What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Help with pink kush

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
You locked up your nutrients by using too much gypsum, oyster shell flour, cal-mag and other calcium sources, and maybe (tap water?). You are blocking the ionic cation exchange with too many hydroxyl ions. There's no room on the receptor sites for positively charged ions, so the plant is locked up so to speak. The lights maybe compounding the problem because the plant can't provide adequate protection for itself caused from the nutrient deficiency caused from the lock-out. 😎

Mars Hydro Led

Grow on Earth Grow with Mars
Vendor
Hello Friend, thanks for using our light. LED needs to add more cal and mag for plants. not only our brand.

Tynehead Tom

You use the word “light burn” while i used the word “dehydrated”. And i already went into the factors that play part in grow areas that cause the leaves to dehydrate under modern leds. Read my earlier post again, if you’re interested.

The part of the plant in the corner is greener cause it’s not directly under the light. The leaves in post #4 have clear signs of dehydration caused by leds; Dehydrated, dry looking – lost their waxy shine, yellowing. Google “Led light bleaching/damage on cannabis” and you will find similar photos. My plants looked the same when i ran my lights with too much wattage/too close to the plants, so i know personally why they look like that.

Individual plants handle led/cob radiation differently as i stated in my earlier post. Soil getting too dry worsens the symptoms.

The parts of the plant(s) that are not too close to the light are clearly dark green so they are not under fed, and so it is not a NPK nutrient deficiency. Plants grown under modern leds do not need stronger NPK feed compared to HPS, as i have already stated.
Peace

i hear ya and I'm not trying to stand on a pulpit and demand that you believe me hehehe
btw.... I said nothing about NPK .
I'm familiar with LED grows as many of my friends grow in tents with various LED sets ups from HLG, Spider Farmer and Mars. We have discusssed at length the trials, tribulations and successes of the switch from HPS and MH lighting to LED. I am a believer and would love to use them myself but in my climate I need the heat provided by HID lighting. The cost of heating LED rooms outweighs the cost of switching to LED. Sucks for me LOL

creeperpark may be on to something as well but without more details from the OP and a soil slurry test to see what the PH and EC is ..... we can only guess.

good discussion anyways ;)

Mattbho

Calcium locks out ? I just don't know if there can be too much calcium i could try filtered water next grow . Last time I checked water was like 120ppm outta the tap so there should be a wack of calcium in that number.
the soils pretty balanced i
At least I've not seen any other problems worth noting and there's 5 pots total i treat pretty much exactly the same . Eventually I wanted to do 1 plant per pot . I really like the 20 gal pots . Very forgiving grow . 2 grows back. I actually had 1 blumat shut off mustve been close to the last 2 weeks . When I finally noticed the pot was light as I've ever felt and the plant fell over and kinda died. I harvested 2 of the best tasting plants I ever grew the yeild was shit but they tasted incredible.

Last edited:

Mattbho

New symptom brittle leaves . They snap off really easy.

Goatcheese how do u like the strips vs the cobs or are u just using together ?

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
You probably have some other deficiencies as well. Ph would be good to know at this point. If not soil ph maybe at least the ph of the water you add in and maybe runoff ph so we can have a ball park figure. That.. or you siply feeding too little. But take it slowly with the fixes add just a bit more at a time and see how the plants react.

Mattbho

You probably have some other deficiencies as well. Ph would be good to know at this point. If not soil ph maybe at least the ph of the water you add in and maybe runoff ph so we can have a ball park figure. That.. or you siply feeding too little. But take it slowly with the fixes add just a bit more at a time and see how the plants react.

Not really feeding this is a supersoil grow. Week 6 isn't the time to start adding things ph is neutral 6.8-7.2 aged city tap water . These will finish with just water maybe a microbial mass 1x and boogie brew(carbs) a few times

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
My supersoil used to last a whole grow as well. But since I changed to high power leds I need to start to add things about a month in. They will need 2 x max nutrient dose to survive for most waterings. So don't eliminate the possibility they might need more of certain nutes. Even if nutes are available in the soil they may not be (yet) available for root uptake.

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
If you use rain instead of tap you will have a much cleaner water for growing. The 120 ppm in your tap water may not be "just" calcium, it could be a lot of things. The point is, that it is taking the place in your water for the good stuff. You don't know what the 120 ppm are, and that's the problem, because it could be accumulating in the root zone interfering with the up-take of the other nutrients, locking out the good stuff. Rain & RO water start at 7 to 17 ppm (parts per million). When you start with 7 ppm and add 2 mls of cal-mag or a pinch of dolomite lime and the ppm rise to 126 you know exactly what you have. No guessing or wondering what's in the water. 😎

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
WATER MATTERS-Water is what makes everything happen and so using the "best" only makes more sense. Rain water is electrically charged and ready for nutrient absorption and delivery if harvested before it hits the ground. Water will pick up or absorb almost anything if left long enough. When allowing the water to only contact macro and micro nutrients in the exact ratio will allow the plant all it needs. Plus using about 50% less fertilizer. Don't use anything but the best you can get, because it is one of the most important factors in horticulture.

Rainwater is a mixed electrolyte that contains varying amounts of major and minor ions. Sodium, potassium, magnesium, calcium, chloride, bicarbonate, and sulfate ions are major constituents, together with ammonia, nitrate, nitrite, nitrogen, and other nitrogenous compounds (Hutchinson, 1957) Goggle😎

Last edited:

GoatCheese

Veteran
New symptom brittle leaves . They snap off really easy.

Goatcheese how do u like the strips vs the cobs or are u just using together ?

No, i built the strip-lights for vegging and flowering males in a small cab but i do like them so far after few weeks of use. Beat the shit out of CFL lights for sure.
I'd say cobs are better for growing taller plants cause they have fairly good penetration. Strips would be really good for LST style growing and covering larger areas if you're growing short but wide plants. So it all depends on your growing style, imo.

Mattbho

Ive used filtered water , jugs from store , hose filter type of deals, brita almost everything except r.o. (when I was new I thought city water was screwing up my grows but it was all me)). I've noticed 0 difference even when running coco dtw using meters ph down and all that jazz. In my eyes good aged city water is the same as r.o. plus 2ml cal/mag .

However if not left to sit for a few hours or shaking/agitating for an hour get the chlorine bubbles out. I do notice the lowest leaf tissue gets damaged , I've always just thought that was chlorine damage and avoid using straight from the tap when possible. Or if I forget I will add some soil and swish away the chlorine smell.

I have no complaints about the 10 other cultivars I grow its just this pink gal . even under hps she's wonky. Hps pics to come. Growing 2 pink seedlings and Jelly pie x pink kush gals

Mattbho

No, i built the strip-lights for vegging and flowering males in a small cab but i do like them so far after few weeks of use. Beat the shit out of CFL lights for sure.
I'd say cobs are better for growing taller plants cause they have fairly good penetration. Strips would be really good for LST style growing and covering larger areas if you're growing short but wide plants. So it all depends on your growing style, imo.

Ya i was thinking about getting a few my veg game needs work

GoatCheese

Veteran
Yea, these Samsung LM301H strips are really nice for veg. I get over 50% energy saving compared to the CFL lights i used to have and the color of the light is awesome; 3500K and 5000K strips. 40 watts out of these Samsungs will light up a 45x80cm cab really well, replacing a 110watt CFL light fixture and produce very little heat compared to the fluoros.
These strips have paid themselves back in energy costs in 3+ years compared to my old set up.

Mattbho

where does one find these LM301H strips?
are they plug n play or a DIY situation?

I would like to know as well in Canada here ..

Guys I added some earlier pictures on the 1st page. Those plants were uber healthy before i turned the light power up.

And here's the crop today lights are off the excuse the hps its from a different tent . Click image for larger version  Name:	20210506_023750.jpg Views:	0 Size:	74.0 KB ID:	17850919

Click image for larger version  Name:	20210506_023750.jpg Views:	0 Size:	74.0 KB ID:	17850919

Last edited:

Mattbho

A total frost queen and one of my favorites . Not the heaviest/strongest smoke but it keeps me smiling. I have several of these beans as I usually find 2 or 3 per crop and they usually come out looking exactly like mom with some different terps
20210506_023809.jpg
20210506_023828.jpg
20210506_060328.jpg

Mattbho

A few of the jelly pie x pink kush this is the heaviest yielding buy alot
20210429_051752.jpg
20210429_050745.jpg

Attachments

• 20210429_050752.jpg
    20210429_050752.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 25

Mattbho

Looking like a nice mix def pinkish flowers and omg gassy.
20210429_051936.jpg
20210429_051930.jpg

Attachments

• 20210429_051926.jpg
    20210429_051926.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 30

Mattbho

These i thought were males and they are just in 3gallon pots
20210429_050919.jpg
20210429_050626.jpg
20210429_050036.jpg
20210429_050043.jpg