What's new

Same strain same mother, 2nd run plants smell completely different?

Ood

This question is a bit deeper than the title, but basically it's this.

I am growing Apex by Ethos, this is my 2nd run with this strain, on my 1st grow it came out great nice size buds and nugs and a good fuel aroma to it.

Now on my 2nd run things are way more dialled in with regards to environment, feedings schedule ect.

I am now going into week 4 of flower and although all the clones where taken from the same mother as the 1st run, my girls are very different, the basic structure is the same but the smell is completely different.

My question finally is, iyour environment and everything else is better than your 1st run would that influence the bud to have more Terps or perhaps bring out more of the other pheno if it's a hybrid, such as my Apex which is a Mandarin cookies x Lilac Diesel?

On this run it seems I have more of a Mandarin cookies smell where as on the last run it was more fuely.

Just curious

El Timbo

When you say the new environment is better what differences are there? It would appear that the first environment was better for producing fuel aromas.

Dankwolf

Temp, humidity, ph ,feed all effect how a plant will.produce and terp profile . Seems to effect some strains more then others . Completely normal . Some fight this fact but I have seen it 100s of times over the years

Ood

What I meant buy the environment being better, is better air movement a more stable temp between light on and off, but perhaps the biggest difference being I was root bound at the start of flower, so was multi feeding from the start of flower, the growth has been astronomical in a great way compared to the previous run where I was only multi feeding like I am by the end of week 4-5

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
That's pretty normal.. . Many of my seed runs are not the same as the clone run.. All kinds of things will affect ea run. The biggest influences I've seen are from heat and feed. Even when all things are the same seed runs wont be the same as clone runs. I do not see a lot of change in terp profiles though

f-e

Mentor
Veteran
A fresh seed has the potential to go many ways. Spoiled brats are often less diverse

One stressful occasion can make you prep for it again.