What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Will cannabis grow towards a source of light that is too strong?

Loc Dog

Hobbies include "drinkin', smokin' weed, and all k
Veteran
I have not grown in years, and first grow since then I ruined by starting with LED's too close, when I switched to flower. I got light bleaching, yellow leaves and foxtailing. I am into 3rd week of flower on 2nd grow, and have LED's as high as then can go. Some tops are much taller than others. Will a cannabis plant avoid growing toward light that is too strong? Does its DNA have that intelligence?

G

or just top it, sad as it might be to let the remainder fill out better

Growenhaft

Wird eine Cannabispflanze vermeiden, in Richtung zu starkem Licht zu wachsen?
Hat seine DNA diese Intelligenz?
yes she has.

your main interest is to preserve your style.

you can see this in many cases where plants develop a very stocky growth when the distance to a high-performance lamp is too small.

This property belongs to phototropism, which enables the plant to always grow towards the light. The microtubules, which determine cell growth via proteins, are responsible for this. It regulates the alignment to the sun and thus also the height growth, which is stopped in the event of harmful radiation. this growth then spreads out ... albeit at a slower pace overall.

St. Phatty

Phototropic/ phototropism.

"too strong" ... for a lot of plants, too strong is the HEAT that comes from being in the sun.

I have one plant that is normal (bending towards the sun) BUT the leaves are curling cause it's HOT.

fetch?id=17882742&d=1624198023.jpg

Loc Dog

Hobbies include "drinkin', smokin' weed, and all k
Veteran
I have very uneven scrog, but none of the taller growth is showing any problems with too much light. last run had light bleaching and tons of yellow leaves, followed by foxtailing. None of those issues this time. Tried to get answer to when to stop weaving into scrog, but never got a decent answer. Thinking it should be stopped at light change, since I did till ten days afterwards, and much never grew up and is shaded by taller growth. GG4 is supposed to double or triple once lights flipped, but that might be for very young plants. I wanted heavily rooted plants before going to flower. This run is drinking twice as much as last run.