What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Seedling showing sex

So I popped a few bag seeds that I was gifted from last year. I had a assumption they were going to be auto flowers. When they came up i was stumped... Ive never seen this, but when the seed came out of the soil it grew calyxs with two pistils before its first set of true leaves. Has anyone ever experienced this? this is a new one for me. Looks like a nice purple bud forming in the center. I attached a few pictures, thanks for any input

Attachments

• photo2042593.jpg
    photo2042593.jpg
    108.1 KB · Views: 19
  • photo2042594.jpg
    photo2042594.jpg
    104.8 KB · Views: 18

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
So I popped a few bag seeds that I was gifted from last year. I had a assumption they were going to be auto flowers. When they came up i was stumped... Ive never seen this, but when the seed came out of the soil it grew calyxs with two pistils before its first set of true leaves. Has anyone ever experienced this? this is a new one for me. Looks like a nice purple bud forming in the center. I attached a few pictures, thanks for any input

I need clearer pictures to see what's going on. Can you get some macro shots?.

So just looking my other seedling is doing the same thing. You can see the pistil poking out before the leaves even opened. I have one more just breaking soil, cant wait to see what that one does. Any reasoning behind it? I asked a grower friend and he said its a positive sign. I am just gunna let them rock and see what becomes of them

Attachments

• photo2042599.jpg
    photo2042599.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 19
  • photo2042600.jpg
    photo2042600.jpg
    100.4 KB · Views: 25

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
It's not easy for us to see from the pics. That's not normal for sure. I've not seen that before. It will def be interesting to see how she grows.

Ok i am going to try a magnifying glass

Attachments

• photo2042605.jpg
    photo2042605.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 27
  • photo2042609.jpg
    photo2042609.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 24
  • photo2042608.jpg
    photo2042608.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 21
What a pain to get a good picture, my hands shake too much. Hope you can make them out hammerhead.

Attachments

• photo2042610.png
    photo2042610.png
    543.1 KB · Views: 26
  • photo2042611.png
    photo2042611.png
    601.3 KB · Views: 26
So I went to my friends last night and racked his brain over where and what the seeds came from. He remembered the strain being called Sunset sherbert. I have 3 of these seeds started and 2 are showing the pistils already the 3rd seedling still has its shell on. As they get bigger I will keep you posted on what's happening. Stay tuned

If you can figure out how to get me an address or pm me, i'll send it over
I tried to message to or send you mail it wouldnt let me yet. I dont think i have enough posts yet to message. If you go to members list in the drag bar at the top of the page you can search my name then maybe I would be able to respond to you