under our climate as in their native and proper country.
            Gerard's Herbal (1636)

Comment

A photo of the entire plants/tent would help.
              Harlequin & Acapulco Gold manifold grow
              https://www.icmag.com/ic/album.php?albumid=81581

β€œThe ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience,
              but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.”

May the fleas of a thousand camels infest
              the crotch of the person who screws up your day and,
              may their arms be too short to scratch.

Comment

Like the others are saying, sometimes you have to tell the plant it is time to die. Reduce the light - raise it or dimmer it down or reduce the light hours. Reduce the temp if you can. Reduce the feed - water & nutes. But do it all gradually . . .
                Thank you to all of the anonymous growers for the fine herb that I have smoked over the last 50 years.

Comment

I never look. I know people that have got quite hung up on the idea, having read the suggestion it's a guide to readiness. It's not though. Not all plants do it, so you could be waiting a while. Those that do, are telling you something about the harvest window. Which to my ears is 'you missed it' as I don't want the degradation (CBN is an oxidation product of THC)

Comment

Originally posted by BobChronic6505 View Post
                    I cannot get trichomes to turn amber.
                    Wait longer and they'll turn amber.

Note: Flowering times that breeders give on seed packs are just guidelines. It can take longer.
                    I'm probably up to no good.

Terpene Amplification

Comment

I agree with trout, I have never seen them not turn amber if you wait long enough, but know when you see amber that is when THC degradation has begun,
                      But by the sound of what you want, I'd go for 50/50 Cloudy/Amber, this will be nice and more of a body high..

What strain are you growing what has this issue?
                      What are it's suggested flowering times?
                      How long along are you?

Comment

Originally posted by troutman View Post

Wait longer and they'll turn amber.

Note: Flowering times that breeders give on seed packs are just guidelines. It can take longer.
                        I've taken a couple of 8 week strains to 12 with no significant difference in trichomes.

Comment

Originally posted by f-e View Post
                          I never look. I know people that have got quite hung up on the idea, having read the suggestion it's a guide to readiness. It's not though. Not all plants do it, so you could be waiting a while. Those that do, are telling you something about the harvest window. Which to my ears is 'you missed it' as I don't want the degradation (CBN is an oxidation product of THC)
                          I agree that you can tell visually that buds are done, regardless of what the trichomes look like.

I can get buds to the finish line, flush them, they look decent enough, but when you scope them all the trichs are clear as fuck.

Do you agree that a cloudy trichome has more thc than a clear? If so, that tells me that my plants are not producing thc, even tho they grow into mature looking buds. This is what I'm trying to fix. I need my plants making medicine

Comment

Originally posted by tobedetermined View Post
                            Like the others are saying, sometimes you have to tell the plant it is time to die. Reduce the light - raise it or dimmer it down or reduce the light hours. Reduce the temp if you can. Reduce the feed - water & nutes. But do it all gradually . . .
                            Significant temperature and light reduction is the only thing I havent really tried, so going to have to look into making this work

Comment

Originally posted by tobedetermined View Post
                              Significant temperature and light reduction is the only thing I havent really tried, so going to have to look into making this work

Comment

Working...
                              X